KENTUCKY

#3381 Jun 20, 2013
Should I be blushing?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3382 Jun 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the kind remark :)
:)

Such neighbors live on this street!

<3

Ricky gave me his new wallet, and someone swept the walk for me!

“No. 1 Stunna”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3383 Jun 20, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text> I couldn't believe how tight it was!!
You better not have had your way with that girl who jumped out of the cake!!

LMFAO

“No. 1 Stunna”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3384 Jun 20, 2013
Lickity_Lips wrote:
<quoted text>I see that my picture is circulating again.

I looooke Maaarvelous !!

* blows kisses ---- muwahs!!*
Smoking...

“No. 1 Stunna”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3386 Jun 20, 2013
Lickity_Lips wrote:
Step rite up u handsome hoes

Guess the flavor of my lip gloss ?...

Lickity Lips

*winkieface*
Cherry

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3387 Jun 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Such neighbors live on this street!
<3
Ricky gave me his new wallet, and someone swept the walk for me!
That too was me :)

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#3388 Jun 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>That too was me :)
Well swoon.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#3389 Jun 20, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
Another sad day for my area.:(
Sgt. Justin Johnson, 25, a 2006 graduate of South Fork High School, died June 19, 2013, was one of four American soldiers killed in Kabul, Afghanistan.
R.I.P. to the Soldiers!

More lives wasted because of global idiocy.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3390 Jun 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Success has a thousand father while failure is a bastard
Uh uh... failure is rich white people's fault:

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-teachers-union-...

“No. 1 Stunna”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3391 Jun 20, 2013
"She also urged the city schools to follow the strategic blueprint of the Chicago Cubs baseball team"

ROFLMFAO!!

Well, duh, of course the Chicago city schools should emulate the cubs and suck donkey balls for 100 plus years and folks should be perfectly happy with this arrangement.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#3392 Jun 20, 2013

“Happy Halloween!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

trick or treat!

#3393 Jun 20, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
Another sad day for my area.:(
Sgt. Justin Johnson, 25, a 2006 graduate of South Fork High School, died June 19, 2013, was one of four American soldiers killed in Kabul, Afghanistan.
I'm so sorry for all who grieve for this young man.

“For F***'s Sake”

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#3394 Jun 20, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
"She also urged the city schools to follow the strategic blueprint of the Chicago Cubs baseball team"
ROFLMFAO!!
Well, duh, of course the Chicago city schools should emulate the cubs and suck donkey balls for 100 plus years and folks should be perfectly happy with this arrangement.
Everyone gets a gold star that way, no matter how well they do.

“For F***'s Sake”

Level 2

Tanner Flats

#3395 Jun 20, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry for all who grieve for this young man.
The rules of engagement, that our Armed Forces are saddled with these days sure make a dangerous job that much worse for our soldiers.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3396 Jun 20, 2013
Good evening to the fine folks in the neighborhood!

“No. 1 Stunna”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3397 Jun 20, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone gets a gold star that way, no matter how well they do.
She's upset cause they are closing failing schools and teachers are going to be out of jobs ... Has very little to do with the children. And, that's her job. I dont fault her gor that, but i see through it.

The UAW doesn't represent cars, but rather the workers. Similarly the teachers union doesn't represent the students, but rather the teachers. In terms of each of these unions' positions. any benefit in terms of quality to cars or students' education is really a secondary consideration. That's just the nature of the game.

For her to make it all about students is disingenuous. She had no problem using the kids as pawns to extract concessions from the school system just last fall, by urging a strike that kept the very kids she pretends to care so much about out of school. These concessions made the financial situation at CPS worse and likely exacerbated the number of school closings too. So the fact that schools are being closed and teachers are being let go was to some extent the doing of the union itself. They already knew of CPS's financial situation before their demands.

I'm surprised she didn't realize this. Property taxes in IL are already through the roof. My folks are planning on moving out of that state for this reason. They pay 25k a year in property tax. That's f'ing nuts. They could come down by me and pay less than half that.

There was an article about a bowling alley in my hometown that burned down. They rebuilt. Once they rebuilt, since the value of the property increased, their property tax went from something like 24k annually to like 65k annually. The thing is, its not like business increased three fold, such that they could pay such a huge tax increase without it affecting their bottom line. It was family owned (they weren't rich, just an average middle class family) and they can't afford to stay in business, even with laying off all staff except family members. 65k annually is over 5k a month!! That's Illinois. Tax and spend, tax and spend.

^^^ Those are the mean rich white people Ms. Lewis is talking about. She doesn't realize that many folks are paying more than their fair share. The problem isn't with them ... the problem is there are too many who just take and don't contribute much of anything. Their numbers have doubled or tripled in the last ten years. Just look at the food stamp program as proof for this.

“For F***'s Sake”

Level 2

Tanner Flats

#3398 Jun 20, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
Good evening to the fine folks in the neighborhood!
Good evening!

“For F***'s Sake”

Level 2

Tanner Flats

#3399 Jun 20, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's upset cause they are closing failing schools and teachers are going to be out of jobs ... Has very little to do with the children. And, that's her job. I dont fault her gor that, but i see through it.
The UAW doesn't represent cars, but rather the workers. Similarly the teachers union doesn't represent the students, but rather the teachers. In terms of each of these unions' positions. any benefit in terms of quality to cars or students' education is really a secondary consideration. That's just the nature of the game.
For her to make it all about students is disingenuous. She had no problem using the kids as pawns to extract concessions from the school system just last fall, by urging a strike that kept the very kids she pretends to care so much about out of school. These concessions made the financial situation at CPS worse and likely exacerbated the number of school closings too. So the fact that schools are being closed and teachers are being let go was to some extent the doing of the union itself. They already knew of CPS's financial situation before their demands.
I'm surprised she didn't realize this. Property taxes in IL are already through the roof. My folks are planning on moving out of that state for this reason. They pay 25k a year in property tax. That's f'ing nuts. They could come down by me and pay less than half that.
There was an article about a bowling alley in my hometown that burned down. They rebuilt. Once they rebuilt, since the value of the property increased, their property tax went from something like 24k annually to like 65k annually. The thing is, its not like business increased three fold, such that they could pay such a huge tax increase without it affecting their bottom line. It was family owned (they weren't rich, just an average middle class family) and they can't afford to stay in business, even with laying off all staff except family members. 65k annually is over 5k a month!! That's Illinois. Tax and spend, tax and spend.
^^^ Those are the mean rich white people Ms. Lewis is talking about. She doesn't realize that many folks are paying more than their fair share. The problem isn't with them ... the problem is there are too many who just take and don't contribute much of anything. Their numbers have doubled or tripled in the last ten years. Just look at the food stamp program as proof for this.
Also look at these government and municipal jobs. I remember a time when the private sector paid substantially more than the public sector. The deal was if you wanted the big money, that's where you went and if you wanted job security, or a job after you retired from the private sector, you went to the public sector. Now the public sector makes substantially more than the private sector, both in pay and benefits. In this era of budget sequester, the public sector is not willing to make any concessions what so ever, but its ok to raise taxes and cut essential services to the taxpayer. I was working in Bellevue the other day and there was some road work going on, that required a police officer to direct traffic. Throughout the day, I made several trips to the supply house and went out to lunch. His car, that was parked just outside of the construction zone was left running the whole time. Who pays for that? Government has simply grown to a non sustainable size and has turned into a ruling class.

“Relax”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Siesta, Mexico

#3400 Jun 20, 2013
*make popcorn*
*watch Netflix*

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3402 Jun 20, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening!
It is, thank you! Just got back from a moonlit kayak run, what a beautiful evening. Hope yours was good, too.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min anonymous 120,655
Word Association. (Nov '10) 16 min Zwiebel 16,689
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 23 min UnderstandPeople 15,444
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 32 min Crazy Jae 11,563
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 32 min Judy 123 6,270
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 35 min Judy 123 54,823
a-z of music (Mar '08) 37 min Zwiebel 20,726
True or False Game 45 min Brandiiiiiiii 346
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 148,907
Ebola in America 2 hr Cracker Jacks 481