“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23655 Feb 21, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been to Patricia's page in a bit but the Asscociates' material is probably from earlier times, back when she was still working with Rusty Wood, pre- her Shadowville All-Stars days of last year.
The one time I saw her and the drummer who left with her right after our show downtown last December and which immediately turned us into an acoustic Folk Rock trio (Jack, Robbie and me) was last month at an open mic show at Sammy's Hideaway (Big Time will remember this as the former Shanty Shack I'm sure) where we did our acoustic trio set and later Patricia and the drummer came on with what they called "Current Resident" which was them, and bluesman guitarist Josh Reynolds along with borrowed bass player Doug Conley (the night Patricia and the drummer quit, the bassist Link also chose to go with them, and the was apparently soon fired or otherwise left so obviously he made a poor choice) and they sounded pretty good, as Patricia sang "House of the Rising Sun" and a couple more Janis Joplin style blues standards.
Now I heard from her a day or so ago that Josh Reynolds is still with them, and Jeremy Statum is now on bass, not sure where this leave the Moonshine Junkies as that was where these guys were playing, with frontman Julian Hernandez, as of a few weeks ago... perhaps Julian is a solo again, dunno. Great guy and great performer who you should add to your "locals" list if you haven't already.
I was at Waffle House having the All-Star Breakfast, and it reminded me Denny's has the similar Grand Slam Breakfast, and half-serious-jokingly said Patricia and the drummer should call themselves Grand Slam...
And so it goes.
and so the old cliche .. things happen for a reason ... times, they are a changing ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23656 Feb 21, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
And speaking of the local Columbus-Phenix City music scene, it is alive and thriving... Last night I joined Brian Mallard at his groovy Thursday open mic on the sidewalk in front of Fountain City Coffee, 1007 Broadway enjoying the talents, stand-outs being the walking Folk Music encyclopedia Hermel, the incredible vocals and guitar of Danielle Monette (who reminds me very much of a young Joni Mitchell, and the swashbucking singer-songwriter Tyler King. Then Brian Mallard and I revived our old Folk Rock duo for a round of our standards such as "Gone Too Far", "Shark Pact Manifesto" and of course our signature "Sweet Jane", which we dedicated to Kurt Cobain (who shared your birthday, I found out, Flower Child, interestingly, Jack Snipe has the same birthday as Keith Richards & my son Clay's is the same as Jimi Hendrix). Interesting and very legitimate as singer-songwriter Tyler King does his sidewalk show tonight at Fountain City Coffee, 1007 Broadway, and Saturday night the Shadowville All-Stars (Jack Snipe, Rob Wright, myself & special guests) have a sidewalk show at the same location, for a Spring preview of Hogbottom 2014, which is looking like the best year ever for the Columbus-Phenix City music scene.
And so it goes!
It's good to get together with old friends ... I've go to get together on Wednesday Open mic night at Hanovers Draft Haus and do "Dog and Butterfly" with a friend who gave me a guitar for my b/day ... We ruined our image the day before yesterday, at lunch, as we ordered lunch at a local eatery singing the Little River Band song from the late 70's ... I make the mistake of posting that on my Facebook ... We ruined our rokken roll image LOLOL hahahaha ... They might make us sing that song instead, hahaha ... >>shakes her head and laughs<<

Oh, my ... we've created a monster, hahaha

8220 ... full house ... House of practice and building up those callus' LOL ... get to it FC

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23657 Feb 21, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. I just finished Blood Meridian and it is one of the best books I have read. Takes place in Mexico about 1840. About 15 Americans are hired to kill Indians and bring back the scalps for payment. A group of murderous killers. The think that haunts me is a scene in a brothel where an old man and a young girl have a dancing bear. A drunk cowboy shoots the bear as it dances on stage and the young girl hold the bear while it dies. Strange moving book
Good morning., Denny ... I have put that book on my queue ... You have got to read the book, THE THICKET by Joe R Lansdale ... it deviates by the books we nomally read ... it is riveting set between horse and buggy, and right by the time the automobile came into place, outlaws being hanged and the coming of age of a boy who is searching for his daughter who was kidnapped but the outlaws ... it is a very good book and it's got it's dark humor in it but it's very good ... Have a great day, Denny ...

DAVID ALLAN COE ~ DAKOTA THE DANCING BEAR ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23658 Feb 21, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Morning Flower. Here's hoping you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. <3
Morning Princess ... I'll have a great day and wishing the same for you ... Enjoy it! Luvya, mean t! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23659 Feb 21, 2014
So, Will ... Chuck and Yvonne are an item now ... That's about all I got out of it ... What happened to Chuck's leg?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23660 Feb 21, 2014
Will, get this song to Chuck and tell him I said, "Feel Better and get back on his feet soon" ...

JOHN MELLENCAMP ~ GET A LEG UP ...

4678 ...

Talk later ... tot the gym ... Body Pump Class ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23661 Feb 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Will, get this song to Chuck and tell him I said, "Feel Better and get back on his feet soon" ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R7eve-kJHSAXX
JOHN MELLENCAMP ~ GET A LEG UP ...
4678 ...
Talk later ... tot the gym ... Body Pump Class ...
Never mind, Will ... Croley friended me on F/B and I sent him the get well wishes and the song ...

Tim McGraw on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon ... Fallon is like a breath of fresh air on the Tonight Show ... BREATHE, LOL

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/...
Nightclub Jitters

Columbus, GA

#23662 Feb 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
So, Will ... Chuck and Yvonne are an item now ... That's about all I got out of it ... What happened to Chuck's leg?
Chuck had a horrendous motorcycle accident last year... doing relatively great!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23663 Feb 22, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi TC ...I like basketball and golf ... but spring training for baseball is now in session so I'm a happy camper ... and that's got my attention ... as Will says, and so it goes ... Thanks for your interest and Have a pleasant day ... FC
8977 ...
Flower, my grand daughter Emma Lynn has just started practice for Little League baseball this year, joining her brother Dylan, who has been playing for a couple of years!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23664 Feb 22, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
and so the old cliche .. things happen for a reason ... times, they are a changing ...
Sometimes, sometimes, these reasons of best, and change can be... good.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23665 Feb 22, 2014
Nightclub Jitters wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck had a horrendous motorcycle accident last year... doing relatively great!
Hey NJ! It's awesome he's doing great ... Us Austinite's are very watchful for motorcyclists ... We even have Injury Lawyers specifically to defend motorcyclist's who have been the victim's of injury & property damage as a result of culpability on part of an inept driver ... The Law Tigers, lol ... yep ... sure do ...

But, yet, I see some motorcyclist's weaving in and out of traffic ... usually the one's on their ninja motorcycles ... Harleys, not so much ... Lot's of yuppies and more riders who respect the road these days ...

Have a good day ~ Peace, FC ...

http://www.lawtigers.com/firm/texas/austin/

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23666 Feb 22, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Flower, my grand daughter Emma Lynn has just started practice for Little League baseball this year, joining her brother Dylan, who has been playing for a couple of years!
That is awesome and I cheer her on from across the miles .. You'd better go to those games and support her efforts or I WILL hunt you down and that is no pun, got it? LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23667 Feb 22, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, sometimes, these reasons of best, and change can be... good.
Affirmative, copy that ... I don't believe I'll be making the 0940 Body Pump Class today ... Just the regular "my routine" kind of gym day ... It's to be sunny & 75 ... time for pup day & oh so too much pretty of a day to be inside a gym ... oh what the hay ... just an hour in the gym ... Enjoy your day, Will ~ FC <3 ...

3948 ... fold the Body Pump schedul in half

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23668 Feb 22, 2014
even if I can't spell schedulE, lol ...

Everyone have a beautiful day ... I know I will ... >blows kisses<

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#23669 Feb 22, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
even if I can't spell schedulE, lol ...
Everyone have a beautiful day ... I know I will ... >blows kisses<
Thank you, FC. My sister and I will have a beautiful day. >>smiles<< <3

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23670 Feb 23, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, FC. My sister and I will have a beautiful day. >>smiles<< <3
Good morning Emma. I hope your weekend is going great. You are lucky to have a sister near. I know you enjoy each other :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23671 Feb 23, 2014
Good morning Flower. How is your weekend going? Going to be a little cooler for the next few days

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#23672 Feb 23, 2014
Moooorning Flower_Child..WHAT'CHA Doing on this LAST Sunday of February???

ME, am browsing through Seed and Tree Garden Catalogs!!

See Ya!!

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#23673 Feb 23, 2014
My sister and I had a wonderful lunch and time. <3

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#23674 Feb 24, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>

(Big Time will remember this as the former Shanty Shack I'm sure)

I've never heard of Shadowville outside of the Columbus threads,

Hey Doodle Bug, Hope you are having a Sun Shiney' Day and might need some Tennis balls for Jax,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Move On 24,044
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 5 min ---Word Woman--- 383
Man attaches lamb chop to balloon, sends it int... 6 min -Lea- 10
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 10 min Humhainna 759
real superheroes 13 min ---Word Woman--- 6
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min TurkanaBoy 127,993
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Roy 151,185
Internal Server Errors 43 min A Noted Ferrerman 34
An East Texan says he captured something peculi... 2 hr Christian Taliban 4

Weird People Search