|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They haven't broken or hurt themselves being dare devils, yet.
I broke my first and second lower vertebrae in my back in my late 20s jumping snowmobiles. I just went too high, but I landed it nicely ... just too much air. If I had not landed it as well as I did I would have been really hurt.
Other than that, I had a really bad concussion when I was maybe 6 (I don't remember exactly, but I was very young). I took my older brothers bike for a ride around our subdivision, but there was a really big hill. I started going down it and about the only thing I remember is the pedals going around and around so fast (my feet were not on them). Next thing I knew I woke up what I thought was "night riders" car and was being driven home by a neighbor lady, whose daughter I used to play with. Dunno why I thought it was night riders car ... she drove a nissan Z, if I remember correctly (this would have been maybe 1983ish).
She found me unconscious on the side of the road. The bike was completely destroyed ... so I can only imagine the force of violence involved in that wreck.
No stitches. No breaks or tears.
Well that's good.
You on the other hand...Wow! LOL!!!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
Morning wonderful neighbors. Thanks for the video Chris. Thanks for the prop Sublime.
Thanks for the green tea Denny. You are all such amazing neighbors!
It was a good post. Futile, I feel (to be honest), but a good post and 100% spot on.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Chris - PSL wrote:
Uh Oh! Guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!
Ricky, guess what day it is. Ah come on I know you can here me.
Sublime, Sublime, Sublime....What day is it Sublime?
Ha HA HA
Perse, guess what day it is.
WOO HOO!!! HUUUUUUUMP DAAYYYY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
*faints*

:D

Hahaha!

Everyone loves humping!

Hope everyone has lots of Happy Hump Days!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's good.
You on the other hand...Wow! LOL!!!
I was also in a car wreck in my teens (I wasn't driving) in the front passenger seat, car was completely totaled ... wheels ripped off ... but I walked away with nothing, except a ride in the ambulance to the hospital. One of my buddies was in the back seat and broke his leg. He is my wife's cousin, but this was a few years before I even knew who she was.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a good post. Futile, I feel (to be honest), but a good post and 100% spot on.
FUTILE!!! Boy howdy. Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty much done with the Topix forum. What a bunch of wankers! Going back to my roots, the Evolution Forum and atheist forum. Of course, I'll still visit my neighborhood.

:)

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
FUTILE!!! Boy howdy. Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty much done with the Topix forum. What a bunch of wankers!
I didnít mean to be unkind by saying itís futile. Itís just that many posters have tried. The behavior you spoke of is also self-evidently mental. There is obviously some sort of major malfunction going on.
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Going back to my roots, the Evolution Forum and atheist forum.
I canít do the evolution and religious forums. I have discussed religion on here many times and used to sometimes post on an evolution thread on another forum (not the evolution forum Ö a science one), but I find that discussion surrounding evolution and atheist discussions are too circular. They may start of as an intellectual exchange, but in the end it always comes back to the same issue, faith, and you really canít debate ďI just have a feeling.Ē
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I'll still visit my neighborhood.:)
Good. I would be sad to see you go.
Damian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Subllime makes me pee my pants

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also in a car wreck in my teens (I wasn't driving) in the front passenger seat, car was completely totaled ... wheels ripped off ... but I walked away with nothing, except a ride in the ambulance to the hospital. One of my buddies was in the back seat and broke his leg. He is my wife's cousin, but this was a few years before I even knew who she was.
Geez. You're mom probably wondered about you a lot every time you left the house.

http://tinyurl.com/n5enjee

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
FUTILE!!! Boy howdy. Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty much done with the Topix forum. What a bunch of wankers! Going back to my roots, the Evolution Forum and atheist forum. Of course, I'll still visit my neighborhood.
You hit the nail on the head! Wankers~my favorite term for oofuses.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Geez. You're mom probably wondered about you a lot every time you left the house.
http://tinyurl.com/n5enjee
LMAO. It seems to me that my folks allowed me to be pretty independent growing up, even from an early age. Perhaps it is because I was the last of 5. Perhaps it is because it was a different time from today. I would go on hikes in the forest and fishing at one of the multitude of ponds by myself and my dog (sometimes my bro who was almost 2 years older than me) from say the age of 7 or 8. I would go way out in the forest too, but there was a creek that I could follow ... so it was very hard to get lost.

I also had lots of siblings to keep an eye on me. There wasn't very much helicoptering going on, tho, that's for sure.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah, by the fifth child, there is hardly time for worrying about whether you get a cut. Simpler times even 20 years ago...
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. It seems to me that my folks allowed me to be pretty independent growing up, even from an early age. Perhaps it is because I was the last of 5. Perhaps it is because it was a different time from today. I would go on hikes in the forest and fishing at one of the multitude of ponds by myself and my dog (sometimes my bro who was almost 2 years older than me) from say the age of 7 or 8. I would go way out in the forest too, but there was a creek that I could follow ... so it was very hard to get lost.
I also had lots of siblings to keep an eye on me. There wasn't very much helicoptering going on, tho, that's for sure.
Helicoptering...haha. Can I borrow that?
Pat Pending

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
Yeah, by the fifth child, there is hardly time for worrying about whether you get a cut. Simpler times even 20 years ago...<quoted text>Helicoptering...haha. Can I borrow that?
NO! He invented that!
Johnny Rivers

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

There's a Sublime who leads a life of danger

with every post he makes

he gets a little stranger...
Damian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

He should start a blog about his topix life?

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
Yeah, by the fifth child, there is hardly time for worrying about whether you get a cut. Simpler times even 20 years ago...<quoted text>Helicoptering...haha. Can I borrow that?
Yeah, you can use it, but that's a very common term:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_paren...

Yes, I had it so much better than my oldest siblings. Night and day, in some respects.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you can use it, but that's a very common term:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_paren...
Yes, I had it so much better than my oldest siblings. Night and day, in some respects.
yeah I was thinking of the hovering thing. I have to do it for some in my real life with some people and they don't understand that's not my deal. Like what the hell do I know about? I just laugh.

I bet you didn't have to buy your first car. You have a definite advantage.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah I was thinking of the hovering thing. I have to do it for some in my real life with some people and they don't understand that's not my deal. Like what the hell do I know about? I just laugh.
I bet you didn't have to buy your first car. You have a definite advantage.
No, I didn't, but neither did they. I just drove better cars than they did. My sister drove a blue station wagon at one point, lol!

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít mean to be unkind by saying itís futile. Itís just that many posters have tried. The behavior you spoke of is also self-evidently mental. There is obviously some sort of major malfunction going on.
<quoted text>
I canít do the evolution and religious forums. I have discussed religion on here many times and used to sometimes post on an evolution thread on another forum (not the evolution forum Ö a science one), but I find that discussion surrounding evolution and atheist discussions are too circular. They may start of as an intellectual exchange, but in the end it always comes back to the same issue, faith, and you really canít debate ďI just have a feeling.Ē
<quoted text>
Good. I would be sad to see you go.
I was in no way offended by your use of "futile". I agree. The worse offenders don't even recognize their own behavior. Ugh. Oh well, that's Topix for you.

As for the Evolution and atheist forums, I agree many of the exchanges are circular, but I have a large group of interesting posters on those forums and we discuss all manner of things. Many of them are scientists so the discussions are quite challenging and thought provoking.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Pat Pending wrote:
<quoted text>NO! He invented that!
Why don't you either contribute something interesting or stay off this thread.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't, but neither did they. I just drove better cars than they did. My sister drove a blue station wagon at one point, lol!
Oh, lol!

Your poor sister.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,981 - 5,000 of10,868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••