Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

And, just posted (not quite sure if it even works yet!) a brand new song, still being finished up, but close:

http://www.last.fm/music/Will+Dockery/Will+Do...

Let me know if this will play or not... for some reason I seem to be having a problem hearing it...

*** Note: Sorry, as far as I can tell there seems to be a problem with that player... at least I seem to have one.

A shame, since the site seems really interesting and worthwhile.

If it does happen to work for you or anyone else, let me know?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Good morning sweet Flower. Pretty nice day in the making in Dallas. A lot of sunshine and warmer

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
Good morning sweet Flower. Pretty nice day in the making in Dallas. A lot of sunshine and warmer
Hello there, Denny!

I was just going to write about how all the sun and warm is out of here for a while... rain for over a day, then the big chill sets in.

Snowing already in Montgomery and Atlanta I'm told... and all that's headed straight south to us down here on the East Alabama/West Georgia border!

--

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

2012 Darwin Awards

Nominee No. 1:[San Jose Mercury News]:

An unidentified man, using a shotgun like a club to break a former girlfriend’s windshield, accidentally shot himself to death when the gun discharged, blowing a hole in his gut.

Nominee No. 2:[Kalamazoo Gazette]:

James Burns, 34,(a mechanic) of Alamo, MI, was killed in March as he was trying to repair what police describe as a "farm-type truck." Burns got a friend to drive the truck on a highway while Burns hung underneath so that he could ascertain the source of a troubling noise. Burns' clothes caught on the drive shaft, however, and when the other man stopped he found Burns "wrapped in the drive shaft."

Nominee No. 3:[Hickory Daily Record]:

Ken Charles Barger, 47, accidentally shot himself to death in December in Newton, NC. Awakening to the sound of a ringing telephone beside his bed, he reached for the phone but grabbed instead a Smith & Wesson 38 Special, which discharged when he put it to his ear.

Nominee No. 4:[UPI, Toronto]:

Police said a lawyer demonstrating the safety of windows in a downtown Toronto skyscraper crashed through a pane with his shoulder and plunged 24 floors to his death. A police spokesman said Garry Hoy, 39, fell into the courtyard of the Toronto Dominion Bank Tower early Friday evening as he was explaining the strength of the buildings windows to visiting law students. Hoy previously had conducted his demonstrations of window strength according to police reports. Peter Lawson, managing partner of the firm Holden Day Wilson, told the Toronto Sun newspaper that Hoy was "one of the best and brightest" members of the 200-man association. A person has to wonder what the dimmer members of this law firm are like.

Nominee No. 5:[The News of the Weird]:

Michael Anderson Godwin made News of the Weird posthumously. He had spent several years awaiting South Carolina’s electric chair on a murder conviction before having his sentence reduced to life in prison. While sitting on a metal toilet in his cell attempting to fix his small TV set, he bit into an electrical wire and was electrocuted.

Nominee No. 6:[The Indianapolis Star]:

A cigarette lighter may have triggered a fatal explosion in Dunkirk, IN. A Jay County man, using a cigarette lighter to check the barrel of a muzzleloader, was killed Monday night when the weapon discharged in his face, sheriff's investigators said. Gregory David Pryor, 19, died in his parents' rural Dunkirk home at about 11:30 PM. Investigators said Pryor was cleaning a 54-caliber muzzle-loader that had not been firing properly. He was using the lighter to look into the barrel when the gunpowder ignited.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Nominee No. 7:[Reuters, Mississauga, Ontario]:

A man cleaning a bird feeder on the balcony of his condominium apartment in this Toronto suburb slipped and fell 23 stories to his death. "Stefan Macko, 55, was standing on a wheelchair when the accident occurred," said Inspector Darcy Honer of the Peel Regional Police. "It appears that the chair moved, and he went over the balcony," Honer said.

THE WINNER!!!:[Arkansas Democrat Gazette]:

Two local men were injured when their pickup truck left the road and struck a tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday. Woodruff County deputy Dovey Snyder reported the accident shortly after midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc, and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of Little Rock, were returning to Des Arc after a frog-catching trip. On an overcast Sunday night, Poole's pickup truck headlights malfunctioned.

The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the older-model truck had burned out. As a replacement fuse was not available, Wallis noticed that the .22 caliber bullets from his pistol fit perfectly into the fuse box next to the steering-wheel column. Upon inserting the bullet the headlights again began to operate properly, and the two men proceeded on eastbound toward the White River Bridge .

After traveling approximately 20 miles, and just before crossing the River, the bullet apparently overheated, discharged and struck Poole in the testicles. The vehicle swerved sharply right, exited the pavement, and struck a tree. Poole suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the accident but will require extensive surgery to repair the damage to his testicles, which will never operate as intended.

Wallis sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and released. "Thank God we weren't on that bridge when Thurston shot his balls off, or we might be dead," stated Wallis

"I've been a trooper for 10 years in this part of the world, but this is a first for me. I can't believe that those two would admit how this accident happened," said Snyder.

Upon being notified of the wreck, Lavinia (Poole’s wife) asked how many frogs the boys had caught and did anyone get them from the truck? Though Poole and Wallis did not die as a result of their misadventure as normally required by Darwin Award Official Rules, Poole did in fact effectively remove himself from the gene pool.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there, Denny!
I was just going to write about how all the sun and warm is out of here for a while... rain for over a day, then the big chill sets in.
Snowing already in Montgomery and Atlanta I'm told... and all that's headed straight south to us down here on the East Alabama/West Georgia border!
--
Keep safe and warm Will. The flu is epidemic here

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Keep safe and warm Will. The flu is epidemic here
Having a lot of that here as well, Denny... since I stopped smoking and drinking a while back, the illnesses are fewer and farther between, thank the Lord!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child, the link to the new song is woring, finally!

I look forward to a critique, if you get time...

"When cheating is for losers and playing straight is for fools... you never know which way to go." -Will Dockery

First 2013 release from The Shadowville All-Stars, starring the amazing Jack Snipe & Brian Mallard. Catch us live in person at Hogbottom around 6pm April 27th along with Rusty Wood, Eric M. Gunter, Gary Frankfurth & surprise guests from the Pantheon!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Good morning Flower and all my friends. A nice day here in Dallas :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi Flower-Child.
Looks like the weather should be perfect tomorrow morning, sunny and no wind- glassy flat water. So I'm going down now to set up the rubber boat to get an early start tomorrow.
WooHOO!
Good morning, Fishman ... Hope the water conditions and temps met your expectations and you were able to get out and enjoy yourself with your friends! Happy Friday to you ... Oh, and you were to catch, fillet, batter and have enough fish for our fish fry at Red's tonight, dontchaknow, LOL ... Happy Friday to you! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Flower...
I have made jokes about getting a sled and hooking up all of the Chi-Kids and having them pull me around...
If I was to try that with Josie.. I have a feeling I'd be in for a really fast bumpy wild ride...hahahaha
It's a cold slushy mess out in the yard.. It got above freezing today for a while so it melted most of the ice... believe me when I tell ya that I am not enjoying going out into that mess one little bit...
I am being very careful when I have to go out... I am not willing to have to endure a broken bone... I salted the steps and so they are safe.. it's walking in that frozen yuck that worries me.. It's pretty slick.... Josie is so strong I have to use the choke collar on her so that she won't be able to pull me around..
I hope that your night is a peaceful one and I hope that all of your dreams will be as sweet as you... Sending You and Your Furbabies all of my best and warmest wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Good morning, Rose ... I've already got a visual, LOL ... Josie, leading the pack, with you hanging on for dear life and the chi-kids tied to a snowboard behind you tied with bungie cords ... hahahahahaha ... that's the way I see it, LOL ... Then we can film it and put it on AFV's ... we'd win the prize for that week and go to the Bahamas's or something, lol ... Think about it and get back to me on it *wink*... Enjoy your day! Luvya, FC <3 ...

9047 ... fold like a wild card

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Ricky F wrote:
Good morning FC, where ya been?
Good morning, Ricky ... Oh, Ricky ... I's been so busy running around like a chicken with it's head cut off ... trying to keep up to no avail ... but I'm hear now with a big smile on my face for you ... see? >>smiles for you<< Happy Friday! TGIF ... enjoy it! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Rotor Head wrote:
Good Morning FC and friends
There is an echo in here today.....lol
Morning, Rotor! Good to see you ... so, I'm thinking we'll see SFO and Green Bay in the SuperBowl? That's my prediction ... you think? >>mwah<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning Flower and friends..... It's a cold day here, the ice that we received yesterday is fast melting off. Made a little fog--not much though. Supposed to be in the mid 40's today, then it's supposed to be really, really, really cold. Real Iguana freezing weather....lol.
Hearts, hugs, and heating pads......
Good morning, Princess ... it was beautiful day yesterday in San Antonio, around 64 and it looks like we'll get here what SAT had yesterday ... picture perfect day ... I'm anxious to get out in it ... "real Iguana freezing weather?" ... LOL ... that cracks me up!... Hang on to your heating pad, pretty one ... I'm hanging on to my workout clothes and heading to the gym after my soap opera and hopefully FedEx will deliver before I have to leave ... Enjoy your day ...

Hugs, hearts and Iguana food ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Flower-Child!
Just chiming in with a hello and a wish for you that 2013 is your best yet... and the best for all of us!
I see you wrote me at Shadowville but wanted to pop one in over here in case things get hectic again today as they often do these days and I can't get back...
And, just posted (not quite sure if it even works yet!) a brand new song, still being finished up, but close:
let me know if this will play or not... for some reason I seem to be having a problem hearing it...
Good morning, Will ... and so very nice to "hear" from you again! The song, I LOVE it ... I love the background vocals for sure, the lead guitar solo and the words to the song for sure ... had to listen to them twice to really get them but it's a great tune! The song started sputtering out at 3:47 so IDK if you intended that to be the end of the song because I started hearing somewhat of a drum solo and then it just ended ... but so far the beginning of another great song ... Bravo & kudos ... way to start off a New Year 2013 ...

Thank you for the well wishes for a 2013 New Year, Will ... we all need well wishes here ... it WILL be a great one ... Appreciate your stopping by ... as I said, always a pleasure to see you ... Happy Friday to you and a pleasant weekend to you as well ... Peace~FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
Good morning Flower and all my friends. A nice day here in Dallas :)
Good morning, Denny ... Gosh, it IS beautiful out I can hardly contain myself ... Am so anxious to get outside ... the pups are basking in the sun as we speak ... I won another free training session at the gym and have an appt at 1300hrs with my trainer so need to get straight, suit up, wait for FedEx and get out of here for that ... yippee ... those training sessions are expensive so I take every advantage of the free one's ... so far I've had 5 free one's so that's a real treat ... 5 different workout regime's ... they say if you keep doing the same thing you keep getting the same results ~ nothing! So glad for the change ups and the freebies, lol ...

Have a great TGIF, Denny ... and have fun! Laters! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
Flower-Child, the link to the new song is woring, finally!
I look forward to a critique, if you get time...
"When cheating is for losers and playing straight is for fools... you never know which way to go." -Will Dockery
First 2013 release from The Shadowville All-Stars, starring the amazing Jack Snipe & Brian Mallard. Catch us live in person at Hogbottom around 6pm April 27th along with Rusty Wood, Eric M. Gunter, Gary Frankfurth & surprise guests from the Pantheon!
like the quote, Will ... reminds me of this ...

"two fools deserve two fools but two lovers deserve each other" ... I don't know who made it up but I heard my friend Jim say it back in the late 70's ... maybe he made it up, IDK ...

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Rose ... I've already got a visual, LOL ... Josie, leading the pack, with you hanging on for dear life and the chi-kids tied to a snowboard behind you tied with bungie cords ... hahahahahaha ... that's the way I see it, LOL ... Then we can film it and put it on AFV's ... we'd win the prize for that week and go to the Bahamas's or something, lol ... Think about it and get back to me on it *wink*... Enjoy your day! Luvya, FC <3 ...
9047 ... fold like a wild card
Hey Flower...
I thought about it and the way my bones have been lately I don't think I wanna take the chance of ending up in the hospital...hahahaha
Would you believe I slept till 10:30 this morning??? I have an excuse though... I didn't go to sleep till after 5 AM... It was one of those nights.. So I did the dishes, swept and mopped the kitchen and hallway and I did three loads of laundry...two loads of dog blankets and one load of my clothes.....
The Pack has been walked fed and watered and they are all comfy on their nice cleans blankets... and as for me I'm drinking my first cup of coffee and considering what all I need to get done today... I am going to dust the living room and then give it a good vacumming... The new furniture will be here tomorrow so I want everything to be fresh and clean...
We have sunshine here in the valley today and they say we are going to get up to the middle 40's... So it's not to bad out... Still a muddy yucky mess... I swear I don't think the yard is gonna dry out till summer gets here...
I hope that you will have a great day today and I hope that no matter what you do you will have fun doing it...Sending You and The Furkids all of my best and warmest wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Fishman ... Hope the water conditions and temps met your expectations and you were able to get out and enjoy yourself with your friends! Happy Friday to you ... Oh, and you were to catch, fillet, batter and have enough fish for our fish fry at Red's tonight, dontchaknow, LOL ... Happy Friday to you! FC <3 ...
Aye aye.
I'll get back later.
Running late and moving slow this morning.
Have a good rest of your Friday.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Flower Child..HOP on my new Bike.. change from the floral long skirt.. get caught in the gears.. put on your patched jeans.. LET'S RIDE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,121 - 18,140 of23,493
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••