By Blasting Belichick, Shannon Sharpe Perpetuates Double Standard

Jan 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rant Sports

CBS analyst Shannon Sharpe cries about Bill Belichick being a poor sport, but gives Peyton Manning a free pass for also being a sore loser.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I must agree that Manning displayed poor sportsmanship, but this is hardly evidence to i indicate double standards on Sharpe's part. Just because Sharpe did not comment on Manning's behavior hardly equates to condoning his behavior.
iliana

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

"WTF"? I know he is 34 y/o and the franchise needs to think about the future but Brady has at least 3 good solid years to give being that he is the BEST QB in the history of the NFL! Not only can he still play at an elite level, his passion and commitment to the game and the team are all there. He cannot do it alone as we've seen in past super bowls; if recievers don't catch well thrown balls, if key players (Gronk) are not healthy, and the "D" (secondary) cannot cover deep passes, Brady can't win them all.
GO PATS!

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

iliana wrote:
"WTF"? I know he is 34 y/o and the franchise needs to think about the future but Brady has at least 3 good solid years to give being that he is the BEST QB in the history of the NFL! Not only can he still play at an elite level, his passion and commitment to the game and the team are all there. He cannot do it alone as we've seen in past super bowls; if recievers don't catch well thrown balls, if key players (Gronk) are not healthy, and the "D" (secondary) cannot cover deep passes, Brady can't win them all.
GO PATS!
If Brady can avoid serious injuty, there is no reason to doubt that he has a few good years left in him. I remember a 37 year old QB for the Giants back in 1963, Y.A. Tittle< who had his finest season as a pro and was the clear cut best QB that year. Unfortunately, he suffered a number of injuries the next season and chose to retire after that season. It also didn't help that the Giants were getting old at key positions and also made a disastrous trade and a wasted first round draft pick.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
I must agree that Manning displayed poor sportsmanship, but this is hardly evidence to i indicate double standards on Sharpe's part. Just because Sharpe did not comment on Manning's behavior hardly equates to condoning his behavior.
Something YOU say that I can actually AGREE with. I think Shannon Sharpe's issue with Belicheck is that Belicheck cheated with 'Spygate', KNEW that he was cheating with 'Spygate', and then acted as if he didn't know, when there is NO WAY that he could not have known.

Belicheck's ego has blown up more than the 'Spygate' fiasco that he was involved in, and somehow, Belicheck thinks that he is a coaching god, where Shannon Sharpe calls him out for being a fraud, by pointing out that Belicheck can't win a Super Bowl WITHOUT 'Spygate'

This is why you are a 3 time Super Bowl champion and a Hall of Fame receiver, Shannon Sharpe. Ray Lewis is coming to join you in the Hall of Fame soon enough. Good looking out, Sharpe!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••