There goes the neighborhood!

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6404 Jul 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been resting it and I’m not going to start up again until I stop feeling pain in it. It is still not healed all the way. It is a really nagging injury.
I just like to push myself and continuously improve. It’s just how I am. It’s not about how I stack up against others … I like to compete against myself to improve. Harder, faster, stronger. I track myself and my stats. Continual improvement is what keeps me going. The human body is a pretty cool machine … the more you work it the better it gets.
I’m probably not as big as your husband. I am more naturally just pretty well built. I have 17 inch biceps and a horseshoe, even without working out, and my arms are pretty lean. So, I’m lucky in that I don’t really have to work out for purposes of muscle mass, but at the same time I’m not like a muscle bound gym rat.
My wife actually doesn’t like it when I build too much muscle, either … especially when my traps get too big. She just doesn’t like it. So when I am training, I train just as hard on cardio as I do for lifting. I have come to really enjoy running, which is odd because I hated running in high school. I have always been a decent runner, I guess, and could run a mile in the upper 5s, without training for distance running, in high school, but I just didn’t enjoy it. I thought folks who went out for track and field were masochists. Now I love it.
Glad to hear that your taking a break to heal. When we are young we don't realize the wear and tear that we put on our bodies. We will regret it when we get older.
I couldn't tell you how big my hubby's triceps are. I never thought of asking or even measuring. He's been working out since he was in his 20's. 10 or so years ago, he was doing curls with the straight bar with a lot of weight. He leaned back and then bounced the bar up and it collapsed L4 into L5 of his spine. It immediately paralyzed his right side. I personally think he was showing off. After two years of seeing doctors he was cleared to light lift. He lost all the muscle mass. But once back in the gym the muscles immediately came back, muscle memory. Now he's back into heavy lifting and is more careful. The doctors says that his spine is so full of arthritis but he doesn't feel it because of the muscle that is now surrounding/encasing the spine. I wouldn't call him a gym rat. We can't stand those kind.(lol) His job provides a state of the art facility and they want guys like him to stay fit. His job is to body guard federal court judges. So they want him in tip top shape.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#6405 Jul 25, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
So all I really want to know ...is what song the ...band of turkeys were playing? What kind of band were they? Rock? Blues? New age?
Was the lead turkey to die for?
How long did they play?
Were the bees dancing to any of it?
Oh my. LOL. No, I'm afraid it was a little simpler than that. There were three bumble bees Hanging around the flowers. And there was a little band of turkeys hanging out on the lawn. You know Thanksgiving turkeys.

I like your version better.
:D
Good morning everybody

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6406 Jul 25, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> http://youtu.be/PEPoO08IMog Check out this woman throwing a tantrum
Did you forget the olive in her martini?

The link didn't work.

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#6407 Jul 25, 2013
GOOD MORNING NEIGHBORS and have a great day :)

Level 5

Location hidden

#6408 Jul 25, 2013
Good Morning Everyone!

We are tracking a tropical storm Dorian. I have planned a sunrise to sunset ride for august 3-4th, by motorcycle. I've got 30 members going. Hotels are booked, reservations are made. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN!!!(SCREAM!!!):(

Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes north west and heads back out into the Atlantic.

But, I should have known better to plan a trip like this during hurricane season.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6409 Jul 25, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOLOL
This is what we're presently discussing:
"Here's my current take on the whole free will vs. omniscience thing; feel free to tear it apart:
Even in the absence of a precise definition of "free will" we can at least argue about what free will implies. Let's suppose that today I am thinking about whether to wear a white shirt to work tomorrow, and that I have not yet made up my mind. My limited understanding of free will suggests that there must be two possible futures: one in which I decide to wear the white shirt, and one in which I do not.
Define F to stand for the statement "I have free will" and W to stand for "I will decide to wear the white shirt". Then you've got the following premise, based on the above:
(P1) F => (pos W) and (pos ¬W)
where "X => Y" means "if X, it follows that Y", "pos" is short for "possibly" and "¬" denotes "it is not the case that...".
OK, now for omniscience. Any omniscient being knows the truth-value of every well-formed statement and does not believe anything self-contradictory. Anything an omniscient being believes is true. Anything it does not believe is false.
Let P denote the statement "an omniscient being knows I will decide to wear the white shirt", Q denote "an omniscient being knows I will not decide to wear the white shirt", and O denote "an omniscient being exists". From the definition of omniscience above, you get the following premises:
(P2) P => ¬pos ¬W
(P3) Q => ¬pos W
(P4) O => P or Q
Now it's a simple matter of letting the logical machinery do its work:
(C1) O => (¬pos ¬W) or (¬pos W), from (P2),(P3) and (P4)
(C2)(pos ¬W) and (pos W)=> ¬O, from (C1)
(C3) F => ¬O, from (P1) and (C2)
(C4)¬(F and O), from (C3)
There you have it, in (C4). It is not the case that I have free will and an omniscient being exists. Discuss."
WOW Susan! That's some pretty interesting stuff. Either it's too early for me or I haven't had enough coffee in my system to understand it. Hope you have a good day.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6410 Jul 25, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
Good Morning Everyone!
We are tracking a tropical storm Dorian. I have planned a sunrise to sunset ride for august 3-4th, by motorcycle. I've got 30 members going. Hotels are booked, reservations are made. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN!!!(SCREAM!!!):(
Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes north west and heads back out into the Atlantic.
But, I should have known better to plan a trip like this during hurricane season.
meant to say North East.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6411 Jul 25, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget the olive in her martini?
The link didn't work.
It looks like it is blue in your reply so that should work :)

Level 5

Location hidden

#6412 Jul 25, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> http://youtu.be/PEPoO08IMog Check out this woman throwing a tantrum
OMG!! He was so calm! Watching the video, I wanted to smack her! lol
She was acting like a 10 year old. Geeeze Louise...

Level 9

Location hidden

#6413 Jul 25, 2013
Good morning lovely and helpful neighbors. Hope you're all well. Have a busy day today so I'll catch up with all of you later.

Thanks for the tea Denny.

:)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6414 Jul 25, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like it is blue in your reply so that should work :)
OMG. It didn't work until I copied it into the browser. What the hell-o is wrong with her? I've heard of people like this. I;ve heard ONE at least. LMAO...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#6415 Jul 25, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
I don't know..I tend to agree with her. She just wanted to go on the lake. He was being a real jerk. Ask my wasband how many days I just wanted to go to the lake...just to hang out..while he laid about on the couch watching sports all weekend. Better yet..ask one of my children how they feel about never going anywhere as a family.

Careful...some of the answers are going to be real bitter like.

But...no doubt..I had to watch that real close to see if it was my daughter. She is a sensational fit/tantrum thrower. Me...I just get dark as night and plot!

Have a grate day, Denny

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#6416 Jul 25, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. LOL. No, I'm afraid it was a little simpler than that. There were three bumble bees Hanging around the flowers. And there was a little band of turkeys hanging out on the lawn. You know Thanksgiving turkeys.
I like your version better.
Good morning everybody
~laughs~ Thought that would tickle you. Did good!

Thank all the Gods, you have bumble bees. No matter how they swing to a band of turkeys. Even if their band name is Thanksgiving.~winks~

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#6417 Jul 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how he was quite desperate to find any excuse to work in "I wanna send a picture of my privates to you," in this conversation. That wasn't odd or anything...
Anthony Weiner is posting on Topix? Crazy...

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6418 Jul 25, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
~laughs~ Thought that would tickle you. Did good!
Thank all the Gods, you have bumble bees. No matter how they swing to a band of turkeys. Even if their band name is Thanksgiving.~winks~
LMSO!!! I love the visual I can create, thank you so much for a morning laugh!!!!

Hahaha hahaha!!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6419 Jul 25, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!! He was so calm! Watching the video, I wanted to smack her! lol
She was acting like a 10 year old. Geeeze Louise...
Can you believe the hell a marriage must have been with a woman like that :)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6420 Jul 25, 2013
YO NEIGHBOR

Ya THINK you COULD... CUT...THOSE...FREAKIN' TREE LIMBS..AT...ANOTHER...TIME???

LIKE NOT at SIX...in the FREAKIN' Moooooorning????

CONTROL FREAKS 101...;)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6421 Jul 25, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe the hell a marriage must have been with a woman like that :)
This is a good subject. Sorry for cutting in on your response.

This is an excellent topic.
Bit Twiddler

Rolling Meadows, IL

#6422 Jul 25, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOLOL
This is what we're presently discussing:
"Here's my current take on the whole free will vs. omniscience thing; feel free to tear it apart:
Even in the absence of a precise definition of "free will" we can at least argue about what free will implies. Let's suppose that today I am thinking about whether to wear a white shirt to work tomorrow, and that I have not yet made up my mind. My limited understanding of free will suggests that there must be two possible futures: one in which I decide to wear the white shirt, and one in which I do not.
Define F to stand for the statement "I have free will" and W to stand for "I will decide to wear the white shirt". Then you've got the following premise, based on the above:
(P1) F => (pos W) and (pos ¬W)
where "X => Y" means "if X, it follows that Y", "pos" is short for "possibly" and "¬" denotes "it is not the case that...".
OK, now for omniscience. Any omniscient being knows the truth-value of every well-formed statement and does not believe anything self-contradictory. Anything an omniscient being believes is true. Anything it does not believe is false.
Let P denote the statement "an omniscient being knows I will decide to wear the white shirt", Q denote "an omniscient being knows I will not decide to wear the white shirt", and O denote "an omniscient being exists". From the definition of omniscience above, you get the following premises:
(P2) P => ¬pos ¬W
(P3) Q => ¬pos W
(P4) O => P or Q
Now it's a simple matter of letting the logical machinery do its work:
(C1) O => (¬pos ¬W) or (¬pos W), from (P2),(P3) and (P4)
(C2)(pos ¬W) and (pos W)=> ¬O, from (C1)
(C3) F => ¬O, from (P1) and (C2)
(C4)¬(F and O), from (C3)
There you have it, in (C4). It is not the case that I have free will and an omniscient being exists. Discuss."
Well, THIS^^^ seems familiar! Any lawyers about? This was stolen from me!!

Level 5

Location hidden

#6423 Jul 25, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe the hell a marriage must have been with a woman like that :)
No I can't imagine!!!! lol He's a better person than I. I can't deal with people like that. I just don't have the patience for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min blackheart___ 197,617
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min Grace Nerissa 35,896
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min Blitzking 205,067
One Word (Jan '09) 27 min Bezeer 17,113
Word Association (Mar '10) 28 min Bezeer 21,117
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 40 min revilot2 5,184
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 19,833
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr former smoker 33,254
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Northbound 59,844
News Couple claims dog murdered over Clinton sign 5 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 42
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 8 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 8,858
More from around the web