This "DESERVES" a -thread- of it's own...

Posted in the Weird Forum

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 May 14, 2013
Benghazi - IRS - Obama Administration - what a web they weave!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/13/no...

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 May 14, 2013
Obama Tries to Put Benghazi Back on the Fringe
http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/13/angry-ob...

" “We dishonor [the victims] when we turn things like this into a political circus,” Obama said during a peevish joint press conference at the White House with British Prime Minister David Cameron."

Labels. They've trained us to put labels on the opposition, gives us a psychological 'back door' to escape a fact that defies our sense of critical thinking and reason.

Like seeing him squirm though. Now if we could just put Bush in the 'hot seat' too...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3 May 14, 2013
TheBlaze, formerly GBTV, is a conservative libertarian news, information, and entertainment television network founded by talk radio personality Glenn Beck.

Figures...anybody got any hand sanitizer?

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#4 May 14, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
TheBlaze, formerly GBTV, is a conservative libertarian news, information, and entertainment television network founded by talk radio personality Glenn Beck.
Figures...anybody got any hand sanitizer?
When researching data to cite, especially when I'm already well familiar with the material; I tend to pick articles that contain the best short synopsis of the story, with correct data of course. The whole of Obama's comments are in that article, that's what he said, period dot. You can verify that with the Washington Post's article if it makes you feel better.

You just came really close to what I pointed out though; you found a label and used it as a shield for the hard data to bounce off of, lol. I've always thought you're a smart guy, Mil69. Throw off the false two party paradigm, we need folks like you to wake up to the encroaching corruption and tyranny coming from BOTH party heads. You're more liberal than I, but as a fellow American protecting our freedoms and the integrity of our governance, we need each other.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#5 May 14, 2013
GBTV? Is that 'Glenn Beck TV'? Must've been on cable or something. LOL I feel like a dinosaur, I haven't watched TV in years. And I think GB makes Constitutionalists look bad. Kinda like what Pat Robertson does to Christians...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#6 May 14, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>When researching data to cite, especially when I'm already well familiar with the material; I tend to pick articles that contain the best short synopsis of the story, with correct data of course. The whole of Obama's comments are in that article, that's what he said, period dot. You can verify that with the Washington Post's article if it makes you feel better.
You just came really close to what I pointed out though; you found a label and used it as a shield for the hard data to bounce off of, lol. I've always thought you're a smart guy, Mil69. Throw off the false two party paradigm, we need folks like you to wake up to the encroaching corruption and tyranny coming from BOTH party heads. You're more liberal than I, but as a fellow American protecting our freedoms and the integrity of our governance, we need each other.
Actually the only thing hard about this whole thread is the metal plate in Hoosier_Hillbilly's head.

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#7 May 14, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
When researching data to cite, especially when I'm already well familiar with the material; I tend to pick articles that contain the best short synopsis of the story, with correct data of course. The whole of Obama's comments are in that article, that's what he said, period dot. You can verify that with the Washington Post's article if it makes you feel better.
Labels gives us a psychological 'back door' to escape a fact that defies our sense of critical thinking and reason.
and M69 said - "Actually the only thing hard about this whole thread is the metal plate in Hoosier_Hillbilly's head.
PP said:
You just came really close to what I pointed out though; you found a label and used it as a shield for the hard data to bounce off of.
*That's #5 below*

It's funny how when M69 can't think of anything else to say or he just 'got-put-down' good, something about 'me' comes to the foreground,'i' must be gett'n in his head pretty-good?

milwaukee69 wrote:

"The Rules of Liberal Correctness"

3) If they argue with you and actually present data (formerly known as "debating"), shrug it off as "propaganda from the conservative Media."

4) If you cannot rebut the argument pick on details such as misspellings, improper punctuation, Hoosier Hillbilly, or taglines.

5) If your opponent has an irrefutable argument, change the subject.

ROTFLMAO

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#8 May 14, 2013
I rest my case^^^
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9 May 14, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^
You're all nuts.

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#10 May 14, 2013
YEAH! but you love'm!

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#11 May 14, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
I rest my case^^^
~~~~~~~~~~

Obama-tries-to-put-benghazi-ba ck-on-the-fringe
http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/13/ang..../...

“We dishonor [the victims] when we turn things like this into a political circus,” Obama said during a peevish joint press conference at the White House.

“Suddenly, three days ago, this gets spun up as if (((there’s))) something new to the story,” the President added, saying the talking points reflected what he was being told by intelligence officials.“There’s no ‘there’ there.”
*=* Did "WE" just catch him in 'another-one'?*=*
~~~~~~~~~~

In November, White House press secretary Jay Carney said only a small, >>>semantic*< << change had been made to the talking points. With his Administration’s credibility under assault, Obama spent 918 words arguing that the allegations were not to be believed, and accused Republicans of playing politics.“They’ve used it for fundraising,” he said.

It's bad enough when a person lies, but to get others to lie for you is a definite NO-NO!
WHY?
Because they get all confused and start hem-hawing around which destroys creditability. O! Obama did that too!
Sorry Carney!

*semantic - a problem of understanding that comes down to word selection
Obama's the champ!!!
And there's enough 'dumb' people to believe him, 53% as-a-matter-of-fact.
I said that cause M69 keeps using the 47% against me & Mitt-but I didn't vote for Mitt either.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#12 May 14, 2013
In 1945, President Harry S. Truman assured Americans that “The first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, in so far as possible, the killing of civilians.” Hiroshima, in fact, was almost entirely non-military, and 140,000 innocent civilians died as a result.

President JFK said in 1961,“I have previously stated and I repeat now that the United States intends no military intervention in Cuba.” It turned out the Bay of Pigs was organized and funded by the CIA, and American pilots had flown some bombing missions.

In 1973, Richard Nixon said on a nationally televised speech “I have earned every cent. And in all of my years of public life I have never obstructed justice. People have got to know whether or not their President is a crook. Well, I’m not a crook. I’ve earned everything I’ve got.” That speech was in response to Watergate, possibly the biggest scandal in U.S. history. Nixon eventually resigned rather than face impeachment.

Of the Iran Hostage Crisis, Ronald Reagan said in 1986 “We did not — repeat — did not trade weapons or anything else for hostages — nor will we.” Yes, they did. In fact, over 2,000 anti-tank weapons were sold to Iran in exchange for hostages.

Speaking to the nation in 1998, Bill Clinton assured voters, saying “I want you to listen to me. I’m going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.”

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#13 May 14, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Benghazi - IRS - Obama Administration - what a web they weave!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/13/no...
By the way, Mr. Cyber-educator with a cyber-degree from EKU, the phrase:

This "DESERVES" a -thread- of it's own...

is in error. First, a thing "it," cannot be possessive and therefore should not have an apostrophe. "It's" is a contraction of "it is."

Get a refrigerator magnet and stick a note about this to that metal plate in your head.

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#15 May 14, 2013
I must'a been thinking about Obama when I included the 'apostrophe'- I was attempting to introduce it as a personified thing.
The BS was in Math not English, remember?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#16 May 14, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
The BS was in Math not English, remember?
But yet you can't seem to tell the difference between one word or two.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17 May 14, 2013
__Quintessence__ wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^
You're all nuts.
Pistachio, here. lol

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#18 May 14, 2013
'i' have trouble get'n them damn shells to separate. And then there's the 'gray area' you suppost to eat that or not?
My grandson loves'm!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19 May 15, 2013
Okay I get it, you two don't like each other, lol. Well I like you both and no way am I going to get into the middle of this.
And you've both cited some good points in the debate.

Have a great week y'all!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#20 May 15, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
'i' have trouble get'n them damn shells to separate. And then there's the 'gray area' you suppost to eat that or not?
My grandson loves'm!
Oh but they're so good!

Nice weather in Indy today, eh? Wish I had some free time to go out to the track and watch practice. I won't be here for the race though, gonna be down in Paynetown, on the pontoon!

Little Big Town - Pontoon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 3 min NotaGoth 5,072
True or False Game 3 min AmyFaith 316
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 120,523
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 13 min Denny CranesPlace 17,414
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min Denny CranesPlace 36,786
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 24 min Zwiebel 9,116
Word Association. (Nov '10) 25 min Zwiebel 16,678
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 46 min A Noted Ferrerman 22,198
Dog interrupts weather forecast 46 min Sally Brown 3
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 57 min Sally Brown 19