There goes the neighborhood!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6368 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash (two words incidentally) you care to back that up with something or is the word of a blow hard like yourself acceptable?
The British tourism agency has reported that the royal family generates close to 500 million pounds, or about $767 million, every year in tourism revenue, drawing visitors to historic royal sites like the Tower of London, Windsor Castle, and Buckingham Palace. The country's tourism agency says that of the 30 million foreign visitors who came to Britain in 2010, 5.8 million visited a castle .
Tourism is the third-biggest industry in the U.K., the tourism board claims, and supports about 2.6 million jobs -- or about one in 12.
Hey, dumb dumb, I went to the Tower of London when I was in London and i can assure you that it had nothing to do with whether there currently was a sitting monarch ... just like I would go see all the castles on teh romantic road if given an opportunity, even tho there is no sitting monarch in Germany ... just like I've visited many of the ruins in rome, even tho, their is no roman emperor or republic.

So, to say that you need a sitting monarch and need to support them with taxes so that people will visit these very interesting historical places is disingenuous. People would visit these things regardless whether the monarchy exists or not is completely irrelevant.

Now, if you said millions of folks pay a ton of money to visit the Queen of England and have an audience with her, you might have a point, but no one is meeting royalty when they go to these places, rather they are visiting historical places.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6369 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
I don't have time to wait while you to google your answers, tiny.
There is nothing to google. You haven't presented a compelling argument that maintaining the monarchy has any relation to tourism.

99.99999999999999% folks are like me ... they are going to see the Tower of London regardless of whether there is a royal family still around.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#6370 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
Hey fatty you pass out on me?
Get on those judge it's like I ordered you.
Is there a "thorn" stuck in your, rosey palm?

Level 8

Location hidden

#6371 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tell him to name the time and place, Pepe?
You guys are the ones who do that, but you only do that with Kevin. You're scared of me. I am rather Bond-like, after all.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6373 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
Similarly, the royal family acts as a sort of charismatic megafauna for the entire royalty-tourism ecosystem.
BWahahahahahahaha.

Do not confuse charisma with title and status.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6375 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
Oh little fella, point out where I said or implied I'm enthralled by the royal family.
All I did was prove you're an idiot liar on the subject.
Your actions show that you are rather passionate about the subject. Sheesh, I've never met a guy who was so fanatical about the royal family! DI bet you just love Barbara Streisand too! ROFLMAO!!!!

You didn't prove anything. According to your rational, fewer folks visit the roman ruins because there is no roman emperor and more folks would visit the castles in Germany if there was a monarchy.
Really wrote:
Which ties in nicely with me pointing out you are a full of shit braggart who thinks being compared to a fictional character is a compliment.
I'd say being compared to James Bond isn't so bad. Now if it was Quasimodo, you might have a point. You suck at insults, and you don't even know it. I can't believe I have to teach you this shyte. I should charge you $$ to teach you how to troll better.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6377 Jul 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
BWahahahahahahaha.
Do not confuse charisma with title and status.
I think he's flirting with you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6378 Jul 24, 2013
I guess when someone says someone is built like the Hulk, it's an insult, because comparing someone to fictional characters is an insult. Just ask the really intelligent trolls on here!!!!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6379 Jul 24, 2013
Topix victory? lol

Level 8

Location hidden

#6382 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical dumb tea bagger argues himself into a corner, eats shit, then claims topix victory
Oh, yes, clearly your your logic much better. I goes like this:

There is a Queen and folks visit England; therefore it must be the Queen who causes folks to visit England.

Applying your logic to me:

There is ME and folks visit America; therefore it must be ME who causes folks to visit America.

I'm so very impressed with your compelling logic. Powerful...

Level 8

Location hidden

#6385 Jul 24, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's flirting with you.
I know. I can only imagine if I were a prince.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6389 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
And to think I heard the little fella was somewhat intelligent.
And to know no one's ever heard from anyone that you were somewhat intelligent.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6393 Jul 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are green with envy about a comic book character too.
Sounds like you wanna avoid the fact that your logic that comparing someone to a fictional character, especially a cool one like james bond, is an insult is flawed.

Dude, why don't you just admit it ... I'm your idol. I'm really flattered. I had no idea I was so cool. Go me!!!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6394 Jul 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I can only imagine if I were a prince.
I imagine he must paint the town red thinking of Prince.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6395 Jul 24, 2013
Gee, that guy is awfully defensive about the prince comment. I wonder why? It musta hit close to home.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6396 Jul 24, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>I imagine he must paint the town red thinking of Prince.
Notice how he was quite desperate to find any excuse to work in "I wanna send a picture of my privates to you," in this conversation. That wasn't odd or anything...

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6397 Jul 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how he was quite desperate to find any excuse to work in "I wanna send a picture of my privates to you," in this conversation. That wasn't odd or anything...
Don't understand any of the greyboxes. That was odd. And he wanted to send them to you.
:D

Level 9

Location hidden

#6398 Jul 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL, Sue ... I'm not sure how I should say this ... so let me just be honest:
I'm sure they are REALLY swell interesting folks, but those scientists have nothing on us when it comes to being challenging and thought provoking.
Case in point ... check out these cliff diving monkeys:
http://news.yahoo.com/video/awesome-monkeys-c...
I bet your scientist friends don't know jack about cliff diving monkeys and have never even heard of a cliff diving monkey!!!1!!
We can also discuss other challenging and thought provoking subjects, like cats chasing laser lights.
But we aren't just limited to animals and their antics. Nope, not here. We discuss many at various times discuss other challenging and thought provoking subjects, included, but not limited to, hockey, football, fishing, beer drinking, using tools to fix a wide variety of things that are broke, and much, much more.
:p
LOLOLOLOL

This is what we're presently discussing:

"Here's my current take on the whole free will vs. omniscience thing; feel free to tear it apart:

Even in the absence of a precise definition of "free will" we can at least argue about what free will implies. Let's suppose that today I am thinking about whether to wear a white shirt to work tomorrow, and that I have not yet made up my mind. My limited understanding of free will suggests that there must be two possible futures: one in which I decide to wear the white shirt, and one in which I do not.

Define F to stand for the statement "I have free will" and W to stand for "I will decide to wear the white shirt". Then you've got the following premise, based on the above:

(P1) F => (pos W) and (pos W)

where "X => Y" means "if X, it follows that Y", "pos" is short for "possibly" and "" denotes "it is not the case that...".

OK, now for omniscience. Any omniscient being knows the truth-value of every well-formed statement and does not believe anything self-contradictory. Anything an omniscient being believes is true. Anything it does not believe is false.

Let P denote the statement "an omniscient being knows I will decide to wear the white shirt", Q denote "an omniscient being knows I will not decide to wear the white shirt", and O denote "an omniscient being exists". From the definition of omniscience above, you get the following premises:

(P2) P => pos W
(P3) Q => pos W
(P4) O => P or Q

Now it's a simple matter of letting the logical machinery do its work:

(C1) O => (pos W) or (pos W), from (P2),(P3) and (P4)
(C2)(pos W) and (pos W)=> O, from (C1)
(C3) F => O, from (P1) and (C2)
(C4)(F and O), from (C3)

There you have it, in (C4). It is not the case that I have free will and an omniscient being exists. Discuss."

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#6402 Jul 25, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Good morning everybody!
It is 0600 in California.
The bee's are awake and bumbling and there's literally a band of turkeys in the front yard.
:D
So all I really want to know ...is what song the ...band of turkeys were playing? What kind of band were they? Rock? Blues? New age?

Was the lead turkey to die for?

How long did they play?

Were the bees dancing to any of it?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6403 Jul 25, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
So all I really want to know ...is what song the ...band of turkeys were playing? What kind of band were they? Rock? Blues? New age?
Was the lead turkey to die for?
How long did they play?
Were the bees dancing to any of it?
http://youtu.be/PEPoO08IMog Check out this woman throwing a tantrum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 5 min Mr_FX 1,709
Movies watched more than once 6 min Wolftracks 29
letter H 6 min Mr_FX 53
Add a Word, Drop a Panty game 8 min andet1987 359
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 10 min Mr_FX 56,947
News 'Father' Marries His 'Son' 13 min Spotted Girl 24
News Texas waiter fired after racist remarks show up... 13 min flbadcatowner 26
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 15 min Wolftracks 111
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 20 min Hoosier Hillbilly 729
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 23 min Designated Driver 40,831