NFL Wild Card Preview: Indianapolis @...

NFL Wild Card Preview: Indianapolis @ Baltimore & Seattle @ Washington

Posted in the NFL Football Forum

Since: Dec 12

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 5, 2013
You can find our preview and BCS National Championship break down here at http://www.lvsportsinsight.com/

Indianapolis @ Baltimore -7 O/U 47

Baltimore may have lost four of their last five games but there's more to the story. The Ravens locked up the AFC North after a win over the Giants in Week 16 and thus had nothing to play for in Week 17 against the Bengals. The other three losses came against Denver, Pittsburgh and Washington, all of whom have a combined record of 31-17 (65%) so it's not like Baltimore was playing weak opponents during their losing skid. I don't believe Ray Lewis will be much of factor in this game considering he'll be playing with torn triceps, but he should definitely give them an emotional boost that could potentially counteract the Chuckstrong movement out in Indianapolis.

As mentioned previously, dome teams playing outdoors on the road isn't usually a recipe for success, especially in the playoffs with a rookie quarterback. Andrew Luck has more interceptions than touchdowns when playing on the road. Remember this team got blown out by the Jets earlier in the season. The Colts have easily played the weakest schedule compared to the other playoff teams. Indianapolis' defense allows 5.1 yards per rushing attempt (31st in NFL) and Ray Rice should have a field day. With that said you never know with this Colts team and I'm going to have to pass.

Notes
-Joe Flacco is 34-7 at home during his career but only 21-20 against the spread.
-The Ravens are the only team to make the playoffs each of the past five years.

-It's been 14 weeks since the Colts' bye week while it's been 10 weeks since Baltimore's.

-Andrew Luck hasn't completed more than 50% of his passes in any of the past five games.

-Chuck Pagano was the defensive coordinator of the Ravens last season.

Seattle-Washington game analysis can be found here: http://www.lvsportsinsight.com/2013/01/nfl-po...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darrell Bevell to interview with Vikings Friday 1 hr mopip 12
Brady takes a knee, to sniff FARTS (Sep '17) 10 hr The Silver Farter 23
Poll Helmet speakers are playing fart noises because (Nov '15) 10 hr The Silver Farter 88
Miami Guy Has Bradyboner (__)__)///////D (Nov '17) 10 hr Fart Raider Stains 34
Are Cypress and Miami Denver (_)_)/////D 10 hr Fart Raider Stains 8
Is CypressMiami A Fart Sniffer (_)_)/////D 10 hr Fart Raider Stains 8
TYFSMBH Drew Brees new support group 11 hr Drew True Cheese ... 1