#11646 Sep 1, 2013
Hiw cute! Good morning neighborhood!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11647 Sep 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow no wonder you got it..well anticipation is fun too ..I haven't had a,desktop in years.. we had bad weather suddenly and Pierre kept going
I have an old lap top too, which used to be a very good gaming machine about oh, 6-7 years ago, lololol, an older desk top that used to be a top notch gaming machine too, lolololo, and our kids got a new laptop for Christmas, but itís just not for gaming, outside of games like MInecraft, which they play a lot. I really needed something better and was tired of running the few games I play on low graphics settings.

I actually priced out my system and even if I ordered all the componets myself, the best I could have built a computer with my specs for was $800 and that doesnít include all the shipping and tax if any for each of the parts (which Iíd have to get from different sellers to get the best price, the case (and my case is awesome Ö it has customizable lighting zones on the case), the power cord and supply, keyboard, optical mouse, and a year of anti-virus. With my 200 gift card I will receive, which will pay for my monitor, I essentially got my set up for $899, plus tax Ö so I feel itís very good value.

The only thing I paid a little too much more was my speaker system Ö I could have saved about 30 bucks had I bought it on Amazon, but Iím not going to sweat it Ö I got very good value on the whole set up.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11648 Sep 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On and off messed it up do bad I couldn't get It to do more than whir
Finally took it apart so my SIL could shred the hard drive at his job ..
Have a win 7 laptops now..used to play age of Conquerors. I loved it .
Buy then THey shut down MSN ..so I quit games .....
I'm not a big fan of what I saw,of Win 8
Gave hubby my old XP laptop ..got SIL to add memory ..so it can work lol..
He turns it on may be once a,month .
I use my tablet more than comp ..
We have 3 laptops and 2 desk tops Ö they are just fine for surfing and word processing, but not any good for gaming. I use my iphone more than anything and my wife uses hers and her ipad (which was supposed to be both of ours, but itís the one thing she loves Ö so I just let her use it Ö I donít mind using my phone to read news, facebook, topix and what not)

I did not get Win 8. I went with Win 7. We have that on the kids laptop that they got for Christmas and like it just fine.

I am thinking it is a good thing Ballmer is getting bounced Ö pretty much every product launched during his tenure has been a disaster, except Windows 7, which was in response to the Vista debacle.

They have even messed up the new xbox one. Iím a loyal xbox 360 player (we have 3 of them and I also played the original xbox, not the playstation 2) and I have accounts for all my kids, but I am most likely switching to the new play station and so is everyone I know Ö just from a specs perspective, the new playstation is a bit better, it costs less, they have better exclusives, and they didnít have the PR nightmare that xbox one had, where basically they were trying to ram policies down everyoneís throats that no consumers wanted Ö they only relented after a fierce backlash. I really just want a gaming beast for a console, not a home entertainment hub, which is what Microsoft is aiming for. A lot of the Kinect stuff is cool for 5 minutes, but for gaming, itís pretty much worthless and while I could be wrong, I expect the same to be true for the new one that comes out.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11649 Sep 1, 2013
Good morning wonderful neighbors. Just stopping by to say hello. Have a great Sunday everyone.

:)

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Chula, GA

#11650 Sep 1, 2013
Good morning neighbors.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
much appreciated

I hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11651 Sep 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.I see That ..I used to play a DOS ?? Version called Apple TREK
it was really fun on an old Apple machine a friend sort of built ..
Never had an apple computer.
it was really fun on an old Apple machine a friend sort of built ..
Had an Atari also ..
I used to play DOS games too. By the time it was getting phased out I was better at DOS commands than my dad was!
Never had an apple computer.

Had the old school 2600 with the switches on it as a kid, tons and tons of games (my folks still have all of that stuff) and my dad had the 800, with a floppy, a cassette tape player (you could get games on cassette tapes back them, and cartridge games). I played all that stuff, but really loved all the Ultima games as a kid

I played Ultima online when it first came out, but that was when everyone had 56k internet connections and I got tired of internet issues, getting bounced from the game, then killed by someone or some monster because your character stayed in the game for a few minutes, even if you disconnected, and losing all my crap that I spent days and weeks accumulating Ö happened one too many times and I was like fí this stupid game.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was an older AGE fan ..I liked that type but have it up ..before AGE OF EMPIRES 3 came out a couple of years,ago.
I used to play all the age of empire games. I personally thought the last war craft RTS was the best RTS of all time, tho.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The graphics are so great now ..But Apple trek was fun because we had
To figure it out ..no paperwork
http://apple2history.org/wp-content/uploads/2...
Lol Now that is old tech
Yeah it is!
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Loved Conguerors though ...And a couple of similar gamed..But didn't much care for using IPs to play..
Watched kids play call of Duty ..
I never tried Conquerors. I love call of duty and so do my boys.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11652 Sep 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Rome Game looks,great ..I've been tempted to get The Age3 game but not sure it works,on 7 ''one of the upgrades,does ASIA I think ..
But I don't spend much time,sitting at comp...bothers my back ..But I'm tempted ..HAVE to ask SIL..
I could try it on the XP lap but it's,..Not that great ..Lol.
It's a great game. I highly recommend it. They usually have great expansions too. For the last rome game, that takes place after the empire had been split into and it was great. There also was one that was based on Alexander the Great, but I think that was a gamer who made that one ... lots of folks will mod the game and you can use their mods ... some of them are really good in their own right.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Age3 will work ... possibly. They are pretty dated now. I bet a XP lap would run it just fine.

I bet if you put an SSD HD in that XP lap, the difference in performance would be night and day too.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#11654 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Another lonely night for alpha. You poor thing.
lol
Morning everyone!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11655 Sep 1, 2013
Okay which neighbor would I take on this trip?

Level 8

Location hidden

#11659 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Road trip, road trip!

What trip?

Mornin!
Subs Lonely Boat

Milpitas, CA

#11661 Sep 1, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a great game. I highly recommend it. They usually have great expansions too. For the last rome game, that takes place after the empire had been split into and it was great. There also was one that was based on Alexander the Great, but I think that was a gamer who made that one ... lots of folks will mod the game and you can use their mods ... some of them are really good in their own right.
Yeah, I'm not sure if Age3 will work ... possibly. They are pretty dated now. I bet a XP lap would run it just fine.
I bet if you put an SSD HD in that XP lap, the difference in performance would be night and day too.
Stuff it already. It's Sunday morning. Nobody cares.
Sues Social Calendar

Milpitas, CA

#11662 Sep 1, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Good morning wonderful neighbors. Just stopping by to say hello. Have a great Sunday everyone.
:)
Off to another 2 hour b-b-q Dearie? Is that how long it takes you to stuff down 2 or 3 flame broiled Whoppers?
Super Sized It

Milpitas, CA

#11664 Sep 1, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
^Speaking of Whoppers.^

Level 7

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11665 Sep 1, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Naw...4 hours today and a mostly fullish day Monday.
My choice. I need the cash.
Don't work to hard!((HUGS))

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11666 Sep 1, 2013
Super Sized It wrote:
<quoted text>
^Speaking of Whoppers.^
you look lovely the opening of your shows.

Fright Nights been good to you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11667 Sep 1, 2013
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>
So since were talking about new systems....

I built this for less than 1k a year ago :)
Hi Rose.

I bought mine and didn't have to do shyte for $899, lololol.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>Intel Quad core (O/C'd of course)
What kind? I have the i7 4770, which is the very best chip Intel currently makes after the 4770k pretty much the only difference being mine and 4770k can be overclocked ... I don't rally need to overclock mine ... it's like putting nitrous on a F1 race car. It's got more than enough power ... if I want to splurge, I'll splurge on an even better GPU. I already have more than enough processing power.
CrunchyBacon wrote:
<quoted text>GTX 560 (nice mid tier high performance GPU)
In terms of your GPU, it's about 30% slower than mine.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php...

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11668 Sep 1, 2013
Troll wishes she could GPS me so bad!
Sorry butchie!
Barbis Missing Teeth

United States

#11669 Sep 1, 2013
Subs Lonely Boat wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody cares.
Just like you didn't care for us.
Crest

United States

#11671 Sep 1, 2013
Super Sized It wrote:
<quoted text>^Speaking of Whoppers.^
We have a new reality show coming out called Extreme Mouth Makeover and are wondering if you'd be interested in starring in episode 1.

We need some shock factor to drive ratings.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#11673 Sep 1, 2013
I love your new computer, Sublime!

Happy house hunting, Sue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big dawg 8 min COOTERDOG 589
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 18 min SLY WEST 2,663
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 20 min SLY WEST 838
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 36 min replaytime 117,364
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 58 min Grace Nerissa 43
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 36,601
Can you prove Santa isn't in the KFC chicken? 1 hr SLY WEST 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr SLY WEST 147,642
I Like..... (Mar '14) 4 hr SLY WEST 376
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr -Lea- 21,356