Atheist Group Believes Tebow 'Full Of...

Atheist Group Believes Tebow 'Full Of Crap' With Public Display Of Christianity

There are 54 comments on the CBS Local story from Jan 10, 2012, titled Atheist Group Believes Tebow 'Full Of Crap' With Public Display Of Christianity. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos celebrates after running the ball in the end zone for a touchdown in the second quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the AFC Wild Card Playoff game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bionicman

Mount Dora, FL

#1 Jan 11, 2012
Maybe the Atheist group is full of crap.....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#2 Jan 11, 2012
To all the MORON TEBLOW defenders out there...Teblow has faith. Here is the definition of faith:
belief that is not based on proof
You are all frauds

“I'm a racist's worst nightmare”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 11, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
To all the MORON TEBLOW defenders out there...Teblow has faith. Here is the definition of faith:
belief that is not based on proof
You are all frauds
Says a Chicago fan whose team ain't shit
The Poop

Houston, TX

#4 Jan 11, 2012
I dropped a log....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#5 Jan 11, 2012
What is Tebowing?
Doing it doggy-style? with the neighbors dog?
700 Log Club

Houston, TX

#6 Jan 11, 2012
It appeared to be slanted over...in the appearance of being on one knee with hand on forehead...if you counted the corn as fingers on a hand....
Jusayin

Tulsa, OK

#7 Jan 11, 2012
Hey, FACT IS FACT. The Atheists are correct.

Christians CANNOT deny that God and Jesus separately have said the bible and it's writings have no room for interpretation. When you don't follow the scripture as God and Jesus intended but still try and say you're a believer what does that make you? By God's, Jesus' and the bible's standards it makes you a hypocrite and a false prophet which God says be on the look-out for as there are many who will deceive the weak.

That being said, Tebow is guilty of going directly against several verses in the bible all without a care so that undeniably and unequivocally makes Tebow a hypocrite.

Look, it's your bible and your God and His son/himself or whatever. Facts are being laid out literally in chapter and verse form. Give Tebow a pass and you yourself turn away from God for not upholding His words or hold Tebow accountable like a TRUE BELIEVER would. It's called taking the path less traveled which I hardly see anyone do in modern day society even a religious person.
A Believer

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 11, 2012
Jesus said the world would hate Him because He teaches the truth this world does not want to hear. He also tells all His followers who believe in Him (Jesus as the Son of God), that the world would hate them (Me) as well. Thus God's word proves His point. The world hates anything that is Holy and Righteous. There is another diffrence, some are trying to live a better life for God, most others just for themselves.

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

#9 Jan 11, 2012
Jusayin wrote:
Christians CANNOT deny that God and Jesus separately have said the bible and it's writings have no room for interpretation. When you don't follow the scripture as God and Jesus intended but still try and say you're a believer what does that make you? By God's, Jesus' and the bible's standards it makes you a hypocrite and a false prophet which God says be on the look-out for as there are many who will deceive the weak.
That being said, Tebow is guilty of going directly against several verses in the bible all without a care so that undeniably and unequivocally makes Tebow a hypocrite.
Look, it's your bible and your God and His son/himself or whatever. Facts are being laid out literally in chapter and verse form. Give Tebow a pass and you yourself turn away from God for not upholding His words or hold Tebow accountable like a TRUE BELIEVER would. It's called taking the path less traveled which I hardly see anyone do in modern day society even a religious person.
"that the bible has no room for interpretation"?????
How clueless are you?
Tell that to Martin Luther!
Tell that to Calvin!
Tell that to Billy Graham.
I have no love for Tebow - yet, I have a lot of respect for him in the way he sticks to what he believes in.
The problem with those in the US that have lost their faith have also lost their focus and quit at everything that doesn't go their way.
We have become a nation of "entitlement" babies.
Where's mine?
Take from someone who has it and give it to me...
Instead of personal responsibility and accountability like TEBOW!

Hyannis, Mass

#10 Jan 11, 2012
Jusayin wrote:
Where does God and Jesus say there is no room for interpretation?
What is Tebow guilty of?
What verses in the bible is he going against?
What FACTS are you refering.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#11 Jan 11, 2012
WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
"that the bible has no room for interpretation"?????
How clueless are you?
Tell that to Martin Luther!
Tell that to Calvin!
Tell that to Billy Graham.
I have no love for Tebow - yet, I have a lot of respect for him in the way he sticks to what he believes in.
The problem with those in the US that have lost their faith have also lost their focus and quit at everything that doesn't go their way.
We have become a nation of "entitlement" babies.
Where's mine?
Take from someone who has it and give it to me...
Instead of personal responsibility and accountability like TEBOW!
So you're trying to say Christians can take what they want and interpret how they want(especially if it suits themselves personally) from the scripture that's supposed to be unchanged and followed in it's exact words from God? And you can sit there and call me clueless? Wow...

Millions of people have felt the same way about the people you mentioned and have spoke out and tried to hold them accountable. That's why they lost faith because these so-called prophets(more like self proclaimed) turned out to be hypocrites.

I can't speak for anyone else but myself and I have earned my way in this life. I've worked from age 9 pushing my lawnmower from house to house and washing cars in between and made $100 a week back in 1984. Bought my own mower and weed eater and work clothes before the age of 10. Since then, I've started and run 2 successful family owned and operated businesses and maintain 1 of them to this day. So I am doing MY PART.

Speaking of accountability. For me personally, I was raised Catholic from birth to age 26 and attended Catholic school too. I was even an alter boy during mass and at school I would lead prayer service and read the bible to the school daily. So I kinda know what I'm talking about.

To the point, for me one never can hold himself accountable if one is constantly giving the victory to God and blaming the Devil when you or the situation goes off course. It's a cop-out. Me being a non-believer now has put me in the minority but, it's made me more sympathetic of others feelings and I only have myself to blame so it's made me take accountability and that's what the majority of non-believers feel too. The false security bailout blanket is removed and they find themselves being a better person because of it.
The Word

Houston, TX

#12 Jan 11, 2012
All bible study aside...Tebow is one inconsistant clown...I dont hink his pray is helping anything...

60 yards one week...300 the next...I dont get all of the overhype...comes up big...looks like Ryan Leaf the next week...

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#13 Jan 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Where does God and Jesus say there is no room for interpretation?
What is Tebow guilty of?
What verses in the bible is he going against?
What FACTS are you refering.
Some knowledge and/or facts from your bible that Tebow DOES NOT FOLLOW: Matthew 6:5-15 quotes Christ's actual words and reads as follows:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

-Tebow does the exact opposite.

In Mark 10:21, Jesus states that the only way a rich person can enter heaven is to sell all his assets and give the money to the poor. And in Matthew 19:24, Jesus says that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." In Matthew 6:24, Jesus says, "You cannot serve both God and money."

-Tebow doesn't heed the call there either.

Corinthians 6:19 Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

-Tebow risks his health, mind and body every time he takes the field and reports to work and surrounds himself with like sinners.

The forth commandment states: "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.(Ex 20:8-11)"

-Last I checked Tebow works on Sundays.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary offers the following definition for hypocrite: "a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings."

I've listed 4 big ones and I'm sure I can devote more time and come up with several more. I'm sure you wont be satisfied and you'll find ways to make excuses for Tebow and/or say what's been quoted was taken out of context. No accountability is your bottom line though.

Hyannis, Mass

#14 Jan 12, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're trying to say Christians can take what they want and interpret how they want(especially if it suits themselves personally) from the scripture that's supposed to be unchanged and followed in it's exact words from God? And you can sit there and call me clueless? Wow...
Millions of people have felt the same way about the people you mentioned and have spoke out and tried to hold them accountable. That's why they lost faith because these so-called prophets(more like self proclaimed) turned out to be hypocrites.
I can't speak for anyone else but myself and I have earned my way in this life. I've worked from age 9 pushing my lawnmower from house to house and washing cars in between and made $100 a week back in 1984. Bought my own mower and weed eater and work clothes before the age of 10. Since then, I've started and run 2 successful family owned and operated businesses and maintain 1 of them to this day. So I am doing MY PART.
Speaking of accountability. For me personally, I was raised Catholic from birth to age 26 and attended Catholic school too. I was even an alter boy during mass and at school I would lead prayer service and read the bible to the school daily. So I kinda know what I'm talking about.
To the point, for me one never can hold himself accountable if one is constantly giving the victory to God and blaming the Devil when you or the situation goes off course. It's a cop-out. Me being a non-believer now has put me in the minority but, it's made me more sympathetic of others feelings and I only have myself to blame so it's made me take accountability and that's what the majority of non-believers feel too. The false security bailout blanket is removed and they find themselves being a better person because of it.
Don't try to put words in my mouth...
You have a very biased and slanted way of interpreting the bible verses. The study of the bibile verses has been going on for milennia and there is always room for EDUCATED discussion on the finer points. To paint the picture with a 4" brush like you do is just inappropriate and dumb. Just because you "attended" church, does not mean you have an understanding of chritianity.

Hyannis, Mass

#15 Jan 12, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Some knowledge and/or facts from your bible that Tebow DOES NOT FOLLOW: Matthew 6:5-15 quotes Christ's actual words and reads as follows:
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
In Mark 10:21, Jesus states that the only way a rich person can enter heaven is to sell all his assets and give the money to the poor. And in Matthew 19:24, Jesus says that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." In Matthew 6:24, Jesus says, "You cannot serve both God and money."
Corinthians 6:19 Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
-Tebow risks his health, mind and body every time he takes the field and reports to work and surrounds himself with like sinners.
The forth commandment states: "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.(Ex 20:8-11)"
The Merriam-Webster dictionary offers the following definition for hypocrite: "a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings."
I've listed 4 big ones and I'm sure I can devote more time and come up with several more. I'm sure you wont be satisfied and you'll find ways to make excuses for Tebow and/or say what's been quoted was taken out of context. No accountability is your bottom line though.
Of course you took the quotes out of context!
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#16 Jan 12, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
well said. i always thought his praying schtick was a bit of grandstanding.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#17 Jan 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Of course you took the quotes out of context!
How do you say where your ISP is located? HighAnus? as in how you say hello in the bath house to your boyfriend?

Hyannis, Mass

#18 Jan 12, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>How do you say where your ISP is located? HighAnus? as in how you say hello in the bath house to your boyfriend?
As I said on the other thread...
People that feel inferior make up silly names for those they think are superior.
Your kind of commentary just makes me laugh at you.

“I'm a racist's worst nightmare”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#19 Jan 12, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know Tebow doesn't go to a shelter and donate? Oh, and, God uses people, even in sports, even if they play on Sundays. He is not a hypocrite, you are just jealous because he is succeeding and giving his praise to God for it too. Oh, did you know jealousy is a deadly sin?
Mountain Goats

Houston, TX

#20 Jan 12, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>How do you say where your ISP is located? HighAnus? as in how you say hello in the bath house to your boyfriend?
HighAnus...lmao...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help keep this lame thread alive. 1 hr Need Phart 38
I like to get a rise out of People posting Brad... 1 hr Time Phart 38
Goodell Proof Positive America Is Going To Hell... 1 hr The Phart 2
News Group of Cleveland Browns' players take knee du... 1 hr Show pharts 2
Media hates Brady and Bradylust, Got Wood 14 hr SayPhartz 15
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 14 hr WhatsPhartz 203
I have woodlust for Belichick, Brady 18 hr Daily phartss 5
More from around the web