For Dear FlowerChild

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24269 Aug 28, 2014
Good morning sweet Flower. Isn't it great to get lost in a good book. Like you if I like a writter I have to read all of their books. Check out W>E>B> Griffith. His books may appeal more to men but he is great with his characters. He has a series on the Marines and one on the Army and CIA. A really great read
Jolly

Endicott, NY

#24270 Aug 28, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly! I'm excited about the new addition and I'm not even family ... well, I could be cyber auntie, lol ... It's nice you have the skill set for knitting and sewing ... occupies your minds & scissor-hands, too haha ... me, I'm a homebody but I'm not domestic ...
I did, however, finish book #21 of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich last night ... "Top Secret Twenty-One" ... I must say it was one of the best of her 21 books I've read in a very long time and the best of the 21 in her series of the goofy bail bonds woman who carries a gun with no bullets for her take downs ... It's funny and serious at the same time ... this one was hysterical as usual but with a plot like no other, very interesting with the most unusual twists and turns ... Very good book and highly recommended if you'd like some fun reading with comedy, mystery, murder, mayhem ...
Chance is coming out of his shell ... he likes my new helper ... she came Tuesday and he got close to her ... he didn't run and hide in the bedroom as usual ... Yesterday, she became woozy because she was hungry and she put in a 4 hour shift with me ... she had some nachos and felt better and the little boy sat on her feet! I was like "what?" ... That's a first! He also warmed up to my other friend, Dale ... That's another first ... he thinks Dale is his automatic I stand next to you and you pet me guy, LOL ... But Jax has to come up and put his pointy little head in between the hand and Chance's head ... can you say, "jealousy?" ... lol ...
Glad the new kitten addition is working out with Joe and Moosey ... I knew Kippy & Tito would take it alright ...
I have a box of dog toys I won at a music venue as I was passing the TIP JAR around for the BAND ... there was PUG dog event ... save the pugs or adopt a pug ... I had a sign I'd made at home which said something like "tip for the band" and I made my rounds with it ... I went up to the pug lady who had the little red box of shrink wrapped toys and I had $2 bucks in my hand to hand over to them as my donation to the pug thingy ... She handed me the toy box and I handed her my $2 bucks and she declined so I ended up putting my $2 bucks in the tip jar I was carrying around ... I'll take the new toys to the vet today so the cats/pups can play with them or maybe to the Humane Society ... Not sure who could use them the most and who is closest in proximity ... Vet is closest but the Humane Society is more plausible ... that'll take a special trip so I'll work it in next week ...
Okie dokie, I hear F/B calling my name and my desk calling for a pre-clean before my helper gets here ... So glad to "see" your smiling face and joyous post ... Say hi to the little peanut & give her a big kiss from Aunt FC ... Love 360, FC <3 ...
9186 ... fold like a baby blanket ...
Busy day today. Drudge, drudge in the AM and then lunch out with one of the M.I.L.'s (nope, NOT mine! ha It was B's). A fun way to spend an afternoon.

Chance is still shy? So then Jax is the "alpha" dog in the family? Cheer up -- one of these days, Chance is going to realize that he's on an even footing with Jax and will become more outgoing.(That's what happened when T&K were puppies... No secret here WHO the alpha dog has always been! ha)

:o )

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24271 Aug 29, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning sweet Flower. Isn't it great to get lost in a good book. Like you if I like a writter I have to read all of their books. Check out W>E>B> Griffith. His books may appeal more to men but he is great with his characters. He has a series on the Marines and one on the Army and CIA. A really great read
Good morning, Denny ... It IS great to get lost in a good book ... I shall try the W>E>B Griffith books a chance ... I always like reading about the Marines/Army & CIA ... My daddy was both in the Marines & Army, respectively ... So that would be right up my alley ... is why I liked the Lee Child series so much even those Jack Reacher was so interesting to me as a rogue ex-Army MP ... I miss Lee Child books on him ... wish'd there'd be another movie made than just the One Shot ... Maybe a trip to the library today ... Thanks for the heads up ...

Happy Friday to you and the bride ... the pups and all ... Stay cool & hydrated! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24272 Aug 29, 2014
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Busy day today. Drudge, drudge in the AM and then lunch out with one of the M.I.L.'s (nope, NOT mine! ha It was B's). A fun way to spend an afternoon.
Chance is still shy? So then Jax is the "alpha" dog in the family? Cheer up -- one of these days, Chance is going to realize that he's on an even footing with Jax and will become more outgoing.(That's what happened when T&K were puppies... No secret here WHO the alpha dog has always been! ha)
Good morning, Jolly ... B's MIL works just fine ... Now, THAT is a fun outing, lol ... Of course Jax is the alpha dog ... that was established 5 seconds up the hill when Chance was brought to me 7 hours from the Valley ... I told Velma and Serge there was a "chance" Chance might be going back with them ... So, Chance & Jax met on neutral ground up the hill on the turn around and 5 seconds later Jax tol Chance, "I'm the boss of you" LOL ... And then, there was Jax and Chance ... Next month will be there 1 year anniversary ... Chance is coming out of his shell ... A new helper came this week ... she talked to them like they were babies ... the 2nd day she sat down for a break and Chance sat on her foot! I was What the heck? Yep ... he eats treats out of her hand ... He NEVER does that ... Dale comes over and he goes right up to him for a "pet me" session and then he comes Jack to stick his pointy little head between Dale's hand and Chance's head ... "can you say jealousy" ... Forget that I'm in the room, hahahaha ...

Julie and Daniel went on vacation about a month ago and I cared for their 100# black lab, HOOVER ... Well, Jax and Chance did actually ... He was like a bull in a china shop indoors ... When he was first introduced Chanced growled and showed his teeth! Can you believe that? He was in protect mode ... I'd of never thunk it ... I thought maybe he'd run off or be intimidated by such a LARGE dog ... but nope ... he wouldn't let Hoover get near Jax and I ... unbelievable I tell you ... Anyway, the 3 got along for the week ... I took care of Hoover last summer, this past summer and I'm sure I'll see the overgrown pup next year good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise ... well, I do hope the creeks rise cuz maybe the lake will fill by then ...

Well, gotta get movin' and groovin'... Lots to do today ... Set up the new Blu-Ray Disc player and put my electronics hat on ... or vice versa ... put the hat on first and try the electronics thing ... I can do this! LOL ... I smell the coffee brewing ...

Do have a wonderful weekend, stress-free, work-free, R/C free weekend, LOL ... as if, on the R/C, hahahahaha Hello to D and hugs to the peanut ... smooches to the pooches ... Love 360, FC <3 ...

7982 ... fold like a bent postcard ...
Jolly

Endicott, NY

#24273 Aug 29, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... B's MIL works just fine ... Now, THAT is a fun outing, lol ... Of course Jax is the alpha dog ... that was established 5 seconds up the hill when Chance was brought to me 7 hours from the Valley ... I told Velma and Serge there was a "chance" Chance might be going back with them ... So, Chance & Jax met on neutral ground up the hill on the turn around and 5 seconds later Jax tol Chance, "I'm the boss of you" LOL ... And then, there was Jax and Chance ... Next month will be there 1 year anniversary ... Chance is coming out of his shell ... A new helper came this week ... she talked to them like they were babies ... the 2nd day she sat down for a break and Chance sat on her foot! I was What the heck? Yep ... he eats treats out of her hand ... He NEVER does that ... Dale comes over and he goes right up to him for a "pet me" session and then he comes Jack to stick his pointy little head between Dale's hand and Chance's head ... "can you say jealousy" ... Forget that I'm in the room, hahahaha ...
Julie and Daniel went on vacation about a month ago and I cared for their 100# black lab, HOOVER ... Well, Jax and Chance did actually ... He was like a bull in a china shop indoors ... When he was first introduced Chanced growled and showed his teeth! Can you believe that? He was in protect mode ... I'd of never thunk it ... I thought maybe he'd run off or be intimidated by such a LARGE dog ... but nope ... he wouldn't let Hoover get near Jax and I ... unbelievable I tell you ... Anyway, the 3 got along for the week ... I took care of Hoover last summer, this past summer and I'm sure I'll see the overgrown pup next year good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise ... well, I do hope the creeks rise cuz maybe the lake will fill by then ...
Well, gotta get movin' and groovin'... Lots to do today ... Set up the new Blu-Ray Disc player and put my electronics hat on ... or vice versa ... put the hat on first and try the electronics thing ... I can do this! LOL ... I smell the coffee brewing ...
Do have a wonderful weekend, stress-free, work-free, R/C free weekend, LOL ... as if, on the R/C, hahahahaha Hello to D and hugs to the peanut ... smooches to the pooches ... Love 360, FC <3 ...
hiya Flowerchild: Happy almost weekend! The sun's shining here, the temp's are still cool & today will be wash--the-windows-and-screens- day for moi. Ah well, I've put it off all summer long, so now it's time to start scrubbing.

It's no surprise that Chance has taken it upon himself to protect you, especially since you're his new "Mom"! That's what our furry family does: Protect what means the most to them. Lucky you!

Heading down to the shore soon -- CAN'T WAIT! J, M, D, T & K will all be in good hands with B taking care of them, so that's been taken care of. Now all I have to do is find some more SPF50 sun screen to take. The summer supplies in the local stores are pretty scant, what with Fall approaching and school starting up in another week. Wish me luck with shopping!

Oh, and as for RC activity around here: It's just starting up, again! ha The 'boys' are flying as a group, again, as most of them are back from their vacations and they're readying their aircrafts for the upcoming regional RC Fair in Sept.: Three Days & Nights of competition & comaraderie awaits them in the mtns (Adirondacks) and plans have been made to attend. And this year D's hoping to fly his newest RC, a hex-helicopter (with 6 rotors), if he can get it constructed in time.[All I can say is Thank Goodness He Has a Hobby, especially with retirement looming on the horizon!!! LOL]

Enjoy the day & the weekend! Hope you have a BLAST.

Jolly

Endicott, NY

#24274 Aug 29, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
[2nd attempt to post -- Geesh!] ;o )

hiya Flowerchild: Happy almost weekend! The sun's shining here, the temp's are still cool & today will be wash--the-windows-and-screens- day for moi. Ah well, I've put it off all summer long, so now it's time to start scrubbing.

It's no surprise that Chance has taken it upon himself to protect you, especially since you're his new "Mom"! That's what our furry family does: Protect what means the most to them. Lucky you!

Heading down to the shore soon -- CAN'T WAIT! J, M, D, T & K will all be in good hands with B taking care of them, so that's been taken care of. Now all I have to do is find some more SPF50 sun screen to take. The summer supplies in the local stores are pretty scant, what with Fall approaching and school starting up in another week. Wish me luck with shopping!

Oh, and as for RC activity around here: It's just starting up, again! ha The 'boys' are flying as a group, again, as most of them are back from their vacations and they're readying their aircrafts for the upcoming regional RC Fair in Sept.: Three Days & Nights of competition & commaraderie awaits them in the mtns (Adirondacks) and plans have been made to attend. And this year D's hoping to fly his newest RC, a hex-helicopter (with 6 rotors), if he can get it constructed in time.[All I can say is Thank Goodness He Has a Hobby, especially with retirement looming on the horizon!!! LOL]

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24275 Aug 31, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Denny ... It IS great to get lost in a good book ... I shall try the W>E>B Griffith books a chance ... I always like reading about the Marines/Army & CIA ... My daddy was both in the Marines & Army, respectively ... So that would be right up my alley ... is why I liked the Lee Child series so much even those Jack Reacher was so interesting to me as a rogue ex-Army MP ... I miss Lee Child books on him ... wish'd there'd be another movie made than just the One Shot ... Maybe a trip to the library today ... Thanks for the heads up ...
Happy Friday to you and the bride ... the pups and all ... Stay cool & hydrated! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...
I would love to see more Reacher movies made. Tom Cruise did a good job even though he is so small. I had a garage sale yesterday and it kicked my rear. I never ate anything and lost 4 pounds in the heat. I made about $700 and still have a ton of things to sell but I will wait for cool weather. I do love seeing 50 cents turn into $5.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24276 Aug 31, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see more Reacher movies made. Tom Cruise did a good job even though he is so small. I had a garage sale yesterday and it kicked my rear. I never ate anything and lost 4 pounds in the heat. I made about $700 and still have a ton of things to sell but I will wait for cool weather. I do love seeing 50 cents turn into $5.
Good morning, Denny! Good to hear you made out like a bandit at your yard sale, that's great! I bought two things yesterday ... A new sealed birthday card, booklet of the date/year born of my best friend to be mailed Tuesday ... It lists everything that happened that year ... It's pretty nice ... Also, a nice black leather wallet with an Eagle emblem on the front, brand new in the box, all for 10 bucks ... I negotiated of course ... that's what we do ...

Had unexpected company yesterday from Houston ... late night and good BBQ ... They stayed up til 0300 .. I crashed at midnight ... They're still sleeping ... in time for my show, CBS Sunday Morning ...

I LOVE the Steve Harman, ON THE ROAD portion of the show ... right now they're doing the Christopher Cross, musician, portion ... He's a TEXAN from San Antonio ... I did not know that but one year he brought in 5 grammy's ... Awesome ... He's very humble ... He's living in Austin as of late ...

About my company, Craig loves to read ... I pointed him in the Lee Child direction ... Told him about the midget movie, lol ... he'll check it out ...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, hello to the bride, smooches for the pooches! Peace & Love! FC <3 ...

4256 ...fold like an old shopping list ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24277 Aug 31, 2014
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and as for RC activity around here: It's just starting up, again! ha The 'boys' are flying as a group, again, as most of them are back from their vacations and they're readying their aircrafts for the upcoming regional RC Fair in Sept.: Three Days & Nights of competition & comaraderie awaits them in the mtns (Adirondacks) and plans have been made to attend. And this year D's hoping to fly his newest RC, a hex-helicopter (with 6 rotors), if he can get it constructed in time.[All I can say is Thank Goodness He Has a Hobby, especially with retirement looming on the horizon!!! LOL]
Good Sunday morning, Jolly ... Jeez you have so much energy ... How DO you do it? lol ... Screens & windows? Seriously, lol ... you got me there but my helper will do that on Monday ... yes, she will be here on Monday, Labor Day ... I tried to talk the agency out of it but the girl said she needed the hours so my company and I will probably have an early breakfast & trek out to our new hideout at the lake ...

Chance got petted by the male counterpart for unexpected guests last night ... I almost fainted ... Craig just lost his beloved pet the last 4 days and he was really depressed ... I'm so proud of Chance I'm almost ecstatic ... it makes me happy ... Chance is happy and that makes me happy ... I love it when Jax and Chance play & kick up dirt ... It gets between my feet and sandals but I just laugh, shake out the dirt, wipe my feet off before entering the humble abode, rinse and dry, rinse & dry, rinse and dry many times going in and out ... really, can't complain ... My pups are happy pups!...

It's a great thing D has R/C hobby and is NOT underneath your feet all the time ... He'd drive you insane otherwise, lol ... I'm glad D had a boat, all the fishing gear conceivably possible, the pups and all the coves and watering holes available for him, the caves & pups and all the other things he did so he wasn't under my feet ...

Well, I hear some stirring around ... Oh, Jeez, John McCain is on FACE THE NATION ... glad the company is awake ... Joel is on at 10 ... TV church, LOL ... always a good message then ... Time to read YOUR next message and get on with my company ... here we go --->

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24278 Aug 31, 2014
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
[2nd attempt to post -- Geesh!] ;o )
Oh, and as for RC activity around here: It's just starting up, again! ha The 'boys' are flying as a group, again, as most of them are back from their vacations and they're readying their aircrafts for the upcoming regional RC Fair in Sept.: Three Days & Nights of competition & commaraderie awaits them in the mtns (Adirondacks) and plans have been made to attend. And this year D's hoping to fly his newest RC, a hex-helicopter (with 6 rotors), if he can get it constructed in time.[All I can say is Thank Goodness He Has a Hobby, especially with retirement looming on the horizon!!! LOL]
Hiya Jolly ... seems it's a re-post and I missed that you're almost to the coast for a week, how fun! Yes, SPF 50 is a must ... no sunburns & no melanoma ... Have too much fun ... The weekend continues and it's time for breakfast ... Enjoy the rest of YOUR weekend and YOU guys have a blast! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...

3649 ... fold like a big beach umbrella ...

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#24279 Aug 31, 2014
My sister and I had a wonderful lunch and day shopping at the mall. >>smiles+hugs,<<

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24280 Sep 2, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
My sister and I had a wonderful lunch and day shopping at the mall. >>smiles+hugs,<<
Good for you Emma. Did you get a lot of labor day bargains? You are lucky to have a sister who lives close to you

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24281 Sep 2, 2014
Good morning sweet Flower. I hope you had a fantastic weekend

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#24282 Sep 2, 2014
YO Chick..Set the clock for TEN..Get your GROOVE Geared..AFTER S-U-M-M-E-R Sales at the MALL..

FOOD COURT..YES!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24283 Sep 3, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
YO Chick..Set the clock for TEN..Get your GROOVE Geared..AFTER S-U-M-M-E-R Sales at the MALL..
FOOD COURT..YES!!
PP you are going to get in trouble driving your scooter in the food court!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24284 Sep 3, 2014
Good morning sweet Flower. Nice cool morning here with a breeze. Suppost to have a cool front coming in with rain this weekend : ) I am in the middle of a 1000 page book and I don't like it but it is by one of my favorite writers. I just plug along and hope it will get better
Jolly

Endicott, NY

#24285 Sep 3, 2014
<Drive by, with streamers on the handlebars & a baseball card stuck with a clothespin in the back bicycle tire, LOL!>

Thanks for the good wishes, Flowerchild! Busy getting last minute preparations done now & packing for the trip.

Enjoy the week & I'll "see" you when we get back!

As always,*Jolly*

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24286 Sep 4, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
Good morning sweet Emma ... Glad you and sis had a wonderful time together ... here we are Thursday and yall getting ready for another time out ... great! No time like the present ... Have a good time and have an apple pecan salad with pomegranate salad for me ... >>smiles and hugs<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24287 Sep 4, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you Emma. Did you get a lot of labor day bargains? You are lucky to have a sister who lives close to you
Wilco, Roger that on the sister thing! <3

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24288 Sep 4, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning sweet Flower. I hope you had a fantastic weekend
Good morning, Denny! I had a super fantastic holiday weekend and hope the same for you and yours ... a 4 day week for most and they're taking advantage of it, too! With a little help of my friends we cleaned out the front bedroom and found at least 30 candles, good ones, that need to be used up and IDK how many bags of potpourri that need to be used up ... this is the time of year that I like the essence of candles and potpourri in the mini-crock pot thing-s ... I'd rather do that than the aerosol sprays ... better for the environment IMHO ... so much for that, lol ... Hope you're having a great Thursday ... I have a 1500 facial today and need to change the pups outside water and a few things around the house so got to get moving ... 1100 soap, etc ... Catch you around the corner ... Peace out! FC <3 ...

4445 full house of peace with all candles burning ... the essence of peace & love ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 min Jeffrey 141,498
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Truth is might 173,471
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min Wolftracks 43,443
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 12 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 18,649
" Tell me a secret"...... (Oct '14) 16 min liam cul8r 619
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 20 min anguish 29,700
News Golf Club Owner Agrees to Pay $100,000 Over Man... 28 min Parden Pard 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Dream Crystal 169,321
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 9 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,219
More from around the web