Jason Garrett will be named Dallas Co...

Jason Garrett will be named Dallas Cowboys head coach today

There are 54 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Jason Garrett will be named Dallas Cowboys head coach today. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Jason Garrett will be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys have called a press conference for 1:30 this afternoon at Cowboys Stadium to introduce Garrett as the eighth head coach in franchise history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“TEXAS baby!”

Since: Nov 10

EL Paso,TEXAS

#1 Jan 6, 2011
Won't matter they will still be BELOW AVERAGE!!!!!!!
cba1

Ambler, PA

#2 Jan 6, 2011
Not him, you need a real coach.

Get rid of Romo, Barber, and Williams.
Just Someone

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 6, 2011
How about picking up Vince Young??
StandUp

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 6, 2011
What about Gruden or Cohwer??? Jerry Jones is a dunce. The Cowboys will continue to be a DISAPPOINT or should I just say, LOSERS!
Rob

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 6, 2011
As long as they don't get rid of Tony Romo. He is the secret of their lack of...uhum...I mean success. I have longed for the day when the 'Boys would find another Danny White. I think they have. Al Davis did a great job selecting Romo. I mean Jerry Jones. Wait a minute! Has anyone ever seen Al Davis and Jerry Jones in the same room at the same time?
haha

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 6, 2011
trade romo for young
The Plain Truth

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 6, 2011
cba1 wrote:
Not him, you need a real coach.
Get rid of Romo, Barber, and Williams.
They should rid themselves of all the coaching staff and revamp with winners. Along with losser coaches, get rid of Jerry "Mr. Football Himself" Jones (aka Bare foot ridge running hillbilly, "Romo the Homo" (aka THE IRON Man SISSY BOY), Balless Barber, and all the other overpaid lossers. Citizens of Arlington, Texas destroy the evil temple of pathetic losser that have burdened you with neddless taxes. How can you stand behind a scam implemented by Mr. Football Himself, in which he charges $100 to watch a televised version of the game being played before your very eyes on the world biggest JUMBO-TRONE. Goooooooo GREENBAY!
huh

El Paso, TX

#8 Jan 6, 2011
So why is Dallas exempt from the Roodney Rule
Wade Phillips

Brooksville, FL

#9 Jan 6, 2011
A coaching change doesn't fix the real problem of Jerry Jones constantly meddling in the locker room and making an a-ss of himself.
The players will still laugh at him, take his money, and be content with watching the playoffs and Super Bowl in the comfort of their homes or favorite lounge.
Big Pappy

El Paso, TX

#10 Jan 6, 2011
StandUp wrote:
What about Gruden or Cohwer??? Jerry Jones is a dunce. The Cowboys will continue to be a DISAPPOINT or should I just say, LOSERS!
I agree! However, any winning coach would simply refuse to become a "YES MAN" to JJ. Jones is such a brillant fool that he doesn't realize that J. Garrett was calling the plays that created this mightmare. Oh, I forgot that it is easier to retain a bunch of clueless monkies ("Yes Men") than than deal with professional coaches that have a mind for the game. JJ proved this with Jimmy Johnson's termination; the only winning COWPOKE coach since JJ's ownership.
El Gato Malo

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jan 6, 2011
To the writer of this story: The history of "this proud franchise"? What decade are you living in? Jerruh "Rum and Coke" Jones has totally ruined this team and fools like you keep drinking this huckster's kool-aid. The reason they had a good run when he bought the team was because of the Herschel Walker trade and Jimmy Johnson. Ever since then, Skeletor has had an inflated opinion of his GM abilities and even made his ugly plastic surgery mug the face of the Cowboys. Quit sucking up to him!
ravieus

United States

#12 Jan 6, 2011
olay why not cohwer or gruden? Easy there might be a lock out next year and if there is they would pay a huge sum of money to a coach that wont be doing ne thing. And the wr coach is an african american i think it says it in the story theres u ronney or rodner rule lol.
ravieus

United States

#13 Jan 6, 2011
Big Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! However, any winning coach would simply refuse to become a "YES MAN" to JJ. Jones is such a brillant fool that he doesn't realize that J. Garrett was calling the plays that created this mightmare. Oh, I forgot that it is easier to retain a bunch of clueless monkies ("Yes Men") than than deal with professional coaches that have a mind for the game. JJ proved this with Jimmy Johnson's termination; the only winning COWPOKE coach since JJ's ownership.
if you would see the games like i did only two games were the boys blown out, in whivh the offense blew chunks. One was the packers. A lack of d was the problem not offense, 13th in the league isnt great but with a backup qb and a crappy running game i think it wasnt to bad. What the cowboys need is a good defensive cord.
Big Pappy

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 6, 2011
ravieus wrote:
<quoted text>
if you would see the games like i did only two games were the boys blown out, in whivh the offense blew chunks. One was the packers. A lack of d was the problem not offense, 13th in the league isnt great but with a backup qb and a crappy running game i think it wasnt to bad. What the cowboys need is a good defensive cord.
In your dreams. They are washed up. Old,tried, and finished offensive line. Romo is no franchise QB and too much of a Girly Man to play the game. The only shining star was Witten. Without him, there's nothing. No depth in defensive secondary. Goooo Packers!!!!!! The next Super Bowl Champions. Oh, did you see the Vikings and the real "IRON MAN" Frave whoop up on the Cowpokes? Not once but twice. How about the EAGLES, Lions, Redskins, etc. With all due respect Ravieus, please do us a favor and attempt to use proper grammer, spell correctly or use your spellcheck.
Big Pappy

El Paso, TX

#15 Jan 6, 2011
Wade Phillips wrote:
A coaching change doesn't fix the real problem of Jerry Jones constantly meddling in the locker room and making an a-ss of himself.
The players will still laugh at him, take his money, and be content with watching the playoffs and Super Bowl in the comfort of their homes or favorite lounge.
Hey Wade. Heard anything from the Texans yet. Your mother is really pulling for you as she's afraid you'll return to the nest. By the way, rumor has it that a hugh supply of those "Twinkies".
Lone Ranger

El Paso, TX

#16 Jan 6, 2011
I thought they had to hire a purple coach this time, this guy is lilly white.
Bobby

El Paso, TX

#17 Jan 6, 2011
El Gato Malo wrote:
To the writer of this story: The history of "this proud franchise"? What decade are you living in? Jerruh "Rum and Coke" Jones has totally ruined this team and fools like you keep drinking this huckster's kool-aid. The reason they had a good run when he bought the team was because of the Herschel Walker trade and Jimmy Johnson. Ever since then, Skeletor has had an inflated opinion of his GM abilities and even made his ugly plastic surgery mug the face of the Cowboys. Quit sucking up to him!
The ten of most valuable sports franchises 2010 in the world, according to Forbes:

1. Manchester United Football Club, soccer ($1.83 billion)
2. Dallas Cowboys, football ($1.65 billion)
3. New York Yankees, baseball ($1.60 billion)
4. Washington Redskins, football ($1.55 billion)
5. New England Patriots, football ($1.36 billion)
6. Real Madrid Football Club, soccer ($1.32 billion)
7. New York Giants, football ($1.18 billion)
8. Arsenal Football Club, soccer ($1.18 billion)
9. New York Jets, football ($1.17 billion)
10. Houston Texans, football ($1.15 billion)
El Gato Malo

Atlanta, GA

#18 Jan 6, 2011
Bobby, Regardless of their estimated worth, they are no longer a "proud franchise". They quit being an elite team years and years ago. On your list, the Washington Redskins are just two spots down from the Cowboys. Are they a "proud franchise"? They did not come close to making the playoffs and are in utter chaos....... just like your Cowboys.
Socorro Tx Transplant

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Jan 6, 2011
GO COWBOYS!!! Es todo...ATM...C/S
Tony Montana

El Paso, TX

#20 Jan 6, 2011
jew no what a Heizer is main? Iz a pig that don't fly stray..juz like Jerry jones.

Garrett will be a great coach if he has the balls to tell Jerry to keep off the sidelines during the games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pouncey says Hernandez was in 'great spirits' b... 9 min GreatPharts 2
News Los Angeles Rams sign veteran quarterback Dan O... 15 min Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Divers search lake for NFL star's $100,000-plus... 15 min SearchPharts 2
News Green Bay Packers: Dom Capers' last stand 17 min GreenPharts 2
News Packers Fans Excited on First Day of Training C... 18 min ExcitedPharts 2
Bradylust in full gear 3 hr Some Phartce 8
Tony Dungy Needs To Rethink His Life 7 hr RePharts 6
More from around the web