“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11678 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
you look lovely the opening of your shows.
Fright Nights been good to you.
Hey good morning. Drop by for Brunch special today :)

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11679 Sep 1, 2013
Guess Barbi wants us to disrupt her BRG thread.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#11680 Sep 1, 2013
-Figgy - wrote:
<quoted text>
She really needs to get herself a life!
Hello Perse!((HUGS))
Good morning sweet Figgy :) Enjoy your long weekend

“numerically challenged”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11682 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Troll wishes she could GPS me so bad!
Sorry butchie!
Smoochie smoochie?

“numerically challenged”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11683 Sep 1, 2013
-Figgy - wrote:
<quoted text>
She really needs to get herself a life!
Hello Perse!((HUGS))
This IS her life.

Level 7

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11684 Sep 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning sweet Figgy :) Enjoy your long weekend
Hello Denny!((HUGS))
Long time no see! How are you?

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#11688 Sep 1, 2013
Super Sized It wrote:
<quoted text>
^Speaking of Whoppers.^
I bet you'd like a super sized one!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11689 Sep 1, 2013
* waves at stalkers*

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#11691 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
* waves at stalkers*
But I'm not stalking! Lol

Morning Pers!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11693 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
AW makes great cases, it's what you paid for ;P
But from a purely performance perspective, the system I built Christmas 2011 (for 700 bucks roughly) will still smoke your new AW in some key areas.
Did you get the vanilla GTX 660 I bet you did, cause my older GTX 560 ti (note the ti on the end) kills it on anti aliasing, that's what removes those ugly jaggies on non horizontal/vertical lines.
ďThe 660 is generally the better card. The 560Ti is only better in GPU computing applications eg. CUDA acceleration. The 560Ti is also a more balanced product, as it doesn't have a crippled memory bus like the 660 has. The 660 will do very well in games that do not tax the memory bandwidth, eg. Battlefield 3. In games that do tax memory bandwidth, eg. Batman Arkham City with moderate to high levels of Anti-Aliasing enabled, it performs poorly compared to its AMD counterpart, the Radeon HD 7870.

Most of the time the 660 will do better than the 560Ti, in gaming, the 660 will be better than the 560Ti in virtually all scenarios. You should probably go with the 660 unless you are looking for a card solely for CUDA acceleration or other GPU computing tasks.Ē

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/374991-33-5...

Your card isnít even as good as the gtx 650 on the performance chart, which isnít even as good as the gtx 660. LOLOLOL.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Your power supply will be underpowered (the pre-builts always cut corners there), good luck upgrading components.
Actually I already have enough power to upgrade to the GTX 670, which would blow your GPU out of the water. It was an option for my set up, but I donít really need it for an extra $200 right now Ö Iíll wait for the next gen to come out or for it to decrease in price, when I need to upgrade Ö I donít really need anymore than I have right now.

Iím also not worried about wattage ... GPUís are becoming more efficient with each development cycle. The inefficiencies are a big reason why overheating is such a problem and you need liquid cooling and what not Ö so there is a push to make them more efficient.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you overclock your CPU and GPU? Or did they cut corners on your mobo. Does your mobo support SLI and Crossfire? Prob not, given your system lacks the necessary wattage and additional expansion slots hehe.
Silly little, Rose, all GPUís can be overclocked and since I can already upgrade to the 670 if I wanted to, which has more wattage requirements than the 660, yes I can and will overclock.

In terms of the CPU, no I canít overclock it, but I donít need to Ö itís the 3rd (I checked it's not actually the 2nd) best chip Intel currently makes, with the exception of the 4770k and i7 3930:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php...

It's probable my CPU will blow your CPU away even if I donít overclock itÖ What kind of CPU do you have, specifically.

I also don't need the best of the best because you pay much, much more for a mere incremental increase in performance. I just need good enough. Good enough is good enough, by definition.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
They prob gave you 6-8 GB of RAM right? I'd have gone for 16 myself.
I have 8, but I donít need 16, right now.

According to my bro who is a programer, who has built more computers than you have, itís really not needed right now. I can also upgrade to 16 for about $70 bucks if I want to. He said if I'm going to put money into it, get the gtx 670 first and an SSD.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No SSD brah, SSD gives a HUGE performance boost.
I can add that if I want.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11694 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet AW shipped a stock keyboard and mouse. My Razor has 5600dpi precision and 12 programmable buttons. Same with my keyboard, 18 programmable keys and smexy back lighting on the keys.
It's these small details that separate a true gaming system from a wannabe Dell :)
At the end of the day, Iíd love for you to price out your system.

With SSD running at just under 50 cents per GB, assuming you have on the low end 250 GB of SSD, thatís about $120. Assuming you have something decent like 500 GB, which is what I plan to get, you are looking at around $220. Add your 1 TB of HDD, and you are looking at another $60, for the crappiest possible manufactuer. That right there alone is $180ish for the low end SSD to $280ish for the 500 GB and HDD combo.
Your graphics card is about $200.

Your 16 GB of quad core corsair ram is 130-150. Letís assume you got it at 120 Ö Right there you, with your HD, Graphics card, and RAM, you are already at 500-600 and that doesnít include a processor, which even for a decent one will be $200 or your motherboard ($100-160 for a Fatil1ty) or your wicked hardcore keyboard, mouse, or your power supply, or your computer case, operating system, virus program, soundcard, wifi card.

I call b.s.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11695 Sep 1, 2013
Add in shipping costs for the components, add in any tax, too.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11696 Sep 1, 2013
Typo ... my bil is a programer, not my bro.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#11697 Sep 1, 2013
Ricky F for Fast wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still have that premature problem? In. Out. Sticky Ricky!
Well you sure didn't complain either way!

Level 8

Location hidden

#11698 Sep 1, 2013
My processor alone is $300...

Here's my GPU compared to yours too:

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php...

Can you say pwnage?

:D

Level 8

Location hidden

#11699 Sep 1, 2013
This sums it all up:

"In terms of overall gaming performance, the graphical capabilities of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB (OEM) are massively better than the Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti."

Next time you go through the trouble of building a computer, Rose, I suggest you talk to an expert first, like me!

:P

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11701 Sep 1, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>But I'm not stalking! Lol
Morning Pers!
Correction good afternoon.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#11702 Sep 1, 2013
-Figgy - wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Denny!((HUGS))
Long time no see! How are you?
Darlin I am finer than frog hair as usual :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#11703 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
* waves at stalkers*
My girlfriend calls me a stalker but then she doesn't know she is my girlfriend :)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11704 Sep 1, 2013
In summary, The boys that live in this neighborhood are hot hot hot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min whatimeisit 30,318
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Blitzking 132,885
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 14 min Paki_Jatt_Soorma 1,096
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 18 min Mega Monster 7,608
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 30 min undercover poster 25,742
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 30 min NotaGoth 1,737
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 47 min beatlesinafog 436
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,539
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr X Crypsis X 336
More from around the web