First Prev
of 83
Next Last
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#1 Aug 10, 2010
...I was thinking it would nice to have a place where people could come together... in peace.

...bickering, fighting is raw on the soul...I know from personal experience....

...maybe extend an olive branch...tell a joke...get to know each other better...

...I know there are many talents here...gardening...crocheting. ..painting...writing...and many more...we could all learn from each other....

...show your talents here...get advice here...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#2 Aug 10, 2010
...I'll go first...the heat is getting my impatiens...but I seem to find more and more of them on the ground looking like the stem has dried where they meet the ground...anyone have any suggestions...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Aug 10, 2010
Rosa, the front lawn got mowed today, I swept up all the flyaway grass, but I am definately not a gardener. Plant food? Different location if they prefer shade or sun. Less watering? More watering? I think WildBlue Rose is a big gardener. I know she has a thread about it so she cant just be whistling through her hat.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#4 Aug 10, 2010
AS IF!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#5 Aug 10, 2010
Vee wrote:
Rosa, the front lawn got mowed today, I swept up all the flyaway grass, but I am definately not a gardener. Plant food? Different location if they prefer shade or sun. Less watering? More watering? I think WildBlue Rose is a big gardener. I know she has a thread about it so she cant just be whistling through her hat.
...thank you Vee...I'll wait to see if I get advice from any of the peaceful folks out there...I feel quite sure their are others who feel like we do....

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#6 Aug 10, 2010
Rosa wrote:
...I was thinking it would nice to have a place where people could come together... in peace.
...maybe extend an olive branch...tell a joke...get to know each other better...
...I know there are many talents here...gardening...crocheting. ..painting...writing...and many more...we could all learn from each other....
Knock Knock...<<peeking in door>> Hi Rosa! I just wanted to say congratulations on your new thread. Enjoy!!
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#7 Aug 10, 2010
La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Knock Knock...<<peeking in door>> Hi Rosa! I just wanted to say congratulations on your new thread. Enjoy!!
...hi Sunshine...welcome...how have you been?...it's really a thread for all of us to enjoy...no slurs...no ill comments...no fights...no bickering...all that reveals the rot in the soul...the anger in the spirit...I hope you will visit again soon...

...have any fun stories to tell...or pets you want to talk about...

...please share...

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#8 Aug 10, 2010
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>...thank you Vee...I'll wait to see if I get advice from any of the peaceful folks out there...I feel quite sure their are others who feel like we do....
I totally agree. I asked my sister and she said you are not watering them enough and they take a lot of water. Now my advice if you are going to try that, please put little tiny life preservers on each one, in case they cant swim.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#9 Aug 10, 2010
Rosa, you know when Brigitte returns she will definately have to offer her gardening expertise, the "french way." I bet a lot of kissing is involved here.

Straight To Hells Door

#10 Aug 10, 2010
I can not believe this garbage... Sunshine wishing Prayerful One well....after she made her life a living hell for over a year... WHAT A FREAKIN' CROCK!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Aug 10, 2010
Wonderful thread Rosa. We are at the point with our yard where we can continue to water everyday and mow every two days and have a beautiful yard or join the rest of the neighborhood and just let it die. I told hubby he is the one that has to mow in the heat so it is his choice. I wonder if he is ready to look in to astro turf yet. LOL. I am so ready for fall and winter. My favorite time of the year. The heat really makes me tired now. It has been around the 100's and higher here lately.
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#12 Aug 10, 2010
Vee wrote:
Rosa, you know when Brigitte returns she will definately have to offer her gardening expertise, the "french way." I bet a lot of kissing is involved here.
LMAO...yes...french kissing...
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#13 Aug 10, 2010
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree. I asked my sister and she said you are not watering them enough and they take a lot of water. Now my advice if you are going to try that, please put little tiny life preservers on each one, in case they cant swim.
...I will certainly try that...they are desperate for something...if that doesn't work...I will dig them up and plant something else in the bed....I love my garden...it's a really calming effect to sit there and let go....nature serves a wonderful purpose that way....

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#14 Aug 10, 2010
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO...yes...french kissing...
It might get complicated if she tells you that you need to buy a French Poodle, and some Brie.
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#15 Aug 10, 2010
Sebastians mom wrote:
Wonderful thread Rosa. We are at the point with our yard where we can continue to water everyday and mow every two days and have a beautiful yard or join the rest of the neighborhood and just let it die. I told hubby he is the one that has to mow in the heat so it is his choice. I wonder if he is ready to look in to astro turf yet. LOL. I am so ready for fall and winter. My favorite time of the year. The heat really makes me tired now. It has been around the 100's and higher here lately.
...oh I know about having to water so much...I don't use sprinklers on every part of the yard and the plants in the pots and hanging baskets are all watered by hand...I am looking forward to fall also....SM...if you are gonna be out in the yard...please take frequent breaks...in your condition...I'm not too sure it's not better just to let the grass die...

...just curious...does Sebastian follow you in the yard too?

...thanks for visiting....

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#16 Aug 10, 2010
Rosa wrote:
Good luck with this thread Rosa, I have tried twice to promote peace with 2 different threads, and they died a slow death, from lack of posters. I hope yours has a long life, Topix definitely needs more peace and less strife.
Peace

Straight To Hells Door

#17 Aug 10, 2010
This thread is as phony as the one who made it... Peace sure I bet that's what she is after... Just long enough to fool people into thinking she is a real sweetie... and then she'll tear you all down just like she did MO4 and Sunshine...
I have a long memory and I'm not real big on fake ass bullshit.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Aug 10, 2010
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>...oh I know about having to water so much...I don't use sprinklers on every part of the yard and the plants in the pots and hanging baskets are all watered by hand...I am looking forward to fall also....SM...if you are gonna be out in the yard...please take frequent breaks...in your condition...I'm not too sure it's not better just to let the grass die...
...just curious...does Sebastian follow you in the yard too?
...thanks for visiting....
If I am out he is usually right by my side. I have an umbrella that attaches to my little yard cart so I can have some shade while I am working and I only go out early or late. Sebastian has a little water bowl that I bring out with ice of course so he doesn't mind it so much. We don't spend very long. Just enough to water the roses and pull any weeds we need to. Even I can't kill the roses that are growing. I love the smell that comes off of them with a little breeze. They were a mess when we moved in and I got them pruned and cleaned up and growing on a trellis now. I couldn't tell you what kind, but they are a deep red and very fragrant.
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#19 Aug 10, 2010
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with this thread Rosa, I have tried twice to promote peace with 2 different threads, and they died a slow death, from lack of posters. I hope yours has a long life, Topix definitely needs more peace and less strife.
Peace
...thank you Redneck Hippie...some people will post in peace....and some people won't....it's up to them...thanks for posting and welcome....
Rosa

Eunice, LA

#20 Aug 10, 2010
Sebastians mom wrote:
<quoted text>If I am out he is usually right by my side. I have an umbrella that attaches to my little yard cart so I can have some shade while I am working and I only go out early or late. Sebastian has a little water bowl that I bring out with ice of course so he doesn't mind it so much. We don't spend very long. Just enough to water the roses and pull any weeds we need to. Even I can't kill the roses that are growing. I love the smell that comes off of them with a little breeze. They were a mess when we moved in and I got them pruned and cleaned up and growing on a trellis now. I couldn't tell you what kind, but they are a deep red and very fragrant.
...you have that baby spoiled don't you?...they are great company...and offer unselfish love....

....I too love the smell of roses....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 83
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 4 min Princess Hey 294
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Dogen 134,172
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min Jennifer Renee 7,786
Hawaii Blizzard 5 min Dr Wu 2
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 5 min 40ish 643
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 11 min Princess Hey 6,914
Police: Baby Jesus taken, replaced with pig's head 12 min Dr Wu 4
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min -Lea- 25,923
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 25 min Dr Wu 17
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr stray-cat 152,828