NFL: Roger Goodell takes issue with P...

NFL: Roger Goodell takes issue with Paul Tagliabue's ruling in Saints bounty case

There are 5 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Dec 13, 2012, titled NFL: Roger Goodell takes issue with Paul Tagliabue's ruling in Saints bounty case. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he "fundamentally disagrees" with former league boss Paul Tagliabue's decision not to discipline players in the New Orleans Saints' bounty scandal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Bounties will target eleite players who put fans in the stands and viewers in front of the TV sets in the first place. To let the perpetrators go unpunished as nobody wants to see no name fringe players at key positions and could harm attendance and TN ratings, not to mention that NFL careers could be ruined by unnecessary cheap shots taken at such elite players. There is nothing wrong with a good hard clean hit. There is no place for unnecessary cheap shots either.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#2 Dec 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
Bounties will target eleite players who put fans in the stands and viewers in front of the TV sets in the first place. To let the perpetrators go unpunished as nobody wants to see no name fringe players at key positions and could harm attendance and TN ratings, not to mention that NFL careers could be ruined by unnecessary cheap shots taken at such elite players. There is nothing wrong with a good hard clean hit. There is no place for unnecessary cheap shots either.
Hockey is the sport for that kind of garbage.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> Hockey is the sport for that kind of garbage.
fortunately, the NHL is cracking down on that sort of nonsense and handing out suspensions. It was a lot worse in the NHL in the past. Spme 40 years ago, Syl Apps of the Penguins broke the Ranger's Gene Carr's collarbone by spearing him and didn't even get a penalty let alone a suspension as the officials didn't see it. The Philadelphia Flyers of the 70's would never get way with the nonsense they engaged in back then today.
brother

Cleveland, OH

#4 Dec 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
Watch a game now and you can't even have a CLEAN hard hit without them throwing a flag ....... Maybe they should all put thier pannies on and prance around like little girls. This is what they are turning this league into. Krist the Ladies Lingerie League hits harder than the NFL now.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#5 Dec 14, 2012
brother wrote:
<quoted text>Watch a game now and you can't even have a CLEAN hard hit without them throwing a flag ....... Maybe they should all put thier pannies on and prance around like little girls. This is what they are turning this league into. Krist the Ladies Lingerie League hits harder than the NFL now.
When you consider how much faster and stronger players are today, they have to be more strict or else there no ball handling player would last half a season. Good clen hits that do not occur after the play is over do not det penalized. There are also too many horror stories of what happens to players who have suffered too many concussions after they retire. I thought Tiki Barber and Jimmy Brown retired prematurely, but after hearing some stories about brain damage from repeated concussions, I am not so critical of them any more. At least they retired in good health.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings loaded with talent at wide receiver 8 min GBPmies 11
News Colts' Luck still looking to improve entering p... 4 hr Fart news 7
News Brady to appear in front of judge for settlemen... 9 hr Fart news 2
News Trending Now: Giants, JPP talk about possible r... 11 hr Fart news 9
News Danielle Hunter shines in Vikings' drills 11 hr Fart news 8
News Fans serenade Tom Brady with 'Happy Birthday' s... 12 hr Fart news 2
News Predicting Patriots' First Wave of Roster Cuts 12 hr Fart news 5
More from around the web