Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11705 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
Bottom line broseph - I've had my system for nearly two years now (read: it's nearing end of life as a competitive gaming system), I paid less than you did, and it still outperforms your brand new system in some key areas.
Now it's nearly two years old, but yesterday it was a year old:
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>I built this for less than 1k a year ago
^^^^^ LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Nont only that, but today it went from less than 1k to less than 800, which is a huge difference in terms of performance specs. For 200 more, I could have had the gtx 670, for example.

I also asked ya to price your system out and to show me how it's possible for you to even get your inferior system for the price you said ... You haven't cause you can't.

Now you say it's almost two years old, even if this is true and i doubt it, basically means the component cost for your crap system should be significantly less today than it was almost 2 years ago and despite this YOU STILL can't price it out at the price you supposedly paid.

LOLOLOLOL

For example, SSD woulda cost significantly more almost two years ago than the 48 cents per gb than it is going for now and even with the current lower cost today, you still can't price out the system you supposedly have for the price you said you paid for it!!!

LOLOLOLOL
CrunchyBacon wrote:
I play every game I own on max graphics settings and consistently get 60+ FPS, sometimes over 100 FPS.
I'm sure your system is fine, but its not comparable to mine, you lied when you said you bought those specs for less than 800, and you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the value of my system, because its clear from our discussion today you know very little about the specs, performance, going rate for costs.

I totally called you out on your b.s. half truths, using all sorts of facts and performance comparisons.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
Your bragging because your brand new Dell has some faster components than a 2 year old system, well no sheit sherlock, technology advances rather quickly.
Not bragging. Calling you out your b.s. statement that you built a comparable system as mine for less than 800 a year ago. Your system isn't comparable to mine AND you can't build even your inferior system for the price you said you did, unless your parts fell off a truck!

Prove me wrong ... Price it out, dummy. You haven't cause you can't!

Point being, if you can't even build your, now almost 2 year old, inferior system today for $750, you sound like a moron for saying I didn't get good value for my superior system that I paid $899 for!

That's not bragging ... That's rebutting your lying b.s.!
CrunchyBacon wrote:
The thing you keep missing is, my system has a better, more balanced design at a lower cost. Because of the synergy I've created with the components I've selected, I'm going to get a better, more balanced gaming experience, than your brand new Dell.
Dude, no one believes your b.s, except for you ... Your GPU is the bottleneck on your system ... it is ... Ask anyone who knows anything about gaming... Given this, you can get all the synergy you want and it isn't going to do jack to performance, because your GPU is the thing limiting your performance!

You woulda been way better off with 8GB RAM, no SSD, and getting a better GPU. My computer and your computer won't lag when gaming or suffer graphical underperformance for lack of hard drive speed, with or without SSD.

You put your money in stupid things if you wanted the most bang for your buck for gaming...

True story bro.
Game Boy

France

#11712 Sep 1, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's nearly two years old, but yesterday it was a year old:
<quoted text>
^^^^^ LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Nont only that, but today it went from less than 1k to less than 800, which is a huge difference in terms of performance specs. For 200 more, I could have had the gtx 670, for example.
I also asked ya to price your system out and to show me how it's possible for you to even get your inferior system for the price you said ... You haven't cause you can't.
Now you say it's almost two years old, even if this is true and i doubt it, basically means the component cost for your crap system should be significantly less today than it was almost 2 years ago and despite this YOU STILL can't price it out at the price you supposedly paid.
LOLOLOLOL
For example, SSD woulda cost significantly more almost two years ago than the 48 cents per gb than it is going for now and even with the current lower cost today, you still can't price out the system you supposedly have for the price you said you paid for it!!!
LOLOLOLOL
<quoted text>
I'm sure your system is fine, but its not comparable to mine, you lied when you said you bought those specs for less than 800, and you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the value of my system, because its clear from our discussion today you know very little about the specs, performance, going rate for costs.
I totally called you out on your b.s. half truths, using all sorts of facts and performance comparisons.
<quoted text>
Not bragging. Calling you out your b.s. statement that you built a comparable system as mine for less than 800 a year ago. Your system isn't comparable to mine AND you can't build even your inferior system for the price you said you did, unless your parts fell off a truck!
Prove me wrong ... Price it out, dummy. You haven't cause you can't!
Point being, if you can't even build your, now almost 2 year old, inferior system today for $750, you sound like a moron for saying I didn't get good value for my superior system that I paid $899 for!
That's not bragging ... That's rebutting your lying b.s.!
<quoted text>
Dude, no one believes your b.s, except for you ... Your GPU is the bottleneck on your system ... it is ... Ask anyone who knows anything about gaming... Given this, you can get all the synergy you want and it isn't going to do jack to performance, because your GPU is the thing limiting your performance!
You woulda been way better off with 8GB RAM, no SSD, and getting a better GPU. My computer and your computer won't lag when gaming or suffer graphical underperformance for lack of hard drive speed, with or without SSD.
You put your money in stupid things if you wanted the most bang for your buck for gaming...
True story bro.
A lawyer gaming? Kids games? Do you even own a briefcase?

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#11713 Sep 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>My girlfriend calls me a stalker but then she doesn't know she is my girlfriend :)
So does your wife know about her?
;-)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11714 Sep 1, 2013
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you are pushing 60, fat, and drunk. They wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.
uh... wobble wattle hump hump
That's not me. I'm right around 50 and adorable!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11715 Sep 1, 2013
Kevin wrote:
The fat state worker was on here all day and night...on Saturday.
I don't think she was. She said she was getting married.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11718 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
So I took a peek at your Dell, wasn't expecting much, but it's worse than I thought.
You didnít look at my computer. You looked at a different model.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No name Mini ITX mobo, i.e. stripped of all cool features to keep their costs down, typical Dell. No overclocking for joo.
Well, not everyone can be like Super Rose and get a $250 SSD hard drive, a $75 1T HHD harddrive, a $250 dollar GPU,$150 in RAM, a $200 CPU, a $150 mother board, for just over $700. You are just super awesome and have magical bargain shopping powers Ö you can buy stuff for way less than anybody sells them.

Actually, you have a workshop in your home with a bunch of elves and you build these things yourself.

No wait, actually, I think you use the Jedi mind trick and businesses just sell you stuff that would retail for about 1000-1100, even at bargain discount prices, for just over $700 and since you are extra super awesome Rose, they also give you a free case, free power supply, free sound card, free operating system, free virus program for a year, and $500 in cash.

I bet your next computer you build from scratch will have dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 GPUs , which each retail for about $1000, a 4 T SSD HD, 32 GB of Ram, an ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS mobo, which retails for about $500, 2000 Watt power supply, liquid nitrogen cooling system, 1500 Watt Speaker system with a 20 inch sub woofer, telepathic gaming control instead of a mouse, Next Generation Dragon software, so you donít need a keyboard, and youíll build it all for a grand total of $800.

Iím just not as awesome as you. I canít do these magical things. It will be hard, but Iíll have to somehow carry on.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11719 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about systems, you'd realize an O/C'd $200 CPU keeps up with a stock $330 CPU, you wasted $130 bucks IMO.
Yes, and if you wish to keep your CPU in a cryogenic freezer and overclock it at 200 percent, it might, just might be able to reach 3.9 gHz peak like mine can. <sarcasm>

BTW, you still havenít told me what super mega awesome CPU you supposed have in your mega awesome gaming beast that you got for just over $700. I want to get the full effect of your synergistic system.

What do you have? I want to know where I went wrong and be like you.

Must be total crap, since you won't say. Does your computer know how embarrassed you are of it? Good thing it's not Hal, it would not be very happy with you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11720 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Alienwareô 240 Watt Power Supply (Standard)- holy sheit, 240W, I didn't think they came this small anymore, typical Dell.
Mine came with 330 Watts, standard. So, I have no idea what computer model you were looking at, but itís not the one I bought.

Thatís enough to run everything and upgrade to a kick a$s GTX 670. If it lasts me 4-5 years, with a few upgrades, Iím pretty happy with that.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11721 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dell filled both memory slots to give you your 8GB, so if you want to expand, you have to toss your all memory and start from scratch, typical Dell.
You only have 2 expansion slots, both filled, zero expandability hahahahahahahaha, typical Dell.
You didnít even look at my model, moron.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11722 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>The case is sooooooo small, good luck squeezing a SSD in there, again zero expandability.
Wrong again. Itís possible to add one and add one without buying a new HD.

And I like the smaller size Ö I donít live in my momís basement, like you. If I want to I can leave it in my living room and play on the big screen, because itís about the size of the original xbox. I donít want a huge honking computer box in my living room.

Your hand mind not care if you have a big honking computer box in your living room, but my wife would.:D

Level 8

Location hidden

#11723 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are seriously underestimating how much a SSD and extra RAM can boost your performance. Enjoy your watching HD light flash lololol. Geee I wonder what your mondo CPU does while waiting for all that disk I/O, maybe it spins off a thread to surf pron?
Fail.

My system will run bioshock on infinite performance settings (highest) at over 170 FPS. It will also run tomb raider, on max settings, which just came out in March at over 85 FPS. If I upgrade to the gtx 670 those numbers jump to over 210 FPS and over 118 FPS, respectfully.

Could I have gotten a better system, of course, but I wasnít interested in dropping 1500 or 2000 or more on a system or forking over the cash to build a clone of IBMís Watson.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11724 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No mouse or keyboard included in the base price, but you can order a generic (non-gaming) set, typical Dell.
Again, not sure what you looked at, but mine includes a mouse and a keyboard in the base price.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No programming multiple attacks into 1 function key for joo. Oh hell, you're probably a keyboard turning noob anyway, so no worries hahaha.
I donít play any games where I need to program multiple attacks. I wouldnít pay for a gaming mouse or a keyboard, because I wouldnít use the features.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a pretty box, I'll give you that, but not worth the $1200 (or was it $899, you keep waffling) you paid for it.
$1099, with a 200 gift card that will basically pay for my 24 inch gaming monitor. So, for me to consider building my own or buying from someone else, Iíd need someone to offer me the same specs for 899, because Iíd have to drop 200 on a monitor if I went with someone else.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Given all the discounts you threw at this project, I'd expect the cost to be in the 500-600 range, considering how generic (by today's standards) the performance is going to be.
You couldnít even buy my processor and a comparable graphics card for less than $500-$550 online. The best price I could find my CPU at was just under 300 and my GPU or a comparable one would run between $200-$250. So, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps my old girl is GPU bound, I could easily drop another $130 560 in it and enable SLI (an option your box will never have, typical Dell). But why bother, my FPS is already higher than the human eye can detect.
I can always upgrade to a better GPU too, and by the time I need to, to get significantly better performance, I will only be looking at a few hundred bucks.

Since your CPU sucks so bad that you won't even say what it is, on top of running dual GPUs, youíll need to drop a couple hundred to upgrade that to anything decent.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry broseph, you can brag to your friends your Dell works almost as good as my almost 2 year old system.
Yep, your system with a massively inferior GPU, and a massively inferior CPU is so much better than mine. Not only did you get your computer for a magical price, but it has magical performance characteristics that make it better than IBM's Watson with 10 Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 GPUs <sarcasm>

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#11725 Sep 1, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, not sure what you looked at, but mine includes a mouse and a keyboard in the base price.
<quoted text>
I donít play any games where I need to program multiple attacks. I wouldnít pay for a gaming mouse or a keyboard, because I wouldnít use the features.
<quoted text>
$1099, with a 200 gift card that will basically pay for my 24 inch gaming monitor. So, for me to consider building my own or buying from someone else, Iíd need someone to offer me the same specs for 899, because Iíd have to drop 200 on a monitor if I went with someone else.
<quoted text>
You couldnít even buy my processor and a comparable graphics card for less than $500-$550 online. The best price I could find my CPU at was just under 300 and my GPU or a comparable one would run between $200-$250. So, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.
<quoted text>
I can always upgrade to a better GPU too, and by the time I need to, to get significantly better performance, I will only be looking at a few hundred bucks.
Since your CPU sucks so bad that you won't even say what it is, on top of running dual GPUs, youíll need to drop a couple hundred to upgrade that to anything decent.
<quoted text>
Yep, your system with a massively inferior GPU, and a massively inferior CPU is so much better than mine. Not only did you get your computer for a magical price, but it has magical performance characteristics that make it better than IBM's Watson with 10 Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 GPUs <sarcasm>
Dangit she keeps on using Cruncy Bacon and it makes me hungry nearly every time I see that name lol.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#11727 Sep 1, 2013
NOTE>>>>

Eeeeenttt......wrong!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11728 Sep 1, 2013
Lollipops.
Hello Ricky
Hello sublime
*waves at crazy stalker*

Level 8

Location hidden

#11729 Sep 1, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Dangit she keeps on using Cruncy Bacon and it makes me hungry nearly every time I see that name lol.
She's a lying idiot. If she tells me exactly what her specs are, one of two things happen:

A) it's not anything close to a good gaming machine or B) it's way more expensive than $700.

She wont' tell me how much SSD memory she has or what specific type of CPU she has, cause I'll go run the numbers and make her look like an idiot, either way.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11730 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Lollipops.
Hello Ricky
Hello sublime
*waves at crazy stalker*
Howdy!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#11734 Sep 1, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Sue!
LMAO

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#11736 Sep 1, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a lying idiot. If she tells me exactly what her specs are, one of two things happen:
A) it's not anything close to a good gaming machine or B) it's way more expensive than $700.
She wont' tell me how much SSD memory she has or what specific type of CPU she has, cause I'll go run the numbers and make her look like an idiot, either way.
What I don't understand is if she's got this bad ass gaming system, why is she on Tooix instead of getting a beat down playing a game somewhere? Lol

Is it because she's a girl?

Level 8

Location hidden

#11742 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Rly, the GTX 670 requires a 500W PSU minimum.
It's fun watching you talk out your azz :)
Maybe you should write these guys who actually reviewed my computer with the gtx 670 and tell them itís not possible and they are lying:

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Dissecting-Del...
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you're really puzzling how I keep my costs down, here's a hint.
This wasn't my first build, I have a few retired generations in my basement.
I was able to cannibalize a number of components. Like a Thermaltake 750W PSU, a smexy Antec case with plenty of cooling, a DVD-RW drive, an 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, even had a spare 1TB HD.
Listen moron, anyone who has a bunch of free components (YOU) can build a computer cheaper than someone who doesnít (Me).

If someone gave me a i7 4770 CPU, a gtx 660, 8 GM of Ram, a 1TB HD, a 24 inch computer monitor, a free case, free speaker system, a free motherboard, a free sound card and wifi card, and a power supply, free dVD-RW FOR FREE, I could build my system for $0.00, and then, if I wanted to, I could (but I wouldn't) be a moron like you and say someone else who doesnít have access to all the free parts that I did is a moron for paying a single penny or more for them and accuse them of not getting a good deal.

I donít really care what computer you have or how it performs compared to mine. As I initially said, for someone such as me, who doesnít have a basement filled with parts, I got pretty good deal.

I never said I had the best computer in the world. I simply said I have something that can run everything out there at top setting, without paying an arm and a leg.

Then some moron (you) shows up and says, man you paid too much and starts comparing the cost of her build to mine, when she didnít have to pay anything for half her components.

What a moronic discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 7 min Doug77 31,178
Things to do while waiting........ 8 min ellaquent 335
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 11 min Proud To Be Trina 9,605
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Dogen 154,706
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 13 min Doug77 3,951
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min Shaddup 39,979
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 22 min Jennifer Renee 10,243
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min Wolftracks 159,852
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 hr Doug77 28,153
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 hr say it aint so 26,952
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 6 hr John Boner 169
More from around the web