For Dear FlowerChild

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#18908 Feb 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
I put in The Story of Rodriguez in my Netflix queue ... up came "SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN" ... it has 5 Stars beside it and "a very long wait" ... I pushed it to the top of my queue ...
synopsis: "The incredible true story of Rodriguez, the greatest '70s rock icon who never was. Decades after Detroit singer-songwriter Rodriguez disappeared following the failure of his two critically praised records in the 1970s, two fans from South Africa, where Rodriguez was a huge hit, try to track down their idol"
Will, is this the movie that you are watching or is there another one? It's on my Netflix queue now ... Hope it comes in soon as it's on a "long wait" ...
Thanks for turning me on to what appears to be a great story ... I will, of course, give my review after it's been seen ... I know yall just LOVE my book and movie reviews ... Oh, and guess what, I get to start reading again ... driving, too! Yippee skippy dollar fifty ... yikes, world ---> look out, FC on the loose! LOL ...
That's it!

Sorry the wait is so long... better than the 43 years it took us to just get this far with finding Rodriguez, though!

Here's the Trailer for SFSM:

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18909 Feb 15, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>I have called Rotor many things since I've known him--some are even fit to print on Topix, but never have I EVER called him "pretty one" LOL
morning Flower. Thankfully it's Friday....
LOL, got me dint'cha? haha ... Good call, pretty one! TGIF ... Celebrate! The weekend is here ... I made an offer on the empty lot next door, I'm pretty sure it will be accepted and my pups will have lots of room to spread the love and more, lol haha ... Have an awesome day, Princess! Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

5886 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18910 Feb 15, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it!
Sorry the wait is so long... better than the 43 years it took us to just get this far with finding Rodriguez, though!
Here's the Trailer for SFSM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tDw7OqVBT-wXX
and, at last he was found! Very cool, Will ... can hardly wait for it to be shipped to me and anyone else interested ... always good to see a good story and a good outcome however long it takes to get there ... Again, thank you for sharing ... and YOU, young man, have an awesome day as well! Peace & Love ~ FC <3 ...

7645 ... a straight will get you where you want to go

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#18911 Feb 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, got me dint'cha? haha ... Good call, pretty one! TGIF ... Celebrate! The weekend is here ... I made an offer on the empty lot next door, I'm pretty sure it will be accepted and my pups will have lots of room to spread the love and more, lol haha ... Have an awesome day, Princess! Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...
5886 ...
That is sooo super. I know the pups will love it, and so will you. I'm excited for you.

Hearts, hugs, and the joys of property ownership....lol

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#18913 Feb 15, 2013
Hi! Yes, indeed.
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning again, Perse ... How is your Friday? Mine was slow to begin with but I'm on my second and final cup of coffee ... Any plans for the weekend?...
How about you?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18914 Feb 15, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>That is sooo super. I know the pups will love it, and so will you. I'm excited for you.
Hearts, hugs, and the joys of property ownership....lol
yes, it's so exciting ... Den and I always kept it "manicured" it looked (and still does looks) like a park ... cash offer I'm sure they'll accept and the price was right for me as well ... so very exciting ... it would be a travesty to have all those trees cut down ... it should be a "park" for the pups ... Happy Day to you, Princess! <3 ...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#18915 Feb 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
and, at last he was found! Very cool, Will ... can hardly wait for it to be shipped to me and anyone else interested ... always good to see a good story and a good outcome however long it takes to get there ... Again, thank you for sharing ... and YOU, young man, have an awesome day as well! Peace & Love ~ FC <3 ...
One interesting bit of information for the future is Rodriguez mentions at some point he has about 30 songs from over the years he'd like to get recorded.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18916 Feb 15, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Hi! Yes, indeed. <quoted text>How about you?
very good day ... >>taps fingers<< still waiting on delivery of materials for Tuesday's work ... the company said between 9-12 but they didn't say which time zone, LOL ... oh, well ... patience, my friend!...

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#18917 Feb 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
very good day ... >>taps fingers<< still waiting on delivery of materials for Tuesday's work ... the company said between 9-12 but they didn't say which time zone, LOL ... oh, well ... patience, my friend!...
Hmmm

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#18918 Feb 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Flower-Child, any poets or poetry readers out there, the poetry contest contines... come read, post a poem, or vote for one of the poems:

Another Valentine's poetry challenge:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.arts.po...

George Dance wrote:

The rules are simple: the poem must deal with an aspect of love, and
must include the word "love" somewhere. As well, the poem must be
brought to my attention, either by posting it in this thread linked to above, by
linking to it in the thread linked to above, by mentioning this thread in its subject
header, by sending me an email, or by some other means.

Qualified poems will be announced the following Saturday, and a voting
thread opened. Voting will close midnight EST Sunday.

Prizes (if any) are yet to be determined.

Entries so far:

Birds on the Lake - Hell Stomper
Valentine Street - Double V
Miss Alice Crenshaw - Will Dockery
Afterglow - George Dance
On a Valentine’s Day -=z=
Sex Cells - Hieronymous House

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#18919 Feb 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Rose Bud ... it's kind of early still and I'm not quite yet awake ... the flooring guys to be here between 9-12 to deliver the materials ... INSIDE the house so they can "aclimate" for Tuesdays project ... REALLY? grrrrrr ... I thought maybe the materials would be delivered on a pallet shrink-wrapped outside for the duration but nooooooooo ... going to drive me crazy today and tomorrow ... oh, well ... it is what it is ... no worries ... so my helper cleared out the living room yesterday ... what is going to be fun is moving the docking station off my desk and moving this executive all wood desk which is over 100 years old ... oh yeah, lots of fun ... glad it's not me, lol ... okay, let me make some coffee for a jump start ... posting certainly is not jump starting me, haha ... have an awesome day! Luvya, FC <3 ...
1498 ... a trip back to the store for 3 items left behind, oh snap!
Hey Flower...
I hope that all of your new flooring has arrived and that the job will be done in one day.. I know how you feel about moving all of your stuff out of the room but it's like you said it must be done.. I love those big old antique desks heck I love antique furniture.. I don't have much of it any more but I do think it's beautiful and nothing they make these days can come close to comparing to the craftmanship of those old pieces...
I feel the same way about old buildings and the beautiful brickwork that you see in them.. Now it's a slapped together, no style box... Back in the day masonary was an art form...
Louisville and New Albany still have some very beautiful buildings and I like to just go through the neighborhoods and check them out when I get the chance...
I haven't really done much today other than to clean out my dryer really good... Speaking of which you might want to have your helper get the vaccum and clean out your dryer.. It's not difficult... You need to do that at least once a year to clear out all the lint and junk that builds up in the exhaust and behind the lint trap... You have to remove the exhaust hose and stick the vaccum hose up in it to get it really cleared out..
I was surprised at how much had built up in mine since last year... But it's all cleaned out now and that makes me feel more secure.. Dryer fires are a big deal and they can almost always be prevented by just cleaning out the gunk...
I've got a huge pot of Chili on cooking and it smells great.. I'd send you a big bowl of it if I could..
:o)
I'm feeling pretty good today even though we had a little storm front move through.. It SNAINED (snow&rain) for about a half hour then it stopped so that wasn't to bad.. The temperatures are falling though so it's pretty chilly... Our high was only in the low 40s to begin with and now we are around 36...
OK so I'm gonna surf for a few then I think I'll get the vaccum out again and do the floors... after that I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing...hahahaha
I hope that you are having a great day so far and that your evening wil be even better...
Sending all of my best wishes to you and the pooches... along with a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

1991... Bet Ya My Big Piggy Bank on this one..
;o)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#18920 Feb 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
5886 ...
I was gonna let that slide......

#18921 Feb 15, 2013
Hey Little Flower...
I reckon you have been busy today since I don't see any posts from you.. I know its a chore getting floors put down so I'm not surprised that you haven't posted...
I do hope that your day was a good one and that you managed to simply have some fun...
My Chili turned out to be delicious.. and I ate a Jethro Bowl full..hahahahaha
I have two servings up in the freezer that will feed two people each and I have the other half in the fridge.. That's dinner for me again and I'm gonna take my neighbor a big bowl of that tomorrow for him and his Aunt who he takes care of...
He's a really great guy.. and there's nothing he wouldn't do to help someone who needed help..
I hope that your night will be peaceful and that all of your dreams will be sweet...Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

8293... Fold like a box top...
Maria

United States

#18922 Feb 15, 2013
You really a f'n flower child ?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18923 Feb 16, 2013
Good morning Flower. It turned cool here but back to 70 tomorrow. Have a great weekend :)

#18924 Feb 16, 2013
Hey Flower.....
I hope that you are having a great day so far and that it will just get better..
It turned colder overnight so I was out in 26 degree weather this morning.. The Sun is shining so that a little blessing.. I hate it when I wake up to a gray day...
Sending you all of my best wishes for a day filled with Laughter and Love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#18925 Feb 16, 2013
Hello, Flower-Child... just a quick follow-up on the earlier post about the poetry contest:

The Other Valentine's Contest - finalists and ballot

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.arts.po...

George Dance wrote:

I'm pleased to report that we had 11 submissions for the Other
Valentine's Contest, 9 of which qualified.(I disqualified one because
it did not contain the word "love" or a variant, and the other due to
COI.) To eliminate bias as much as possible,the 8 contestants are
presented here without the author's name, in a random order.

Birds on the Lake
Valentine Street
Passion
on a valentine's day
inLove*
Sex Cells
Miss Alice Crenshaw
A Valentine's Fantasy
As you read this

To encourage a close reading of all poems, the voting is by ranked
preference.(For those new to the term, ranked preference voting is
voting for more than one option, identifying their most preferred as
1, their next as 2, etc.) A person need not assign a preference to all
8 poems. Those who wish to vote for only one poem, in the traditional
way, may still do so; that will be counted as a preference ranking of

Bcause the ballot is a bit late getting out, and because this Monday
is a statutory holiday, voting hours are extended until 6 a.m. Monday
Eastern Standard Time.

Only one ballot per voter will be counted, but voters may change their
preferences any time up until the deadline. If you change your ballot,
please indicate that you have done so, so that you may not be double
counted.

The top three poems will be published in The Penny Blog under the
poet's name (if the poet agrees to that) later this month.

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#18926 Feb 16, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
H*A*P*P*Y ~ V*A*L*E*N*T*I*N*E*S ~ D*A*Y ... May love fill your day ...
>>blows kisses<< Love, FC <3 ...
Thank you, FC. <<smiles+hugs<< <3

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#18927 Feb 17, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, FC. <<smiles+hugs<< <3
Hello, Emma!

Looks like the early morning folks slept in today!

#18928 Feb 17, 2013
Hey Flower..
It's freaking COLD here in the valley today... we might hit 30 for a high if we're lucky.. The sun is shining so that about all I can count as a blessing...
So my big plans are to stay indoors as much as possible...
I hope that your day will be a good one and that no matter what you do you will have fun and enjoy yourself..
Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

1873... Fold like an omelet..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Usain Bolt Taken Down - By A Segway 3 min Fart news 7
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min beatlesinafog 9,459
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min TALLYHO 8541 43,395
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 6 min Crazy Jae 1,166
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 7 min beatlesinafog 3,219
Poll What features would you like in a girl? (Feb '13) 9 min John Bender 158
Let's Play Song Titles With Only Three Words,... (Dec '13) 9 min Crazy Jae 579
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min Crazy Jae 169,197
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 57 min Hot 98 18,635
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Lucy 1,232