Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson shoul...

Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson should trade down

There are 89 comments on the TwinCities story from Apr 18, 2013, titled Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson should trade down. In it, TwinCities reports that:

Last year, Ted Thompson was the bold one. The Green Bay Packer general manager was the cavalier chasing up his draft board for potential starters on defense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#83 Apr 26, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a great haul for the vikes. Floyd was a no brainer and I am amazed he fell so far. Why didn’t anyone else want him? Rhodes looks to be a solid pick and they really needed a corner. Both should be able to start.
In the end you can just view it as you have Patterson, no sense in argue about the price paid for him (which I thought was insane considering the amount of depth in this draft). The point is he is a Viking now and we will see how it turns out. I don’t expect too much from him this year, as with all rookie WRs, but in a few years he could really be good. The Vikings will also be able to add another vet WR after cuts so no rush to make him the immediate #2WR on the team.‘Crazy Ricky’ has added 5 first rd players in 2 yrs, that is pretty good if they all pan out.. I think 4 will at least.
Thanks for youre vote of confidence.Congrats on the Jones ,Lacy picks.

Location hidden

#84 Apr 26, 2013
eric wrote:
4 picks for a WR who is a developmental experiment?
the other 2 were nice.the corner is a question with tackling ( if you believe Jon Gruden, and the other 2)..Floyd was expected as high as 3 at one point and fell to 23 or so,so that was pretty solid.
Does Minn have any more 2nd,3rd,4th or 7th rounders left?
Floyd was very solid,,The corner sounds pretty good but needs to develop,the WR is a boom or bust,so if the Vikes let him return kicks and Punts and learn WR Wright and Jennings they may have something but 4 picks?
Thanks for youre vote of confidence Eric.We really didnt trade 4 picks.We were going to trade up in the second round anyway so we really just swapped our second for their first.What we traded was a 3rd ,4th,and 7th.Actually Eric we have a 4th,5th,6th and 2 7th left.Patterson was the second projected reciever behind only Austin.Expect Floyd and Rhodes to start from day one.As for youre picks Jones has flashed talent throughout his collegiate career but has been racked with inconsistency. His versatility and big senior season could push a team to gamble on his upside early. From cbs sports.Lacy’s slide arises from both injuries and a perception that he lacks the passion necessary to play pro football at a high level.

Running backs take a lot of punishment. They need to not simply tolerate it but thrive on it. Lacy, right or wrong, isn’t seen as a guy who is ready to go all in for the NFL.nbc sports.
eric

Monroe, WI

#85 Apr 27, 2013
Thats prob. why Ted drafted Franklin from UCLA as well.

Location hidden

#86 Apr 27, 2013
eric wrote:
Thats prob. why Ted drafted Franklin from UCLA as well.
Good draft Eric.good luck on youre picks.You have the right idea though.You need the right oline and recievers and TEs blocking to have a good running game.Talk to you in another thread sometime.
eric

Monroe, WI

#87 Apr 27, 2013
Good luck with your picks as well.I didnt notice Minn picks from today but did pretty well in round 1..Looking forward to chatting with you again as well!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#88 Apr 29, 2013
Your draft was a good one. I like the 1-2 punch at RB

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#89 Apr 29, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Your draft was a good one. I like the 1-2 punch at RB
I have no idea how Lacey slipped that far down. Oh wait, could be because of the confusing picks by the Browns, Cowboys and the Bears.

(sorry, Dude - had to go these one last time)
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#90 Apr 29, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how Lacey slipped that far down. Oh wait, could be because of the confusing picks by the Browns, Cowboys and the Bears.
(sorry, Dude - had to go these one last time)
Its all relative. The bears picked o-line, d-line & front 7 on d. Last time they did that was the early 80's

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#91 Apr 29, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Its all relative. The bears picked o-line, d-line & front 7 on d. Last time they did that was the early 80's
You mean back when you actually had a quarterback?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady Ranked As The Best Quarterback In The... 54 min Fart news 3
News Donovan McNabb charged with DUI for second time... 57 min Fart news 2
News Ranking Dolphins' Top 5 Sleepers to Watch in Camp 58 min Fart news 3
News Embattled Ray Rice still waiting for another sh... 1 hr Fart news 3
News Ex-quarterback McNabb arrested again on suspici... 1 hr Fart news 2
News Forgotten Factors That Could Help Chiefs Shock ... 2 hr Chubicans 2
News 3 Burning Questions Heading into Browns Camp 2 hr Abe Addison Hattin 4
More from around the web