Why the Raiders Should Fire Offensive...

Why the Raiders Should Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Knapp

There are 11 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Why the Raiders Should Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Knapp. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

General Manager Reggie McKenzie was hired to bring stability to the Oakland Raiders .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

raiderfaith

Pittsboro, NC

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Good read!
I know change isn't alwYs good, but I think this is a needed change.
Eskinder

United States

#2 Dec 14, 2012
I am disappointed by Regis first big decision as a manager to bring a inexperienced coach like Allen. Fans can take so much disappointment. Enough with this crap. Get it straigt.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#3 Dec 14, 2012
actually?(LOL), we should keep greg knapp. i know it sounds crazy and i know i sound two faced! but in reality, he has done wonders for carson palmer and we are ranked 13th overall in total (O). alright, so mcfadden hasn't ran the way he has in the past mainly due to g knapp's "zone blocking scheme".we are ranked 29th in the rush. but goodson and reece have been able to run knapp's zbl-scheme? i mean, i know they have tweeked it a little with "power blocking and dmac was able to run the on that scheme. problem is, mcfadden! i believe he will get traded because when they do decide to run the "zbl-scheme"? dmac will be useless.
get a few (O-linemen) that can open a crease and greg knapp stays. providing he mixes his schemes a little and finds ways to get the ball easier in the endzone.
we are going to get a few new players to fit his zone blocking scheme and hook them up with the few that are already picking up the scheme and hope for the best. cause g knapp is going nowhere. and i doubt tarver gets fired either.
coaching staff stays intact!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#4 Dec 14, 2012
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
actually?(LOL), we should keep greg knapp. i know it sounds crazy and i know i sound two faced! but in reality, he has done wonders for carson palmer and we are ranked 13th overall in total (O). alright, so mcfadden hasn't ran the way he has in the past mainly due to g knapp's "zone blocking scheme".we are ranked 29th in the rush. but goodson and reece have been able to run knapp's zbl-scheme? i mean, i know they have tweeked it a little with "power blocking and dmac was able to run the on that scheme. problem is, mcfadden! i believe he will get traded because when they do decide to run the "zbl-scheme"? dmac will be useless.
get a few (O-linemen) that can open a crease and greg knapp stays. providing he mixes his schemes a little and finds ways to get the ball easier in the endzone.
we are going to get a few new players to fit his zone blocking scheme and hook them up with the few that are already picking up the scheme and hope for the best. cause g knapp is going nowhere. and i doubt tarver gets fired either.
coaching staff stays intact!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
this all based on the fact that these "new era RAIDERS" mckenzie, allen, tarver, came to turn this team around for the loooooong haul!
my choice? get'm aul autta hea!
listen, all these coaches sound positive! lets give them a chance without our choice!(lol). but only one more year, THAT'S IT! well, unless we see an 9-7 season or playoffs! nothng less. not even an 8-8 and no playoffs. next season, by mid season, if we've lost 6 games? fire them all! specially the head coach, first!
i can't take any more than that!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Knapp Time, did you write this???!!!! LOL

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#6 Dec 15, 2012
Either Knapp should go or McFadden. We can't have both. I was very much in support of McFadden at the beginning of the season but now with yet another injury, I don't mind trading him.

Actually, I thought Stewart looked pretty good running the ball in this ZBS a couple weeks ago.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Zild0405 wrote:
Knapp Time, did you write this???!!!! LOL
hard to believe huhh?(LOL). given one more year to fix his scrap scheme, he might just get it done?. he's not too far, we're ranked 8th on the pass. overall on the (O) 14th. which is not bad. he just needs to fix the trench and tweek it a little. 30th on the rush(pretty bad) but we already have the runners for it. he has three games to show change.
dmac goes.(injury prone!), and probably t jones as well. hasn't shown anything! probably cause they don't give him the chance?
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#8 Dec 15, 2012
i think i'm more worried about the (D)!
3-4 next season.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Johnny Cash

Van Nuys, CA

#9 Dec 30, 2012
Are you serious? Keep Knapp? Give me a break! We're 4-12 and our offense is a joke but we should keep him because our passing is 12th? What are you smoking? Knapp and his scheme is a joke. Why should we start getting rid of players because they don't work with Knapps scheme? Why wouldn't we utilize our players according to their strengths and talents? Isn't that what a good winning coach does? Knapp is a perfect example of why you shouldn't "fix" something that isn't broke. Our run game was dynamic with power blocking, why wouldn't we do what works? Let's not too mention his HORRIBLE play calling! I mean my god its atrocious! I can exactly where the ball is going everytime. And if I can tell then the defense must know as well and it shows! The last time Knapp was is Oakland was in 2007. We went 4-12 and our offense was ranked near the bottom. Here he is again in 2012 and guess what? We're 4-12 again! What a shocker! Jesus H Christ, Knapp is a joke! It may be true that McFadden just can't learn the ZBS and niether can the O-line, or maybe Knapp is just a horrible coach and can't teach these guys the way to execute. Either way its not working so why does he insist on using this failed system? Our players are on our team for a reason, they have contract agreements. If they're going to play for us why are we not developing our scheme around them? Knapp, why is that so hard for you to figure out? You got to go! He should have been fired like yesterday! I have not the slightest idea why McKenzie hired Dennis Allen, who never held a head coaching job in the NFL in his life, and why he let him hire Knapp after he has already proven himself to be a failure the last time he worked in Oakland. What the hell is going on at the Raider's headquarters? Get rid of that clown you call Knapp, today!
Kaiser Sosay

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Dec 31, 2012
Another year of what might have been....it has become way too painful to be a Raider's fan.....
raiderfaith

Clayton, NC

#11 Dec 31, 2012
Agree and Disagree. Tottally agree on the need to fire Knapp. Disagree on the first year head coach mistake. Most recycled coaches are very good otherwise they wouldn't be recycled. The few good ones aren't usually interested in inheriting a team that has struggled for over a dwcade, with a new GM and owner. Not when they can wait for a better option. The one positive Allen has brought, for the first time in years the Raiders fought whistle to whistle. That alone can't win games, but it shows the team trusts him, that is a good sign.
Johnny Cash wrote:
Are you serious? Keep Knapp? Give me a break! We're 4-12 and our offense is a joke but we should keep him because our passing is 12th? What are you smoking? Knapp and his scheme is a joke. Why should we start getting rid of players because they don't work with Knapps scheme? Why wouldn't we utilize our players according to their strengths and talents? Isn't that what a good winning coach does? Knapp is a perfect example of why you shouldn't "fix" something that isn't broke. Our run game was dynamic with power blocking, why wouldn't we do what works? Let's not too mention his HORRIBLE play calling! I mean my god its atrocious! I can exactly where the ball is going everytime. And if I can tell then the defense must know as well and it shows! The last time Knapp was is Oakland was in 2007. We went 4-12 and our offense was ranked near the bottom. Here he is again in 2012 and guess what? We're 4-12 again! What a shocker! Jesus H Christ, Knapp is a joke! It may be true that McFadden just can't learn the ZBS and niether can the O-line, or maybe Knapp is just a horrible coach and can't teach these guys the way to execute. Either way its not working so why does he insist on using this failed system? Our players are on our team for a reason, they have contract agreements. If they're going to play for us why are we not developing our scheme around them? Knapp, why is that so hard for you to figure out? You got to go! He should have been fired like yesterday! I have not the slightest idea why McKenzie hired Dennis Allen, who never held a head coaching job in the NFL in his life, and why he let him hire Knapp after he has already proven himself to be a failure the last time he worked in Oakland. What the hell is going on at the Raider's headquarters? Get rid of that clown you call Knapp, today!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buddy Ryan Praised For A Defense, the 46, that ... 13 hr Analytical Compar... 4
NFL Idiots Live In Fantasy World 13 hr Perspective Outed 1
News Developing young talent key for future of Colts... 16 hr Irsayitisntso 1
News NFL 'absolutely' trying to reach out and help '... 16 hr Tokin 1
News WATCH: Jason Pierre-Paul shows mangled hand in ... 17 hr Tom Coughinup 1
NFL Acess Proves Cam Newton Was Not MVP Last Year 20 hr Bradylust 2
Nate Burleson's Top Five QBs Is Close to Accurate Wed Bates Close 1
More from around the web