“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#10696 Aug 26, 2013
MPk_Kid wrote:
Its good seeing how people here lend a hand, and neighbors helping neighbors. Saw the Cleaver kid earlier mowing and raking up the Nelson's front lawn.
Only found out a minute ago that Ward was punishing the Beaver for busting Ozzie's front window with a baseball, the day before yesterday.
I love this neighborhood!
Yeah but that trouble maker Eddie Haskel broke my window with a baseball then blamed it on the Beave, then ran off?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#10697 Aug 26, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
shhhhhh!
* not now we're doing the dishes*
NW's doing your dishes! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#10698 Aug 26, 2013
Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary Cherone. I bought the VH III album when it came out. Listened to it for maybe 2 days driving into work. Threw it out the window one evening driving the highway pissed off at my fave band...lol...waste of $20.
Hey I still give credit to DLR for being funny, guy says some whacked out stuff in interviews.
I think he's pulled himself back together somewhere but boy is it volatile when him and the VaHalen's get together! lol

I went to see them in the 80's at the height of their popularity, back when you had to go stand in line and camp out for tickets, well we waited a long time in a huge crowd to get tickets (there was a car parked there with a couple having sex and everyone was crowded around the car looking in lol) at the main office of Ticketmaster in Dallas, then came the time to release us down to some barricades for the actual line and they let us go, there was a stampede like the running of the bulls and that may be the reason they never did that again, but a riot damn near broke out, there were people on top of cars parked down there, people knocking over trash cans, etc. They brought in helicopters and police, lol. Anyway I got my tickets and boy can I tell you another story about that concert! lol

But it was a great concert with Roth on the mic!

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#10699 Aug 26, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>NW's doing your dishes! lol
He's pretty danged cute!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#10700 Aug 26, 2013
Hello neighbors!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10701 Aug 26, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's pulled himself back together somewhere but boy is it volatile when him and the VaHalen's get together! lol
I went to see them in the 80's at the height of their popularity, back when you had to go stand in line and camp out for tickets, well we waited a long time in a huge crowd to get tickets (there was a car parked there with a couple having sex and everyone was crowded around the car looking in lol) at the main office of Ticketmaster in Dallas, then came the time to release us down to some barricades for the actual line and they let us go, there was a stampede like the running of the bulls and that may be the reason they never did that again, but a riot damn near broke out, there were people on top of cars parked down there, people knocking over trash cans, etc. They brought in helicopters and police, lol. Anyway I got my tickets and boy can I tell you another story about that concert! lol
VH was better when DLR, was in his prime. They were okay with SH, but not as good. Problem is DLR can't sing like he used to. Also, really they haven't put out a good album in years. The last one that was any good was when I was in high school and was For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. I used to listen to it all the time on my portable CD player to and fro school on the bus. That and Nirvana.

Mornin', everyone!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#10702 Aug 26, 2013
Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Jane's Addiction - The good ol days.
:)

Level 9

Location hidden

#10703 Aug 26, 2013
Good morning wonderful neighbors. It's another manic Monday!

Level 9

Location hidden

#10704 Aug 26, 2013
Thanks for the prop Ricky.

<3

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#10705 Aug 26, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Jane's Addiction - The good ol days.
:)
All great bands!

Level 9

Location hidden

#10706 Aug 26, 2013
Hey Ricky!
-Kevin-

Marietta, OH

#10707 Aug 26, 2013
I almost went to a Jane's concert last Sunday.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#10709 Aug 26, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
I almost went to a Jane's concert last Sunday.
They still put on a great show!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#10710 Aug 26, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Thanks for the prop Ricky.
<3
You can repay me later!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#10711 Aug 26, 2013

Level 9

Location hidden

#10714 Aug 26, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You can repay me later!
Heh, heh, I already spent all your money.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#10715 Aug 26, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh, heh, I already spent all your money.
Whatever happened to the cookie monster? lol

Speaking of I LOVE oatmeal cookies!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#10717 Aug 26, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's pulled himself back together somewhere but boy is it volatile when him and the VaHalen's get together! lol
Lucky you. I saw them in 95 and it was a great concert at the Molson Ampitheater in Toronto, but the 80s were the 80s....audiences more rowdy back them plus it was the VH classic original sound, you must have had tonnes of fun.
-Kevin-

Marietta, OH

#10718 Aug 26, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever happened to the cookie monster? lol
Speaking of I LOVE oatmeal cookies!
The politically correct police showed up.

"Showing awareness of healthy eating habits for children, since 2006 he has said that cookies are "a sometime snack" and that he also likes fruits and eggplant."

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#10719 Aug 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
VH was better when DLR, was in his prime. They were okay with SH, but not as good. Problem is DLR can't sing like he used to. Also, really they haven't put out a good album in years. The last one that was any good was when I was in high school and was For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. I used to listen to it all the time on my portable CD player to and fro school on the bus. That and Nirvana.
Mornin', everyone!
They had lots great tunes with Sammy, but it was a more polished sound on the albums, more commercial. I agree with you on that album though, great playing from Eddie plus Alex had Andy Johns(sound engineer, worked with Led Zep) help him with getting a big drum sound in the studio.

Anyways, I can ramble on all day about VH, time to grow up..lol....best band ever out of the US for sure, argubly the best rock band ever to many people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"BEWARE of ISIS!" 7 min Grace Nerissa 20
Do Muslim women partake in pre-marital anal sex... (Jul '12) 8 min Tiro 51
Reporter Quits in Vulgar Fashion 10 min AppHappy 4
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min ChristineM 116,833
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 15 min Grace Nerissa 29,425
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Wolftracks 147,048
Alaska TV reporter uses obscenity, quits on air... 28 min Emerald 2
Woman Adds 3rd Breast to Make Herself 'Unattrac... 1 hr Spotted Girl 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Petal Power 36,522
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr Hoosier daddy 20,616