Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, lol!
Your poor sister.
She also had a really serious bf when she was 15-16. He had recently moved to our hometown from the South and was redneck as all hell, but she was head over heels for him. His folks got married, I think at the age of 13 or some ridiculous age and were already pushing marriage on them.

My parents were like, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that! They sent her clear across the country to Arizona to live with my grandma for a year and to Catholic school, lol. That cooled of that relationship real quick.

She's my folks only daughter. So she was treated differently than us, for sure.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>As for the Evolution and atheist forums, I agree many of the exchanges are circular, but I have a large group of interesting posters on those forums and we discuss all manner of things. Many of them are scientists so the discussions are quite challenging and thought provoking.
WELL, Sue ... I'm not sure how I should say this ... so let me just be honest:

I'm sure they are REALLY swell interesting folks, but those scientists have nothing on us when it comes to being challenging and thought provoking.

Case in point ... check out these cliff diving monkeys:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/awesome-monkeys-c...

I bet your scientist friends don't know jack about cliff diving monkeys and have never even heard of a cliff diving monkey!!!1!!

We can also discuss other challenging and thought provoking subjects, like cats chasing laser lights.

But we aren't just limited to animals and their antics. Nope, not here. We discuss many at various times discuss other challenging and thought provoking subjects, included, but not limited to, hockey, football, fishing, beer drinking, using tools to fix a wide variety of things that are broke, and much, much more.

:p

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She also had a really serious bf when she was 15-16. He had recently moved to our hometown from the South and was redneck as all hell, but she was head over heels for him. His folks got married, I think at the age of 13 or some ridiculous age and were already pushing marriage on them.
My parents were like, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that! They sent her clear across the country to Arizona to live with my grandma for a year and to Catholic school, lol. That cooled of that relationship real quick.
She's my folks only daughter. So she was treated differently than us, for sure.
Wow! That is young. And they were probably totally in love! Good plan that they sent her away.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

BTW, ITA agree with you about the British Royalty.

If I were a British taxpayer, I would find it offensive that a small group of folks who do almost nothing productive with their lives gets to live in opulence on taxpayers dime.

Heck, give me a bunch of castles, servants, airplanes, etc. on taxpayers dime and nothing to do with my life and I too would bear the immense burden of finding a couple days a year to go fly to Africa, stay in a 5 star resort, with my servants, and take day trips for photo ops with starving African children.

I would also forgo a few days vacation a year so that I could bear the immense burden of filming PSA's encouraging folks who actually work for a living to do more to help any number of causes that I find noble, as I just sit on my butt and do nothing to earn a living to help such causes myself.

I also don't draw comparisons to compare a useless figure head to Kennedy, who was elected the President of the United States and received compensation accordingly. The Kennedy family also didn't make their money or support their lifestyle on the backs of taxpayers (it was made during prohibition, according to my understanding), like the British Royalty does.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Good plan that they sent her away.
I think so too.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

And British dental care sucks, truly.

:D

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
If I were a British taxpayer, I would find it offensive that a small group of folks who do almost nothing productive with their lives gets to live in opulence on taxpayers dime.
Heck, give me a bunch of castles, servants, airplanes, etc. on taxpayers dime and nothing to do with my life and I too would bear the immense burden of finding a couple days a year to go fly to Africa, stay in a 5 star resort, with my servants, and take day trips for photo ops with starving African children.
I would also forgo a few days vacation a year so that I could bear the immense burden of filming PSA's encouraging folks who actually work for a living to do more to help any number of causes that I find noble, as I just sit on my butt and do nothing to earn a living to help such causes myself.
I also don't draw comparisons to compare a useless figure head to Kennedy, who was elected the President of the United States and received compensation accordingly. The Kennedy family also didn't make their money or support their lifestyle on the backs of taxpayers (it was made during prohibition, according to my understanding), like the British Royalty does.
Then it's a good thing you aren't British. I suppose that everyone thinks their particular way of life is the best--otherwise WHY would you live that way. So if the people of the British Isles and the other members of the commonwealth want to party in the streets because a baby was born--more friggin' power to them. It's THEIR country.

If we want to party in the streets because a certain member of a political party won--sobeit--it's OUR country.

I cast no stones, because it's their system, Rock on. So a hearty Good show, pip pip, cheerios and froot loops to them.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so too.
I remember going to Canada for Christmas when I was 17, and how hard I cried at leaving my boyfriend for two whole weeks. They thought I was going to die of a broken heart.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Really

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
You're offended because you are a stupid tea bag dk that doesn't know what you are talking about.
You should stick to impressing the fat old ladies with your bullshit stories of your James Bond life.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Then it's a good thing you aren't British. I suppose that everyone thinks their particular way of life is the best--otherwise WHY would you live that way. So if the people of the British Isles and the other members of the commonwealth want to party in the streets because a baby was born--more friggin' power to them. It's THEIR country.
If we want to party in the streets because a certain member of a political party won--sobeit--it's OUR country.
I cast no stones, because it's their system, Rock on. So a hearty Good show, pip pip, cheerios and froot loops to them.
Whoa!!!! I'm not casting any stones. I also never said it wasnít their right to make their own choices, and I donít judge them adversely for it either. I also donít resent the British Monarchy for the lifestyle they live. If I were one of them, I would shamefully live the same way. Thatís the system they have, after all.

I simply said if I were a British taxpayer, I would not be one to support it (there are some over there who call for it to be abolished). The thought of some coal miner (or pretty much anyone who contributes to society via labor) busting his hump in a mine and paying taxes in part so Prince Charles can live in opulence and go skiing in the alps would not sit well with me.

The only argument Iíve ever heard in support of the monarchy is tradition. Continuation of a very costly tradition that provides little to no tangible benefit doesnít cut it for me, on a purely logical level. Youíd have to give me more than that. There are costs involved and that money could be spent in more productive ways and ways that help British society, overall and not just a very small group of privileged folks.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>I remember going to Canada for Christmas when I was 17, and how hard I cried at leaving my boyfriend for two whole weeks. They thought I was going to die of a broken heart.
Bambi and I were apart for my first year of college.

It is hard to be apart from someone you love, but it makes the reunion that much better ... that lusting sensation you get when you finally are reunited and together is one of the best things life has to offer, IMO ... the feeling of wanting to wanna rip each others clothes off the second you lay eyes on each other is passion at its finest.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

See that's sweet! We weren't doing that though. You married her and I broke up with mine because I realized it wasn't going to last. He went on to be very successful.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bambi and I were apart for my first year of college.
It is hard to be apart from someone you love, but it makes the reunion that much better ... that lusting sensation you get when you finally are reunited and together is one of the best things life has to offer, IMO ... the feeling of wanting to wanna rip each others clothes off the second you lay eyes on each other is passion at its finest.
Really

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Stored wrote:
<quoted text>In the I Don't Give A Sh!t file.
How can any one person type so much about themselves?
Tiny fellas have to expend a lot of energy propping up their little egos.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa!!!! I'm not casting any stones. I also never said it wasn’t their right to make their own choices, and I don’t judge them adversely for it either. I also don’t resent the British Monarchy for the lifestyle they live. If I were one of them, I would shamefully live the same way. That’s the system they have, after all.

I simply said if I were a British taxpayer, I would not be one to support it (there are some over there who call for it to be abolished). The thought of some coal miner (or pretty much anyone who contributes to society via labor) busting his hump in a mine and paying taxes in part so Prince Charles can live in opulence and go skiing in the alps would not sit well with me.

The only argument I’ve ever heard in support of the monarchy is tradition. Continuation of a very costly tradition that provides little to no tangible benefit doesn’t cut it for me, on a purely logical level. You’d have to give me more than that. There are costs involved and that money could be spent in more productive ways and ways that help British society, overall and not just a very small group of privileged folks.
Unshamefully live the same way, I meant.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stick to impressing the fat old ladies with your bullshit stories of your James Bond life.
ROFLMAO!!! This guy thinks my life stories are on par with James Bond. I had no idea I was such an exciting guy!!!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa!!!! I'm not casting any stones. I also never said it wasnít their right to make their own choices, and I donít judge them adversely for it either. I also donít resent the British Monarchy for the lifestyle they live. If I were one of them, I would shamefully live the same way. Thatís the system they have, after all.
The only argument Iíve ever heard in support of the monarchy is tradition. Continuation of a very costly tradition that provides little to no tangible benefit doesnít cut it for me, on a purely logical level. Youíd have to give me more than that. There are costs involved and that money could be spent in more productive ways and ways that help British society, overall and not just a very small group of privileged folks.
Like I said, then it's a good thing you aren't...LOL. I just find it amusing that people who have a cursory idea of a certain lifestyle, experience, or whatever (and not you, but anyone) seem like they're the ones that "I could NEVER live like that" "That's just wrong" or whatever.....

As you say, there are some who call for the abolition of the monarchy--and if they're British, then I have no problem with it.

I'm not sure that the British monarchy doesn't put money back into the public coffers. Look at the people they employ for housekeepers, wait staff, gardeners, groundskeepers, secretaries, and whatnot (ya gotta love whatnot) But that being said, this is much to serious a subject for Ricky's fun little thread.

So, I'm going to go see what Princess Sue has whipped up in the kitchen and get a refill of my sweet tea....

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublimes Number One Biggest Fan wrote:
<quoted text>In the I Don't Give A Sh!t file.
LMFAO ... The irony of this coming from some guy who invests so much of his life thinking about me, reading my every post, and responding to them only to be ignored 95% of the time, is quite profound.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>See that's sweet! We weren't doing that though. You married her and I broke up with mine because I realized it wasn't going to last. He went on to be very successful.
It's hard to know if it will last at that age, but I imagine you know what I am talking about.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
It costs the taxpayers about $1.50 (in us currency )per year.
But being you're a stupid tea bag dk I'm sure that's a lot of money for you.
The billions in tourism the royals bring in offset that by tenfold.
Newsflash, almost no one goes to Britain because of the royal family ... they may go to see the landmarks associated with the monarchy, but they would go see them regardless, just like folks go visit castles in Germany. It's not like the London Tower and Buckingham Castle and many of the other landmarks associated with the monarchy, both past and present, would be torn down if they got rid of the Monarchy and it's not like folks who say, eh, I'm no longer interested in seeing these landmarks if they got rid of the Royal Family.

Also, that $1.50 per taxpayer, adds up to a crap load of $$ and could be spent on things that improve the life of the British as a whole and not just the Royal Family, just so that mostly women (and you) who are enthralled with the Royal Family can vicariously live out your princess fantasies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,001 - 5,020 of10,868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

136 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 3 min curiouslu 76,713
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 3 min The Reluctant Redhead 28,638
Alphabetical Ways To Live (Oct '12) 4 min Debra27 1,509
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 min curiouslu 25,868
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 7 min Parden Pard 53,777
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min ChromiuMan 111,962
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 9 min Parden Pard 46,949
How to become Unbannable 16 min cretin56 92
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 140,567
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••