Jay Cutler to Packers DBs: 'Good luck'

Sep 12, 2012 Full story: KARE-TV Minneapolis 63

We begin the first season of 13-straight weeks of Thursday Night Football with a rather intriguing divisional clash between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.

Full Story
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#44 Sep 14, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text> It didnt help our cause with Finley dropping a few key passes and a fumble
Whats up with that?
Finley has good hands. AR was getting frustrated with him
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#45 Sep 14, 2012
10 Gallon Cheeks wrote:
<quoted text>
All that shower room activity...
When he got home his wife asked him why he was doing "Got Milk?" commercials after a night game

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#46 Sep 14, 2012
REGGIE 1-1 wrote:
Ok laughing Bear moron where are you now???
How about that Clay(reggie white)Matthews.Reggie lives.
A record 3 and a half sacks by Mr. Matthews.Tramon Williams 2 ints. Woodson an int.
The pack got into the face of Jay (girlie
man)Useless Cutler and buried his big mouth
into the ground where he belongs. 6 sacks against that clown.
I hope all you big mouths out there that bashed GB-
a GB fan finds you and puts you in the dirt like Loud Mouth Cutler was. I guess this packer fan from ny knew what he was talking about eh??!!!
Eat dirt packer bashers!!!!
Easy there buddy, clay Matthews is a monster but you can't say hes Reggie white. Reggie white is in a class of his own

vacaville

#47 Sep 14, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
How about Woodsen?...still bringing it, after all these years...one of the greatest careers in football history....i'd bet he goes in the Hall, on the first vote.....believe it or not, i saw him play both ways at Michigan....never forget seeing him catch a ball thrown outta bounds, along the sidelines...with one hand....it was one of those replays, you could watch forever.....
I got to watch him play live a few times while he was with the raiders. One of the best ball hawks ever. I always thought " what if the raiders kept him and asamugah(sp) and had them play together" and I'm
Not even a raider fan.
REGGIE 1-1

Westbury, NY

#48 Sep 14, 2012
Solution- mark my words you heard it hear Clay Matthews will go into the football hall of fame and will go down as one of the best defensive players ever!! This guy is the best thing that hit packerland on defense since back in the 90's when the pack signed Reggie White.
Easy nah i cannot take it easy how can you when you got a future hof on your team there friend!!
By the way hey laughing Cow Fan hows Cutler doing today -is he still CRYING like a femme!!LOL
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#49 Sep 14, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
55 career interceptions is frickin amazing. Even more amazing is that one out every 5 were returned for TDs! I agree, first ballot Hall of Fame.
When i was a kid, i watched a guy, the Lions had that was great too....Dick Labeau....lol.....BTW, why's Alex Karras not in the Hall, if Hornung is? Karras was more of a game changer at DT.....

vacaville

#50 Sep 14, 2012
REGGIE 1-1 wrote:
Solution- mark my words you heard it hear Clay Matthews will go into the football hall of fame and will go down as one of the best defensive players ever!! This guy is the best thing that hit packerland on defense since back in the 90's when the pack signed Reggie White.
Easy nah i cannot take it easy how can you when you got a future hof on your team there friend!!
By the way hey laughing Cow Fan hows Cutler doing today -is he still CRYING like a femme!!LOL
Yeah i have Pat Willis on my team
So I do understand your excitement. Personally I just don't like to compare current greats with all time greats. Too
Much can happen ( injuries, trades ect.) before the end of a players career.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#51 Sep 14, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, why's Alex Karras not in the Hall, if Hornung is? Karras was more of a game changer at DT.....
I'll give you three guesses, but I'll shocked if you need the last two.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#52 Sep 17, 2012
REGGIE 1-1 wrote:
I'm sure he is. He is a panty-waist. Never liked him
Wrestling and Lions

United States

#53 Sep 17, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of his Mongo role in Blazing Saddles?....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#55 Sep 17, 2012
Wrestling and Lions wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of his Mongo role in Blazing Saddles?....
That is funny! That could have been a factor.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#56 Sep 17, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
They both gambled, paid their dues....Karras was a better player....
Butterfingers Marshall

Miami, FL

#58 Sep 17, 2012
Cutler just pawn in game of life
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#60 Sep 17, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>They both gambled, paid their dues....Karras was a better player....
Oops. I was wrong. You do have 2 guesses left. I actually believe there are 2 reasons. I will give you credit for either one. The gambling has little if anything to do with it. I would be shocked if he lost a single vote because of the gambling.
rider

Ishpeming, MI

#62 Sep 17, 2012
Before his NFL career got under way, he signed a contract as a professional wrestler on December 13, 1957, earning $25,000 during the six-month off-season. Eight days later, he officially signed with the Lions, spurning an offer from the Canadian Football League's Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

On January 7, 1963, Karras's ownership in Detroit's Lindell AC Bar became a source of controversy when league officials urged him to sell his financial interests in the place because of reports of gambling and organized crime influence. After first threatening to retire rather than give it up, Karras admitted placing bets on NFL games and was suspended by the league, along with Green Bay Packers' running back Paul Hornung, for one season (1963).

During his exile, Karras returned to pro wrestling, taking on such memorable characters as Dick the Bruiser, but was then reinstated, along with Hornung, on March 16, 1964 by NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle. Upon returning to action in 1964, Karras once refused when an official asked him to call the pregame coin toss. "I'm sorry, sir," Karras replied. "I'm not permitted to gamble."[2] During his first year back, player discontent with head coach George Wilson resulted in Karras asking to be traded. However, the Lions settled the issue when they fired Wilson after the 1964 NFL season.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#63 Sep 17, 2012
Chuck Hughes owed him money for gambling and he mysteriously died on the field during a game. Pete Rozelle was not amused
Wold Wide Bruising Fed

United States

#64 Sep 17, 2012
rider wrote:
taking on such memorable characters as Dick the Bruiser...
This has to be it...you just dont go around brusing genitalia....
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#66 Sep 17, 2012
rider, the remark about the coin toss, is funny as hell....i've just always remembered what a force he was on the D-line and that, no matter what...he deserves to be in the Hall, if anything, especially for all the additional positive efforts he did in the television industry....Maybe it also has to do with disrespect for the Lions....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#67 Sep 17, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
rider, the remark about the coin toss, is funny as hell....i've just always remembered what a force he was on the D-line and that, no matter what...he deserves to be in the Hall, if anything, especially for all the additional positive efforts he did in the television industry....Maybe it also has to do with disrespect for the Lions....
Bingo! No more guesses required. Plus, you really can't compare a lineman to a running back that also kicked. Fair or not, the HOF has a lot more skill position guys.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#68 Sep 18, 2012
To me, the Hall of Fame, will remain flawed, until they respect all positions, equally....Alex Karras effected as many game outcomes as Paul Hornung....just in a different manner....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denver Broncos Fans Ask CBS to Ban Simms From G... 1 hr Janitor 13
Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib 8 hr Back at you 368
Enough is Enough 9 hr Insight 76
Josh McCown Proving Chicago Bears Made Right Call 9 hr Real Fart 2
WR Simpson, in more trouble, released by Vikings 9 hr Real Fart 3
To spank or not spank? 9 hr Ted 86
Raiders' Charles Woodson: 'We're not very good' 9 hr Gasman 9
•••
•••

NFL Football People Search