United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

I mean my wife swung her way out of my life. I'm just eating sour grapes.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

-Persephone- wrote:
Well, in chronological age! A mature responsible contributing OLD dude otherwise. Okay? ha <quoted text>I'm very familiar your situation. Known to pick up dumpy "delivery" boys and bounce them off the floor, like a weight dropping. Haha...like a reader.
;-)
Do you take the kids out on it?
LOL.

Yeah, I do. My one son is a dare devil like me, but the other two are more tame like my wife. He likes to go fast like me and the other two like it a little more slow.

I will maybe upload the video of him climbing a tree maybe 10 feet high, grabbing the rope swing, and swinging way out into the lake. He's the only kid who does it. He's only 8.

He was the one who when he was 4 years old was skiing down a blue diamond run with me and he went flying past me laughing and giggling. I was scared because we were right next to a tree line and I was concerned that he would hit a tree if he veered towards it and was yelling for him to slow down. He eventually biffed and was a little more tame after that.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

*gnat buzzes by*

*passes Sublime the mosquito repellent*Oh wow!!!! Flying by...

Funny how that works and who they seem to take after. LOL. So, how many broken bones has your crew had being daredevil, and how many did you have.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Yeah, I do. My one son is a dare devil like me, but the other two are more tame like my wife. He likes to go fast like me and the other two like it a little more slow.
I will maybe upload the video of him climbing a tree maybe 10 feet high, grabbing the rope swing, and swinging way out into the lake. He's the only kid who does it. He's only 8.
He was the one who when he was 4 years old was skiing down a blue diamond run with me and he went flying past me laughing and giggling. I was scared because we were right next to a tree line and I was concerned that he would hit a tree if he veered towards it and was yelling for him to slow down. He eventually biffed and was a little more tame after that.

“Flip Flop Kind Of Day”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Uh Oh! Guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!

Ricky, guess what day it is. Ah come on I know you can here me.

Sublime, Sublime, Sublime....What day is it Sublime?

Ha HA HA

Perse, guess what day it is.

WOO HOO!!! HUUUUUUUMP DAAYYYY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Flip Flop Kind Of Day”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Good Morning Neighbors! Sun is shining! Enjoy!

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

happy hump day everyone and have a great day :)

“Flip Flop Kind Of Day”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just turned 36 and I have realized that I cannot train as hard as I would like to anymore. Sux. I like to go hard. People have come upto me in the locker room before and asked me how I do it, but lately I just always seem to get some nagging injury after a month or so of going that hard and it's usually in my legs, even if I start off relatively easy and gradually ramp it up. So it's frustrating for me, because I put a lot of effort in, am disciplined, and then I have to shut down for awhile and start all over again.
I am sure I would be fine if I did what most everyone else does in terms of cardio, but I don't like not going all the way and I hate the thought of having to dial it back. One day I pushed myself so hard that I was dry heaving (fortunately no one was in my work's gym at that time ... I like to go when no one is there so I don't risk having to wait to use stuff) and I loved it ... to me that meant I was pushing myself to my limits. That's how hard I like to push myself. I honestly just don't enjoy it if I am not pushing myself to my limits.
I pulled my groin muscle first time ever like 2-3 months ago ... just playing football catch with my sons outside. Was just about healed then was on the lake maybe 3 weeks ago riding an inflatable towable behind a jet ski with my wife.
They seriously should call whatever towable that was,ďthe groin ripper/destroyer.Ē It is horseshoe shaped and each person sits on one leg of the horse shoe and holds onto two handles in front of them. In between each leg of the horseshoe is a flat piece of material that connects the legs, which your inside leg can rest on as you ride, but your leg on the outside is just hanging over the water.
My wife told my buddy to take it easy Ö I said fí that, I want you to drive that jet ski like you stole it, lol Ö bad idea.
He made a sharp turn at one point an my outside leg (the same leg I pulled my groin on) ended up going under the water as he was cruising really fast. Once it went in the water, the drag on that leg, basically caused it to pull that leg outward and almost made me do the splits. It hurt like a mo fo.
When I fell off, I could feel shyte popping and grinding in that leg as I was treading water, but the popping and grinding didn't last long. So I got right back on, lol, but this time I laid face down on the leg and held on. My buddy said the same thing happened to him when he rode it too.
It still hurts me really bad (sharp shooting pain) if I move the wrong way. So I am waiting for that to heal before I get back to the gym. The pain is less frequent and I can go days without moving it the wrong way and causing that kind of pain, but when it happens, it is not pleasant.
Sublime, why do you push yourself so hard? Rest the leg until YOU KNOW it's time to go back to the gym. Take a couple of weeks off. My hubby is much like you, physical active. He goes to the gym for two hours a day, five days a week. He heavy lifts. He's huge. He pushes himself because of his age, he's 51. I keep telling him, because he is 51 he needs to slow it down a bit. He works out with younger guys and I guess it's his ego that pushes him. He stand in the mirror and says "I do look good for an old man". I just shake my head. lol
Now, don't get me wrong. I love the way he looks. His arms are bigger than my thighs. His back is so wide. But, all of the extreme exercise has to take a toll on ones body.

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Don`t mind me folks i`m taking a short cut just hopping thru this thread on my way to another!!! lol

Level 8

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Not saying hello everyone!*waving*
Sublime, you and your wife are a good looking couple.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Good morning everybody!
It is 0600 in California.
The bee's are awake and bumbling and there's literally a band of turkeys in the front yard.
:D

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
*gnat buzzes by*
*passes Sublime the mosquito repellent*Oh wow!!!! Flying by...
Funny how that works and who they seem to take after. LOL. So, how many broken bones has your crew had being daredevil, and how many did you have.
<quoted text>
They haven't broken or hurt themselves being dare devils, yet.

I broke my first and second lower vertebrae in my back in my late 20s jumping snowmobiles. I just went too high, but I landed it nicely ... just too much air. If I had not landed it as well as I did I would have been really hurt.

Other than that, I had a really bad concussion when I was maybe 6 (I don't remember exactly, but I was very young). I took my older brothers bike for a ride around our subdivision, but there was a really big hill. I started going down it and about the only thing I remember is the pedals going around and around so fast (my feet were not on them). Next thing I knew I woke up what I thought was "night riders" car and was being driven home by a neighbor lady, whose daughter I used to play with. Dunno why I thought it was night riders car ... she drove a nissan Z, if I remember correctly (this would have been maybe 1983ish).

She found me unconscious on the side of the road. The bike was completely destroyed ... so I can only imagine the force of violence involved in that wreck.

No stitches. No breaks or tears.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>Sublime, why do you push yourself so hard? Rest the leg until YOU KNOW it's time to go back to the gym. Take a couple of weeks off. My hubby is much like you, physical active. He goes to the gym for two hours a day, five days a week. He heavy lifts. He's huge. He pushes himself because of his age, he's 51. I keep telling him, because he is 51 he needs to slow it down a bit. He works out with younger guys and I guess it's his ego that pushes him. He stand in the mirror and says "I do look good for an old man". I just shake my head. lol
Now, don't get me wrong. I love the way he looks. His arms are bigger than my thighs. His back is so wide. But, all of the extreme exercise has to take a toll on ones body.
I have been resting it and Iím not going to start up again until I stop feeling pain in it. It is still not healed all the way. It is a really nagging injury.

I just like to push myself and continuously improve. Itís just how I am. Itís not about how I stack up against others Ö I like to compete against myself to improve. Harder, faster, stronger. I track myself and my stats. Continual improvement is what keeps me going. The human body is a pretty cool machine Ö the more you work it the better it gets.

Iím probably not as big as your husband. I am more naturally just pretty well built. I have 17 inch biceps and a horseshoe, even without working out, and my arms are pretty lean. So, Iím lucky in that I donít really have to work out for purposes of muscle mass, but at the same time Iím not like a muscle bound gym rat.

My wife actually doesnít like it when I build too much muscle, either Ö especially when my traps get too big. She just doesnít like it. So when I am training, I train just as hard on cardio as I do for lifting. I have come to really enjoy running, which is odd because I hated running in high school. I have always been a decent runner, I guess, and could run a mile in the upper 5s, without training for distance running, in high school, but I just didnít enjoy it. I thought folks who went out for track and field were masochists. Now I love it.
Danger

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

I'm obviously jealous of Sublime

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Figarooo wrote:
Not saying hello everyone!*waving*
Sublime, you and your wife are a good looking couple.
Thanks.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Morning wonderful neighbors. Thanks for the video Chris. Thanks for the prop Sublime.

Thanks for the green tea Denny. You are all such amazing neighbors!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Chris - PSL wrote:
Uh Oh! Guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!
Ricky, guess what day it is. Ah come on I know you can here me.
Sublime, Sublime, Sublime....What day is it Sublime?
Ha HA HA
Perse, guess what day it is.
WOO HOO!!! HUUUUUUUMP DAAYYYY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
There are lots of hump days in a week in my world!
Ferrermans Black BF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>There are lots of hump days in a week in my world!
There are in mine and Ferrie's world too. I make him bite the pillow almost daily!
Ferrermans Black BF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Zinger II wrote:
<quoted text>Looking at the picture its obvious you look up to her. Literally.
Looking at our picture together, it's obviously you look up to me.

Have I ever told you how happy I am that your wife left you and in the process turned you gay? I think Hallmark should make a card along those lines. Your son might not have a daddy, but you sure do.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They haven't broken or hurt themselves being dare devils, yet.
I broke my first and second lower vertebrae in my back in my late 20s jumping snowmobiles. I just went too high, but I landed it nicely ... just too much air. If I had not landed it as well as I did I would have been really hurt.
Other than that, I had a really bad concussion when I was maybe 6 (I don't remember exactly, but I was very young). I took my older brothers bike for a ride around our subdivision, but there was a really big hill. I started going down it and about the only thing I remember is the pedals going around and around so fast (my feet were not on them). Next thing I knew I woke up what I thought was "night riders" car and was being driven home by a neighbor lady, whose daughter I used to play with. Dunno why I thought it was night riders car ... she drove a nissan Z, if I remember correctly (this would have been maybe 1983ish).
She found me unconscious on the side of the road. The bike was completely destroyed ... so I can only imagine the force of violence involved in that wreck.
No stitches. No breaks or tears.
Well that's good.
You on the other hand...Wow! LOL!!!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
Morning wonderful neighbors. Thanks for the video Chris. Thanks for the prop Sublime.
Thanks for the green tea Denny. You are all such amazing neighbors!
It was a good post. Futile, I feel (to be honest), but a good post and 100% spot on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••