There goes the neighborhood!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#14222 Mar 3, 2014
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Ricky and Everyone. It's Monday!
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday....all the same when your retired. It's a weekend every day for me. ;)
After flying home yesterday from Antarctic New York (lol) I'm going to the beach to get the chill from out of my bones.
You trying to see how regular folk feel in the winter? lol

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#14223 Mar 3, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You trying to see how regular folk feel in the winter? lol
This regular folk is cold.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

KENTUCKY

#14224 Mar 3, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
So is this irregular one...

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#14225 Mar 3, 2014
GANNY wrote:
<quoted text>So is this irregular one...
Hey Lovely Ganny !:)

Did you get much ice? It was very pretty this morning but not so nice trying to get to work.

“For F***'s Sake”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#14226 Mar 3, 2014
GANNY wrote:
<quoted text>
So is this irregular one...
More fiber! LOL

Level 9

KENTUCKY

#14227 Mar 3, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lovely Ganny !:)
Did you get much ice? It was very pretty this morning but not so nice trying to get to work.
It was pretty and rough over here also..

We got a some ice and about three inches of snow on top of it...

Level 9

KENTUCKY

#14228 Mar 3, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>More fiber! LOL
LOL, Thanks..

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#14229 Mar 3, 2014
GANNY wrote:
<quoted text>It was pretty and rough over here also..

We got a some ice and about three inches of snow on top of it...
Not much snow , mostly ice And flash floods with all the rain. Now the freaken cold temps.

Guess we will just have to deal with it and wait on Spring. Can't come soon enough for me.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#14230 Mar 4, 2014
We have snow forecast every day for the rest of the week....
I'm all set with it at this point.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14231 Mar 4, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we don't have to worry about a big hole opening up beneath our feet! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14232 Mar 4, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much snow , mostly ice And flash floods with all the rain. Now the freaken cold temps.
Guess we will just have to deal with it and wait on Spring. Can't come soon enough for me.
Spring for some will have sprung floods when the thick ice and snow melt.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14233 Mar 4, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
We have snow forecast every day for the rest of the week....
I'm all set with it at this point.
How fun! lol

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#14234 Mar 4, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>At least we don't have to worry about a big hole opening up beneath our feet! lol
I saw on TV where they have begun pulling some of the cars out from that sink hole. Just amazing. Some do not look all that damaged.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#14235 Mar 4, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Spring for some will have sprung floods when the thick ice and snow melt.
I saw where these huge ice packs are breaking lose and moving down rivers and such... gonna be another terrible time for many :(

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14236 Mar 4, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You trying to see how regular folk feel in the winter? lol
If i didn't have to fly up to NY for a funeral, I wouldn't have gone!

As soon as I stepped out of the airport, I was hit in the face with the cold of coldest air possible. It took my breathe away. I had to walk about a block to my rental car.(dashboard said 11 degrees, don't know the windchill factor) I was almost in tears. No hat, gloves, scarf...or even the proper winter jacket. The car doors were frozen shut and I couldn't open them at first. So picture me jumping up and down trying to keep warm and fighting with a car door to open. Then when I got inside....the car wouldn't warm up. I pulled out eventually. Then I'm on the highway and all the bells and whistles start going on in the dashboard. I did a u-turn immediately and had to go through the above ordeal all over again.

That's when I came to this conclusion....This is bullsh@t and I am never ever coming back during the winter!!!

Talking with family and friends I told them ...I am never coming back unless I have too. If they miss me so much they need to visit me at my home.

One thing I did notice, everyone was short fused and rude. They were pissed at me for having a tan.(really?) They are all tired of the brutal winter and took it out on me ;)

So you and the regular folk can keep the cold weather to yourselves. No need to share it.

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14237 Mar 4, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>At least we don't have to worry about a big hole opening up beneath our feet! lol
No sink holes where I live.(knock on wood)
Jolly

Corning, NY

#14238 Mar 4, 2014
Sorry, Chris, but I'm chuckling here! Visiting NY in the winter and not wearing enough warm clothes isn't a valid reason for saying "BS, I'm not coming back!" LOL That would be like if I visited FL in the summer and only packed heavy slacks and woolen sweaters to wear.

I hear you, though, on how brutal the cold has been up here this winter. This has been just like the winters of 20+ years ago, with all the snow & ice & below zero temp's for weeks. BRRR! Still, I choose to live here, rather than down south, because I'd rather put on extra clothing to keep warm, instead of sweating it out for 6 months every year and feeling like a sticky dishrag everytime I go outdoors.(Been there, done that first in FL and later on in TX, due to corporate transfers.)

Enjoy the warmth where you are now! Freedom to choose is a great freedom to have.

Just putting in my 2 cents, in a friendly way...-- Jolly of "Antarctica, NY")

:o )

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14239 Mar 4, 2014
Jolly wrote:
Sorry, Chris, but I'm chuckling here! Visiting NY in the winter and not wearing enough warm clothes isn't a valid reason for saying "BS, I'm not coming back!" LOL That would be like if I visited FL in the summer and only packed heavy slacks and woolen sweaters to wear.
I hear you, though, on how brutal the cold has been up here this winter. This has been just like the winters of 20+ years ago, with all the snow & ice & below zero temp's for weeks. BRRR! Still, I choose to live here, rather than down south, because I'd rather put on extra clothing to keep warm, instead of sweating it out for 6 months every year and feeling like a sticky dishrag everytime I go outdoors.(Been there, done that first in FL and later on in TX, due to corporate transfers.)
Enjoy the warmth where you are now! Freedom to choose is a great freedom to have.
Just putting in my 2 cents, in a friendly way...-- Jolly of "Antarctica, NY")
:o )
There's a happy medium between the two. It's called North Carolina.:)

It was 69 on Sunday and we got a small ice/snow storm last night. That's probably what I like most, tho, is even in January or February, it's not uncommon to get a day in the 60s, sometimes low 70s out of the blue. Just one day, can make a long winter more tolerable.

We sometimes get snow, but we don't really get the prolonged brutal cold spells or much snow. I also think the summers in Chicago that I grew up with are just as humid if not more humid than here. We have a longer fall and a longer spring and much more mild winters, than Chicago too.

I will likely never move back, which is odd, because I used to love it and thought it was a great place to live.
Jolly

Corning, NY

#14240 Mar 4, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a happy medium between the two. It's called North Carolina.:)
It was 69 on Sunday and we got a small ice/snow storm last night. That's probably what I like most, tho, is even in January or February, it's not uncommon to get a day in the 60s, sometimes low 70s out of the blue. Just one day, can make a long winter more tolerable.
We sometimes get snow, but we don't really get the prolonged brutal cold spells or much snow. I also think the summers in Chicago that I grew up with are just as humid if not more humid than here. We have a longer fall and a longer spring and much more mild winters, than Chicago too.
I will likely never move back, which is odd, because I used to love it and thought it was a great place to live.
I've heard that about NC's climate! Any place with 4 different seasons (that aren't brutal) is good, in my book. The seashore down there is a draw, too, as we (family & I) spent a week last June playing in the waves at Ocean Isle.

NC is definitely a contender, for a retirement destination.

“For F***'s Sake”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#14241 Mar 4, 2014
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>If i didn't have to fly up to NY for a funeral, I wouldn't have gone!
As soon as I stepped out of the airport, I was hit in the face with the cold of coldest air possible. It took my breathe away. I had to walk about a block to my rental car.(dashboard said 11 degrees, don't know the windchill factor) I was almost in tears. No hat, gloves, scarf...or even the proper winter jacket. The car doors were frozen shut and I couldn't open them at first. So picture me jumping up and down trying to keep warm and fighting with a car door to open. Then when I got inside....the car wouldn't warm up. I pulled out eventually. Then I'm on the highway and all the bells and whistles start going on in the dashboard. I did a u-turn immediately and had to go through the above ordeal all over again.
That's when I came to this conclusion....This is bullsh@t and I am never ever coming back during the winter!!!
Talking with family and friends I told them ...I am never coming back unless I have too. If they miss me so much they need to visit me at my home.
One thing I did notice, everyone was short fused and rude. They were pissed at me for having a tan.(really?) They are all tired of the brutal winter and took it out on me ;)
So you and the regular folk can keep the cold weather to yourselves. No need to share it.
Back in '04, I had to go to banks Alaska Fairbanks in the middle of December for a job. 40 below zero, with no wind (thank God). It was definitely more than I bargained for! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 2 min tiger_-_dad 6,008
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Wolftracks 167,368
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,119
News Share 5 min Spotted Girl 2
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 7 min dragoon70056 4,939
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 8 min andet1987 264
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 9 min DILF 221
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min DILF 12,781
Answer a question with a question 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 495
More from around the web