NBC Cites 'Global Warming' As Possible Cause of Colorado Wildfires

Jul 6, 2012 Full story: NewsBusters.org 6

Now that Colorado is enduring one of the worst wildfires in its history, liberals are pointing to man-made global warming as the culprit.

Read more
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#1 Jul 6, 2012
From the NewsBusters:
Thompson continued the liberal global warming line and tied it to Colorado wildfires, using sources who support her position and failing to bring on any skeptics who challenge the myth that Colorado wildfires are related to "global warming."
//////////
We don't have to worry. NewsBusters continues the conservative 'burn it down' global warming denial line.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 6, 2012
Doesken also noted that spring of 2012 looked much like the spring of 1910, when warm temperatures hit early and that year was a bad year for fires.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/20...

How much like 1910?? Ugh.. 1910 was a bad year but we did not know it as well as we do 2012. Still it was a year experiencing AGW.
LoL at PAGAN HICKS

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 6, 2012
WHY DIDN'T THE PEOPLE IN YOUR CHURCH REALIZE Drs MANN, JONES, BRIFFA's *FAKE MATH* was FAKE?

WHY didn't Y.O.U.* PERSONALLY* REALIZE THAT A TREE CAN NOT BE A HEAT SENSOR, NO MATTER WHAT?

B.E.C.A.U.S.E. YOU ARE A FUNCTIONAL ILLITERATE.
Fun Facts

Irving, TX

#4 Jul 7, 2012
Drought will have an impact on fires. But drought is not new. It has happened before and will happen. High temps have happened before andwill happen again.

I live in an area that experiences fires. A drive thru the forests with a local and they can point out different areas and tell you of the time period of this areas last fire. You can see the difference in how the forest recovers from the fires over time..

The recent fire is a study in fire mgmt. The fire burned on the same mountain top with both federally managed lands nd an Indian reservation. The fire did burn federal lnds. Did not burn on the reservation. Different forest management. We see this difference every year when the fires start. Our environmentalist should learn fr the Apaches.
muttkat

Cedar Hill, TX

#5 Jul 7, 2012
I don't live in Colorado but I was interested in a few things. Did the Waldo canyon area have fire hydrants? I read a comment from a reader who stated Woodland or Highland Park suffered 20 small fires preceding the week before the Waldo Canyon fire..... arsonist. Where is __ Park? Also firemen check out a fire call the night before and they couldn't find anything and then when the fire got out of control the next day the fireman stated the fire was at the same place where they had checked the night before that wasn't burning then. Another reader stated ____ Park reported the fire at 5:54 and the 1st plane didn't fly over till 9:30 am. Just reminds me of 911, the scrambler jets got up in the air after the fact. The commenter also stated no arsonist is going to hike 3 miles to start fires cause nobody camps there. Of course that is hearsay. If the person who did the Waldo fires did the other 20 fires thats what I would call Motivation. Do the environmentalists demand that residents not cut down their underbrush like they demand residents in Santa Cruz California? What I'm getting to is maybe this fire was some kind of Eco-terrorism. There is a UN, federal agenda called Agenda 21 which is a land grab of private property and they state there needs to be buffer zones around national parks and I believe Waldo Canyon is near a national park??? If you go to the freedom advocates site you will see many of the environmentalists impose on residents, for example not paving county roads even though these people pay taxes for that. I also found a site called US Wildfires Map which shows many fires by national parks but I haven't researched all the many wildfires that are burning. I don't trust our govt for ___ and it wouldn't surprise me.....Reading the commenters statements just got me to thinking. One more thing when I lived in LA there was a fire on a Carbon Canyon road (around 1990)and come to find out there was a big scandal about firemen being ordered not to put out the fires in certain areas because some real estate developers wanted to build some high dollar homes and the various RV & trailer parks were in the way. I'm not saying that happened here at all by the firemen. There just were some corrupt firemen in that LA scandal. I moved out of California so I don't know what the outcome was.
muttkat

Cedar Hill, TX

#6 Jul 8, 2012
Ok i just found out about Controlled Wildfires or Burns that are done by national park employees. Is there a national park nearby and could it be possible that there was a controlled burn that got out of hand and burned down all those houses being it was said that the fire originated off of some hiking trail 3 miles in (I assume a park)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildfire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prime Minister Tony Abbott urged to address WA ... Mar 12 Stiffy 1
News Homes destroyed as Australia battles bushfire Feb 28 St Nick 3
News Swing Bridge saga appears to be headed to court... Feb '15 Medewiwin 2
News Netflix brings its streaming video service to Cuba Feb '15 Del 1
News Slovak vote on gay rights curbs not binding due... Feb '15 lgbt is silly 1
News Victoria to reduce speed limit to 40 km/h on co... Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News ENMU-Ruidoso rolls out Wildland Fire Science pr... Feb '15 resident 3
More from around the web