Why I'm rooting for the Steelers to win in Week 17, and why you should too

Full story: Behind The Steel Curtain

Another few steps are taken toward the end of an outstanding era in Pittsburgh, and regardless of a draft pick, Steelers fans should be rooting for a win.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2013

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Dec 31, 2012
The problem with the Pittsburgh Steelers is that they have way too many white guys on the team. When is Tomlin going to wise up?
Da Old Fool rolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Dec 31, 2012
...and he remains ever the true bigot!
pgh

Greensburg, PA

#3 Jan 1, 2013
and an anonymus coward

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jan 1, 2013
pgh wrote:
and an anonymus coward
Tell me you don't agree. There are simply way too many white players on the Pittsburgh Steelers. The white guys are not as durable and don't seem to be able to finish the season consistently. The Rooney's have been promoting the Afro-American cause for two generations now and it's time to show the world how it should be done.
thunderturd

United States

#5 Jan 1, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me you don't agree. There are simply way too many white players on the Pittsburgh Steelers. The white guys are not as durable and don't seem to be able to finish the season consistently. The Rooney's have been promoting the Afro-American cause for two generations now and it's time to show the world how it should be done.
Uh, ok how did that work out when Kordell Stewart was the QB. Look at all the white guys on the Broncos.. Hmmm first round bye& # 1 seed. Lets not forget the color of the QB in all their 6 SB wins.
At the top

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jan 2, 2013
thunderturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, ok how did that work out when Kordell Stewart was the QB. Look at all the white guys on the Broncos.. Hmmm first round bye& # 1 seed. Lets not forget the color of the QB in all their 6 SB wins.
Big Ben, white guy.
thunderturd

Columbia, IL

#7 Jan 3, 2013
At the top wrote:
<quoted text>Big Ben, white guy.
Well his skin color is...
BrassKnuckles47

Oceanside, CA

#8 Jan 3, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
The problem with the Pittsburgh Steelers is that they have way too many white guys on the team. When is Tomlin going to wise up?
Do you (1)just play the race-card on everything you see,(2)did you not pass 3rd grade arithmetic, or (3) are you a racist? Count the heads.....many more black than whites.

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jan 4, 2013
BrassKnuckles47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you (1)just play the race-card on everything you see,(2)did you not pass 3rd grade arithmetic, or (3) are you a racist? Count the heads.....many more black than whites.
By the numbers yes, but by the talent, no no way. It's the white guys who hold the team back. It's the white guys who seem to get hurt the most. It's the white guys who seem to be all tired out by the end of the season. If you're honest, you have to agree. The Pittsburgh Steelers should go with 100% black players and coaches. There's no need for white guys on a Pittsburgh team. As the city goes the team should go. I'll bet they'd always have a winning record.
thunderturd

Columbia, IL

#10 Jan 4, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>By the numbers yes, but by the talent, no no way. It's the white guys who hold the team back. It's the white guys who seem to get hurt the most. It's the white guys who seem to be all tired out by the end of the season. If you're honest, you have to agree. The Pittsburgh Steelers should go with 100% black players and coaches. There's no need for white guys on a Pittsburgh team. As the city goes the team should go. I'll bet they'd always have a winning record.
Ok well then you wouldn't win any more Superbowls because 1 black QB has won a Championship. Doug Williams. So, that right there should show you that the odds are against your all Black Steelers. So, uh good philosophy.
thunderturd

Columbia, IL

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>By the numbers yes, but by the talent, no no way. It's the white guys who hold the team back. It's the white guys who seem to get hurt the most. It's the white guys who seem to be all tired out by the end of the season. If you're honest, you have to agree. The Pittsburgh Steelers should go with 100% black players and coaches. There's no need for white guys on a Pittsburgh team. As the city goes the team should go. I'll bet they'd always have a winning record.
PS. The White that was hurt this year on your Pittsburgh Steeler team. He already has two rings. The first one he got was when he made a Tackle that paved the way to the AFC title game.
That tackle was when Indy recovered a fumble by a Black Guy at the Goal line( Jerome Bettis). So whitey saved the Brotha!! Remember? So please your argument is unwarranted.
Yats Aerial Circus

Hanover, PA

#12 Jan 4, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
Steelers = white players

Stealers = black players
Well

West Mifflin, PA

#13 Jan 4, 2013
Not on the playoffs, you'll get to see them in mini camp.
Bettis is stuck on claiming the Steelers win every game. Not this year Bus! Maybe not any with the current team.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#14 Jan 4, 2013
Well wrote:
Not on the playoffs, you'll get to see them in mini camp.
Bettis is stuck on claiming the Steelers win every game. Not this year Bus! Maybe not any with the current team.
Cheeseburger soup is good at Bettis's restaurant.
Yeah

West Mifflin, PA

#15 Jan 6, 2013
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> Cheeseburger soup is good at Bettis's restaurant.
Bettis is playing the game they lost to Cinncinati on the big screen. Bus or short bus?
BPPT323

Bethel Park, PA

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Wait.. You mean football season is still going on? This city is pathetic in how they have nothing better to do than to sit around, get fat, and watch a bunch of meatheads run around. Maybe it's the weather that resembles a nuclear wasteland, and frozen dirt everywhere.

Since: Feb 13

Toledo, OH

#17 Feb 8, 2013
yall are wrong about this. It aint a question of creed or race. All my beloved Steelers are one color: and that color is STEEL!

Steelers are #1 of all time and always will be. GO STEELERS!#1
What

New Castle, PA

#19 Feb 9, 2013
BPPT323 wrote:
Wait.. You mean football season is still going on? This city is pathetic in how they have nothing better to do than to sit around, get fat, and watch a bunch of meatheads run around. Maybe it's the weather that resembles a nuclear wasteland, and frozen dirt everywhere.
That makes me want to eat a whole pile of chicken. After that, a big fat juicy watermelon! Yum!
Black Is back

New Castle, PA

#20 Feb 9, 2013
The steelers lost. Bad dog no biscuit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Vikings vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Sc... 3 hr viking nation 10
Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib 5 hr charles 334
Can Packers' Eddie Lacy lead NFL in rushing? 8 hr eric 6
Patriots finish seson at 16-0 (Dec '07) 19 hr Soon 2B Fartin Fred 38
Tom Brady not wearing a Patriots uniform? Brace... 20 hr Soon 2B Fartin Fred 5
Jaguars sticking with Henne over Bortles at QB 20 hr Soon 2B Fartin Fred 10
Will Green Bay Packers' B.J. Raji be missed? 20 hr Say Cheese 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000