Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson should trade down

Apr 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TwinCities

Last year, Ted Thompson was the bold one. The Green Bay Packer general manager was the cavalier chasing up his draft board for potential starters on defense.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of89
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jeremy

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Youre cloud is getting darker.You laughed at me last year and didnt believe me.The Vikes are the team on the rise.Greg Jennings knows it and I know it.Thats why he left the Packers cause the window was closing in Greenbay.The Packers recent drafts have been mediocre at best while the Vikings Rick Spielman has excelled.2 in the probowl already last year plus one freeagent aquisition..How many of the Packers draft picks from last year were in the probowl?The Packers drafted six defensive players last year and yet their drafting defense again this year.Lets see whos a free agent after this year...Raji,Neal,Wilson,Picket t,Burnett,Shields,Newhouse,Nel son,Finley,Quarless,Starks.HA HA HA.Who is left?Bionic man and Matthews.LMAO.Ted Thompson is twidle de de.
You still have Ponder for your QB...everyone knows unless you have an elite QB, the shot at a Superbowl is pretty unrealistic.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Youre cloud is getting darker.You laughed at me last year and didnt believe me.The Vikes are the team on the rise.Greg Jennings knows it and I know it.Thats why he left the Packers cause the window was closing in Greenbay.The Packers recent drafts have been mediocre at best while the Vikings Rick Spielman has excelled.2 in the probowl already last year plus one freeagent aquisition..How many of the Packers draft picks from last year were in the probowl?The Packers drafted six defensive players last year and yet their drafting defense again this year.Lets see whos a free agent after this year...Raji,Neal,Wilson,Picket t,Burnett,Shields,Newhouse,Nel son,Finley,Quarless,Starks.HA HA HA.Who is left?Bionic man and Matthews.LMAO.Ted Thompson is twidle de de.
Don't be silly, my cloud isn't getting darker, it's my cloud who are you to say?

Of course you said the Vikings were going to be good last year, you’re a viking fan and you say that every year. The sun is bound to shine on a dogs ass now and then.

But tell me prognosticator of prognosticators did you predict the Vikings seasons 2011 3-13 or 2010 6-10 ? Your "special prediction powers" were probably off the mark those years I bet. I on the other hand predicted the Vikings 2010 and 2011 crappy years, I was wrong about 2012, along with mostly everyone else who follows the NFL. I only guessed they would win 6 games last year, I have no problem admitting to it. It seemed fair to me at the time, I never expected AD to come back until later in the season and even then I didn’t expect him to run like a crazy person. That was probably the differance between 6-10 and 10-6 right there.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly, my cloud isn't getting darker, it's my cloud who are you to say?
Of course you said the Vikings were going to be good last year, you’re a viking fan and you say that every year. The sun is bound to shine on a dogs ass now and then.
But tell me prognosticator of prognosticators did you predict the Vikings seasons 2011 3-13 or 2010 6-10 ? Your "special prediction powers" were probably off the mark those years I bet. I on the other hand predicted the Vikings 2010 and 2011 crappy years, I was wrong about 2012, along with mostly everyone else who follows the NFL. I only guessed they would win 6 games last year, I have no problem admitting to it. It seemed fair to me at the time, I never expected AD to come back until later in the season and even then I didn’t expect him to run like a crazy person. That was probably the differance between 6-10 and 10-6 right there.
I told you and GBPfan that the Vikings would give you a run for the money and that we had a better overall team.Youre certainly welcome to check my posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>You still have Ponder for your QB...everyone knows unless you have an elite QB, the shot at a Superbowl is pretty unrealistic.
Ponders arm strenght may be questioned but his accuracy is not.Hes fine and certainly as good as Joe Flacco.LOL.Just wait till we get all our wide recievers settled and youll see.
eric

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Bleeds Purple wrote:
Just because they are FA doesnt mean they are leaving.ITs easy to sneak up on people,Now that Minn. has won 10 games last year,lets see them do it again,it just may not happen.Until you beat GB for the season GB is still division champs. Last time Minn had a great year? 09 with 13 wins,next year? they won what 3? Keep your short on until Minn. actually wins something

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

eric wrote:
<quoted text>Just because they are FA doesnt mean they are leaving.ITs easy to sneak up on people,Now that Minn. has won 10 games last year,lets see them do it again,it just may not happen.Until you beat GB for the season GB is still division champs. Last time Minn had a great year? 09 with 13 wins,next year? they won what 3? Keep your short on until Minn. actually wins something
Different times Eric.We have young players that are coming into their own.Last year we didnt have the best recievers cause we had to get Kalil and Smith.We have free agents next year also and Im kinda worried about you guys getting Gerhart.Hope we can keep him.As strange as it sounds this could be Jared Allens last year unless he really produces.Hes getting to expensive at 30 for his position.The rest wont cost that much.I really think Ted Thompson has is ruining the Packers though.The Vikes have around 12 rookies from the following two years playing and an additional 5 or 6 that are yet to be determined.Not counting this years crop.Thats pretty darn good.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>I told you and GBPfan that the Vikings would give you a run for the money and that we had a better overall team.Youre certainly welcome to check my posts.
Maybe you miss read my post.
I do remember you said that, I never said you didn't say that, and I just wrote above that I was wrong about the Vikings last year, just like most everyone else who follows the NFL. I thought they would win 6 games and I laughed at you, AD heeled and ran better than I thought he would.

But it does not impress me that a viking fan says their team is going to be good, and then when it finally happens all of a sudden they are really smart.

What did you say about 2010 and 2011 seasons?
- Did you say "the vikings are going to suck donkey balls this year"? They did, were you right about those years too or did the sun shine on dogs ass in 2012?
eric

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Different times Eric.We have young players that are coming into their own.Last year we didnt have the best recievers cause we had to get Kalil and Smith.We have free agents next year also and Im kinda worried about you guys getting Gerhart.Hope we can keep him.As strange as it sounds this could be Jared Allens last year unless he really produces.Hes getting to expensive at 30 for his position.The rest wont cost that much.I really think Ted Thompson has is ruining the Packers though.The Vikes have around 12 rookies from the following two years playing and an additional 5 or 6 that are yet to be determined.Not counting this years crop.Thats pretty darn good.
Ted Thompson is ruining the Packers? Have you paid any attention to the Packers record over the past several years?.Green Bay has always been near the youngest team in the league and if you look at guys like Nick Perry,Terrell Manning,Desmond Bishop ( all had big roles going into last year but ended up missing with injuries) but are coming back,then add in Devon House ( who had a starting corner until he injured his shoulder) played with a harness and will be back 100...Tramon Williams has played with a bum shoulder in 11, nerve damage still in 12,,IF hes back 100, we have one of the best corners in the league,If his nerve is still not there,id expect him traded or cut/benched but if hes back 100%, we have a probowl quality corner ( again if its not back,hes prob. done,if his nerve is back 100,thats a top notch corner back)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

eric wrote:
<quoted text>Ted Thompson is ruining the Packers? Have you paid any attention to the Packers record over the past several years?.Green Bay has always been near the youngest team in the league and if you look at guys like Nick Perry,Terrell Manning,Desmond Bishop ( all had big roles going into last year but ended up missing with injuries) but are coming back,then add in Devon House ( who had a starting corner until he injured his shoulder) played with a harness and will be back 100...Tramon Williams has played with a bum shoulder in 11, nerve damage still in 12,,IF hes back 100, we have one of the best corners in the league,If his nerve is still not there,id expect him traded or cut/benched but if hes back 100%, we have a probowl quality corner ( again if its not back,hes prob. done,if his nerve is back 100,thats a top notch corner back)
Thompson did do good at first cause he a whole bunch of veterans from the previous regime.Those guys are gone.Its only my opinion but as of right now I dont think the Packers have kept up with the rest of the division.The Vikings,Lions and Bears have improved considerably where as the Packers have declined.Most of youre recent draft picks havent panned out.Even Rodgers struggled last year.You have almost zero depth.Youre backup quarterback is Harrell.Youre backup recievers are all undrafted players.Prior to Perry being injured he had 2 sacks,Terrell Manning is a 5th rounder that has 3 career tackles,Bishop hasnt done anything since 2011.House has 27 tackles and 1 career sack..Cmon Eric.Most are picking the Bears to win the division out right but I dont buy that either.
eric

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Thompson did do good at first cause he a whole bunch of veterans from the previous regime.Those guys are gone.Its only my opinion but as of right now I dont think the Packers have kept up with the rest of the division.The Vikings,Lions and Bears have improved considerably where as the Packers have declined.Most of youre recent draft picks havent panned out.Even Rodgers struggled last year.You have almost zero depth.Youre backup quarterback is Harrell.Youre backup recievers are all undrafted players.Prior to Perry being injured he had 2 sacks,Terrell Manning is a 5th rounder that has 3 career tackles,Bishop hasnt done anything since 2011.House has 27 tackles and 1 career sack..Cmon Eric.Most are picking the Bears to win the division out right but I dont buy that either.
The Bears? ok then..Look at the SB team in 10,,How many guys from Sherman or wolf were there? Chad Clifton and Donald Driver.YEP 2..the other 51 on the roster were Ted Thompson picks or signings.OF course TT being considered among the top GMs by other GM and writers doesn't mean much but at the same time the record speaks for itself.AR was what 2nd or 3rd in MVP ( somewhere in there,hardly struggling)Cobb,Nelson,Jones were all 2nd -4th rounders,Finley was a 2nd or 3rd i believe.House didnt play a whole lot and had surgery on the shoulder,hes healthy and 100% ready to go.Perry played 5 maybe 6 games before he suffered a wrist and but got better as he want on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

eric wrote:
<quoted text>The Bears? ok then..Look at the SB team in 10,,How many guys from Sherman or wolf were there? Chad Clifton and Donald Driver.YEP 2..the other 51 on the roster were Ted Thompson picks or signings.OF course TT being considered among the top GMs by other GM and writers doesn't mean much but at the same time the record speaks for itself.AR was what 2nd or 3rd in MVP ( somewhere in there,hardly struggling)Cobb,Nelson,Jones were all 2nd -4th rounders,Finley was a 2nd or 3rd i believe.House didnt play a whole lot and had surgery on the shoulder,hes healthy and 100% ready to go.Perry played 5 maybe 6 games before he suffered a wrist and but got better as he want on.
You still had allot of players on that team from the Brett Favre era.Maybe Thompsons luck just ran out.Times change thats why we dont have Bud Grant anymore.How could Brad Childress go from 13-3 to 3-13.Do you believe that you have as good of team as 2010?I bet not.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Thompson did do good at first cause he a whole bunch of veterans from the previous regime.Those guys are gone.Its only my opinion but as of right now I dont think the Packers have kept up with the rest of the division.The Vikings,Lions and Bears have improved considerably where as the Packers have declined.Most of youre recent draft picks havent panned out.Even Rodgers struggled last year.You have almost zero depth.Youre backup quarterback is Harrell.Youre backup recievers are all undrafted players.Prior to Perry being injured he had 2 sacks,Terrell Manning is a 5th rounder that has 3 career tackles,Bishop hasnt done anything since 2011.House has 27 tackles and 1 career sack..Cmon Eric.Most are picking the Bears to win the division out right but I dont buy that either.
If I wanted to prove a compete fool wrong I can go back talk with my little bit** packluv. I thought you might want to talk seriously but if you are just gonna make crap up then forget it. I know you are entitiled to your own opinion but don't make things up to support your opinions, at least use real facts.

"Most are picking the bears"
-- Most? Really? Most who? Most is over 50% so where does that "most" come from. Do you mean "most" window lickers?

"TT did do good at first cause he a whole bunch of veterans from the previous regime." ?

-- Did good at first? First what? Quarter he was in GB? or first half he was in GB?

TT has been in GB for 8 years. In his 6th year he won a Super Bowl Championship with over 50 players on the roster that he brought to GB. Only a few from the 'previous regime'. No disrespect to the previous regime, they had a very nice draft and develope approach to running a football team.
eric

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>You still had allot of players on that team from the Brett Favre era.Maybe Thompsons luck just ran out.Times change thats why we dont have Bud Grant anymore.How could Brad Childress go from 13-3 to 3-13.Do you believe that you have as good of team as 2010?I bet not.
Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers in 2010, HAD 2!!!!!!! read again 2 players that were NOT Ted Thompson players,Chad Clifton and Donald Driver.Sitting at 26 means ther are only 6 teams picking after GB which puts them ( once again) near the top of the NFL,I am not sure what your not understanding about this B.P.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>You still had allot of players on that team from the Brett Favre era.Maybe Thompsons luck just ran out.Times change thats why we dont have Bud Grant anymore.How could Brad Childress go from 13-3 to 3-13.Do you believe that you have as good of team as 2010?I bet not.
Wait, first you said the players were from the ‘previous regime’ to try and prove some stupid wishful thinking point, now you say the ‘Brett Favre era’?
First- that is stupid, wtf would the Favre era have to do with TT when they won the Super Bowl?
Second- Favre era ended after 2007 season and TT came in 2005. They over lapped for 3 years, was Favre running the team for TT and drafting for him too?
I just looked up the actuall #s
-Of the 53 players on Green Bay’s Super Bowl XLV championship roster, 49 of them had been acquired by Thompson since 2005.FACT I am not sure how many were from the Favre era LOL!!!

btw what was all that "Brad Childress go from 13-3 to 3-13" about? Childres went 13-3? When?
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

eric wrote:
<quoted text>Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers in 2010, HAD 2!!!!!!! read again 2 players that were NOT Ted Thompson players,Chad Clifton and Donald Driver.Sitting at 26 means ther are only 6 teams picking after GB which puts them ( once again) near the top of the NFL,I am not sure what your not understanding about this B.P.
eric I read 49 players (I can only think of Driver and Clifton though)
http://www.packers.com/team/staff/ted-thompso...

The whiskies have made BP clam and smart today,,, or well maybe the exact opposite. I feel like I am talking to packluv or ezg recently, normally BP is better than this.

Maybe he really just wants to believe something other than the truth to give him hope, the heart wants what the heart wants....
eric

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

I posted this stuff a few months back i only counted 2,so if your right and its 49,then theres 4..Who are the other 2? who knows.
Unless Doug Peterson was still there or something and thats sarcasm
eric

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Donald Lee TE drafted by Miami..He came to GB in 05,Was it before TT took over ( by Sherman) or after Sherman got fired ( then TT brought him in) i dont know.
Donald Driver and Chad Clifton are 2 definite
Donald Lee Maybe 3,,who is the 4th?
Anyway you look at it, the SB champs was truely Ted Thompson's team

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
eric I read 49 players (I can only think of Driver and Clifton though)
http://www.packers.com/team/staff/ted-thompso...
The whiskies have made BP clam and smart today,,, or well maybe the exact opposite. I feel like I am talking to packluv or ezg recently, normally BP is better than this.
Maybe he really just wants to believe something other than the truth to give him hope, the heart wants what the heart wants....
For one I never stated that he had the same players in the superbowl.I said Thompson was good at first because he had allot of veterans from the past regime on the team.I dont see where I said he had the same players in 2010.Allot of those players in the superbowl were the early drafts choices of Thompson .Thompson hasnt done very good lately thats what I said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

eric

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Just read the Packers are meeting with Cedric Benson on Wednesday.
He wasnt great but not to bad and im thinking if Barclay is RT next year ( like he was at the end of the year) the running game should be better and Benson very well may be more productive,which of course is a good thing.Question is,if they sign Benson to a cheap 1 yr deal,does that push RB to the bottom of the draft ( 6th or 7th round? or an UDFA and practice squad him for a season)
I just hope Ted really concentrates on both line,esp. defensive line as its one of the hardest position(s) to cover.Multiple picks to not only ensure competition but increase chances AND increase the size of the guys up there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of89
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••