1st experience at clothing optional area (nonsexual)

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Melinda_W

United States

#1 May 6, 2012
one of the first truly nice warm days of the coming summer, and my BF took me to a state park with recognized clothing optional area on a river beach, had never done such a thing before and was kind of nervous but when we got out on the sand and saw all the other couples and families and singles lounging and visiting and playing without clothes it all seem just so natural and right, I didn't hesitate except for just a moment when he started to undress and so did I then. I can say I have never in my life met such a group of friendly, genuine, outgoing and nice people in my life! The family we had settled near (married couple with three kids) with our blanket and lounge chairs greeted us and made us feel welcome, they could tell we were first timers I guess. Don't get me wrong everybody respected your privacy and "space" but no one was standoffish or rude or gawking or lewd or anything. I can't wait for the rest of summer!

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 May 6, 2012
Melinda_W wrote:
one of the first truly nice warm days of the coming summer, and my BF took me to a state park with recognized clothing optional area on a river beach, had never done such a thing before and was kind of nervous but when we got out on the sand and saw all the other couples and families and singles lounging and visiting and playing without clothes it all seem just so natural and right, I didn't hesitate except for just a moment when he started to undress and so did I then. I can say I have never in my life met such a group of friendly, genuine, outgoing and nice people in my life! The family we had settled near (married couple with three kids) with our blanket and lounge chairs greeted us and made us feel welcome, they could tell we were first timers I guess. Don't get me wrong everybody respected your privacy and "space" but no one was standoffish or rude or gawking or lewd or anything. I can't wait for the rest of summer!
No way should children be there. Otherwise with adults fine if that is what they enjoy. But it was wrong in my opinion to be exposing children in that environment.
Darren31

United States

#3 May 6, 2012
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
No way should children be there. Otherwise with adults fine if that is what they enjoy. But it was wrong in my opinion to be exposing children in that environment.
wow, sounds like you're one of those people who think nudity is a moral issue on wrong somehow. If God wanted us all to go around naked in front of each other we be born that way! It's a very normal and natural thing, and is not a sexualized environment in the least.you should try it sometime.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 May 7, 2012
Darren31 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, sounds like you're one of those people who think nudity is a moral issue on wrong somehow. If God wanted us all to go around naked in front of each other we be born that way! It's a very normal and natural thing, and is not a sexualized environment in the least.you should try it sometime.
Hi Darren31, unfortunately we don't live in a world that there are no predators so how can you be sure there wouldn't be one there. I have no problems with adults doing this I just feel it isn't safe for children. just my opinion.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#5 May 7, 2012
not to mention when it is snowing and blowing where is the natural there????????

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

is child's play :)

#6 May 7, 2012
tallyho wrote:
not to mention when it is snowing and blowing where is the natural there????????
Well certainly you might see less of it... lol

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#7 May 7, 2012
Melinda_W wrote:
one of the first truly nice warm days of the coming summer, and my BF took me to a state park with recognized clothing optional area on a river beach, had never done such a thing before and was kind of nervous but when we got out on the sand and saw all the other couples and families and singles lounging and visiting and playing without clothes it all seem just so natural and right, I didn't hesitate except for just a moment when he started to undress and so did I then. I can say I have never in my life met such a group of friendly, genuine, outgoing and nice people in my life! The family we had settled near (married couple with three kids) with our blanket and lounge chairs greeted us and made us feel welcome, they could tell we were first timers I guess. Don't get me wrong everybody respected your privacy and "space" but no one was standoffish or rude or gawking or lewd or anything. I can't wait for the rest of summer!
when ur on a nude beach, most of these people are already use to seeing other nudes, so really it isnt a big deal.
i would imagine that u feel really liberated but im not a liberal, esp at this age.
lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#8 May 7, 2012
truth is you can altar and press a fine set of clothes but you can't a birthday suit

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

is child's play :)

#9 May 7, 2012
tallyho wrote:
truth is you can altar and press a fine set of clothes but you can't a birthday suit
Oh I dare say, you have made a few plastic surgeons mouths just drop to the floor... oh wait, maybe that was their whole body, yep, I think they just fainted. Tally you gone and done it now. lol
Mott The Hoople

Medford, NY

#10 May 7, 2012
I like to wear clothes at "clothing optional" places and just watch the pretty women.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#11 May 7, 2012
Melinda_W wrote:
one of the first truly nice warm days of the coming summer, and my BF took me to a state park with recognized clothing optional area on a river beach, had never done such a thing before and was kind of nervous but when we got out on the sand and saw all the other couples and families and singles lounging and visiting and playing without clothes it all seem just so natural and right, I didn't hesitate except for just a moment when he started to undress and so did I then. I can say I have never in my life met such a group of friendly, genuine, outgoing and nice people in my life! The family we had settled near (married couple with three kids) with our blanket and lounge chairs greeted us and made us feel welcome, they could tell we were first timers I guess. Don't get me wrong everybody respected your privacy and "space" but no one was standoffish or rude or gawking or lewd or anything. I can't wait for the rest of summer!
Nudity is not the problem, stupid people can be the problem.

Good for you for enjoying the day and not allowing hangups to get in the way. I used to do the same thing on the Mad River, north of Arcata California.
Twiggy

Medford, NY

#12 May 7, 2012
Dave?

Is that you?
Jenji_19

United States

#13 May 7, 2012
I agree, spending time in naturist surroundings is the best! And you are also right, you will not meet any nicer group of people. I have never met a jerk or a rude person in the nudism culture. of course it is much more popular and mainstream in Europe, they are much more advanced in their thinking that way then we tend to be here in the US. But it's great family time, and clothing free travel and resorts is now the largest growing segment of the travel industry. The biggest advance is in cruising and destination resorts catering to us. I really do feel sorry for the people that are so inhibited and narrowminded that they won't give it a try and see what we're all about.
Harley Homey

Medford, NY

#14 May 8, 2012
Jenji_19 wrote:
I agree, spending time in naturist surroundings is the best! And you are also right, you will not meet any nicer group of people. I have never met a jerk or a rude person in the nudism culture. of course it is much more popular and mainstream in Europe, they are much more advanced in their thinking that way then we tend to be here in the US. But it's great family time, and clothing free travel and resorts is now the largest growing segment of the travel industry. The biggest advance is in cruising and destination resorts catering to us. I really do feel sorry for the people that are so inhibited and narrowminded that they won't give it a try and see what we're all about.
Well maybe it's good for you..... I don't want to walk around naked and have people pointing at me and laughing.

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

is child's play :)

#15 May 8, 2012
Harley Homey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe it's good for you..... I don't want to walk around naked and have people pointing at me and laughing.
I know a couple who go to places like this regularly. They invited me once and although I did some modeling in my younger days my time in the military provided me with some pretty ugly scares on my body due to surgery that saved my life after being injured severely while serving. I know what it is like to be judged from modeling and I just didn't feel like being judged again because of my scars, nor did I feel like explaining them over and over again.

The couple assured me that it just isn't like that, in fact they told me that anyone who acts like a jerk is quickly quieted by all the others and if they continue they are promptly removed from the facility rather it be an open or closed location. They went on to tell me that they have been attending such sites for the past 13 years ( this was about a year and a half ago) and not once have they seen anything that would make them not wish to go again. They said it is much more relaxing and social than any other vacation they have ever taken.

I never went and don't suppose I ever will but I do believe my friends. I know them well and I know they don't tolerate nonsense of any sort. I know they would not continue going if there were rude or obnoxious people to deal with.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#16 May 8, 2012
Hey, thought this was a SEX thread...?
Recar Xer

Lithia Springs, GA

#17 May 8, 2012
Nobody can clear out a nude beach faster than me! Not even Harley Homey!

“Stupidity Leak”

Level 5

Since: Sep 11

Woodsboro

#18 May 8, 2012
Surprise, didn't know it existed, we were taking a walk from Robert Moses beach and there it was.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#19 May 8, 2012
A buddy of mine and I went scuba diving at what turned out to be a nude beach in west Germany. The Polizei came out in a couple of little motor boats and were waiting for us to surface.

We weren't doing anything weird (honest) but we were asked to leave nonetheless.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21 May 8, 2012
Dr_Dirty wrote:
A buddy of mine and I went scuba diving at what turned out to be a nude beach in west Germany. The Polizei came out in a couple of little motor boats and were waiting for us to surface.
We weren't doing anything weird (honest) but we were asked to leave nonetheless.
worried about cameras... I'm sure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min deutscher Nationa... 131,935
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min Bro 25,529
Man murders wife, shows parents her body on webcam (Apr '11) 21 min Rust 80
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 26 min Sam 24
Is it possible to....... 33 min -CatCiao- 537
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 45 min mr goodwrench 112
Wicked Willie 46 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 70
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Rose of Tralee 152,399
More from around the web