REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. Another beautful day ahead. I had a great day yesterday,.I got a new listing plus I picked up a good prospect on building a new home:) I am not making the money I used to but I love the freedom I have :)
Good morning, Denny! Slept til 1120 and woke up to rain, yippee ... it stopped and then I heard roaring thunder and pounding rain ... lasted only about 5 minutes and the sun is peeping through ... it's about,
ON THE PORCH: 62 ... so I suspect it'll turn into another pretty decent day ... UPS was here today and wrapped a package under the porch ceiling in a plastic bag, it was fun trying to get it off on my tiptoes with the rain battering on my head ... boink boink off my head ... fun fun fun, lol ... Hope your weekend was good as mine was ... Enjoy your day! >hugs< FC <3 ...

8839 ... pair of 8's ---> umbrella

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Monday!
Good afternoon, Will! Happy Monday to you, too! lol ... Thank goodness I didn't do too much around here this weekend but kick back and relax so no pre-cleaning before the housekeeper gets here at 2 ... oh, I take that back ... never got around to doing anything about this desk where the genius sits ... it's a mess, lol ...

CBS Sunday Morning yesterday did a piece on MUZAK stating it was 80 years old ... this one lady was listening to the "new" version of what MUZAK is today ... she said something to the effect, "that ain't MUZAK that'll put you to sleep" or something like that, I can't remember, lol ... well, my take on the Grammy's ... Music just isn't what it used to be ... born in the 50's, listened to my mom's 60's music, my first concernt was at the skating rink in Tucson AZ @ the Everly Bros., rocked out in the 70's, big hair rock bands in the 80's and then IDK what happened in the 90's ---> kind of started losing track ... probably started listening to more country ... lost track to where I was going with this (got a phone call;)... anyway, the Grammy's sure aren't what they used to be ... I mean where is the R&R? and the REAL R&B, Muddy Waters, BBK, Eric Clapton, SRV, etc ... I got a kick outta myself when I was listening to some of these youngsters on t.v and said, "who are these people" "never heard of that song" ----------> "man, and they're up there making millions of dollars, I'm going to bed" AND I DID, LOL ... it put ME to sleep, haha ... I suppose I'm not into hip hop, or rap and all the crazy dancing associated with it ... perhaps if I were able to multi-task like walk and chew gum at the same time it might be different, hahaha ... oh, well ... the curse of getting older, lo l ... drats!... okay, will cut it short ... Hope your day is a great one! Take care, thanks for coming by and see you on the other side! Peace & Love ~ FC <3 ...

9433 ... satellite radio

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can get 2 cards out of a wild 0?
I had a 6607, with a 0 that gets me to 666, then that leaves a 7, and that's where I get confused?
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol, well you sound like you're feeling better!
One more time, how do you get a full house out of 6607?
I know the 0 is a wild card, but in real cards you need 5 cards for a full house, how do you get a full house out of 4 cards?
(last time I'll ask I swear) lol
the 0 is wild so you get 3 6's and 2 7's ... a full house ...
9394 ... a pair of 9's ... over a 4 ... deal me another hand ...
yep, I actually drove again today ... gravity, gotta love it ... my feet touch the ground and whoopty doo ... whoa, lol ...
Good afternoon, Ricky ... okie dokie ... here goes ...
right now I have 5533, 2 pair ... pretty good but nothing to write home about ...

0-zero is a wild card which can be used n a couple of 2 ways ...

0132 ---> a straight 1234
0212 ---> 3 2's and an ace high ( the 1 is an ace and the extra card is doubled since you've got 3 2's with the 0 being the wild card ...
7705 ---> 3 7's over 2 5's gives you a full house ... you take the 3 7's and double the 5 giving you a full house ... ALSO ...

1117 ... you CAN make it 3 of a kind BUT in actuality ... it IS 3 aces' over 7's ... that is the rule we made ... sometimes even I forget that rule ...

1111 ... 4 of a kind, best hand ...
4440 ... 4 of a kind, best hand ... of couse, 4 aces beat anything ...

examples of a straight ...

4065 just remember to scramble the numbers to read the straights ... and remember the 0's are wild ...
and so on ...

3 of a kind obviously beat 2 of a kind, and 2 of a kind obviously bet 1 pair and 1 of a kind loses all the time unless one card is bigger than the opponent ...

we don't have kings, queen or jacks ... it's fun ... I hope Rose comes around and sees if I have given you somewhat of correct instruction and that I haven't "jacked" you around, haha (no pun intended) that Jack has one unruly mustache, huh? LOL ... Have fun and if I've confused you or anybody then please ask for clarification ... IDK what I'm typlng as I have not proofread the rules, I'm typing off the tip of my finters and typing the numbers I see in the image on the right and hitting enter, lol ... Enjoy your day! Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

5533 ... desk cleaning time

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

^^^^^MOVIE REVIEW*****
Diminished Capacity ft Matthew Broderick, Virginia Madsen (love her) and Alan Alda ... a story about a very valuable baseball card given to the character played by Alan Alda ... I didn't know this was about that but it ended being a very good movie ... didn't make me cry but it was a great ending ... it was funny in parts, started off slow but then the baseball part got introduced and then, of course, I had to follow it on through to the end, duh! LOL ...

Everyone have a super day! Baseball rocks! and it rolls usually if it's a foul, haha ...

6689 ... a pair of chickens calling fowl

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Hi there Flower. Sorry it's been a day or two since I stopped by, I have been sooooo busy, that I've barely had time for my threads.....

Anyway. I looked out the door this AM (one of the FEW times Cooper wasn't guarding the bird feeder) and in the yard were a whole herd?,(gaggle? school? Bunch?) or meadowlarks. They were sooooo pretty and singing soooo nice. Made me wish it were summer so I could sit out and enjoy them more.

I guess it'll be here soon enough though. Have a super Monday...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Hi there Flower. Sorry it's been a day or two since I stopped by, I have been sooooo busy, that I've barely had time for my threads.....
Anyway. I looked out the door this AM (one of the FEW times Cooper wasn't guarding the bird feeder) and in the yard were a whole herd?,(gaggle? school? Bunch?) or meadowlarks. They were sooooo pretty and singing soooo nice. Made me wish it were summer so I could sit out and enjoy them more.
I guess it'll be here soon enough though. Have a super Monday...
Hello there pretty one! It'll be morning by the time you read this and there'll be slew of more birds by the feeder if Coop doesn't chase them away and you'll be wishing it was spring or summer again ... hope you have another chance to sip some morning tea and enjoy them ... the rain came again today and it was great ... it only lasted 15 minutes but it was great! The sun later came and it was a lovely day! FINALLY, the desk is now clear and can be seen!... it's been a long time coming for that to happen ... like over 2 weeks ... Goodness, can I get any more junk mail and how can I stop it? There has got to be a way!!! I have to tear my name off each and every piece of junk mail and then throw it in recycling ... can you say CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome) LOL ... Hope your Tuesday is a good one and manageable ... I'm going to try and get out to 2 stores only and get home and relax without too much activity as I'm still on restriction from too much activity ... Have fun and enjoy your day! Luvya,mean it! FC <3 ...

7070 ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Hi Flower-Child.
Good to see you writing more, your spirits must be going up.
I always like it when February is over, which will be pretty soon now.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi Flower-Child.
Good to see you writing more, your spirits must be going up.
I always like it when February is over, which will be pretty soon now.
Hi Fishman! Good to see you, too! Yep, my spirits are up and I'm doing more everyday which is a good thing, I think! LOL ... Hope your day was a good one and you're having a great night! February is such a short month and don't forget your loved one Thursday as it is Valentine's Day ... wouldn't want you to get into trouble, hahaha ... 2 weeks from then will be the last day of the month ... Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday so we can indulge all we want, ha! the Ash Wednesday we abstain for what 6 weeks? I forget ... No meat on Fridays? I forget the rules ... "Fish"man, you should know, just teasing you! LOL ... Full moon on Monday, the 25th ... I celebrate the whole month cuz it's my birthday month, whoo-hoo ... Enjoy the rest of your night, Fishman ... and thanks for coming by! Goodnight! FC <3 ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Fishman! Good to see you, too! Yep, my spirits are up and I'm doing more everyday which is a good thing, I think! LOL ... Hope your day was a good one and you're having a great night! February is such a short month and don't forget your loved one Thursday as it is Valentine's Day ... wouldn't want you to get into trouble, hahaha ... 2 weeks from then will be the last day of the month ... Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday so we can indulge all we want, ha! the Ash Wednesday we abstain for what 6 weeks? I forget ... No meat on Fridays? I forget the rules ... "Fish"man, you should know, just teasing you! LOL ... Full moon on Monday, the 25th ... I celebrate the whole month cuz it's my birthday month, whoo-hoo ... Enjoy the rest of your night, Fishman ... and thanks for coming by! Goodnight! FC <3 ...
What a nice post Flower. I can feel the good vibes and your pretty personality really came through. You just brought up my spirits!
What? Valentines Day is coming up? lol
Fat Tuesday and chocolate Thursday, sounds like a high calorie week.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a nice post Flower. I can feel the good vibes and your pretty personality really came through. You just brought up my spirits!
What? Valentines Day is coming up? lol
Fat Tuesday and chocolate Thursday, sounds like a high calorie week.
Aw, what a nice response, Fishman! Thank you and likewise!... Yep, and birthday cake, too! LOL ... what a sugar rush ... we'll be hyper the rest of the month, hahaha Who'll be able to handle us, LOL ... Have a good night's rest and catch you on the morrow ... Sleep tight, dream light zzzzzzzzzzzzzz FC <3 ...

8641 ... a night cap

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Will! Happy Monday to you, too! lol ... Thank goodness I didn't do too much around here this weekend but kick back and relax so no pre-cleaning before the housekeeper gets here at 2 ... oh, I take that back ... never got around to doing anything about this desk where the genius sits ... it's a mess, lol ...
CBS Sunday Morning yesterday did a piece on MUZAK stating it was 80 years old ... this one lady was listening to the "new" version of what MUZAK is today ... she said something to the effect, "that ain't MUZAK that'll put you to sleep" or something like that, I can't remember, lol ... well, my take on the Grammy's ... Music just isn't what it used to be ... born in the 50's, listened to my mom's 60's music, my first concernt was at the skating rink in Tucson AZ @ the Everly Bros., rocked out in the 70's, big hair rock bands in the 80's and then IDK what happened in the 90's ---> kind of started losing track ... probably started listening to more country ... lost track to where I was going with this (got a phone call;)... anyway, the Grammy's sure aren't what they used to be ... I mean where is the R&R? and the REAL R&B, Muddy Waters, BBK, Eric Clapton, SRV, etc ... I got a kick outta myself when I was listening to some of these youngsters on t.v and said, "who are these people" "never heard of that song" ----------> "man, and they're up there making millions of dollars, I'm going to bed" AND I DID, LOL ... it put ME to sleep, haha ... I suppose I'm not into hip hop, or rap and all the crazy dancing associated with it ... perhaps if I were able to multi-task like walk and chew gum at the same time it might be different, hahaha ... oh, well ... the curse of getting older, lo l ... drats!... okay, will cut it short ... Hope your day is a great one! Take care, thanks for coming by and see you on the other side! Peace & Love ~ FC <3 ...
9433 ... satellite radio
Flower, I don't remember if I raved about my new favorite music yet... "new" from 1970!

I Wonder by Rodriguez (1970)
http://youtu.be/oLnGdyUN-IU

As I wrote when I first heard Rodriguez, still less than a week ago:

It was "I Wonder" that grabbed me immediately... I walked into the shop and headed for the used CD bin, kind of in a hurry as it was late and even though this was Atlanta, the little mom and pop used record and book shops mostly close by 7 or 8pm... I was looking to find a good used copy of the remastered Basement Tapes for me and a friend, scan the Lou Reed and Kinks buns for bargains on the out of print but out of demand CDs, thus low priced...

"I Wonder" was playing, and I was grabbed... I continued flipping through dics but couldn't really think about anything but, who is that?

A really young guy who nailed period piece folk folk almost perfectly but with a modern edge and freshness that made it ring so true?

A really old guy who had somehow escaped my fairly obsessed younger ears?

Turns out I don't know my folk rock quite as well as I'd like to imagine.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Typo repeated..!

That's "bins" not "buns"!

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Hey Rainmaker...
Just wanted to stop in and say goodnight...
You got everything right about playing poker..
:o)
It wasn't to bad here in the valley today.. It didn't rain and we hit a high in the low 50's... There was a pretty good breeze coming out of the Southwest... but it wasn't too bad either.. around 20 MPH...
The ground almost got dry.. almost!hahahaha
But that will change soon enough as we have more of your daggone rain moving in for Wednesday...
I hope that you will have a peaceful night and that all of your dreams will be sweet...
Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

9434... Fold like a Valentine Card... <3

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Flower, I don't remember if I raved about my new favorite music yet... "new" from 1970!
As I wrote when I first heard Rodriguez, still less than a week ago:
It was "I Wonder" that grabbed me immediately... I walked into the shop and headed for the used CD bin, kind of in a hurry as it was late and even though this was Atlanta, the little mom and pop used record and book shops mostly close by 7 or 8pm... I was looking to find a good used copy of the remastered Basement Tapes for me and a friend, scan the Lou Reed and Kinks buns for bargains on the out of print but out of demand CDs, thus low priced...
"I Wonder" was playing, and I was grabbed... I continued flipping through dics but couldn't really think about anything but, who is that?
A really young guy who nailed period piece folk folk almost perfectly but with a modern edge and freshness that made it ring so true?
A really old guy who had somehow escaped my fairly obsessed younger ears?
Turns out I don't know my folk rock quite as well as I'd like to imagine.
Good morning, Will! Thanks for digging wayyyy back into the archives and bringing me back to the OLD daze when music was mellow and bring my memory back alive from the 60's, LOL ... it's been a long time since I heard Sixto ... but it seems you brought him up before not too long ago and I didn't really seem to remember him back then ... IDK why ... this song in particular I remember ... lyrics:

"I wonder about the tears in children's eyes
And I wonder about the soldier that dies
I wonder will this hatred ever end
I wonder and worry my friend
I wonder I wonder wonder don't you?"

cool song ... and some of his others just as cool! Thanks for taking me back to the 70's ... I need it after the Grammy's the other night ... The Grammy's that put me to sleep, LOL ... guess I'm just set in my way and I'm used to rockin' or chillin'... JMHO, what the hey, right? lol ...

you sure know how to shop those basement bargains ... I should learn to be so frugal ... nah, I'm a convenience girl, buy on the fly and on impulse ... doesn't every girl, lol ... j/k ... no, I'm not, hahaha ... I think I'm going to have to turn the front bedroom into a closet and dressing room, really!... cracks me up when my bestie says that to me ... good taste and cute clothes, though! heh!

Well, it's Tuesday ... wishing you a bright beautiful day filled with warmth and sunshine ... high of 66 and mostly sunny! Get out and enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by ... C'iao ~ FC <3 ...

SIXTO RODRIGUEZ ~ INNER CITY BLUES ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Morning Sunshine, You're up early.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Wildbluerose wrote:
Hey Rainmaker...
Just wanted to stop in and say goodnight...
You got everything right about playing poker..
:o)
It wasn't to bad here in the valley today.. It didn't rain and we hit a high in the low 50's... There was a pretty good breeze coming out of the Southwest... but it wasn't too bad either.. around 20 MPH...
The ground almost got dry.. almost!hahahaha
But that will change soon enough as we have more of your daggone rain moving in for Wednesday...
I hope that you will have a peaceful night and that all of your dreams will be sweet...
Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
9434... Fold like a Valentine Card... <3
Good morning Rose Bud ... it's 0352 ... kind of early ... contemplating making coffee as it's doubtful I'll go back to sleep ... oh, okay ... I will ... music's playing Sixto already ... hold on ---> coffee on!

Rose, do you remember that song "Inner City Blues?" ... I love it ... Long time no hear Sixto ...

Hope it dries up soon ... we had another front blow in last night ... suspect it's headed your way, AGAIN! Ooops, sorry about that ... maybe it'll stall out before it gets there ... hope so anyway ... Anyway, there's supposed to be another one behind that one, too!...

Hope you have a nice day whatever you do ... don't work too terribly hard ... Take it easy, relax, chill and enjoy your day! Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

1336 ... pair of tres (trays) no pun intended, ha!

SIXTO RODRIGUEZ ~ FORGET IT ...

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

or maybe I forgot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning FC...

A childhood favorite...:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Rotor Head wrote:
Morning Sunshine, You're up early.
Morning sweets! I went to bed "late" for me and woke up refreshed and actually feeling quite well! That's a good sign! Hope you got some much needed rest and are ready to take on the day! Enjoy it! >>mwah<<

>>Hello to Max from Jax<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Mister_ E wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =n7GyLr7Cz2g
Good Morning FC...
A childhood favorite...:)
Good morning, Mister E ... Nice to see you this morning ... that's an old song, Mister! Oh, noooooooo, we're showing our age ... Look how young Mr Reynolds looks on this album cover --->

JERRY REED ~ TEXAS BOUND AND FLYIN'...

and if we weren't awake before, we sure are now ... some good hoedown music, lol ... wanna polka, get your boots on and come on, ha! Miss that old boy and may he RIP ...

JERRY REED ~ THE PREACHER AND THE BEAR ...
this is kind of corny but I like it ...(so easily amused, I suppose, LOL;)...

wasn't he in some of the Bandit movies with Burt?...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

oh, Jeez ... now I'm really awake ... loaded up on caffeine ... DAY ---> look out for FC, lol ...

JERRY REED ~ EASTBOUND AND DOWN ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,461 - 18,480 of23,694
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••