|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Flower...
Believe it or not I've GOT SUNSHINE!!!! and it's supposed to get up to 55 degrees.. Not to bad at all... YAY!!!!
Now how did you know I love Chocolate Truffles?
:o)
Sending you back the same and a big slice of Red Velvet Cake with a scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream...
So far today I've managed to walk, water and feed the pack and I've got all of the dog beds in the washer... I plan on vaccuming at some point but I'm in no hurry...
I had blueberry muffins for breakfast... they were yummy..
I haven't quite decided what I'm making for dinner...
I have a bunch of leftovers that need to be used up so what ever I make they will be a part of it..
I'm actually feeling pretty good today so I'm just going to enjoy it.. No big jobs need doing...
I love days when my body is behaving itself.. and not causing me to want to rip out my bones... They are pretty rare and they are very special.. So maybe this day is a Valentine to me from my bones..hahahahaha
I hope that no matter what you do today, you will have fun, enjoy yourself and know that you are loved a bunch!
Sending you all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
3011... Bet A Heart Shaped Pillow...
Afternoon there Rose Bud ... Glad you're feeling great ... good to hear it ... Feeling pretty good over here, too ... made good time to SAT and back, A+ on the report card, yippee!... Every little town on the way to and from there was a Dairy Queen ... I kept thinkin' chocolate dipped ice cream cone ... Finally, on the way back I just HAD TO stop ... now, tell me ... why do they hand you the chocolate dipped ice cream cone and then ask you for the money? huh? does that make sense to you or is it annoying? or do I make them hold it while I'm diggin' for a dollar bill and change because they tell you to pull on up for the amount and cut you off and you can't get an amount until you pull up to the window? Never mind! >>shakes head<< meanwhile, drip drip drip on my napkin wrapped around my once in awhile treat, LOL ... just had to get that out there ... it's all good but my red coat has drips of ice cream so to the cleaners tomorrow, heh! I just had to have that ice cream ... what? instant gratification, hahahaha ... Hope you day was good, Rose ... smooches for the pooches! Luvya, FC <3 ...

3811 ... Spray & Wash and Woolite ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

_Olive_ wrote:
Happy Valentines Day, Flower Child.
Peace and Love.
Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Ginny ... Hope your day was filled with peace and love, too! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text> Check your post again Flower, Rotor is NOT a Princess..lol
hahahahahahaha, I thought I answered this already ... maybe I forgot to put those four little numbers in and enter ... I'm not hitting on all 8's today, obviously! or am I, LOL ...

7937 ... nope!...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Flower-Child, just having to run out the door soon, but here's more on Rodriguez, having rented his DVD documentary last night:
"Just Walkin'" <kenshain@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:7aa5f3ab-959d-4851-9ada-1 ea902acf181@e10g2000vbv.google groups.com...
>Will Dockery wrote:
>
> Rodriguez.
>
> Anyone here listen to Rodriguez?
>
> I was browsing in a little record store in Atlanta last night and
> Rodriguez was playing, the first song snapping pure folk rock at me until
> I had to ask the counter clerk...
>
> "Who is that man?"
>
> I'm still finding that out and I like what I'm finding. Anyone else?
>
Howdy Will. How're things down Shadowville-ways?
Old Sixto's one cool cat with two legacy releases, both sustainably
spinworthy, and a recent soundtrack compilation.
Here're a couple of useful links:
Interview on 60 Minutes:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...
Bonus Clip of Daughter's remarks:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...
Tavis Smiley interviews Malik Bendjelloul, the filmmaker behind
Searching for Sugar Man:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/interview...
Thanks JW... I just watched the documentary "Searching For Sugar Man" a
couple of times this morning, and the mystery seems deeper than ever!
Many questions, and even the answers given raise questions...
http://www.redbox.com/movies/searching-for-su...
"In the late 1960s, two celebrated producers discovered a musician in a
Detroit bar and were struck by his soulful melodies and prophetic lyrics.
They recorded an album that they believed was going to secure his reputation
as one of the greatest recording artists of his generation. In fact, the
album bombed and the singer disappeared into obscurity amid rumors of a
gruesome on-stage suicide. But a bootleg recording found its way into
apartheid South Africa, and, over the next two decades, it became a
phenomenon. Two South African fans then set out to find out what really
happened to their hero. Their investigation led them to a story more
extraordinary than any of the existing myths about the artist known as
Rodriguez..."
Happy Valentine's Day, Will!... Thanks for all the info on Rodriguez ... He plays the guitar with his thumb and fingers, like my grandpa used to, no pick!... Cool 60 Minutes Overtime ... thanks so much for sharing ... The other links served useful, too! So much info to be gained ... like they said, he was discovered a little late in time but at least he was discovered! Bravo!... Have a beautiful evening ... FC <3 ...

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Hello FC!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I knew it! Topix is hiccuping today! On the slow bus ... posts are showing up later than usual ... it's all good ... Laters!...

4875 ...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Valentine's Day, Will!... Thanks for all the info on Rodriguez ... He plays the guitar with his thumb and fingers, like my grandpa used to, no pick!... Cool 60 Minutes Overtime ... thanks so much for sharing ... The other links served useful, too! So much info to be gained ... like they said, he was discovered a little late in time but at least he was discovered! Bravo!... Have a beautiful evening ... FC <3 ...
Rodriguez made two records, and as he says in the movie, "Nothing beats reality so I went back there."

Even ran for Mayor of Detroit several times, the movie explains!

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon there Rose Bud ... Glad you're feeling great ... good to hear it ... Feeling pretty good over here, too ... made good time to SAT and back, A+ on the report card, yippee!... Every little town on the way to and from there was a Dairy Queen ... I kept thinkin' chocolate dipped ice cream cone ... Finally, on the way back I just HAD TO stop ... now, tell me ... why do they hand you the chocolate dipped ice cream cone and then ask you for the money? huh? does that make sense to you or is it annoying? or do I make them hold it while I'm diggin' for a dollar bill and change because they tell you to pull on up for the amount and cut you off and you can't get an amount until you pull up to the window? Never mind! >>shakes head<< meanwhile, drip drip drip on my napkin wrapped around my once in awhile treat, LOL ... just had to get that out there ... it's all good but my red coat has drips of ice cream so to the cleaners tomorrow, heh! I just had to have that ice cream ... what? instant gratification, hahahaha ... Hope you day was good, Rose ... smooches for the pooches! Luvya, FC <3 ...
3811 ... Spray & Wash and Woolite ...
Hey Flower...
I'm with you on the Ice Cream.. Why do they hand it to you before you've paid? makes no sense at all to me.. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and got a special treat too...
It's been a really nice day and I enjoyed it very much... Of course the down sifde is that it won't last and we have more rain approaching us as I type...
OH Well at least today was great... OK so the Pack are telling me it's time to get up and take them out for the last walk of the day so I better get at it..
I hope that your night will be peaceful and that all of your dreams will be just as sweet as that Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream was...
Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

3151... Bet ya a Banana Split!!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
Hello FC!
Good morning, Perse!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Rodriguez made two records, and as he says in the movie, "Nothing beats reality so I went back there."
Even ran for Mayor of Detroit several times, the movie explains!
Good morning, Will ... will have to really have to check out that movie in its entirety ... Detroit is one tough city and that'd of been one hard feat to conquer ... I wonder if there's a bio on him? Enjoy your day .l. Peace~FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Flower...
I'm with you on the Ice Cream.. Why do they hand it to you before you've paid? makes no sense at all to me.. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and got a special treat too...
It's been a really nice day and I enjoyed it very much... Of course the down sifde is that it won't last and we have more rain approaching us as I type...
OH Well at least today was great... OK so the Pack are telling me it's time to get up and take them out for the last walk of the day so I better get at it..
I hope that your night will be peaceful and that all of your dreams will be just as sweet as that Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream was...
Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
3151... Bet ya a Banana Split!!!
Good morning, Rose Bud ... it's kind of early still and I'm not quite yet awake ... the flooring guys to be here between 9-12 to deliver the materials ... INSIDE the house so they can "aclimate" for Tuesdays project ... REALLY? grrrrrr ... I thought maybe the materials would be delivered on a pallet shrink-wrapped outside for the duration but nooooooooo ... going to drive me crazy today and tomorrow ... oh, well ... it is what it is ... no worries ... so my helper cleared out the living room yesterday ... what is going to be fun is moving the docking station off my desk and moving this executive all wood desk which is over 100 years old ... oh yeah, lots of fun ... glad it's not me, lol ... okay, let me make some coffee for a jump start ... posting certainly is not jump starting me, haha ... have an awesome day! Luvya, FC <3 ...

1498 ... a trip back to the store for 3 items left behind, oh snap!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Mystical and Magical

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Perse!
Good morning Flower. Did I leave my horse tied up here? Sure like to find him. It is a long walk back :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. Did I leave my horse tied up here? Sure like to find him. It is a long walk back :)
Good morning, Denny! Are you doing the walk of shame or something? LOL ... Pretty sad when you lose your horse, hahahaha ... maybe at the saloon? LOL ... at the realm albeit I doubt Princess would allow your Clydesdale at the realm, haha ... happy hunting! Have fun! >>chuckles<<

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Will ... will have to really have to check out that movie in its entirety ... Detroit is one tough city and that'd of been one hard feat to conquer ... I wonder if there's a bio on him? Enjoy your day .l. Peace~FC <3 ...
The film is excellent, I've been watching it for a day now, the film ends, and I wind up hitting "play" again... the story of Rodriguez is filled with mystery, even now.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Hello again...
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Perse!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
The film is excellent, I've been watching it for a day now, the film ends, and I wind up hitting "play" again... the story of Rodriguez is filled with mystery, even now.
Good morning, Will ... tell me again ... What is the EXACT name of the film ... maybe I can get it on Netflix and I'll put it on my queue right now ... Are you having a good day?... I should have written it down the other day! drats!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

-Persephone- wrote:
Hello again...<quoted text>
Morning again, Perse ... How is your Friday? Mine was slow to begin with but I'm on my second and final cup of coffee ... Any plans for the weekend?...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I put in The Story of Rodriguez in my Netflix queue ... up came "SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN" ... it has 5 Stars beside it and "a very long wait" ... I pushed it to the top of my queue ...

synopsis: "The incredible true story of Rodriguez, the greatest '70s rock icon who never was. Decades after Detroit singer-songwriter Rodriguez disappeared following the failure of his two critically praised records in the 1970s, two fans from South Africa, where Rodriguez was a huge hit, try to track down their idol"

Will, is this the movie that you are watching or is there another one? It's on my Netflix queue now ... Hope it comes in soon as it's on a "long wait" ...

Thanks for turning me on to what appears to be a great story ... I will, of course, give my review after it's been seen ... I know yall just LOVE my book and movie reviews ... Oh, and guess what, I get to start reading again ... driving, too! Yippee skippy dollar fifty ... yikes, world ---> look out, FC on the loose! LOL ...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Must've been posting half asleep huh Princess ... yep, haste makes waste, LOL ... well, we all know what I meant and who I meant it, too! And the special L-O-V-E we have for the Rotor Man, LOL ... Hope it was a special day for all involved! Hearts, FC <3 ...
I have called Rotor many things since I've known him--some are even fit to print on Topix, but never have I EVER called him "pretty one" LOL

morning Flower. Thankfully it's Friday....

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Will ... tell me again ... What is the EXACT name of the film ... maybe I can get it on Netflix and I'll put it on my queue right now ... Are you having a good day?... I should have written it down the other day! drats!
The title is "Searching For Sugar Man"... I got it from Redbox so I'm sure Netflix will have it also:

http://www.redbox.com/movies/searching-for-su...

"In the late 1960s, two celebrated producers discovered a musician in a
Detroit bar and were struck by his soulful melodies and prophetic lyrics.
They recorded an album that they believed was going to secure his reputation
as one of the greatest recording artists of his generation. In fact, the
album bombed and the singer disappeared into obscurity amid rumors of a
gruesome on-stage suicide. But a bootleg recording found its way into
apartheid South Africa, and, over the next two decades, it became a
phenomenon. Two South African fans then set out to find out what really
happened to their hero. Their investigation led them to a story more
extraordinary than any of the existing myths about the artist known as
Rodriguez..."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,541 - 18,560 of23,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••