For Dear FlowerChild

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#24116 Jul 4, 2014
FC..Pull up a Squat on my Beach Blanket..Have a Swig of Hoosier's Moonshine!!

Here are your 3-D Glasses to WATCH the FIREWORKS!!

OUTASITE!!

;)

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#24117 Jul 5, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
***** Happy 4th of July *****
***** Celebrate it in the spirit for which is was meant ... Enjoy your freedom and God Bless our Troops!*****
I had a nice July 4th lunch and time with my sister and family. How was your holiday? >>smiles+hugs<<

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24118 Jul 6, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
OUTASITE!!
;)
Hey Petal can Emma and I have a shot of that shine? I had the best 4th ever. I had heard my nephew had a great BBQ and 4th fireworks display so we went up for two days and I was blown away. 80 people were there for the fireworks and BBQ. It was professional quality and lasted for 20 minutes. I have seen towns that didn't have as good a show. His wife bought him a big professional BBQ rig on a trailer. All done in red, white and blue with a revolutionary war theme with muskets for handles. Big old chrome smoke stack. It was the cats pajamas :) Now back on the diet :( Bummer

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#24119 Jul 6, 2014
Hello Flower Child... passing through checking messages, and wanted to shout and wave...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24120 Jul 8, 2014
Good morning Flower. At 6:00 this morning it was 81 degrees and may hit 100 today. Summer in Texas isn't for sissies : )

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Location hidden

#24121 Jul 8, 2014
YO FC..What'cha Doing??

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24122 Jul 9, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
YO FC..What'cha Doing??
Flower is in her flip flops just hanging out trying to keep cool in the Texas heat. To hot to ride your scooter :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24123 Jul 9, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
OUTASITE!!
;)
Yo, PP ... too hot down here for fireworks although it took 45 minutes and about $150,000 bucks later for a great show over the lake ... you know, the lake with no water, lol ... Did fink a nice watering hole, with nice white sand over at Arrowhead Park ... I have tunnelvision, no need for those 3D glasses, lol out of mind more so than out of site,ha!

4554 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24124 Jul 9, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>I had a nice July 4th lunch and time with my sister and family. How was your holiday? >>smiles+hugs<<
Good morning sweet Emma ... That is so very nice you spent your 4th with sister & family ... Chance was sooooooooooooo very scared of the fireworks he had his two front paws on the edge of the bed and it was was shaking like those beds you put quarters in ... I remember we went to my little brothers graduation from Boot Camp, USMC in San Diego. We stopped in Yuma, AZ ... my middle sister got on one of those beds and quartered out my daddy ... Needless to say, she wasn't feeling so well when she ran out of quarters, LOL ... It was kind of funny, just glad I didn't get sick ... She turned green, yikes! Hope your week has been good and fun so far, half the week is good. Have a good lunch and TTYS >>smiles and hugs<< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24125 Jul 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Petal can Emma and I have a shot of that shine? I had the best 4th ever. I had heard my nephew had a great BBQ and 4th fireworks display so we went up for two days and I was blown away. 80 people were there for the fireworks and BBQ. It was professional quality and lasted for 20 minutes. I have seen towns that didn't have as good a show. His wife bought him a big professional BBQ rig on a trailer. All done in red, white and blue with a revolutionary war theme with muskets for handles. Big old chrome smoke stack. It was the cats pajamas :) Now back on the diet :( Bummer
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

8570 ... straight back to the diet ... well, let's see ... No "diet" in my vocabulary ... let's just say I'm eating a lot more healthy, making better food choices and a little more physical activity at the gym. I'm getting a recumbent by by the end of next month. A Norditrack ... it's paid for but just need to get it here ... It's practically brand new but the lady says it's brand new and she just doesn't use it anymore ... the cobwebs that come with it are FREE, LOL ...

8570 ... straight to selling my fainting couch to make froom for the Norditrak ... whoo-hoo ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24126 Jul 9, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!!!!!!!!
8570 ... straight back to the diet ... well, let's see ... No "diet" in my vocabulary ... let's just say I'm eating a lot more healthy, making better food choices and a little more physical activity at the gym. I'm getting a recumbent by by the end of next month. A Norditrack ... it's paid for but just need to get it here ... It's practically brand new but the lady says it's brand new and she just doesn't use it anymore ... the cobwebs that come with it are FREE, LOL ...
8570 ... straight to selling my fainting couch to make froom for the Norditrak ... whoo-hoo ...
LOL Cobwebs grow very quickly on exercise equipment. I try to walk an hour a day doing door hanger but now that my wife is home all the time it is hard for me to do :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24127 Jul 9, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
Hello Flower Child... passing through checking messages, and wanted to shout and wave...
Well, hello Will my friend ... So happy to see you ... haven't been over to the Columbus scene in awhile so my apologies I hope are accepted ... Been a lot going on here ... As Johnny Cash would sing, "I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere." LOL ... a lot going on ... If I mention where, I'm sure someone would be obliged to jump on it so I'll just PM you on the other side and you'll understand ... Glad the poetry trio are on the venues and hope that is working out for you ... The music scene here on the North Shore of Lake Travis are busting at the seams but mostly are outdoor venues and are extremely warm, even at early evening ... There are some inside and cool venues I am learning ... Broke a couple of strings on my guitar so having them re-stringed by weeks end ... Other than that everything is hunky-dory .... hope the same for you ... Stay in touch and catch you on the other side ... Don't take any wooden nickels! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...

5733 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24128 Jul 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning Flower. At 6:00 this morning it was 81 degrees and may hit 100 today. Summer in Texas isn't for sissies :)
Good morning Denny ... what a pleasure to see your smiling face and your positive attitude ... yep, it's 78 here in the morning ... how can it be 71 at ABIA (airport)... Supposed to hit triple digits sometime next week, ugh!... Roger that, on sissies and summers in Texas do not equate ... I trust you and your wife had a nice time in SAT? Glad to hear it!... I had been out of my email account for DAYS, grueling, and finally was able to change my p/w today so I'm back in the IRL again ... I'm way behind in F/B and almost feel human ... I sent a smart phone to my nephew and gave him 2 gigs of data ... he set me back about $240 bucks ... so I bumped it up to 4 gigs, he ran over that .... the more I gave him the more he used ... Well, I found out there is a thing on ATT called "SMART LIMITS" where you can control the 14 y/o boys limits ... Well, his penance is 1 gig ... much to his chagrin, he is not happy with me ... My older brother said to me 'WELCOME TO MY WORLD" ... "WANT HIM FOR THE SUMMER" ... haha, he has football and baseball practice so that isn't happening ... I feel a road trip/airplane trip coming up soon ... hope school isn't coming up soon, argh!... Hope you , the wife and pooches are well ... Keep in touch! All that gooey stull. FC <3 ...

8240 ... pair of 8's 4 high ... pass for another hand ... Edward Scissorhands, ha!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24129 Jul 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Cobwebs grow very quickly on exercise equipment. I try to walk an hour a day doing door hanger but now that my wife is home all the time it is hard for me to do :)
I try the gym 3-4 days a week ... on the off day I go to my physical therapist's office and ride her recumbent bike and come home and do my free weights and put my exercise mat (Academy Store) down down for the stretching and situps and leg exercises ... HEP (home exercise program)... I don't want to have another TKR (total knee replacement) and be out of shape like the one in 2007 ... That won't happen for years but just in case, just sayin'.... Sometimes I'm just plain lazy and don't want to go out in the heat ... My home is cooler any gym I've ever been in ... Keep up the good work, Denny ... Walking is hard on the knee joints unless you've got good joints ... No weight bearing exercises for me .... Nice state of the art Olympic swimming pool at the YMCA ... beautiful facility but my health insurance pays for my gym membership and I like it better than the YMCA ... Just stay with it and you'll see results ... Good luck and you have my support ... I'm on your six (6)... FC <3 ...

8520 ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24130 Jul 9, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Denny ... what a pleasure to see your smiling face and your positive attitude ... yep, it's 78 here in the morning ... how can it be 71 at ABIA (airport)... Supposed to hit triple digits sometime next week, ugh!... Roger that, on sissies and summers in Texas do not equate ... I trust you and your wife had a nice time in SAT? Glad to hear it!... I had been out of my email account for DAYS, grueling, and finally was able to change my p/w today so I'm back in the IRL again ... I'm way behind in F/B and almost feel human ... I sent a smart phone to my nephew and gave him 2 gigs of data ... he set me back about $240 bucks ... so I bumped it up to 4 gigs, he ran over that .... the more I gave him the more he used ... Well, I found out there is a thing on ATT called "SMART LIMITS" where you can control the 14 y/o boys limits ... Well, his penance is 1 gig ... much to his chagrin, he is not happy with me ... My older brother said to me 'WELCOME TO MY WORLD" ... "WANT HIM FOR THE SUMMER" ... haha, he has football and baseball practice so that isn't happening ... I feel a road trip/airplane trip coming up soon ... hope school isn't coming up soon, argh!... Hope you , the wife and pooches are well ... Keep in touch! All that gooey stull. FC <3 ...
8240 ... pair of 8's 4 high ... pass for another hand ... Edward Scissorhands, ha!
Give a bear a cookie and he wants a glass of milk :) No good deed goes unpunished

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Location hidden

#24131 Jul 9, 2014
Okay..Chick!!

Gather all the HIP ROCKIN' CHICKS of Topixw and Follow me to GMGMIKE'S ..for a Watusi Dance and A 2 Buck Lunch Deal..

Get those DANCIN Shoes spiffed and Ready to Cut loose on the Floor. HELL YEAH!!

And remember yo bring your LOVE BEADS!!

;)

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#24132 Jul 10, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
***** Happy 4th of July *****
***** Celebrate it in the spirit for which is was meant ... Enjoy your freedom and God Bless our Troops!*****
Belated happy 4th to you, Flower, and some interesting reading, a local poet made good...

Columbus Georgia performance poet gains national fame (Story by Mark Rice)

======[Begin_Quoted_Text]===== ====

"Columbus Georgia performance poet gains national fame... Chiara Richardson feels she was born to be known for her performance poetry - "God makes me a message that he wants to send to people," she said, "and I'm just a vessel. The nation will see and hear Richardson, a Columbus native and 1999 Shaw High School graduate, deliver one of those messages when she appears this fall on an episode of "Verses and Flow" on TV One. Richardson is among the 24 poets selected for the show's fourth season [...] "Chiara is very to-the-point in her approach to writing... There is no fluff, just a well-constructed story. She is definitely a product of Southern hip-hop. Audiences can certainly hear and enjoy the influences of great rap ensembles like Goodie Mob and Outkast in her work. She is truly a lyricist that knows where she is from and doesn't mind offering up some Southern hospitality on the mic."

"Verses and Flow" is a 30-minute variety show, not a contest. Richardson's episode was filmed in front of a live audience at Siren Studios on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. She said she will be in one of this season's eight episodes, starting this fall, but she doesn't know when it will air.

==========End_Quoted_Text]==== =====

This is the first I've heard of it but I think it is excellent news!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#24133 Jul 10, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, hello Will my friend ... So happy to see you ... haven't been over to the Columbus scene in awhile so my apologies I hope are accepted ... Been a lot going on here ... As Johnny Cash would sing, "I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere." LOL ... a lot going on ... If I mention where, I'm sure someone would be obliged to jump on it so I'll just PM you on the other side and you'll understand ... Glad the poetry trio are on the venues and hope that is working out for you ... The music scene here on the North Shore of Lake Travis are busting at the seams but mostly are outdoor venues and are extremely warm, even at early evening ... There are some inside and cool venues I am learning ... Broke a couple of strings on my guitar so having them re-stringed by weeks end ... Other than that everything is hunky-dory .... hope the same for you ... Stay in touch and catch you on the other side ... Don't take any wooden nickels! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...
5733 ...
Yes, I'm a bit out of the Internet habit these days, but that's only short term...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24134 Jul 11, 2014
Mornin Flower. Keep cool!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24135 Jul 13, 2014
Hey Flower I hope your weekend is going great. I am so ready for that cold front coming in Tuesday :) I will never understand the way people spend money and then give stuff away when they are tired of it. I bought about $3000 dollars worth of purses for $80 yesterday. 6 Coach and 3 Dooney bags and they all are like new. My wife grabbed her favorites and I will sell the rest on ebay :) Now the woman has empty clausets and she can go back and fill them back up. We are such a rich country !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 5 min _Susan_ 8,802
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Dont_You_Dare 19,673
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 7 min Calisportsgirl 5,116
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 17 min Dont_You_Dare 2,929
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min AliceBlue 197,293
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 29 min Poppyann 44,586
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 31 min Interesting Data 59,675
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 33 min Dman 33,147
More from around the web