Lotto winner charged with welfare fraud

Lotto winner charged with welfare fraud

There are 117 comments on the www.cbsnews.com story from Apr 17, 2012, titled Lotto winner charged with welfare fraud. In it, www.cbsnews.com reports that:

A Michigan woman who continued to get food stamps after winning a $1 million lottery jackpot has been charged with welfare fraud.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cbsnews.com.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#22 Apr 18, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess she's not as smart as you, a New Yorker stater who is on top of Michigan food stamp rules.
Damn, Sam, that's DILF! Nobody effs with DILF!

Just ask Mrs DILF....
bailout my duck

Hanover Park, IL

#23 Apr 18, 2012
just saying wrote:
She is the wrong color to keep stealing from the state and expect to get away with it.
lol only black is smart enough lol

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Level 7

Since: May 07

London, England

#24 Apr 18, 2012
I hope the judge fines her $700,000 and puts her back on welfare

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#25 Apr 18, 2012
no wlefare for her
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#26 Apr 18, 2012
Farewell to welfare.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#27 Apr 18, 2012
Is some cases, it is neither well nor fair.
DILF

Huntington, NY

#29 Apr 19, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, Sam, that's DILF! Nobody effs with DILF!
Just ask Mrs DILF....
Literally!!!!

lol.....
Say What What

Newport News, VA

#30 Apr 19, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
I was floored the other day at work, some guy had an EBT card and told me I had to key the numbers in because his card was 10 years old ...... really?
Food stamps for 10 years?
Its a lifestyle.....

“EASYGINGHONEY”

Level 3

Since: Jan 12

SOUTHSIDE

#31 Apr 19, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean in ten years he couldn't find employment or just didn't want too?
Too bad the card didn't pay for his beer too, what a shame.
. For one, you know very little about this man, I'm assuming, he may have health issues he may raise his grandkids, he may have mental disorders

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

American right to fly it

#32 Apr 19, 2012
jmknuk wrote:
<quoted text>. For one, you know very little about this man, I'm assuming, he may have health issues he may raise his grandkids, he may have mental disorders
Then he didn't need the beer.

Hey geno, how they hanging?
Oops! My bad, they don't.

“EASYGINGHONEY”

Level 3

SOUTHSIDE

#33 Apr 19, 2012
Point being you just really don't know, You assume he's in the wrong because he's ha. Food stamps too long, that's crazy. You know how hard it is for a person to walk into an office and ask for help, it takes a lot of pride swallowing. Find another job cause your not very good being a judge. But that's just my opinion.

“EASYGINGHONEY”

Level 3

SOUTHSIDE

#34 Apr 19, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he didn't need the beer.
Hey geno, how they hanging?
Oops! My bad, they don't.
that's another thing..but still the man clearly needs food stamps. Be greatfull we live in a country that's able to help its community's at least have something to eat. Come on.
fed the f up with FC

Sherwood, AR

#35 Apr 19, 2012
she has a gambling problem along with a case of some timers

Location hidden

#36 Apr 19, 2012
jmknuk wrote:
<quoted text> that's another thing..but still the man clearly needs food stamps. Be greatfull we live in a country that's able to help its community's at least have something to eat. Come on.
Indeed. We'll see how wonderful this country is when social programs are eliminated and families are out on the streets, starving.

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

American right to fly it

#37 Apr 19, 2012
What I do know is how easy it is for people to scam the system. That's the reality that you obviously don't get. Welfare workers are woefully over burdened and that, my new fellow poster, makes it easy for people to slip through the system. I believe I have more experience than you about how it works.
Considering that I've worked many years with the public does not make me stupid, it makes me a realist. I happen to like people, but there are crooks among them ..... ya think? And many snicker up their sleeve about getting something for nothing. Where is the pride in that?
You act as if you know the man and you do not, yet I see him quite regularly. So who do you think can guess more at his situation?
Thanks again geno for giving yourself away by judging my post, lol ..... putz.

Location hidden

#38 Apr 19, 2012
The thing about people is that they all come from the general population. Thats gotta change!

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

American right to fly it

#39 Apr 19, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed. We'll see how wonderful this country is when social programs are eliminated and families are out on the streets, starving.
Yes, we are all so grateful that America has turned into a land of helping the lazy. I can say this easily after watching how folks get away with working hard to get something for nothing.
Yes, I do agree that some people need help, but I think since I work closer to it then most, I see what you refuse to see.
A young man who injured his back cannot get help from the state, he loses his business and has to get help from his family to get the surgery he needs. And yet another of our fine citizens fathers countless children, unwed mind you, and doesn't work. He receives benefits and a knee surgery because why? He is a father to multiple children. And goodness, he needs to support them even if he doesn't work.
This is a true story, you can't make up stuff like this. Would you like another? A whole shift, at a place I cannot mention, all the women receive help because everyone of them lied saying they had no man at home. No welfare worker checks on that. So all these gals are doing just fine because of attitudes like yours. While folks with integrity eat spam, they dine on steak.
I'm not making this up. Believe that.
The idea of helping those is need is a far cry from the realism of what it's become.

Location hidden

#40 Apr 19, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are all so grateful that America has turned into a land of helping the lazy. I can say this easily after watching how folks get away with working hard to get something for nothing.
Yes, I do agree that some people need help, but I think since I work closer to it then most, I see what you refuse to see.
A young man who injured his back cannot get help from the state, he loses his business and has to get help from his family to get the surgery he needs. And yet another of our fine citizens fathers countless children, unwed mind you, and doesn't work. He receives benefits and a knee surgery because why? He is a father to multiple children. And goodness, he needs to support them even if he doesn't work.
This is a true story, you can't make up stuff like this. Would you like another? A whole shift, at a place I cannot mention, all the women receive help because everyone of them lied saying they had no man at home. No welfare worker checks on that. So all these gals are doing just fine because of attitudes like yours. While folks with integrity eat spam, they dine on steak.
I'm not making this up. Believe that.
The idea of helping those is need is a far cry from the realism of what it's become.
I'm familiar with your anecdotal stories as well as your quest to perfect the world. Good luck with that!

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

American right to fly it

#41 Apr 19, 2012
Oh, another good one. My neighbors, who just moved into a home with a pool and of course neither work. Have been living off your dime for years. They have 6 children and they just bought a home, also from benefits that our government provides.
I wonder how he affords his pot? We smelled it all the time, is that funded too? Or does he just have enough cash to buy it since that fine thinking you have going on allows him to receive money.
Oh happy day!

“Swimming with a boatload of”

Level 4

Since: Apr 12

Snarks!

#42 Apr 19, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
The thing about people is that they all come from the general population. Thats gotta change!
It's funny how some are so burdened and consumed by the few who are scam artists collecting $200/week but are not concerned about the banksters fleecing all of us out of billions causing us all to count every penny we earn. Hysterical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Word (Jan '09) 6 min Dont_You_Dare 17,069
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min quilterqueen 59,642
News Crews free man stuck between buildings after bi... 10 min andet1987 10
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min Dont_You_Dare 19,646
News 7 weird dog behaviors and what they mean 18 min 8541 MARINE 24
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min wichita-rick 197,272
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 28 min andet1987 59,813
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 33,139
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 2 hr beatlesinthebog 587
More from around the web