Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“He said What?!”

Level 5

Since: Feb 10

No Way! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Watch this clip from The Dr. Phil Show :
http://youtu.be/IhmrhW6cwiE...

Do you think M.E.(lady in the clip) is a sociopath?
Why or why not?

Do you think you may be a sociopath?
Have a sociopaths tendencies?
Why?
Or why not

In this thread it is perfectly ok to not use your known avatar. Use what ever name you want if it will allow you to be truthful.

This thread is not for slamming, trolling or abusing another poster or to judge them.

If you do not wish to discuss your personal psyche, or the clip
then I ask that you respectfully ignore this thread and the people posting here.

Intrigued? Then lets begin...

I do not think M.E. is a sociopath.

I think she has a narcissistic personality disorder.

To some extent, I can relate to a few of her (rather common) fantasies.

But for the most part I found her vapid, delusional and weakly manipulative.

What do you think?

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I don't know much about sociopaths, but someone told me I was delusional. I laughed so hard, I nearly fell off my unicorn.....
beatlesinthebog

Christchurch, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Apparently...but who believes cops these days?
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ha, could be that Dr. Phil is a sociopath. Just kidding, but you never know, lol. After having so many guests on his show and all the money that he's raking in, he often looks like he has a blank stare on his face - just another work day for a big celebrity. Anyway, his armchair psychology seems rather logical and predictable, imo. He must even be asking himself sometimes, "Where do these people come from?" Still, they are people with problems just like anyone may be experiencing across America. For him, the more the merrier. His show will probably thrive until he's too old to do it anymore.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A thought wrote:
<quoted text>He always struck me as a phony who got a long way with common sense rather than a degree. I think I read where he's not quite a doctor. He's also prone to using his physical size as a tool, as in: "I'm 6'6" and I dare YOU to say that to ME!" I'm all for street justice but, I expect educated, pop psychologists to be able to outwit folks rather than bully them.
I agree. Most television is hype. TV is about money. There were a few back in the day who I use to watch occasionally; Dr. Joyce Brothers use to be a frequent guest on shows, then there was Dr. Stillman - the diet doc who use to guest on The Johnny Carson Show, and who can ever forget Dr. Ruth, the sex therapist. There are a few more that I can't remember right at the moment. I never was into psychics, but they probably do well. For those that are into psychics, there is the "Long Island Madame", the current tele-psychic. Very little talent on TV these days. Thank God for DVD players.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I cant stand that guy. hes a nutjob..

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

A sociopath wouldn't recognize themselves as being one, would they?

I know right from wrong and have a conscience so I'm very capable of punishing myself when I wrong others. I can foresee the consequences if caught.

Phil has become a wh*re for the biz and he learned from the best in that regard. I can't tolerate even watching him anymore. You can almost guess what story will be sensationalized next.

How do you feel about that and how's that working for YA,... Phil?

“He said What?!”

Level 5

Since: Feb 10

No Way! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

bell wrote:
No ME is Not a sociopath.
She seems to have a personality disorder though! A true sociopath has NO feelings for anyone but their self.
Such a a home wrecker... Enjoying the excitement/sex and not thinking how they are hurting someone else's family!
I know a few girls like that... Only thinking of what feels good ( no morals or values), how they look, what they want...
Thank you for staying on the topic of M.E.
I would like for this discussion to focus on each posters own psyche, and not opinions of morality in others.
By your reply is it OK to assume that you have been affected by someone you consider a sociopath?
How did that change or alter your psyche?

“He said What?!”

Level 5

Since: Feb 10

No Way! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

For those critiquing the Dr. Phil connection,,, Please understand that watching that clip was only a catalyst for this thread.
It is not about Dr. Phil or opinions about his show.

What Are the Personality Traits of a Sociopath?
http://www.livestrong.com/article/97729-perso...

“He said What?!”

Level 5

Since: Feb 10

No Way! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

anonymous ferrerman wrote:
I'm being stalked by a sociopath on Topix, if that counts.
The accusations of "crazy" etc. have been bantered about Topix from the start.
But you raise a good point to question.
When,(in your opinions) does common trolling cross the line into psychopathy?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

HUM a few bars..and see if..it Clicks!!

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

ShirleyUjest wrote:
For those critiquing the Dr. Phil connection,,, Please understand that watching that clip was only a catalyst for this thread.
It is not about Dr. Phil or opinions about his show.
What Are the Personality Traits of a Sociopath?
http://www.livestrong.com/article/97729-perso...
Regrets

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

I'd love to be one of those folks that have a 900 number and give out lucky knumbers , isthat a psyche?
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I'm sure that I'm not a sociopath. I don't deliberately or willfully hurt people and if by any chance I would ever accidentally hurt someone's feelings in some way that I'm not aware of, I will go out of my way to make up for it and/or apologize. It's true that most sociopaths are not murderers or even dangerous and thank God for that. Sociopaths just happen to be people who don't feel empathy or compassion the way their opposites do. These days, it makes me wonder what exactly is normal anymore. I'm only speculating, but it could be that the behavior of sociopaths goes back to our earliest primitive roots and may have been necessary for survival. We're all human and not perfect. People are always hurting each other for some reason or other, and many go on to later regret their mistakes. Not all sociopaths are always completely devoid of sympathy or compassion either, but a true sociopath generally is capable of feeling compassion and sympathy only for his or herself. He/she could care less about anyone else or the rest of the world for that matter. I have read that there have been many people in politics and other public area who have been or are sociopaths. Just look at the way our world is going. Greed, power, war, violence, lack of concern or care for what is crucial and/or vital to the earth and it's inhabitants and evil corporations more concerned about becoming even richer then they are, without any concern for the rest of the world. All these behaviors have wrecked havoc on civilization throughout history and society as a whole and it's still continuing. Let's hope we have a balance of what is also good in this world because that may help mankind and save him in the future.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Only will admit to it..IF a PARTY is thrown in..!!!!

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Your lucky number is Peanuts,...

“He said What?!”

Level 5

Since: Feb 10

No Way! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

bell wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience made me a little hard if you will towards life & others. It is VERY difficult for me to trust ANYONE after what I've been through... But what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger/ wiser.
Live & learn ... Forgive but NEVER forget... Especially when dealing with a sociopath.
Thank you Bell for sharing such personal thoughts and feelings.
Your post is touching.
I've had a similar experience, 20 years ago.
Have found it impossible to form a trusting relationship since.
How did you find closure on that chapter of your life?

“He said What?!”

Level 5

Since: Feb 10

No Way! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

A thought wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Phil might say you're being anal. You just don't get it, do you?!
No, I don't understand your somewhat aggressive reply here.
In your first post, You said someone stalked you on topix.
Who online today is not aware that some people have had stalkers get into their personal RW lives?
Several instances have been well publicized and suits have been filed.
In some cases criminal charges too.
So I will ask again "When,(in your opinion) does common trolling cross the line from, say obsession, into psychopathy?"

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 26, 2013
 
ShirleyUjest wrote:
Watch this clip from The Dr. Phil Show :
http://youtu.be/IhmrhW6cwiE...
Do you think M.E.(lady in the clip) is a sociopath?
Why or why not?
Do you think you may be a sociopath?
Have a sociopaths tendencies?
Why?
Or why not
In this thread it is perfectly ok to not use your known avatar. Use what ever name you want if it will allow you to be truthful.
This thread is not for slamming, trolling or abusing another poster or to judge them.
If you do not wish to discuss your personal psyche, or the clip
then I ask that you respectfully ignore this thread and the people posting here.
Intrigued? Then lets begin...
I do not think M.E. is a sociopath.
I think she has a narcissistic personality disorder.
To some extent, I can relate to a few of her (rather common) fantasies.
But for the most part I found her vapid, delusional and weakly manipulative.
What do you think?
Hi Shirley,
I've written in here a few times about sociopaths. Even started a thread once, I think. A lady at work told me about 'The Sociopath Next Door' by Martha Stout-
http://www.amazon.com/Sociopath-Next-Door-Mar...

That book has changed my life. Up to one in twenty five people are sociopaths- according to Martha. Lots of different "experts" have lots of different opinions on the definition and characteristics of sociopaths. I think Dr Phil is an idiot (and probably a sociopath). Sociopaths can span the range from retarded to genius. The stupid ones (male mostly) end up in prison. A lot of the really smart ones are rich businesspersons. Like Bernie Madoff and Donald Trump and Mitt Romney. I believe my mom was one. I also believe it's more that 50% hereditary. One thing I think, that Martha didn't talk about much, is that there are degrees. I definitely feel guilt and remorse and empathy. But, as much as I like animals, I find it usually easy to go hunting and fishing and kill and eat them!
I think ME is one. Depends on your definition and degree. She is also very smart. It could be possible for very smart people to think things through logically and do the right thing, like being nice to her nieces and nephews. It might not be from an inner moral compass. Religion can help people too. Sociopaths need external controls. A belief in Heaven and Hell could help one behave. Money, fame and social acceptance (what my mom had, a desire for social acceptance) can mold behavior. Many women have that strong desire for social acceptance. I also think motherly instincts can be a strong motivator and guide behaviors.
How did that book help me? My daughter says I'm nicer and have a calmer demeanor now. It makes it so I can accept people better, when I know they have no guilt, remorse or empathy, I can tell myself,'it's not their fault', they can't help it. I get taken advantage of less and can stand up for myself better.
Why just Sunday morning, in a Box store parking lot, a guy came up with a gas can and asked for two dollars to buy gas. It was real easy to say,'no'- and I didn't feel guilty! lol

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Nov 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

60s chic wrote:
I'm sure that I'm not a sociopath. I don't deliberately or willfully hurt people and if by any chance I would ever accidentally hurt someone's feelings in some way that I'm not aware of, I will go out of my way to make up for it and/or apologize. It's true that most sociopaths are not murderers or even dangerous and thank God for that. Sociopaths just happen to be people who don't feel empathy or compassion the way their opposites do. These days, it makes me wonder what exactly is normal anymore. I'm only speculating, but it could be that the behavior of sociopaths goes back to our earliest primitive roots and may have been necessary for survival. We're all human and not perfect. People are always hurting each other for some reason or other, and many go on to later regret their mistakes. Not all sociopaths are always completely devoid of sympathy or compassion either, but a true sociopath generally is capable of feeling compassion and sympathy only for his or herself. He/she could care less about anyone else or the rest of the world for that matter. I have read that there have been many people in politics and other public area who have been or are sociopaths. Just look at the way our world is going. Greed, power, war, violence, lack of concern or care for what is crucial and/or vital to the earth and it's inhabitants and evil corporations more concerned about becoming even richer then they are, without any concern for the rest of the world. All these behaviors have wrecked havoc on civilization throughout history and society as a whole and it's still continuing. Let's hope we have a balance of what is also good in this world because that may help mankind and save him in the future.
Good posts here in this thread, 60's. I hate to be so negative, but things don't look good. The best hope is to make friends with the powerful ones (well, not exactly 'friends', you know what I mean), and live a life that makes yourself happy. The rich are getting richer by the day, and going global. They have no sense of "nationalism", no loyalty to a nation or people.
We do need military people who are willing to protect us. Police that can give grandma a ticket. lol Doctors that can pull the plug. Lawyers that can defend someone they know is guilty as sin. Businessmen that can sell a AC to an Eskimo. lol (maybe we don't need those?)
Did you see all that stuff last week about Kennedy? He was a sociopath. Sleeping with Marilyn and who knows who! Clinton wasn't an angel. lol Who knows about Obama? Kennedy was a good decision maker and leader. I actually think with no empathy, remorse or guilt, you might make a better leader than someone who is worrying about what the world thinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tuxedoed Man Fired Shot When Tryst Interrupted 4 min Parden Pard 3
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 8 min CrunchyBacon 163
Fergson Police Dept. 14 min CrunchyBacon 282
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min ChristineM 114,923
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Princess Hey 144,994
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 20 min SLY WEST 29,107
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 26 min SLY WEST 25,807
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 31 min Denny CranesPlace 35,948
What's your tip for the day? 39 min DMAN 774
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 42 min CrunchyBacon 18,272
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••