They do?
Okay this one went right over my head.

“Dads Cow Force”

Since: Mar 12

POKEATWAT FARMS . TENN .

#6210 Jul 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember ham ever being in a can.
I like lunch meat ... boar's head is my favorite. Sometimes for dinner, I'll get a loaf of fresh french bread, slice it in half, put on some turkey and ham lunch meat, then some cheese (lots of cheese ... I love cheese), then put it in the oven until it is toasted, and then once it is out of the oven, I put some olive oil mayo on it. Goes well with some homemade soup (I like french onion).
I also like corned beef on rye with lotsa swiss cheese and a pickle (yes, yes, I know Kevin, women love pickles). I nuke it for maybe 30 seconds so the cheese melts, then I put on the pickle (I like Clausen pickles the best ... I eat a lot of pickles).
I eat a lot of pork too, in various forms. Bratwurst is a mainstay of my diet in the summer, but I like to eat it with no bun and just mustard.
Brats in a beer boil then a quick grill for browning are tony the tiger grrrrreeeeaaaatttt .

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#6211 Jul 22, 2013
I was a little kid & I think it was in Armor ham.
I can totally agree with a bratwurst. I remember eating something called he HoneyBaked spiral ham and breaking out in a rash. Something the used to preserve it or glaze it with.

I will eat some of the ham when my mom makes ham hocks and beans. Any sign of fat and I am gone.

You're a healthy eater anyway. Wait that didn't sound right.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember ham ever being in a can.
I like lunch meat ... boar's head is my favorite. Sometimes for dinner, I'll get a loaf of fresh french bread, slice it in half, put on some turkey and ham lunch meat, then some cheese (lots of cheese ... I love cheese), then put it in the oven until it is toasted, and then once it is out of the oven, I put some olive oil mayo on it. Goes well with some homemade soup (I like french onion).
I also like corned beef on rye with lotsa swiss cheese and a pickle (yes, yes, I know Kevin, women love pickles). I nuke it for maybe 30 seconds so the cheese melts, then I put on the pickle (I like Clausen pickles the best ... I eat a lot of pickles).
I eat a lot of pork too, in various forms. Bratwurst is a mainstay of my diet in the summer, but I like to eat it with no bun and just mustard.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6212 Jul 22, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Okay this one went right over my head.
That's probably a good thing ... keep it clean.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6213 Jul 22, 2013
Sir Moos a Lot wrote:
<quoted text>Brats in a beer boil then a quick grill for browning are tony the tiger grrrrreeeeaaaatttt .
I haven't done beer brats in awhile, but I like them too.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6214 Jul 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably a good thing ... keep it clean.
lol
Now I get it.

:x

Level 8

Location hidden

#6215 Jul 22, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
I was a little kid & I think it was in Armor ham.
I can totally agree with a bratwurst. I remember eating something called he HoneyBaked spiral ham and breaking out in a rash. Something the used to preserve it or glaze it with. <quoted text>
It could have been the glaze. We always make our own glaze with brown sugar and I think pineapple juice. We also put a bunch of cloves in it and some pineapples on top.
-Persephone- wrote:
I will eat some of the ham when my mom makes ham hocks and beans. Any sign of fat and I am gone. <quoted text>
I donít like fat either. Itís actually pretty easy to separate the fat from the meat in a ham and there usually isnít too much. Itís usually mostly just on the outside.
-Persephone- wrote:
You're a healthy eater anyway. Wait that didn't sound right.<quoted text>
LOL. Well, I can be. I go through phases, tho.

In the summer it is hard for me to eat very healthy, just because of the weekends alone, i.e. being on the lake and drinking/bbqing or eating out when I am riding my bike with friends. On the other hand, Iím much more sedentary in the winter.

Once my pants start getting a little tight, tho, I buckle down. I simply do not allow myself to get too big (my grandma said my grandpa was the same way Ö once he started getting too big he would just skip lunch (he was a roofer too Ö so he was burning a lot of calories)Ö he never was overweight). Iím a desk jockey, tho. I would have no problems if I were busting my hump every day.

I understand that weight fluctuates on most folks, but I donít understand how folks just keep buying bigger, and bigger clothes, instead of changing their habits. Thatís my big thing that keeps me in check Ö not just gonna let myself go and buy bigger and bigger clothes.

A lot of days I donít eat breakfast or lunch (like today). Some folks say that is unhealthy, but I just donít feel hungry or need to eat very often. Iíve done that and run 4-5 miles in the afternoon and felt fine. I think my body is used to it now and very efficient at breaking down fat, because I do the feast and famine thing a lot. I prefer it, actually.

I actually read an article about how if you are a runner, it is good to sometimes run when you haven't eaten in awhile too Ö something about training your body to become more efficient at breaking down fat under high exertion situations.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6216 Jul 22, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Now I get it.
:x
That Kevin!!!!

:)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6217 Jul 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It could have been the glaze. We always make our own glaze with brown sugar and I think pineapple juice. We also put a bunch of cloves in it and some pineapples on top.
<quoted text>
I donít like fat either. Itís actually pretty easy to separate the fat from the meat in a ham and there usually isnít too much. Itís usually mostly just on the outside.
<quoted text>
LOL. Well, I can be. I go through phases, tho.
In the summer it is hard for me to eat very healthy, just because of the weekends alone, i.e. being on the lake and drinking/bbqing or eating out when I am riding my bike with friends. On the other hand, Iím much more sedentary in the winter.
Once my pants start getting a little tight, tho, I buckle down. I simply do not allow myself to get too big (my grandma said my grandpa was the same way Ö once he started getting too big he would just skip lunch (he was a roofer too Ö so he was burning a lot of calories)Ö he never was overweight). Iím a desk jockey, tho. I would have no problems if I were busting my hump every day.
I understand that weight fluctuates on most folks, but I donít understand how folks just keep buying bigger, and bigger clothes, instead of changing their habits. Thatís my big thing that keeps me in check Ö not just gonna let myself go and buy bigger and bigger clothes.
A lot of days I donít eat breakfast or lunch (like today). Some folks say that is unhealthy, but I just donít feel hungry or need to eat very often. Iíve done that and run 4-5 miles in the afternoon and felt fine. I think my body is used to it now and very efficient at breaking down fat, because I do the feast and famine thing a lot. I prefer it, actually.
I actually read an article about how if you are a runner, it is good to sometimes run when you haven't eaten in awhile too Ö something about training your body to become more efficient at breaking down fat under high exertion situations.
Someday I'm going to have to learn how to do the quote thing. I can't stand the thought of fat in my food. The grosses me out even see a little bit on a steak. Chicken is okay cause I don't see any of that stuff and I only eat the white meat. I'm not a fish eater Unless its a fresh caught trout. I don't eat seafood But will occasionally have a shrimp or two. In my little world beans and cheese and eggs and yogurt are staples. The only time I really go for meat is when I'm having a gyro.

I love Greek food!

I do love pasta though!

I think we have the best luck when we eat cording to your schedule rather than what society dictates. If its six small meals a day that works. Ultimately it's what's best for the person.

I used to run a lot... Now it's more like a fast walk!

Seriously though I wish I liked pork.

I know when a certain friend of mine is training He's totally into the vegetables and meat.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6218 Jul 22, 2013
That was voice to text by the way. I hope you can read typo.

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#6222 Jul 23, 2013
good morning to all and have a great day :)

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6223 Jul 23, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
good morning to all and have a great day :)
Good Morning LuAnn and all of our wonderful neighbors. Have a great day!

All of this talk of spam, made me reminisce about my mother. She used to cook it about once a week. Haven't had it in about 25 years or so. Don't remember what it taste like. But, the mention of spam turned my stomach. So, it's a safe bet, I didn't like it.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#6224 Jul 23, 2013
Good morning Chris and LuAnn. I thought Ricky is having a really good time.

Level 9

Location hidden

#6226 Jul 23, 2013
Good morning lovely neighbors. Have a fabulous day.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6227 Jul 23, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text> Someday I'm going to have to learn how to do the quote thing.
That will probably be hard to do with the voice to text feature.
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text> I can't stand the thought of fat in my food. The grosses me out even see a little bit on a steak. Chicken is okay cause I don't see any of that stuff and I only eat the white meat.
I donít really either. Iíve gotten better with it, but I prefer leaner meat.
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not a fish eater Unless its a fresh caught trout. I don't eat seafood But will occasionally have a shrimp or two.
I donít like fish either, unless it is fresh caught by me, kept in my live well alive, then fileted, while alive, then cooked immediately. I do like crab, shrimp, and lobster, tho, but I donít like anything with a fishy taste or smell.
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text> In my little world beans and cheese and eggs and yogurt are staples. The only time I really go for meat is when I'm having a gyro.

I love Greek food!

I do love pasta though!
I love greek and middle eastern food. I have been having a hard time finding a real greek restaurant down here that serves gyros with the meat on the spit. Pasta is good too.
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text> I think we have the best luck when we eat cording to your schedule rather than what society dictates. If its six small meals a day that works. Ultimately it's what's best for the person.
I agree.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6228 Jul 23, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>I used to run a lot... Now it's more like a fast walk!
I just turned 36 and I have realized that I cannot train as hard as I would like to anymore. Sux. I like to go hard. People have come upto me in the locker room before and asked me how I do it, but lately I just always seem to get some nagging injury after a month or so of going that hard and it's usually in my legs, even if I start off relatively easy and gradually ramp it up. So it's frustrating for me, because I put a lot of effort in, am disciplined, and then I have to shut down for awhile and start all over again.

I am sure I would be fine if I did what most everyone else does in terms of cardio, but I don't like not going all the way and I hate the thought of having to dial it back. One day I pushed myself so hard that I was dry heaving (fortunately no one was in my work's gym at that time ... I like to go when no one is there so I don't risk having to wait to use stuff) and I loved it ... to me that meant I was pushing myself to my limits. That's how hard I like to push myself. I honestly just don't enjoy it if I am not pushing myself to my limits.

I pulled my groin muscle first time ever like 2-3 months ago ... just playing football catch with my sons outside. Was just about healed then was on the lake maybe 3 weeks ago riding an inflatable towable behind a jet ski with my wife.

They seriously should call whatever towable that was,ďthe groin ripper/destroyer.Ē It is horseshoe shaped and each person sits on one leg of the horse shoe and holds onto two handles in front of them. In between each leg of the horseshoe is a flat piece of material that connects the legs, which your inside leg can rest on as you ride, but your leg on the outside is just hanging over the water.

My wife told my buddy to take it easy Ö I said fí that, I want you to drive that jet ski like you stole it, lol Ö bad idea.

He made a sharp turn at one point an my outside leg (the same leg I pulled my groin on) ended up going under the water as he was cruising really fast. Once it went in the water, the drag on that leg, basically caused it to pull that leg outward and almost made me do the splits. It hurt like a mo fo.

When I fell off, I could feel shyte popping and grinding in that leg as I was treading water, but the popping and grinding didn't last long. So I got right back on, lol, but this time I laid face down on the leg and held on. My buddy said the same thing happened to him when he rode it too.

It still hurts me really bad (sharp shooting pain) if I move the wrong way. So I am waiting for that to heal before I get back to the gym. The pain is less frequent and I can go days without moving it the wrong way and causing that kind of pain, but when it happens, it is not pleasant.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6229 Jul 23, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
That was voice to text by the way. I hope you can read typo.
No problemo.

Good morning.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6230 Jul 23, 2013
Good morning, LuAnn, Chris, and Sue.

Level 9

Location hidden

#6231 Jul 23, 2013
Hey Sublime.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6232 Jul 23, 2013
YO NNEIGHBORHOOD...

BLOCK PARTY...at the Cul-de-sec House of the Smiths...THIS WEEKEND!!!

< They'll be OUT OF TOWN...am Watching their critters.....

THEY have a HOT TUB and POOL!,,,..
YAY!!!

ONE THINGY THO,..YOU MUST STAY and CLEAN-UP!!! ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 28,489
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,198
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,238
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,492
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,535
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min US MALE 161,001
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Camilla 161,490
motorcycle traveling stories 40 min Mega Monster 568
Things that make life eaiser... 2 hr wichita-rick 123
News Burger King Customer Arrested After Citing Movie 4 hr Barry 6
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 hr Crazy Jae 28,868
More from around the web