No excuses for Vick in 2012

Mar 18, 2012 Full story: Philly.com 385

The Eagles and Evan Mathis agreed Saturday to a five-year deal, meaning the offensive line will have all five of its starters back next season.

Read more
Vickstain

United States

#400 Aug 27, 2012
Skippy peanut butter has no bones....

“You can't hide”

Since: Aug 12

Atlantic Beach, FL

#401 Aug 27, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
No animal ever died a cruel painful death from betting.
What ???? Did you really just say that ?

"Every year, thousands of young and healthy Greyhounds are killed merely because they lack racing potential, are injured while racing or are no longer competitive."

http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/gre...

THOUSANDS... and it's legal. I guess that doesn't count to you since the dogs (most under 5 years old) are usually put to sleep peacefully, huh ? Some of you really make dog lovers look bad.
Vickstain

United States

#402 Aug 27, 2012
thousands of farts are released....

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#403 Aug 28, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Did'nt he pay his due?.....don't you move on?
He hasn't paid his dues GB. To pay his dues he should be in jail &/or never be in professional sports again. By allowing him to play is condoning his actions. Supporting him is condoning his actions.

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#404 Aug 28, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't paid his dues GB. To pay his dues he should be in jail &/or never be in professional sports again. By allowing him to play is condoning his actions. Supporting him is condoning his actions.
Too bad that's just your opinion and not realistic. That's why you people have failed at virtually everything you've done to keep him where YOU THINK he belongs. You speak like you have no grasp on reality at all and you avoid it when it's presented to you... like this:

DavidH64 wrote:
No animal ever died a cruel painful death from betting.

losers exposed wrote:
What ???? Did you really just say that ?

"Every year, thousands of young and healthy Greyhounds are killed merely because they lack racing potential, are injured while racing or are no longer competitive."

THOUSANDS... and it's legal. I guess that doesn't count to you since the dogs (most under 5 years old) are usually put to sleep peacefully, huh ? Some of you really make dog lovers look bad.

While we're at it, why are you a pussy about showing your location ?

Go Blue

Miami, FL

#405 Aug 28, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too intelligent, to be that unforgiving, especially to someone who has already served his prison time....also, you seem to favor animals over humans(children even)....

Location hidden

#407 Aug 28, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> You are too intelligent, to be that unforgiving, especially to someone who has already served his prison time....also, you seem to favor animals over humans(children even)....
No I don't favor one over the other. I am against abortion, but I do support a woman's choice. I know a bit of a dilemma. For example, I raised my son a single father. His bio-mother wanted an abortion, but her and my family talked her into carrying him to term and I gained full legal and physical custody. She has not seen or spoken to him since.

As to animals, well I have had too many to keep track anymore. Currently 2 pit bulls. My SIL is an obedience trainer, and studying to be a veterinarian.

You can not compare dog racing to the intentional deliberate violence of dog fighting. The dogs Vick trained were not for running down a track. They were trained to be vicious fighting dogs, most often lived their short lives in the most inhumane possible conditions. Racing dogs are not kept that way. Apples and oranges.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#408 Aug 28, 2012
I'm not the one talking about greyhounds, though dog and horse racing, have their own sad abuse stories.....I think it is past time, to move on from blaming Vick, for everyone, who has ever fought dogs.....

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#409 Aug 28, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>

You can not compare dog racing to the intentional deliberate violence of dog fighting. The dogs Vick trained were not for running down a track. They were trained to be vicious fighting dogs, most often lived their short lives in the most inhumane possible conditions. Racing dogs are not kept that way. Apples and oranges.
You didn't even read the link from the ASPCA, did you ? Again, you don't base your opinion on any kind of fact. Just hatred. That's why your unrealistic desires never have been, and never will be satisfied. It's also the reason that you have NO RIGHT assuming someone condones Vick's activities just because they feel he's served his time. Which he has. One has NOTHING to do with the other. Perfect example... from what you said, one could easily surmise that you condone dog racing if your opinion is that it's so totally different than dog fighting. Pretty sick thinking if you read the pastes below from the ASPCA website.

"Greyhounds begin life on a Greyhound breeding farm, where thousands of pups are born into the industry each year—of these, only a select few actually become racing dogs. This massive over-breeding is done in order to produce winning dogs. The unwanted pups, those who don’t measure up to racing standards, are simply destroyed."

"Most of the enclosures are not heated or air-conditioned, causing the short-coated dogs to suffer during severe weather temperatures. Many dogs suffer from fleas, ticks and internal parasites."

"Injuries include severed toes, broken legs, spinal cord paralysis, broken necks and cardiac arrest."

Kept sick and confined, killed if not performing,(1000's while they're still puppies) suffer horrifying injuries during their short racing careers, and eventually killed or sent to rescue groups. AND IT'S ALL LEGAL. Yeah, that's doesn't sound anything like the fate of fighting dogs, does it ? Gimme a break !
This is why people say "move on." Vick is ancient history and there's worse going on right under your nose and you obviously don't realize it if you say dog fighting and dog racing are like apples and oranges. At best it's apples and other kinds of apples.

By the way, you didn't answer why you won't show your location.

Vickstain

United States

#410 Aug 28, 2012
“Exitus acta fart”....
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

#411 Aug 28, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
there's worse going on right under your nose and you obviously don't realize it if you say dog fighting and dog racing are like apples and oranges. At best it's apples and other kinds of apples.
There's no way in hell you're not slightly retarded after offering that up. LMGDAO

Yeah, you moron summonabitch, racing dogs and what vick did (fighting, hanging, drowning, beating to death and electrocuting) are just SO similar. You offensively ignorant POS. Too GD funny, just way too GD funny!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#412 Aug 28, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Did'nt he pay his due?.....don't you move on?
Hi Blue, I would move on...if I thought he was REALLY sorry for what he did...I think he's just sorry he got caught...sorry, but it still makes it hard for me to forgive him...

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#413 Aug 28, 2012
Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no way in hell you're not slightly retarded after offering that up. LMGDAO
Yeah, you moron summonabitch, racing dogs and what vick did (fighting, hanging, drowning, beating to death and electrocuting) are just SO similar. You offensively ignorant POS. Too GD funny, just way too GD funny!
I never said they were the same. A direct quote would be, "apples and other kinds of apples." Of course you cut what I actually said . Again, if you people would only comment on what's posted instead of making up your own BS you'd have nothing to say at all. You're proving it time, and time again.

"Kept sick and confined, killed if not performing,(1000's while they're still puppies) suffer horrifying injuries during their short racing careers, and eventually killed or sent to rescue groups. AND IT'S ALL LEGAL."

I would say the sheer volume of dogs injured and destroyed combined with the fact that it's still legal makes it pretty horrifying, don't you ? Why do I bother asking. I'll just assume you support dog racing and the way they're treated, just like you assume everything YOU need to in order to continue your worthless argument. That's must be what we do here. I mean, so far I've seen nothing to the contrary.

Go Blue

Miami, FL

#414 Aug 28, 2012
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Blue, I would move on...if I thought he was REALLY sorry for what he did...I think he's just sorry he got caught...sorry, but it still makes it hard for me to forgive him...
My christian faith, keeps me from being that judgemental, especially about someone, i don't know....i chose to forgive him....
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

#415 Aug 28, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>My christian faith, keeps me from being that judgemental, especially about someone, i don't know....i chose to forgive him....
People like you, who don't have the capacity to recognize how deviant and abhorrent the savage things vick did to innocent animals, who hide their lack of humanity behind the guise of "christianity", are what give true Christians a bad rap. Well, that and those Christian "leaders" who like to play with little children. LMGDAO

If you feel YOU aren't able to judge a sick bastard like vick, then GTFO and leave the common sense stuff to normal people who aren't childish enough to think the big guy in the sky is going to come down and exact justice on sick pieces of shit like vick.

Now, go thump your bible and whatever else you may like to "thump" and leave this up to the normal people. LMGDAO

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#417 Aug 28, 2012
Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you, who don't have the capacity to recognize how deviant and abhorrent the savage things vick did to innocent animals, who hide their lack of humanity behind the guise of "christianity", are what give true Christians a bad rap. Well, that and those Christian "leaders" who like to play with little children. LMGDAO
If you feel YOU aren't able to judge a sick bastard like vick, then GTFO and leave the common sense stuff to normal people who aren't childish enough to think the big guy in the sky is going to come down and exact justice on sick pieces of shit like vick.
Now, go thump your bible and whatever else you may like to "thump" and leave this up to the normal people. LMGDAO
You're nothing but a useless piece of garbage. Proven again. Afraid to face the truth and burying the posts you can't answer with new useless garbage. You're truly a pathetic excuse for a human being with zero creditably. But nonetheless entertaining.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#418 Aug 28, 2012
Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Go Blue, rather well...I may not agree with him...but I do RESPECT him...and his point of view...again, it's about FREEDOM of Speech...and also Freedom of Religion...
Onething he doesn't deserve is to be called...People like you...he's a good guy...as I said...I do respect him...
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#419 Aug 29, 2012
One thing, we don't talk about concerning Vick, is that he is very fragile and small....i don't see him survivinga whole season, lt alone a trip all the way to the Superbowl....BTW, thanks Marissa...(blushes)....lol....

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#420 Aug 29, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
One thing, we don't talk about concerning Vick, is that he is very fragile and small....i don't see him survivinga whole season, lt alone a trip all the way to the Superbowl....BTW, thanks Marissa...(blushes)....lol....
Eagles going to a Super Bowl would require one of those "back-up turns out to be a superstar" stories that are far too rare. If Foles is the next Aaron Rodgers maybe. He's looked good in the pre-season, but let's see what he's like when it's GO time and we all know that's coming sooner rather than later.

Location hidden

#421 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't even read the link from the ASPCA, did you ? Again, you don't base your opinion on any kind of fact. Just hatred. That's why your unrealistic desires never have been, and never will be satisfied. It's also the reason that you have NO RIGHT assuming someone condones Vick's activities just because they feel he's served his time. Which he has. One has NOTHING to do with the other. Perfect example... from what you said, one could easily surmise that you condone dog racing if your opinion is that it's so totally different than dog fighting. Pretty sick thinking if you read the pastes below from the ASPCA website.
"Greyhounds begin life on a Greyhound breeding farm, where thousands of pups are born into the industry each year—of these, only a select few actually become racing dogs. This massive over-breeding is done in order to produce winning dogs. The unwanted pups, those who don’t measure up to racing standards, are simply destroyed."
"Most of the enclosures are not heated or air-conditioned, causing the short-coated dogs to suffer during severe weather temperatures. Many dogs suffer from fleas, ticks and internal parasites."
"Injuries include severed toes, broken legs, spinal cord paralysis, broken necks and cardiac arrest."
Kept sick and confined, killed if not performing,(1000's while they're still puppies) suffer horrifying injuries during their short racing careers, and eventually killed or sent to rescue groups. AND IT'S ALL LEGAL. Yeah, that's doesn't sound anything like the fate of fighting dogs, does it ? Gimme a break !
This is why people say "move on." Vick is ancient history and there's worse going on right under your nose and you obviously don't realize it if you say dog fighting and dog racing are like apples and oranges. At best it's apples and other kinds of apples.
By the way, you didn't answer why you won't show your location.
So let me understand you correctly. You state that other peoples opinions who feel he has paid his dues are valid, but mine and others opinion that he has not is invalid. Gee thanks. How big of you. Hypocrite much?

I don't deny that there is abuse in dog racing. It exists in horse racing too. But it is minimal in comparison to dog fighting, where there is zero oversight.

ASPCA, god love 'em for their work, are like PETA in some ways. They are a bit extreme and tend to over-exaggerate. A few instances and they make it out like it is rampant through out the sport. Which it is not. Again I speak from personal knowledge through my SIL who has worked on dog and horse racing farms as part of her career. Her life's work has been all about animals.

As to my location, what is it to you? I have the option to not disclose my location in my posts. Others do that as well. Do you take up your displeasure with them? For the record I am in Annapolis. A drinking town, with a sailing problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders sign running back Trent Richardson 9 min Nice Review 6
News Jets Are Not Increasing Prices For Season Ticke... 19 min Jack 3
News NFL notebook: League to research goal-line came... 24 min Jim 7
News Patriots' AFC East rivals make biggest moves, a... 7 hr Team Mensa 6
News Oakland Raiders: Should they pursue Trent Richa... 9 hr Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Rob Gronkowski Was On Stage Twerking At Ultra B... 10 hr Ultra Freakfest 4
Abe Addison's Cleveland Browns Deal Revealed To... (Apr '14) 11 hr Hatters gonna hatte 22
More from around the web