Peaceful Village

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#1808 Feb 21, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I believe it, especially with our Winters of late! They will also seed around themselves, one year they turned an entire bed I had along my property line, into a dianthus meadow. And the cross pollination made hybrids in shades and colors I hadn't had originally. Mums will do that, too.
NO WAY you're old enough to have a 19 year old grandson!! Well blow me down! Way to go, lady!
I had the little guy again yesterday, he shuts his eye when he smiles just like his mama did at that age....SO ADORABLE!
Hubby and I played Euchre with each other until the wee hours last night...and I had to put him to bed...*wink*
I hope you're having a wonderful Thursday, ready for some wintry mix?? Hubby is getting a load of wood stacked up inside, I don't even want to go out onto the DECK in that crap to get wood, lol.
<3
Hi There Paisley...
I'm going to be heading out to the store in about an hour.. I want to pick up some fruit.. My Sister brought me a pint of Strawberries yesterday and she really started something.. So now I want fruit!
I am not looking forward to that mess that's moving in tonight.. Rain is bad enough but Freezing rain... that I can do without altogether... It makes everything dangerous.. So with the exception of taking the pack out for their walks I will be staying indoors...
I suppose we can try to look past this mess and forward to the 60 degree weather they say we will have this weekend...
Indiana weather what a roller coaster ride huh...
Now about the grandson... yep I do indeed have one that old.. My son was very quick to make that happen... He is a big strapping handsome boy and I love him to pieces...
:o)
My day has been a lazy one but then again I didn't have much that really needed doing so I took advantage of it and did very little..
The Dianthus I have are White, Scarlet, Raspberry Parfait and Strawberry Parfait... I have hostas planted between my rose bushes lining my yard and I think it will be really pretty with the Dianthus planted in front of them... Eventually My yard will be the garden I've always wanted it to be... Flower Child has some plants from my garden growing in hers... hahahahaha... that is if they have survived.. I know the burning bush I sent her didn't survive but I think the daffodils and irises did...

http://www.naturehills.com/dianthus-raspberry...

Well I guess I better surf for a few My Ride will be here soon...
You all stay safe and warm as this nasty weather moves through.. Sending you all of my best wishes...
@}-'--,---

Straight To Hells Door

#1809 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I can't believe this space is remaining so
peaceful.. but it is.
Is this a 'first' I ask.
I lost a dear close friend these past days -
to a rapid aggressive cancer.
makes one think a lot!
I'm sure we've all 'been there'
one way or another..
Makes the ones left behind appreciate
what are known as -
'the little things of life'
but are, in fact,
ALL the things which make this
limited life span,
so worthwhile.
- Peace -
Hi Grace...
I know how you must be feeling having gone through so much myself this past year.. Each day is a gift no matter what.. Each of us handles the pain of loss in our own way and some are able to move past it much easier than I ever could..
My Mother passed almost 9 years ago and there are days when my heart is just as raw as the day she died.. Missing her and wishing with all of my heart just to be able to pick up the phone and call her to share some silly little thing that I know would make her laugh..
I often find myself in tears when a stray thought crosses my mind.. I've never learned how to let go and I don't suppose I ever will... When I love it is with my whole heart and soul and when someone I love passes away they take a part of my heart with them... That's just the way I am and while it's not easy I've come to accept that about myself..
I hope that your grief will ease and that you will find some comfort in knowing that your friend no longer suffers.. She wouldn't want you to hurt anymore than you would have wanted her too...
Now concerning the peacefulness of this thread of late...
Peace is always possible when people are truly civil to one another.. Compassion, Concern and Consideration of others Feelings goes a long way towards making that possible..
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
@}-'--,---

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1811 Feb 21, 2013
Nice

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1812 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I can't believe this space is remaining so
peaceful.. but it is.
Is this a 'first' I ask.
I lost a dear close friend these past days -
to a rapid aggressive cancer.
makes one think a lot!
I'm sure we've all 'been there'
one way or another..
Makes the ones left behind appreciate
what are known as -
'the little things of life'
but are, in fact,
ALL the things which make this
limited life span,
so worthwhile.
- Peace -
Good day to you Grace!
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend, and I hope the moments of sadness that come, are more than tempered by cherished and good memories.
A few weeks ago, an immediate family member awoke on a Sunday morning to a heart attack. Whisked to the hospital immediately, during surgery, another heart attack. We didn't find out until later that night that they'd had to use the defibrillator several times during that surgery. That's part of why I've been mostly absent from here lately. Anyway, I'm thankful for the jolt. I've gone out of my way to make sure this person knows just how cherished she is. The condition is fatal, but not this time....thank God. I feel my only defense against that inevitable day, is the memories we're making, still. I hope that like you, I'll have plenty to ponder, the things that make it all so worth it.
:-)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#1813 Feb 22, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi There Paisley...
I'm going to be heading out to the store in about an hour.. I want to pick up some fruit.. My Sister brought me a pint of Strawberries yesterday and she really started something.. So now I want fruit!
I am not looking forward to that mess that's moving in tonight.. Rain is bad enough but Freezing rain... that I can do without altogether... It makes everything dangerous.. So with the exception of taking the pack out for their walks I will be staying indoors...
I suppose we can try to look past this mess and forward to the 60 degree weather they say we will have this weekend...
Indiana weather what a roller coaster ride huh...
Now about the grandson... yep I do indeed have one that old.. My son was very quick to make that happen... He is a big strapping handsome boy and I love him to pieces...
My day has been a lazy one but then again I didn't have much that really needed doing so I took advantage of it and did very little..
The Dianthus I have are White, Scarlet, Raspberry Parfait and Strawberry Parfait... I have hostas planted between my rose bushes lining my yard and I think it will be really pretty with the Dianthus planted in front of them... Eventually My yard will be the garden I've always wanted it to be... Flower Child has some plants from my garden growing in hers... hahahahaha... that is if they have survived.. I know the burning bush I sent her didn't survive but I think the daffodils and irises did...
http://www.naturehills.com/dianthus-raspberry...
Well I guess I better surf for a few My Ride will be here soon...
You all stay safe and warm as this nasty weather moves through.. Sending you all of my best wishes...
@}-'--,---
Oh that Raspberry Parfait is gorgeous! I can see that border bed, and I'm sure it's lovely. I think that a true gardener's garden, is NEVER finished, lol. After that last bit of high water, even the raised beds were under moving water for days, I have a bit of sprucing up to do, as you can imagine. It's not as bad as you might think though; 18 years here I've perfected flood-way gardening, lol. All the perennials and hard-scape are still there, just need some dirt in a few spots, and some leveling of silt that was left here and there. I don't look forward to it, but I'll be glad to get it done. Drives me crazy to see it out of sorts.
My grandson is only just short of 3 months old. Just now laughing and 'talking', and engaging us more. The cuteness factor is lethal, I'm tellin' ya...lol He is his mommy's first; my 'Miss Perfectionist' is exhausted and she's either gonna give up hitting all the notes or crack under the pressure, lol.
Fresh fruit is da bomb, and it's strawberry season...dang all I needed was another excuse to make more goodies! At some point I'll have to think about wearing shorts again, ha ha.

Hope you've had a cozy and happy Friday.
<3

Straight To Hells Door

#1814 Feb 22, 2013
Hi Paisley...
I have a garden center just a couple of blocks from my house and they carry a good variety of flowers and veggies.. That's where I got the Burpless cucumbers last year and I am going to definitely plant those again this spring..
My neighbors loved them.. and they are really burpless.. I have a neighbor who had to have her gall bladder removed and she wasn't able to eat cucumbers because of that... She said they would just about kill her and I gave her one of the burpless kind just to try a bite or two and see how it went... She told me that she tried it and waited to feel bad and it never happened.. So I ended up giving her one or two everytime I had some ripen...
She was so happy to be able to eat them again... Same with the rest of my neighbors.. they all loved getting the fresh veggies and I plan on doing the same thing this year.. I prefer to share a bounty.. and my garden did very well...
I still want to get some pallets and try that way of planting you turned me onto last year.. I just got so busy working on that dang porch and everything else that I never got around to doing it.. Cucumbers would love to be planted that way... I had mine on tomato cages.. They really like growing that way...and they all came out big and straight... Heck you can train them to climb any trellis.. those tendrils will grab hold of anything they can.. I had to keep them off my tomatoes once they really got going...hahahahaha...
I know that river likes to mess up anything she considers to belong to her but I know you will be able to work with her...
Your grandbaby is a precious gift... and I just love it when they start talking without words... My Great niece the one in the Christmas picture with me is starting to use actual words now but she will ramble on in gibberish and tell you all about stuff.. She always has serious things to tell me and then every now and again I swear she is telling me a joke because she will just crack up laughing in the middle of whatever it is she's saying... She is a little doll...
My day has been a pretty good one and I hope that yours has as well... and I hope that you got some of these warmer temperatures and sunshine..
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
@}-'--,---

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#1815 Feb 23, 2013
WBR...

and

Paisley Posey,

Thank you BOTH very much for your
replies to mine..

We were discussing the subject of 'GRIEF'
over in 'El's Kitchen' if you'd like
to partake ...

an interesting subject which affects
us ALL...

Straight To Hells Door

#1816 Feb 23, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
WBR...
and
Paisley Posey,
replies to mine..
to partake ...
us ALL...
Hi Grace.. I am not much for discussing that subject.. as I don't deal with it very well to begin with.. My condolences to you are most heartfelt but if I dwell on the subject for long it really gets to me..
So I thank you for the invitation to the discussion but I feel I've said about as much as I can...
I do hope that today has been easier for you and that your pain and sense of loss are lighter to bare..
Sending You and Yours my best wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness as
always..
@}-'--,---

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#1817 Feb 23, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
Hi Paisley......Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
@}-'--,---
It doesn't surprise me that you share your harvest! I've never had an issue with cucumber burping, I've grown the burpless variety though for it's softer skins. I HATE peeling the nutrition off of vegetables, and leave them on whenever I can. I've had to scale back my garden the last couple of years since moving back into the riverhouse. But I have straw-bales seasoning this Winter, and will have a large garden once again this Summer, one that can be evacuated up to the decks if the water comes up. Was going to do it last year before I realized the bales have to be seasoned first. I'm going to use 6 pallets, too. For cukes and zucchini.
Now we're both craving Spring, lol.
I hope you've enjoyed this pretty day, we sure have.
<3

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#1818 Feb 23, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
WBR...
and
Paisley Posey,
replies to mine..
to partake ...
us ALL...
Very welcome, Grace. <3

Straight To Hells Door

#1822 Feb 23, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't surprise me that you share your harvest! I've never had an issue with cucumber burping, I've grown the burpless variety though for it's softer skins. I HATE peeling the nutrition off of vegetables, and leave them on whenever I can. I've had to scale back my garden the last couple of years since moving back into the riverhouse. But I have straw-bales seasoning this Winter, and will have a large garden once again this Summer, one that can be evacuated up to the decks if the water comes up. Was going to do it last year before I realized the bales have to be seasoned first. I'm going to use 6 pallets, too. For cukes and zucchini.
Now we're both craving Spring, lol.
I hope you've enjoyed this pretty day, we sure have.
<3
Hey Paisley..
It was a beautiful day here in the valley and I really did enjoy it... What a smart gardener you are and you are very lucky to be able to put most of the things you grow up on that deck.. I loved those pictures you took out there of the snow with your sparkle effect...
Springs almost here and I will be glad when winter is officially over.. I love snow but it seems that this was a winter for nothing but rain... We've only had three actual snowfalls here in my neck of the woods..
We are supposed to have another warm sunshiny day tomorrow.. We might get all the way up to the 50's again.. YAY!!!!
I hope that your night will be peaceful and that all of your dreams will be as sweet as you...
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#1823 Feb 23, 2013
Hello!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#1824 Feb 24, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Paisley..
It was a beautiful day here in the valley and I really did enjoy it... What a smart gardener you are and you are very lucky to be able to put most of the things you grow up on that deck.. I loved those pictures you took out there of the snow with your sparkle effect...
Springs almost here and I will be glad when winter is officially over.. I love snow but it seems that this was a winter for nothing but rain... We've only had three actual snowfalls here in my neck of the woods..
We are supposed to have another warm sunshiny day tomorrow.. We might get all the way up to the 50's again.. YAY!!!!
I hope that your night will be peaceful and that all of your dreams will be as sweet as you...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Ya, I love my 'sparkle filter' on that camera too! I didn't even know it came with that feature but now it's my favorite. Except for a couple of dustings, we haven't had but 3 snows here, either. And a BIG high water event from all the rain. I hope to get out on your river later on this year, it's been a couple of years and I miss it! We went on west past Brandenburg just once, there were some islands there, just big sandbars in the middle of the river. Folks were camped on it, with their boats beached, tents pitched, a bonfire and a volleyball net....I really want to go do that there. Who knows if those sandbars are even still there, high water rearranges a river every time.
Summer dreaming....are you familiar with this song? It's become my theme song, About one of my favorite things to do;

On the Pontoon
Little Big Town

"...get yourself a coozie, let's go!"

"...on the pontoon, making waves and catchin rays up on the roof, jumpin off the back don't act like you don't want to,
party in slow-motion, mmmmmmm-motor boatin'!"

<sigh>

<3

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#1826 Feb 24, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, I love my 'sparkle filter' on that camera too! I didn't even know it came with that feature but now it's my favorite. Except for a couple of dustings, we haven't had but 3 snows here, either. And a BIG high water event from all the rain. I hope to get out on your river later on this year, it's been a couple of years and I miss it! We went on west past Brandenburg just once, there were some islands there, just big sandbars in the middle of the river. Folks were camped on it, with their boats beached, tents pitched, a bonfire and a volleyball net....I really want to go do that there. Who knows if those sandbars are even still there, high water rearranges a river every time.
Summer dreaming....are you familiar with this song? It's become my theme song, About one of my favorite things to do;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =potNR-wW-iYXX
On the Pontoon
Little Big Town
"...get yourself a coozie, let's go!"
"...on the pontoon, making waves and catchin rays up on the roof, jumpin off the back don't act like you don't want to,
party in slow-motion, mmmmmmm-motor boatin'!"
<sigh>
<3
I love that song!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#1827 Feb 25, 2013
Mia LeNora wrote:
It's called a star filter which adds a sparkle effect.
I know I must be getting old...when simple things like that delight me, lol.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#1828 Feb 25, 2013
Indigo Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that song!
I know, right? lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#1829 Feb 25, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon Lovely Lady! Princess was right, topix WAS broken! This thread didn't show back up on my tracker until I checked it just now!
Anyway, I don't think it's the full moon causing the surliness and frenetic psychopathy, lol--it's the ASStroid! Hee hee!
Thank you, I love my little baby dolls!
Hope you're having a good day down there! <3
Good afternoon, my beauty! Full moon tonight! Haven't been here since Feb 15th ... have a lot to catch up on ... Hello to R and arms around the both of you! Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#1830 Feb 25, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Flower...
Slo Mo huh??? I wish...
Life has a way of changing any plans I might make so I just go with the flow.. fast or slow..
;o)
@}-'--,---
Good morning, Rose Bud ... after our last IRL conversation ... going with flow has an all new meaning, hahahahahhahahaha Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#1831 Feb 25, 2013
harleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
And hello to you to FC. Wishing you a pleasant and serence peaceful Sunday.
Good afternoon, HH ... well, that was Sunday's ago ... but Sunday afternoon yesterday seems like a blur, lol ... Finally, I got to rest very well and hope it was relaxing for you as well ... Hope the family and b/f are well and you are, too! Enjoy your week! Peace~FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#1832 Feb 25, 2013
May each of you have a peaceful day! Enjoy! FC <3 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple Charged In Fatal Shooting In North Minne... 2 min Ellison ISIS Muslim 19
News The stunning facial inkings of a little known t... 3 min andet1987 21
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min Mila Beaujolais 12,804
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 12 min Mila Beaujolais 1,514
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min Mila Beaujolais 22,214
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 15 min -ZAMASU- 148,477
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 16 min Princess Hey 48,298
What Topics knows about you 34 min _Susan_ 85
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min wichita-rick 207,146
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr whose who 2,460
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Suezanne 10,642
More from around the web