Town locked down after eight year old is stabbed to death

Apr 29, 2013 Full story: Star999.com 28

Residents were told to lock their doors and stay inside after Leila Fowler's body was found after the child was stabbed to death.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 30, 2013
wow how sad.

another freak on the loose...

“ Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 30, 2013
This is a sad story.... Is anyone safe anywhere, anymore?

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#3 Apr 30, 2013
So is this the new normal, declaring martial law everytime someone commits a crime.
Yep

United States

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
So is this the new normal, declaring martial law everytime someone commits a crime.
It's the liberal way. Just like "Affordable Health Care" is not about Health or care, and it's obviously not about being affordable. It's all about CONTROL.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#5 Apr 30, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
I believe it is called...basic training.

Let's see if everyone claps their hands and cheers this time.
Level 7

Location hidden

#6 Apr 30, 2013
the heart of a madman ...

RIP little angel..
<3
Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 30, 2013
OMG!

Pure evil!

No mercy for that monster!

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#8 Apr 30, 2013
PFfff wrote:
wow how sad.
another freak on the loose...
There was an article the other day that stated that the temperament of people is declining due to stress, constant strife and the constant political in fighting instead of doing the country's business.

Level 2

Location hidden

#9 Apr 30, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>It's the liberal way. Just like "Affordable Health Care" is not about Health or care, and it's obviously not about being affordable. It's all about CONTROL.
America is waking up.

Level 6

#10 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>There was an article the other day that stated that the temperament of people is declining due to stress, constant strife and the constant political in fighting instead of doing the country's business.
Our country is more divided than it has been in a long time. We are divided on lines of race, religion, politics and class and our current leadership (all of them not just the President)has done nothing to ease this division.

Level 2

Location hidden

#11 Apr 30, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our country is more divided than it has been in a long time. We are divided on lines of race, religion, politics and class and our current leadership (all of them not just the President)has done nothing to ease this division.
Yes, with the divider in chief, it appears we have started over from the beginning.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#12 Apr 30, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
divided on lines of race
***not necessarilly directed at you***

Next time get your lazy-a$$ white brothers off the couch and vote!!!

Black voters now out-number white voters.

Why wouldn't you vote and then later on, complain for 4 years that "your candidate" wasn't elected?

Level 6

#13 Apr 30, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
***not necessarilly directed at you***
Next time get your lazy-a$$ white brothers off the couch and vote!!!
Black voters now out-number white voters.
Why wouldn't you vote and then later on, complain for 4 years that "your candidate" wasn't elected?
I voted and my candidate lost, I'm neither whining or complaining. I'm also not leaving out either party from the blame for the mess that we are in.
Back to the subject at hand, I'm sure that even you can see that locking down a town to catch one man is a dangerous precedent to set because once we start down that road where does it end?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#14 Apr 30, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
I voted and my candidate lost, I'm neither whining or complaining. I'm also not leaving out either party from the blame for the mess that we are in.
Back to the subject at hand, I'm sure that even you can see that locking down a town to catch one man is a dangerous precedent to set because once we start down that road where does it end?
Actually it depends on the size of the town among other factors. For instance, a few years back Waupun, Wisconsin was put on total lockdown when two inmates (both convicted murderers) escaped. A day later they were found and returned. It all depends on the situation. Valley Springs, California has a population of 3,500, what are we talking about here? A chuch, a gas staion and a bar on total lockdown?

Level 6

#15 Apr 30, 2013
Two weeks ago would they have locked down the entire town to attempt to catch this guy? I have my doubts.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#16 Apr 30, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
Two weeks ago would they have locked down the entire town to attempt to catch this guy? I have my doubts.
Not real sure what your question is - but a lockdown usually happens when they have to close the town's borders. It doesn't matter when it happened - perhaps the sheriff's department knew who this guy was - who knows.

The town is located at the intersection of State Route 12 and Route 26. Two roads in, two roads out - kinda' like Mayberry.

The racial makeup of the CDP was 87.54% White, 0.66% Black or African American, 1.80% Native American, 1.37% Asian, 0.12% Pacific Islander, 4.84% from other races, and 3.67% from two or more races. 10.74% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

They don't even have their own police force.

I love how the Cons try to make this a federal case of the government trying to take over America and "infringe" on American's rights.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#17 Apr 30, 2013
"The parents were away from the home at a baseball game with another of their children when the incident occurred."

Who leaves an 8-year old at home alone?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/349027#...
debbie

Newnan, GA

#18 Apr 30, 2013
this story sounds fishey to me from the start
It Depends

United States

#19 Apr 30, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not real sure what your question is - but a lockdown usually happens when they have to close the town's borders. It doesn't matter when it happened - perhaps the sheriff's department knew who this guy was - who knows.
The town is located at the intersection of State Route 12 and Route 26. Two roads in, two roads out - kinda' like Mayberry.
The racial makeup of the CDP was 87.54% White, 0.66% Black or African American, 1.80% Native American, 1.37% Asian, 0.12% Pacific Islander, 4.84% from other races, and 3.67% from two or more races. 10.74% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
They don't even have their own police force.
I love how the Cons try to make this a federal case of the government trying to take over America and "infringe" on American's rights.
When they're searching for fugitives in a lockdown, should they be looking through your drawers, kitchen cabinets, etc? You know, spaces where a person obviously couldn't hide?

Dangerous precedents are dangerous precedents. I just hope we don't end up living in a police state, courtesy of Emperor Obama and the Libocrats.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#20 May 1, 2013
It Depends wrote:
<quoted text>When they're searching for fugitives in a lockdown, should they be looking through your drawers, kitchen cabinets, etc? You know, spaces where a person obviously couldn't hide?
Dangerous precedents are dangerous precedents. I just hope we don't end up living in a police state, courtesy of Emperor Obama and the Libocrats.
"Residents were told to lock their doors and stay inside after Leila Fowler’s body was found after the child was stabbed to death."

Lockdowns are used to protect people inside a facility from a dangerous external event.

The police advised the public to lock their doors - which most did.

"Nobody is staying alone," said Barci, a truck driver and parent volunteer at Jenny Lind Elementary School, where victim Leila Fowler was a popular third-grader. "I told my work I'm not coming in, and I'm just going to have all of my kids' friends at the house until this is over."

It's weird that most Conservatives look to place blame wherever they can muster blame. In this case, it's the local police for putting the town in a "lockdown" situation. If they hadn't and another child was murdered, they would've blamed the police for not doing enough - JUST...LIKE...BOSTON.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy New Year 2015 20 min Your a_nut_case 20
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 32 min Jennifer Renee 7,817
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min Bree_Z 152,879
how to forget a person u love but has hurt u? (Apr '11) 38 min Roxie Darling 294
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 48 min dirtclod 134,519
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 51 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,428
True or False Game 55 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,312
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 37,788
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 26,019
Is it possible to....... 2 hr Laughing Out Loud 615
More from around the web