For Dear FlowerChild

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23771 Mar 11, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
I had a wonderful weekend, FC, Enjoy reading. >>smiles<< <3
Good Tuesday afternoon Emma ... I'm trying to rest up from the weekend ... I think I'm almost caught up, lol ... Have a lovely afternoon >>smiles and hugs<< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23772 Mar 11, 2014
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Flower-Child.
Sail away? Sounds good!
Been so busy lately, I don't know what is going on!
Didn't finish the project yet. Will go get more things next weekend and hope to finish by about March 23rd.
Then, it's back to topix. Some, at least.
It takes me so long to get in here and do anything.
Hope you had a good time gambling? Or, still are? LOL
Did you hit the jackpot?
Can you loan me some money? lol
Hey there Fisherman ... Jackpot? heh! What is that ... I came back with $5.35 ... that is the worst I've ever done ... kept going and going and then hand to forehead I said to myself, "stop the madness and stop throwing your money away" ... went to room and watched TV LOL ... My BFF made out like a bankrobber ... IDK what slots she was playing but hit the big ones ... I should have been following her around, haha ... it's all good, we ate well, had fun and that is what it was all about ... I bought half of my Christmas presents so by Halloween that will be completed ...
Keep plugging away at your project as it will come together ... Hello to D & M ... Peace & Love .. FC <3 ...

1065 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23773 Mar 11, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning Flower and friends. Going to be 83 here in Dallas but windy and cold tomorrow
Presently 88 here Denny ... Front and back screen doors on and it's very nice ...
tiger_-_dad

Hugoton, KS

#23774 Mar 11, 2014
Hi F-C. I hope that your day is going good. It's getting warmer here in Kansas. I think that winter is finally about to leave.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23775 Mar 12, 2014
Good morning sweet Flower and all who visit here

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23776 Mar 12, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND ~ SOULSHINE ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pDIQ7Otf1mwXX
6786 ....
Local Georgia boys who made good.... and made great music.
Was just talking with an older friend who saw the Allman Joys here at the Zodiac Lounge on Beuna Vista Road back in 1968 or so.

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23777 Mar 12, 2014
Here it is, the Holy Grail of Fried Chicken, Top Hat:

Joseph S. H. wrote:
With all of the discussion about the TOP HAT CHICKEN RECIPE Debbie F. asked me for it figured I would share it with everyone.
THIS IS THE ACTUAL TOP HAT CHICKEN RECIPE, I worked with one of the founders daughters and talked her out of the recipe.Prep your chicken the night before 1/2 gal of water 1/4 cup salt submerge and allow to soak over night. 6 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup cayenne pepper ,1/2 cup red pepper 1/8 cup salt add ice water until the consistency of pancake batter is reached.. Prepare deep fryer with Crisco solid vegetable shortening heat to 375 degrees. drop a small amount of batter into hot shortening and after it floats taste some like it hot. some like it hotter add equal parts of cayenne pepper and red pepper to increase the heat. Drain Chicken from salt bath and pat dry, dip in batter and submerge in hot shortening. Breasts 14 min thighs 10 min legs 8 min wings 6 min., remove from shortening and allow to drain in a colander or on paper towels.

And so it goes.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#23778 Mar 13, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon, Rotor! It's Tuesday and almost 90 on the front porch ... that's with the sun beaming on the thermometer ... I came home from the gym and bank with the top open and the windows open ... we'll just say I had to run the A/C ... it felt a lot better then ... Sure hope this is the last of the that white %$#& for you, LOL ... see I can spell, too LOL ... Wishing you a great afternoon/evening ... Hearts & Hugs >>mwah<<
Only got a couple inches so that was good. I'm all set with snow for the year.
Color me jealous....70 degrees....I wish.
and angel said to him

Castroville, TX

#23779 Mar 13, 2014
Hi Tod.... . I am crying again........... it doesn't stop....... I just want Z. gp

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23780 Mar 13, 2014
Hi Flower. Have you been watching House of Cards? Kevin Spacey is great :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23782 Mar 14, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Hi Flower. Have you been watching House of Cards? Kevin Spacey is great :)
Hi Denny ... I've watched Season 1 on DVD ... Haven't watched Season 2 as of yet but have it on my queue ... will watch on some rainy weekend ... Watched Skyfall last night with Daniel Craig and Judy Dench ... it was pretty good ... Have a great Friday! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23783 Mar 14, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Only got a couple inches so that was good. I'm all set with snow for the year.
Color me jealous....70 degrees....I wish.
Good morning, Rotor ...Heard on the news this morning up to 10 inches snow in the New England area coming this weekend ... I hope not and maybe it was just a dream. Yeah, maybe a dream ... Batten down the hatches and hopefully this will be this will be the LAST ONE! yeah!

>>mwah<<

that was just a dream ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23784 Mar 14, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
Here it is, the Holy Grail of Fried Chicken, Top Hat:
Joseph S. H. wrote:
With all of the discussion about the TOP HAT CHICKEN RECIPE Debbie F. asked me for it figured I would share it with everyone.
THIS IS THE ACTUAL TOP HAT CHICKEN RECIPE, I worked with one of the founders daughters and talked her out of the recipe.Prep your chicken the night before 1/2 gal of water 1/4 cup salt submerge and allow to soak over night. 6 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup cayenne pepper ,1/2 cup red pepper 1/8 cup salt add ice water until the consistency of pancake batter is reached.. Prepare deep fryer with Crisco solid vegetable shortening heat to 375 degrees. drop a small amount of batter into hot shortening and after it floats taste some like it hot. some like it hotter add equal parts of cayenne pepper and red pepper to increase the heat. Drain Chicken from salt bath and pat dry, dip in batter and submerge in hot shortening. Breasts 14 min thighs 10 min legs 8 min wings 6 min., remove from shortening and allow to drain in a colander or on paper towels.
And so it goes.
Will! I'll pass it on to the cook in the house whomever that should be ... it will not be me ... it's been copied and pasted for the lucky one who gets to try it ... FC is no cook by any means or stretch of the imagination ... FC has smoke alarms in every room courtesy of the Fire Department and 2 brand new fire extinguishers also courtesy of the Fire Department, lol ... No kidding ... Just keeping it real, Will ...

It's Friday, TGIF ... Enjoy it! FC <3 ...

6100 ... Emeril was on GMA this morning ... with the Muppets ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23785 Mar 14, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Local Georgia boys who made good.... and made great music.
Was just talking with an older friend who saw the Allman Joys here at the Zodiac Lounge on Beuna Vista Road back in 1968 or so.
I know it's a darn good song ... reminds me of my friend in Smith's Station, AL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23786 Mar 14, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning sweet Flower and all who visit here
Hi again Denny >>waves wildly<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23787 Mar 14, 2014
tiger_-_dad wrote:
Hi F-C. I hope that your day is going good. It's getting warmer here in Kansas. I think that winter is finally about to leave.
Heya tiger_-_dad ... Sure is good to see you ... Hope all is well with you and yours ... and at LPW ... It's been spring down here Austin way for weeks and just beautiful ... going to be around 76 tomorrow with about 30% chance of rain ... Baby shower at the pavillion at the lake so that shouldn't affect the shower, no pun intended, lol ... Hope your Friday is a good one and your weekend better ... Enjoy it! FC <3 ...

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#23788 Mar 14, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Will! I'll pass it on to the cook in the house whomever that should be ... it will not be me ... it's been copied and pasted for the lucky one who gets to try it ... FC is no cook by any means or stretch of the imagination ... FC has smoke alarms in every room courtesy of the Fire Department and 2 brand new fire extinguishers also courtesy of the Fire Department, lol ... No kidding ... Just keeping it real, Will ...
Hi FC. The fire department gave you smoke alarms? I see. I will have a nice weekend with my sister at the mall. >>smiles<< <3

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23789 Mar 14, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, to get Top Hat Chicken really real I suspect you'd need the huge vats of boiling Lard to deep fry it in...

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23790 Mar 14, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's a darn good song ... reminds me of my friend in Smith's Station, AL ...
Yes Smith Station is a pretty good place, I have a few friends there myself...

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#23791 Mar 16, 2014
Have a wonderful Sunday, FC. >>smiles<< <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association (Jun '07) 3 min Crazy Jae 7,292
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 min Sublime1 6,960
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 10 min Judy 123 1,159
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 12 min Crazy Jae 41,965
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 12 min andet1987 21,253
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min Judy 123 24,967
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 14 min Crazy Jae 28,148
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min wichita-rick 227,197
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 32 min Crazy Jae 9,782
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 42 min Bacchus MC 1,219