Top 5 most hated NFL teams.
Posted in the NFL Football Forum
#1 Jul 22, 2006
My top 5.
Never knew a team could make up so many excuses for losing.
(Till this years Seahawks)
Had a good run, but its over now and no one seems to want to accept it
THIS IS NO RIVALRY! You have to win a few games or bounce someone from the playoffs for it to be a rivalry. Wake up!!
Baltimore must have had several major jailbreaks over the past few years. Oh, thats right the escapees all got recruited by Billick and are now the Ravens defense.
Seahawk fan to the world: We won that game! Where is the trophy? Why does everyone think the Steelers won? I saw the game, I was at the victory parade. Holmgren invited me to his house and we celebrated our victory. What gives and wheres the trophy now?
Who's your top 5?
#2 Jul 27, 2006
1-Redskins: As a Cowboys fan living in DC, who else could it be?
2-49ers: "The Catch" 'Nuff said! I relish in their struggles right now!
3-Eagles: They've pretty much owned the Boys since the turn of the century-save last season.
4-Seahawks: Last season's fluke Bowl appearance and all of the tears afterwards really pissed me off! The bastards should be happy to have just been there!
5-Packers: "Title Town"...please! Another team I love to see struggling right now.
#3 Jul 27, 2006
I agree with every pick that you have. Since you are a Cowboys fan...I want to get your spin on this question. Super Bowl XXX, Steelers vs. Cowboys. Great game for the first 3 quarters, but in the 4th, would you admit that those interceptions thrown by Niel O'Donnell was for that big bribe that he got just before the game? I thought about this for years and even if I was a Cowboys fan I would have to admit they were absurd INT's. Whats your take on it?
#4 Jul 28, 2006
I'd admit they were "gift" interceptions, but I don't buy into any conspiracy theories, though. I think, after watching the game a few times, that O'Donnell made some bad reads under pressure and basically...choked. He definitely should be in the Scott Norwood category for blowing the big game. I know Larry Brown (MVP) should have thanked him because HE GOT PAID from those picks. I have to say, of all (4) of the Cowboys Super Bowls that I've seen, XXX was the one that I celebrated the least, mainly because of HOW we won, because Pittsburgh could of-should of had that game.
#5 Jul 28, 2006
1- Steelers.. The Sh-tsburgh Cheaters need I say more?
2- Browns... The Mistake by the lake, If its Brown flush it down
3- Colts.. I hate Peyton.. Cant come up big when it counts
4- Titans.. After going to a game in Nashville I ralize how much of a joke this franchise is.. It was more like a Disney theme show then a football game
5- Ravens.. Dont really have a reason..
#6 Jul 29, 2006
I guess that makes you a Bengals fan. It all makes sense cause each of your reasons for disliking teams are the same reasons the Bengals never win the big one. Oh thats right the thing with Kimo. Makes for a good excuse for why they lost, but its no different result than any other year for the Bengals. They wont win more than 9 this year.
#7 Jul 29, 2006
By the way, Tyrone Carter said it best, "We dey dat gonna beat dem Bengals"
#8 Jul 29, 2006
1.Dallas Self proclaimed America's team kinda like the Stones self proclaiming to be the worlds greatest rock band!
2.Eagles Mostly due to the unruly fans
3.Seattle To much whining Ya lost just deal with it!
4.Ravens Lewis should be behind bars
5.San Fran Glad to see how their cap juggling ended up!
#9 Jul 29, 2006
Ha-Ha-Ha, I love the line about the 49ers. Hope they rot for a very long time.
#10 Aug 7, 2006
1- Indianapolis-The football gods must hate them because they always suck in the playoffs
2-New England- I think that every non new england fan hates them for the way they kept winning superbowls
3-Pittsburgh- Everybody always wants their team to beat the current superbowl champs.
4-Cincy- nobody likes a team full of convicts.
5-Baltimore- there is just something about them that makes me hate them (except Ogden he rules)
#11 Aug 18, 2006
The only other exception I would give would have been for Rod Woodson. He is a class act and he was always a Steeler even if he wore Purple and Black. He deserved to win a Super Bowl, just wish it had been with the Steelers in '95.
#12 Aug 18, 2006
My assumptions of the top 5 hated teams by the average NFL fan per decade.
1. Chicago Bears - Super Bowl shuffle made them look like a showboat team. The arrogance continued into the late '80s even though the Bears failed to advance in the post-season.
2. San Francisco 49ers - too many Super Bowls for NFC fans to handle.
3. Los Angeles Raiders - Proclaiming to be the "team of all decades" with SB win over WSH. Al Davis moves franchise out of Oakland in 82. Bo knows" hype didn't help at the end of the decade. Silver and Black logo outselling all other teams and adorned by suburban thugs.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - A cocky Randall Cunningham and dirty squad of Eagles. Buddy Ryan putting prices on the heads of players (kind of late 80s).
5. Dallas Cowboys - Just made it due to the new owner/GM Jerry Jones firing respected Tom Landry (89).
1. Dallas Cowboys (easy pick) Won 3 Super Bowls (Team of the 90s) with bandwagon fans reviving the "America's Team" slogan. Drug/domestic violence issues. Jerry Jones sues the NFL, which continues to hamper his popularity outside of Dallas. Deion Sanders/Michael Irvin/Leon Lett.
2. San Francisco 49ers - corrupt organization that beat a lot of fans teams in the post season. Always seemed to have a winning team no matter who was at QB (Young/Grbac/Garcia).
3. Green Bay Packers - GB fans (absent in previous decades) emerge, cheese on head and football 101 basics guide in hand, when they learn that they have a football team in Green Bay. Other teams fans can't figure out how their team can lose to a quarterback that has issues throwing the ball.
4. Washington Redskins - New owner (Schneider) replaces beloved Cook. Schneider scolds coaches and hires/fires coaches/players with disregard.
5. Denver Broncos Elway finally wins (some are happy for him some are pissed). Team of loud mouths like Romanowski and Sharpe.
1. New England Patriots They own the 2000s and Brady is their leader. For some reason fans call him over-rated, which usually happens to QBs that have more than 2 Super Bowl rings.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers Recent winners and again they are calling Big Ben over-rated. Maybe its a sign that the Steelers will win multiple SBs.
3. 3 way tie Dallas Cowboys/San Francisco 49ers/Philadelphia Eagles Terrell Owens, especially in Philadelphia with the McNabb/Owens crap. Plus, the Cowboys are still being hated for the 90s domination.
4. Minnesota Vikings The Culpepper/Moss crap in the early 2000s and the drug allegations/wild partying now.
5. Cincinnati Bengals Opposing fans are not impressed by the 5 arrests in 2006.
#13 Aug 18, 2006
I like how you did your research Joe.
#14 Aug 19, 2006
I think that was one of the best posts that I have ever read. Brings back some hated memories.....
1. The Hershcel Walker trade.
2. Bill Romanowskit spitting in players face.
3. The bandana Jim McMahon wore in the SB shuffle video.
4. The creation of "how bout dem Cowboys?"
5. Buddy Ryan punching (was it?) Kevin Gilbride
By the way, who is your 'favorite' team?
#15 Aug 19, 2006
gdsteve first if you knew anything about football you would know that it was a Pittsburgh sports writer that called the Boys Americas team first. Second Seattle get over it you lost and suck at the same time, Frisco you stink and I don't know who is worse Cleveland ,Baltimore,or Cinncy you all blow.
#16 Aug 19, 2006
I beleive that you hit it on the head your research was very good but don't forget that all the talk about being overrated at least for Brady is being looked at with the new doping allegations being looked at.
#17 Aug 21, 2006
Hey MW Steeler,
Yeah, you bring back memories too. I was furious when Romanowski spit in, I think, JJ Stokes face what a disgrace to the NFL. And then the fool turns out to be a racist steroid user. Also, that must have been the weakest attempted punch I've ever seen from Buddy Ryan, I was cracking up. McMahon's bandana was laughable. And with the 1990s Cowboys arrogance, it is understandable how every fan wanted to see them go down! Like Jimmy Johnson said,If youre gonna walk the walk, you gotta talk the talk!
I think it is healthy to hate other teams, maybe even a sign of respect. I'm actually a Cowboys fan and the teams I dislike the most are the Redskins, Eagles and Giants.
#18 Aug 21, 2006
That's really too bad. I did not know he was implicated in being involved with illegal supplements until you informed me. I always looked at Brady, even though I don't care for the Patriots, as a stand up team leader.
#19 Aug 21, 2006
And they ran with it ,didn't they self proclaimed as I see it .I really don't care who said it first but tell me cool Jimmy what does who said that first have to do with knowledge of the game of football?I can see by your name coolboy THAT YOUR FULL OF YOUR SELF SO GO f YOURSELF.I'm Fifty and can match or surpass you football knowledge anytime.I don't mean writer or who said what I mean football.
#20 Aug 21, 2006
the cowboys are the most wining team since 1960. that speaks for it self. find someone else to complain about.
Add your comments below
|Goodell will not recuse himself from Brady's ap...||28 min||D. Snutz||1|
|Robert Kraft drops Patriots' appeal; Tom Brady ...||2 hr||tom wingo||10|
|Miami Dolphins paying Ryan Tannehill to be the ...||2 hr||tom wingo||18|
|Miami Dolphins lead NFL in dead money||2 hr||tom wingo||21|
|Patriots Won't Appeal Team Fine, Loss of Draft ...||3 hr||tom wingo||13|
|Dolphins optimistic Branden Albert's ready for ...||7 hr||Hick Management||1|
|NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated ...||7 hr||tom wingo||54|
Find what you want!
Search NFL Football Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC