The Harley Joke Club
Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#68 May 3, 2013
Q: What do you call a Harley that doesn't leak oil?

A: Empty!
Level 4

Location hidden

#69 May 3, 2013
Q: What do you call ten Harley owners lined up ear to ear?

A: Wind tunnel.
Level 4

Location hidden

#70 May 3, 2013
Q: What do you get when you have 32 Harley owners in the same room?

A: A full set of teeth.
Level 4

Location hidden

#71 May 3, 2013
Q: What do you have when you put 10,000 Harley Davidson motorcycles on the bottom of the ocean?

A: A good start.
Wizard of Kaaz

Milton, WV

#72 May 4, 2013
Big Time wrote:
googled it,..
Did you know 95% of all Harleys are still on the road?
The other 5% actually made it home.
The Black carpet in showroom is only one I knew,..
''
How do you tell a happy HARLEY rider?
'
By the bugs in his teeth........
'
dh....(hey BT.. Long time so see) 8)

Wizard of Kaaz

Milton, WV

#73 May 4, 2013
What do you call the fat woman who rides on the back of a Harley??

'
'
An Air Bag..........
'

dh-Teretta
Wizard of Kaaz

Milton, WV

#74 May 4, 2013
Why do they even have Harley Jokes?
'
'
So Suzuki, YAmaha, and Honda owners will have something to finally have some fun..........hehe
'
'
dh...6151

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#75 May 4, 2013
Wizard of Kaaz wrote:
<quoted text>
''
How do you tell a happy HARLEY rider?
'
By the bugs in his teeth........
'
dh....(hey BT.. Long time so see) 8)

You mean Tooth in Bama,

Roll Tide,...

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#76 May 4, 2013
Wizard of Kaaz wrote:
Why do they even have Harley Jokes?
'
'
So Suzuki, YAmaha, and Honda owners will have something to finally have some fun..........hehe
'
'
dh...6151

I thought it wasn't about the evolution or pancake at first,

5,000 rpm makes 400 foot-pounds of torque,

Level 4

Location hidden

#77 May 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
The fastest motorcycle in the 1/4 mile in the world is a Harley-Davidson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aiISJw8Y_wcXX
Wrong..in NZ yes..no in the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#78 May 4, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all supposed to be governed to no more than 185 now...
I have a 2009..
Gixxer is a name for any GSXR model. My first Gixxer was a 750. The 1300 is now a 1340. They are trying to keep up with the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14...which is actually THE fastest production street bike
I think his was an 09 or an 10 ... it was white? He took his to the dealer and they removed the governor for him.

My other boy traded in his Ninja (not sure what CC it was and it was a few years old) last fall for a Road King.

Level 8

Location hidden

#79 May 4, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not paying attention...lol
Only in your mind is Harley the best. They are just an American made high priced piece of metal. They have zero engineering. If they did they would be water cooled. With the engine displacement they would be higher horse powered. They have the reputation of falling apart on the road way unless you get off them and tighten them up every so often. That's the way it's been since I was a kid.
They've had quality control problems in the past, but I don't know of anyone who owns more recent models that have had quality problems with their bike. Mine has a little over 15k (it's a 10 fat boy) and I haven't had any problems at all. Out of our group the only bike that used to have a lot of problems was that Ninja that my buddy sold for his road king.

There's also more to some people than performance. That's why some folks buy Cadillac and some folks buy Mustangs. If you have a steady SO and she likes to ride, she's going to much prefer riding on a cruiser or a touring bike ... doesn't matter how fast a rocket can potentially go ... she's not going to care if her as$ hurts. If you are going long day rides, even just with the buds or on rode trips it sux being on a rocket too. They are made for the track ... not really for cruising.

For 99.99 percent of the riding most folks do, the added performance of a rocket is unused potential. Even in an ideal setting most folks won't ride such a bike even close to its full potential ... i'm talking your shoes are hitting the asphalt cause you are bending it over so far on the curves .. anyone can go really fast in a straight line.

Level 8

Location hidden

#80 May 4, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Tooth in Bama,
Roll Tide,...
Roll Tide: One of my favorite commercials ever is this one:

"y'all don't even know he was a virgin until he's 28 ... and now ... roll tide ... wooo"

Level 8

Location hidden

#81 May 4, 2013
I suppose you get get a japanese cruiser if you want to avoid the problems with rocket, but no one really wants to ride a Japanese cruiser ... every guy I've been with who was on one was almost embarrassed and gave off the impression that they couldn't wait to stop driving a clown car and get a Harley (that was them who felt that way ... we didn't make them feel that way ... I don't care what people ride).

There's also resale value. I bought my bike stock for 16-17k and have put maybe another 2-3k custom parts on it. I could probably get a good percentage of my money back out of my bike if I sold it. The same is not true of Japanese bikes.
Level 4

Location hidden

#82 May 4, 2013
I don't really have anything against Harleys. I'm just playing. Thought the jokes were funny. They earned the reputation of parts falling off them when I was younger, many years ago. I don't know how they are now. They do need to add a radiator for cooling. I looked at the Buell when I bought my first Gixxer.

I have never had any problems with my Gixxers. The trade in was fair too. There's a lot of bad publicity spread about rice burners. Mostly unwarranted. You get a 4 cyclinder engine that redlines @ 11000 Rpm on the Busa..It's higher on the smaller motors and they have to be doing something right. There's a lot of them around.

“Be yourself .........”

Level 3

Everyone else is taken

#83 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I suppose you get get a japanese cruiser if you want to avoid the problems with rocket, but no one really wants to ride a Japanese cruiser ... every guy I've been with who was on one was almost embarrassed and gave off the impression that they couldn't wait to stop driving a clown car and get a Harley (that was them who felt that way ... we didn't make them feel that way ... I don't care what people ride).
There's also resale value. I bought my bike stock for 16-17k and have put maybe another 2-3k custom parts on it. I could probably get a good percentage of my money back out of my bike if I sold it. The same is not true of Japanese bikes.
We have an '82 Kawasaki, that sucker is still on the road.

Level 8

Location hidden

#84 May 4, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
I don't really have anything against Harleys. I'm just playing. Thought the jokes were funny. They earned the reputation of parts falling off them when I was younger, many years ago. I don't know how they are now. They do need to add a radiator for cooling. I looked at the Buell when I bought my first Gixxer.
I have never had any problems with my Gixxers. The trade in was fair too. There's a lot of bad publicity spread about rice burners. Mostly unwarranted. You get a 4 cyclinder engine that redlines @ 11000 Rpm on the Busa..It's higher on the smaller motors and they have to be doing something right. There's a lot of them around.
I've never had any problems with overheating, either. The only person who I heard had a problem with overheating said he was in a parade on a 95 degree day and they were moving very slow or not at all for long periods of time. The new 103s and 110s deactivate one of the cylinders now too, if you don't need all the power, which cuts down on heat.

Level 8

Location hidden

#85 May 4, 2013
Bad Bex wrote:
<quoted text>
We have an '82 Kawasaki, that sucker is still on the road.
I like seeing older bikes like that on the road. It's always a good conversation piece.
Level 4

Location hidden

#88 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had any problems with overheating, either. The only person who I heard had a problem with overheating said he was in a parade on a 95 degree day and they were moving very slow or not at all for long periods of time. The new 103s and 110s deactivate one of the cylinders now too, if you don't need all the power, which cuts down on heat.
I noticed one (or more models) came out with water cooling recently. The norms in my area are 95-110 in the summer. I've heard lots of people complain about overheating. It may be an older model thing too. That's interesting about the cylinder going dead to stay cool.
Level 4

Location hidden

#89 May 4, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my grandma always said make sure brain is loaded before you shoot mouth off. Seems you have not heard that one.
As I said your outdated on your Harley's.
I think the Busa is ugly, so are kawasaki, suzukis, Ducati's etc.
I think the rear of the Busa is ugly too. But it get's me where I want to go and gets 47 mpg @ 70 mph or so. It is faster than I have use for. It's there if I need it. It handles much better than your cruiser and weighs a whole lot less. It has it's benefits even if you want to disagree.

If I ever buy another bike it will probably be a Gold Wing. I'm not that old yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min replaytime 197,409
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 29 min SweLL GirL 12,690
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 46 min SweLL GirL 32,130
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Bezeer 15,695
Word association (Jun '07) 1 hr Bezeer 4,542
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr SweLL GirL 190,823
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 1 hr Mega Monster 4,254
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr SweLL GirL 144,815
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr wichita-rick 17,596
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 6 hr Spotted Girl 2,355