Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#90 May 4, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed one (or more models) came out with water cooling recently. The norms in my area are 95-110 in the summer. I've heard lots of people complain about overheating. It may be an older model thing too. That's interesting about the cylinder going dead to stay cool.
Yes, I think they went with liquid cooedl in the newer V-Rod's.

They came out with the cylinder deactivation last year with the 103 cc engines.
Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#91 May 4, 2013
And btw.

The jokes aren't far from the truth. That's what makes them funny. They may have ironed out the bugs but they have had their problems.
Level 4

Location hidden

#93 May 4, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
<quoted text>
So does the Harley get us where we want to go as well. As for handling anything can handle well, if the driver knows what they are doing. That goes for cars as well.
As for weight, I guess you ride what you can handle. LOL!
Gold Wing? That's a bike?
You missed the point about the weight. It gives it the ability to handle better than your cruiser. That's what it was built for.. racing, cornering, etc.

Honda Gold Wing.

http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/2013-honda-go...

“Have mercy”

Level 3

On a liar's soul

#95 May 4, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point about the weight. It gives it the ability to handle better than your cruiser. That's what it was built for.. racing, cornering, etc.
Honda Gold Wing.
http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/2013-honda-go...
She doesn't own a cruiser ... she's attached herself to a boyfriend who has money and owns bikes.
She's blowing smoke like she always does .... phffft! She doesn't know anything about them.
Level 4

Location hidden

#97 May 4, 2013
Bad Bex wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't own a cruiser ... she's attached herself to a boyfriend who has money and owns bikes.
She's blowing smoke like she always does .... phffft! She doesn't know anything about them.
Thanks..It's obvious...lol

“Have mercy”

Level 3

On a liar's soul

#98 May 4, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks..It's obvious...lol
ROFLMAO!

“Have mercy”

Level 3

On a liar's soul

#99 May 4, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
That's because I got what it takes...lol! Eat your black heart out...
Oh and little do you know.
I know plenty,.... people buy you coffee because you ride a Harley, what a pack of BS. Don't know what a Goldwing is, ha ha ha!
You've been harping about a Harley for years on here and the first time you get to ride one belonging to someone who has earned one.
We know how YOU got there, lol "Knees in the wind, feet in the air". Have a fun day putz.

“Have mercy”

Level 3

On a liar's soul

#100 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like seeing older bikes like that on the road. It's always a good conversation piece.
Most people don't recognize it. My husband has done a lot of home made custom work to it. He bought it for 300 buck about 7 years ago, it's a cool little bike. All black with a skull theme, lol. He loves his toy.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#101 May 4, 2013
Bad Bex wrote:
<quoted text>She doesn't own a cruiser ... she's attached herself to a boyfriend who has money and owns bikes.
Hence , that's why it's called the "Harley joke thread ".

Level 8

Location hidden

#102 May 4, 2013
Bad Bex wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't recognize it. My husband has done a lot of home made custom work to it. He bought it for 300 buck about 7 years ago, it's a cool little bike. All black with a skull theme, lol. He loves his toy.
Sounds like a good deal. Mine is black too and blacked out (I don't like chrome ... much prefer black ... like my soul J/K)

I like the skull theme too. I have skulls on my levers and a skull on my derby cover that is on the gear casing:

http://www.thehouseofharley.com/product-p/255...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#103 May 4, 2013
I ride a stolen Huffy

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#104 May 4, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
And btw.
The jokes aren't far from the truth. That's what makes them funny. They may have ironed out the bugs but they have had their problems.
I had a 79' Shovelhead and you couldnt drive 5 miles without some sort of bolt or nut coming loose...I was always afraid the wheels were going to fall off driving down the freeway...lol...Unfortunately I ran my FZR into the underside of an 18 wheeler when I was 19 and luckily the only injury I had was my knee but for some reason I wasnt going as fast as I usually did on that bike. Completely totaled the bike and if you had saw it you would think I was dead. I used the money I got from the accident for a knee operation to buy a Harley and slow down...I think my shovelhead topped out at about 85 on a good day...lol...my favorite joke was the gas and noise for no horsepower...I seriously laughed out loud.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#105 May 4, 2013
Mostly I ride the First Transpennine Express

Level 8

Location hidden

#106 May 4, 2013
...and even though I had the bike completely rebuilt I left a giant puddle of oil everywhere I went...lol
Wizard o Duh

Nitro, WV

#107 May 4, 2013
DaveMC wrote:
...and even though I had the bike completely rebuilt I left a giant puddle of oil everywhere I went...lol
'

Hey Dave... You know, I never saw FRED FLINSTONE or BARNEy on a motorcycle come to think of it.. Have you??? hehehe..
'
'
Good to see you again my friend.. 8)
'
'
dh

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#108 May 4, 2013
Q ~ What's the difference between a Harley and A Bikers Old Lady???

A ~ You can push a Harley and not have to worry about being stabbed, shot or arrested...
;o)
@}-'--,---

Level 8

Location hidden

#109 May 4, 2013
DaveMC wrote:
The bike is from the era where they developed a very poor reputation for quality.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#112 May 4, 2013
Burgess Meredith wrote:
<quoted text>I hope your wish comes true!
Wasn't a wish. I don't blame you though, I blame the Illinois school system.
Level 4

Location hidden

#113 May 4, 2013
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>I had a 79' Shovelhead and you couldnt drive 5 miles without some sort of bolt or nut coming loose...I was always afraid the wheels were going to fall off driving down the freeway...lol...Unfortunately I ran my FZR into the underside of an 18 wheeler when I was 19 and luckily the only injury I had was my knee but for some reason I wasnt going as fast as I usually did on that bike. Completely totaled the bike and if you had saw it you would think I was dead. I used the money I got from the accident for a knee operation to buy a Harley and slow down...I think my shovelhead topped out at about 85 on a good day...lol...my favorite joke was the gas and noise for no horsepower...I seriously laughed out loud.
Lol..good story. My mail carrier spent all winter on a Harley he got from his dad. He painted it put a new seat on it. Rebuilt the motor. He brought it over for me to see. He left a puddle of oil on my driveway..too.

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. That was one of my favorites too.

My Busa will do 85 in first gear. It's stupid fast. I wrecked my last one. Broke my ankle and some ribs. That slowed me down a bit.

Level 8

Location hidden

#114 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bike is from the era where they developed a very poor reputation for quality.
I came really close to buying a V-rod about 4 years ago in Seattle and only because the price was amazing. It had been sitting on their showroom floor for 2 years, never owned, and they were asking $13K for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
30,000 post wins (May '13) 5 min 75 Scorpio 2,055
Fergson Police Dept. 8 min Go Blue Forever 455
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Jennifer Renee 6,771
Hey! Is DILF Back Yet? (Jul '10) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 174
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min TurkanaBoy 127,963
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,061
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 26,452
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 27 min Hoosier Hillbilly 341
Man attaches lamb chop to balloon, sends it int... 51 min Parden Pard 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 53 min Naturally Wired 151,173
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr DILF 19
California Burger King employee finds $100,000 2 hr DILF 3

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE