"Diehards" say Packers give them a reason to sing

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: WEAU-TV Eau Claire 37

After suffering from Packer withdrawal, thanks to the bye-week, Packer fans are ready for Sunday, including "diehards" who go by "Elroy & the Diehards." These diehard fans say it's easy to love the Packers, especially when the team gives them a reason to sing.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Nov 14, 2012
Diehards? More like GBPFan
Cheese Rodeo

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Cheese head express...say it isnt so....

Reggie6-3

Oceanside, NY

#3 Nov 14, 2012
LBF- your too much man!!We should put you on comedy central!
WomanCow

Miami, FL

#4 Nov 15, 2012
"Diehards" say fat women and cheese give them a reason to sing.
Catlicker YouTube

United States

#5 Nov 15, 2012
WomanCow wrote:
"Diehards" say fat women and cheese give them a reason to sing.
Sing like Sophia Loren?....
Reggie6-3

West Babylon, NY

#6 Nov 18, 2012
cmon now you all wish you were diehard fans i know pacluv1 wants to be now thats for sure
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Reggie6-3 wrote:
cmon now you all wish you were diehard fans i know pacluv1 wants to be now thats for sure
I feel for ya Reg.

Not what I expected, getting your ass handed to you on national TV
Join the crowd
eric

Marshfield, WI

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Now the most important games coming up
Minn.Det.@ Chi Tenn and @Minn. A loss sucks and wont make any excuses for it,but, division games are most important and if GB was destined to lose 1, last night was the 1 to lose.
Run the table,the division is GB. plain and simple,now they just have to go out there and do it ad prove it and prove they are the best team in the division.We will see how it all pans out in short time.
You show up..Unlike some who disappeared as predicted when CHi was embarrassed by Hous and SF but of course on cue show up when Chicago wins and GB loses to the SB Champs,but keep in mind,GB has Minn and Det back to back and thats 2 wins and that puts GB ( AT MOST) 1 game behind Chi ( assuming Chi beats Seattle and the next game,not sure who they are playing w/o looking at a schedule)a nd GB/CHI at Soldier field basically for the division title.IF GB wins,they are tied and GB has the tie breaker,if Chicago wins,Chi. is 2 up with 2 left and basically wrapped it up unless Chi loses theier last 2,so thats what it will prob. come down to and i love GB chances of beating Chicago once again. assuming again GB beats Minn and Det AND ( thats a big AND ) Chicago has to beat Seattle and who ever after that.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#9 Nov 26, 2012
eric wrote:
Now the most important games coming up
Minn.Det.@ Chi Tenn and @Minn. A loss sucks and wont make any excuses for it,but, division games are most important and if GB was destined to lose 1, last night was the 1 to lose.
Run the table,the division is GB. plain and simple,now they just have to go out there and do it ad prove it and prove they are the best team in the division.We will see how it all pans out in short time.
You show up..Unlike some who disappeared as predicted when CHi was embarrassed by Hous and SF but of course on cue show up when Chicago wins and GB loses to the SB Champs,but keep in mind,GB has Minn and Det back to back and thats 2 wins and that puts GB ( AT MOST) 1 game behind Chi ( assuming Chi beats Seattle and the next game,not sure who they are playing w/o looking at a schedule)a nd GB/CHI at Soldier field basically for the division title.IF GB wins,they are tied and GB has the tie breaker,if Chicago wins,Chi. is 2 up with 2 left and basically wrapped it up unless Chi loses theier last 2,so thats what it will prob. come down to and i love GB chances of beating Chicago once again. assuming again GB beats Minn and Det AND ( thats a big AND ) Chicago has to beat Seattle and who ever after that.
Eric,
see previous threads. I was out of touch last week, didn't even see the San Fran game, then again, i hear it wasn't worth seeing.
Your team needs a running game, and no, Cedric Benson is not the answer. Last night's game has been seen before, like in the playoffs last year. It amazes me the Packers haven't devised a game plan to beat the G-Men, then again, maybe they have and don't have the players to beat their defense. Your lack of a running game can be addressed through a short passing game, screens, swing passes, yet you don't do it. Thats poor coaching
Reggie7-4

West Babylon, NY

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Laughing bear you do have a point there with the screens swing passes etc.. but you are right- for some reason the staff refuses to revert back to that why- i wish we all knew??!!I honestly dont think that would have mattered yesterday- would have made the game closer i think but the giants d just kept breaking thru and knew how to stop anything we tried to do.
TJ Lang and marshall newhouse were so out beaten it was hard to watch.
Put it to you this way- both sides of the ball sucked period!!Manning had plenty of time to do what he wanted to do and thats a big no no!!!
GB has from now till the playoffs where we very well will face them again to think of something to overcome this or else its back to the golf course like last year i hate to say!!
In the beginning of my posts in sept i mentioned about marahall newhouse how i wasnt a big fan of his being not all that- this game shows against a team like the giants he needs work.
Matthews was sorely missed last night - i could compare him not being in the game like REGGIE WHITE
not playing with the pack back in the day!!
He is vital to us!!!!!
Our walking wounded must be ready by playoff time,
the makeshift lines wont cut the mustard!!
GBPmies

Finland

#11 Nov 26, 2012
That was so horrible. They got completely owned by the Giants. The Oline is the most worrisome IMO, I think that is the best Oline we can put together for the rest of the season. I don't know how Jennings or Benson are going to help that... They need to improve and I think they will, but I do not know if it is enough against great Dlines like the Giants. This team should be good and pissed off when the Vikings come to GB.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Diehards? More like GBPFan
Nobody ever complimented my singing before. Thanks.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Nov 26, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
That was so horrible. They got completely owned by the Giants. The Oline is the most worrisome IMO, I think that is the best Oline we can put together for the rest of the season. I don't know how Jennings or Benson are going to help that... They need to improve and I think they will, but I do not know if it is enough against great Dlines like the Giants. This team should be good and pissed off when the Vikings come to GB.
I think the Packers took the week off to celebrate Thanksgiving. Besides, it will be that much more enjoyable whenthe Bears lose the division. The Packers are just toying with those fools. Dangling the division title in front of them only to snatch it at the end of the season and watch all the Bear fans cry!
eric

Marshfield, WI

#14 Nov 26, 2012
I still say the Packers just dont match up with NY very well.
I do agree 100% with you LBF, only problem with you philosophy is,you need time to set up screens nad the NYG de.line just doesnt give AR that much time.For some reason NY is a bad match up.Ive never seen Chi.Minn or Det defensive line ( all very good) give GB nearly as many problems as the Giants def. line gives the Packers which is why i say they just dont matchup well with them. I still EXPECT GB to sweep the division the rest of the way and win the division ( which will happen if GB sweeps the division) UNLESS GB loses to Tenn.and Chicago wins that game there.IF GB stays 1 game behind Chi up until their matchup ( GB has Minn and Det) Chi has Seattle and ???????) and GB wins both div. game,they are 100% at LEAST 1 game behind Chi or better and a win over Chicago ties them up with GB getting the tie breaker.First GB has to beat Minn and DET and i expect GB to win both despite last nights game vs NY.
Reggie7-4

Oceanside, NY

#15 Nov 26, 2012
The blame goes from top to bottom from the coaching staff down to the players.
Cannot just blame the players in this one.
Everyone was at fault- i mean your down a ton of points and your still running the ball???
Yeah rodgers was getting beat up didnt have time to set up and toss but cmon do screens do quick plays go to the 2 te's scheme try that at least, dont run it like they tried to do.
Would have been more of a respectable game not this horrible ending.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#16 Nov 26, 2012
Not that it would have made a whole hell of a lot of difference but punting a squib punt instead of that 55 yard attempt from Crosby may have caused something good to happen.He missed NY got the ball at their own 45 and a short field for a TD.I was almost screaming at the TV,Punt the damn ball and kill it inside NY 10 and pin them deep,but, They gave Mason a chance to beat the slump,i just wish they tried that late in the game when the game was over where it didnt hurt anyone,but,oh well.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#17 Nov 26, 2012
If green bay makes the playoffs, they are more than likely going to face the niners or g-men....two of the best d lines in football and green bay stands no chance. This o-line will be where green bay fails again just like last year. I say let Jennings go at the end of this year and replace him with a legit LT. The loss of cliffy is bigger than i had imagined. Newhouse is a joke. Bulaga hasnt really shown much progress either.
Reggie7-4

Westbury, NY

#18 Nov 26, 2012
jeremy i agree with you on newhouse he just isnt good enough.Id dump finley and jennings to get more beef on the o line.We can play all the minn chi and detroit teams all we want but when it matters most the playoffs when teams like the giants for example step it up you have to get more protection up front.I never had a good feeling for newhouse and i still dont.
As much as i love jennings i rather trade him along with mr butterfingers attitude finley to shore up the o line.
Reggie7-4

West Babylon, NY

#19 Nov 26, 2012
Jeremy i'd hate like hell to lose jennings hes be good to GB over the years but i am afraid the injury bug might be a bit much plus the climate in gb doesnt help with his ailments either so take him and finley make it a two for one sale since the value of jennings would be down and go that route.I am sure GB can drum up a replacement WR that is decent plus we have decent tight ends to make up the loss of finley so a two for one trade in the offseason might be the way to go.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#20 Nov 27, 2012
They can either draft a LT by trading up in the draft,OR, its moot if Sherrod heals ( thats a huge if though)They also drafted the kid from FLorida State Andrew Datko,who has the size,arm length to make a real nice RT,So really ( if they wanted to go that way) Datko ( if he puts on some muscle before next season)can play RT,Sherrod ( assuming he heals back to 100% a huge if!) can start at LT and either Newhouse or Bulaga can back up ( unless they can land another Tackle vet FA who can play both positions)Our LT is on the roster now,he just is injured IMHO.I do agree 100% Jennings should be left to go unless he really lowers his contract demands ( hes 30 and hasnt played a complete season in 3 years).Finley Def can go!Thats a 15-18M in cap space right there.
Guys,you are panicing abit here.NYG are just a bad matchup,we lost to SF granted,but, it was game 1,im sure the oline will be better come playoff time then in game 1.Our problem right now is,1 Lang and EDS have been at their respective positions for less then 2 games,( think of it this way) MINN,CHI and DET ALl have terrific front 4 and have any of them ever gave GB that much trouble as the NYG have the past few seasons? Hell no! IT needs to be fixed,but,im more worried about a running game and that can be improved by playoff time a little bit after Evan and TJ have a few more games under their belts.If we have to face NY in the playoffs,it could be trouble,but,We have beaten ATL in the playoffs,SF is beatable as well.Lets not panic here,just go out there and play some football.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL notebook: League to research goal-line came... 14 min trent difler 5
News Patriots' AFC East rivals make biggest moves, a... 4 hr Team Mensa 6
News Oakland Raiders: Should they pursue Trent Richa... 6 hr Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Raiders sign running back Trent Richardson 6 hr Laughing Bear Fan 5
News Rob Gronkowski Was On Stage Twerking At Ultra B... 8 hr Ultra Freakfest 4
Abe Addison's Cleveland Browns Deal Revealed To... (Apr '14) 8 hr Hatters gonna hatte 22
News 2012 NFL Free Agency: Cleveland Browns Join the... (Mar '12) 8 hr Hatters gonna hatte 158
More from around the web