On deck for Lions: Titans, Vikings

Sep 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit Free Press

Last game: The Titans lost at San Diego, 38-10. And Chris Johnson had another bad game: just 17 yards after gaining 11 in Week 1. Scouting report: This week's Jim Schwartz story line is it's a homecoming for him.

Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Oct 1, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Sep 17, 2012
2 easy wins
Schwartz Cough

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Chris Johnson stated he will rush for 18 yards week 3...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#3 Sep 17, 2012
He will leave the game gasping for air

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#4 Sep 17, 2012
Chris Johnson = Albert Haynesworth
Hold out for lots of money, proclaim how great you are then suck until finally cut.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Sep 18, 2012
Stubby wrote:
Chris Johnson = Albert Haynesworth
Hold out for lots of money, proclaim how great you are then suck until finally cut.
Chris Johnson was payed for what he did including the 2000 yard season. If he is washed-up they got out of him everything they could so don't blame him.
More often tnah not

Littleton, CO

#6 Sep 19, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> Chris Johnson was payed for what he did including the 2000 yard season. If he is washed-up they got out of him everything they could so don't blame him.
RB's that hold out for more money usually return ineffective
No Refunds

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2012
I farted...can I get paid....

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 19, 2012
More often tnah not wrote:
<quoted text>RB's that hold out for more money usually return ineffective
RB's that hold out outplayed their contracts and rightly want to get payed. Chris Johnson outplayed his contract and just like Peterson, got payed. I have no problem with a football player getting all the money he can.
Cash Money

United States

#9 Sep 19, 2012
...then sucking while getting paid....

Davenport, FL

#10 Sep 19, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>RB's that hold out outplayed their contracts and rightly want to get payed. Chris Johnson outplayed his contract and just like Peterson, got payed. I have no problem with a football player getting all the money he can.
And screwing the team on the cap.You make less sense
DAILY.

Yorktown, VA

#11 Sep 19, 2012
Players don't get paid for how they performed previously but on how the team EXPECTS them to play in the future. Titans expected mutlti-million dollars worht of output and got $10 worth.

Too bed teams didn't get smart and cut players mid season and just eat the cap hit. Better to cut dead weight then to have it drag the ship down.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#12 Sep 19, 2012
Stubby wrote:
Players don't get paid for how they performed previously but on how the team EXPECTS them to play in the future. Titans expected mutlti-million dollars worht of output and got $10 worth.
Too bed teams didn't get smart and cut players mid season and just eat the cap hit. Better to cut dead weight then to have it drag the ship down.
Unless its the SS Avant Viking Ship

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#13 Sep 19, 2012
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>And screwing the team on the cap.You make less sense
DAILY.
I care about players first team second. Football is a billion dollar business. I want player when retired not have to worry about money again. I don't worry about cap space.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#14 Sep 19, 2012
Stubby wrote:
Titans overused Johnson he has 5,666 in 4 years and 2 games. That is being overused.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#15 Sep 19, 2012
He can't be blamed for a shitty o line. A running back can only be as good as the line. If you watch he is getting hit as soon as he touches the ball.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 19, 2012
The_Solution wrote:
He can't be blamed for a shitty o line. A running back can only be as good as the line. If you watch he is getting hit as soon as he touches the ball.
and a terrible QB.
QBees

United States

#17 Sep 20, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> and a terrible QB.
Leave Cutler out of this....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#18 Sep 20, 2012
Cutler would just throw Johnson under the bus.
Come to think of it he'd locve to play ball with Johnson
London

United States

#19 Sep 20, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Cutler would just throw Johnson...
At the All Sausage Olympics....

Yorktown, VA

#20 Sep 20, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> Titans overused Johnson he has 5,666 in 4 years and 2 games. That is being overused.
Chris Johnson first 4 years 5645 yds 1186 carries gets contract then quits. Yet you say he is being overused

Adrian Peterson first 4 years 5782 yds 1198 carries. More carries and yards then CJ. Gets new contract (with no holdout or whining) and runs just as hard. Plus unlike you AP knows football is a team sport.

Once again you've been pwned!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denver Broncos vs. Dallas Cowboys: 10 Most Inte... 31 min Mensan 4
Tom Brady not wearing a Patriots uniform? Brace... 2 hr Soon 2B 49ers fan 3
Minnesota Vikings vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Sc... 3 hr Magnum Man II 3
Report: Cowboys, WR Bryant near deal 6 hr Padilla82 10
Can Packers' Eddie Lacy lead NFL in rushing? 7 hr eric 2
Raiders' Mark Davis confirms meeting with San A... 8 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 36
3-Down Linebackers Grow Scarcer 9 hr Insight 2 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000