Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

MPk_Kid wrote:
Its good seeing how people here lend a hand, and neighbors helping neighbors. Saw the Cleaver kid earlier mowing and raking up the Nelson's front lawn.
Only found out a minute ago that Ward was punishing the Beaver for busting Ozzie's front window with a baseball, the day before yesterday.
I love this neighborhood!
Yeah but that trouble maker Eddie Haskel broke my window with a baseball then blamed it on the Beave, then ran off?

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
shhhhhh!
* not now we're doing the dishes*
NW's doing your dishes! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary Cherone. I bought the VH III album when it came out. Listened to it for maybe 2 days driving into work. Threw it out the window one evening driving the highway pissed off at my fave band...lol...waste of $20.
Hey I still give credit to DLR for being funny, guy says some whacked out stuff in interviews.
I think he's pulled himself back together somewhere but boy is it volatile when him and the VaHalen's get together! lol

I went to see them in the 80's at the height of their popularity, back when you had to go stand in line and camp out for tickets, well we waited a long time in a huge crowd to get tickets (there was a car parked there with a couple having sex and everyone was crowded around the car looking in lol) at the main office of Ticketmaster in Dallas, then came the time to release us down to some barricades for the actual line and they let us go, there was a stampede like the running of the bulls and that may be the reason they never did that again, but a riot damn near broke out, there were people on top of cars parked down there, people knocking over trash cans, etc. They brought in helicopters and police, lol. Anyway I got my tickets and boy can I tell you another story about that concert! lol

But it was a great concert with Roth on the mic!

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>NW's doing your dishes! lol
He's pretty danged cute!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Hello neighbors!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's pulled himself back together somewhere but boy is it volatile when him and the VaHalen's get together! lol
I went to see them in the 80's at the height of their popularity, back when you had to go stand in line and camp out for tickets, well we waited a long time in a huge crowd to get tickets (there was a car parked there with a couple having sex and everyone was crowded around the car looking in lol) at the main office of Ticketmaster in Dallas, then came the time to release us down to some barricades for the actual line and they let us go, there was a stampede like the running of the bulls and that may be the reason they never did that again, but a riot damn near broke out, there were people on top of cars parked down there, people knocking over trash cans, etc. They brought in helicopters and police, lol. Anyway I got my tickets and boy can I tell you another story about that concert! lol
VH was better when DLR, was in his prime. They were okay with SH, but not as good. Problem is DLR can't sing like he used to. Also, really they haven't put out a good album in years. The last one that was any good was when I was in high school and was For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. I used to listen to it all the time on my portable CD player to and fro school on the bus. That and Nirvana.

Mornin', everyone!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Jane's Addiction - The good ol days.
:)

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Good morning wonderful neighbors. It's another manic Monday!

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Thanks for the prop Ricky.

<3

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Jane's Addiction - The good ol days.
:)
All great bands!

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Hey Ricky!
-Kevin-

Nitro, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

I almost went to a Jane's concert last Sunday.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

-Kevin- wrote:
I almost went to a Jane's concert last Sunday.
They still put on a great show!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
Thanks for the prop Ricky.
<3
You can repay me later!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You can repay me later!
Heh, heh, I already spent all your money.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh, heh, I already spent all your money.
Whatever happened to the cookie monster? lol

Speaking of I LOVE oatmeal cookies!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's pulled himself back together somewhere but boy is it volatile when him and the VaHalen's get together! lol
Lucky you. I saw them in 95 and it was a great concert at the Molson Ampitheater in Toronto, but the 80s were the 80s....audiences more rowdy back them plus it was the VH classic original sound, you must have had tonnes of fun.
-Kevin-

Nitro, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever happened to the cookie monster? lol
Speaking of I LOVE oatmeal cookies!
The politically correct police showed up.

"Showing awareness of healthy eating habits for children, since 2006 he has said that cookies are "a sometime snack" and that he also likes fruits and eggplant."

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
VH was better when DLR, was in his prime. They were okay with SH, but not as good. Problem is DLR can't sing like he used to. Also, really they haven't put out a good album in years. The last one that was any good was when I was in high school and was For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. I used to listen to it all the time on my portable CD player to and fro school on the bus. That and Nirvana.
Mornin', everyone!
They had lots great tunes with Sammy, but it was a more polished sound on the albums, more commercial. I agree with you on that album though, great playing from Eddie plus Alex had Andy Johns(sound engineer, worked with Led Zep) help him with getting a big drum sound in the studio.

Anyways, I can ramble on all day about VH, time to grow up..lol....best band ever out of the US for sure, argubly the best rock band ever to many people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

161 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
You Know You're In Love When... (Sep '12) 3 min Spirit67_ 37
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Sublime1 15,102
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min mary 141,397
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 4 min Spirit67_ 1,457
Word Association (Mar '10) 21 min Bezeer 15,717
Iraq Vet's 'Therapy Ducks' Run Afoul of Law, Oh... 22 min Laura Jones-Bedel 1
Man run over by own truck during road rage 23 min _Word_Woman_ 13
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 24 min dragoon70056 15,631
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 42 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 34,984