Connecticut shooting hits close to home for Tyvon Branch

Full story: Silver And Black Pride

Raiders safety Tyvon Branch grew up in New York and went to school at University of Connecticut.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2012

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

A SAD DAY IN CONNECTICUT :(
our thoughts and prayers to all those kids and their families.
RAIDER MISTERIO, RAIDER NATION.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

First time in a long while that I can remember shedding a tear while reading a news article. Memories of dropping my own children off at kindergarten for the first time, and them not wanting to stay. The most innocent lost, the saddest of days. May God's face shine upon all those who were lost, their families, and all of us who mourn.
raiderfaith

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I am originally from Connecticut. Heartbreaking to say the least. I can't imagine what it must of been like as a parent of a child going to that school not knowing...just horrible.

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Such a tragic loss of life at the hands of such Evil. With 2 boys in Elementary School and the baby 5 years away from it, this was especially difficult for me to read about. I'm once again fortunate to read about this happening "to somebody else" instead of happening to me & mine. I can't imagine what must go through one's mind to take the life of children so young. Children at that age are so defenseless. They are not a threat to anyone or anything. The lives of many families have, again, been changed forever.

Gos bless the souls of those lost yesterday and comfort their families.

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

When will our federal government and states put a stop to this madness? Schools have always been "Gun Free Zones". This obviously isn't working. In my opinion, one can look to the Israeli's for a possible solution.

I, personally, would feel MUCH better if the teachers & staff at my children's school trained with & carried handguns.

Just one gun in the hands of the right teacher (or janitor) could have saved most, if not all, of those lives yesterday.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••