Feline Fans Mark National Cat Day

Oct 29, 2013 Full story: NBC New York

Oct. 29 marks National Cat Day. Founded in 2005, National Cat Day encourages cat enthusiasts to adopt a shelter cat with a goal of facilitating 10,000 cat adoptions by day's end.

Full Story

“Commentaries”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 29, 2013
Poor Don Gato was a Feline Cat.
On a high red roof Don Gato Sat.
He went up to read a letter, meow, meow, meow
Where the reading light was better, meow, meow, meow
Was the love life of Don Gato.
Dung Xiao Ping Pong

Medford, NY

#2 Oct 30, 2013
Since today cat day, we make special.... Lunch special now $1 off.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Oct 30, 2013
Cats make great pets. They give so much joy as much as dogs do, or any pet for that matter. I consider them a gift from above. It's sad that so many cats are living outside amongst us, struggling to survive. They may seem happy being outside all the time, but it's not an easy existence. Strays and ferals are confronted with disease, cat fights, traffic, injuries, weather conditions, cruelty and even starvation. In our area, we have 4 feral colonies of cats and several neighbors have trapped most of the cats, had them neutered/spayed and released them back into the wild. This way, they can live out the remainder of their lives and the population of ferals is greatly reduced or eliminated. We've even found good homes for the strays. Some ferals can be tamed but most can't be. I just recently saw a little black cat in my backyard. I had seen her for quite a while in the neighborhood, but she didn't appear to be feral to me. She cowered under my lily patch in the yard and seemed very skittish. I put food out for her and she devoured it like there was no tomorrow. That told me she wasn't used to hunting for her food and she was very likely lost. My daughter found her owner on Facebook and it turned out they lived in back of us! They had recently moved there and the owner said his cat got spooked and ran out somehow. He was so happy to be reunited with his kitty that he cried. I hate to think what would have happened to this sweet little black cat if her owner hadn't been found. I know she wouldn't have survived the harsh cold Winter.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#4 Oct 30, 2013
Sounds like a bunch of...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min MikeF 121,024
Ford Heights, Illinois; Worst town/suburb in Am... (Aug '11) 5 min He who knows 16
Only Three Letter Words - Alphabetically (Jul '11) 13 min Rudy360 1,681
The ALPHABET Game (May '11) 16 min Rudy360 10,745
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 20 min Vector aka Victor... 6,249
Ferreting Out The Ferrets 23 min Chilli J 3
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 25 min Rudy360 3,896
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 29 min Princess Hey 6,837
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 1 hr JV Team 44
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr CJ Rocker 149,045
True or False Game 1 hr -CatCiao- 410
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr ms_Sweeter 22,238

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE