For Dear FlowerChild

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23626 Feb 19, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Going to hit 80 today Flower. What great weather we are having
Denny, it hit 81 at ABIA, our airport but 83 out here at the lake ... should be pretty good into the weekend but a cool front coming in with 60's ... I do not want to hear anyone complaining about the heat, LOL ...

I had a very nice day ... Had lunch with one of my musician friends and he gave me a guitar for my early birthday ... I'm in heaven ... my fingers are sore ... I am sooooooooo out of practice ... breaking in a new guitar was not in my plans for today ... I did the girlie girl thing today and having a small get together tomorrow evening with some friends ... Catch you on the morrow ...

Hello to the wife and smooches for the pooches ...

Oh, and I picked up Lone Survivor for reading ... I wrote Blood Meridian for future reading. Thanks for the suggestion ... Laters ... FC <3 ...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23627 Feb 19, 2014
New strings? They get better with blood. Vodka or red wine helps the sound.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#23628 Feb 20, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
okie dokie, but I'll need verbal instructions before I go putting the flash drive into any USB ports, I think is what they're called ... I'm computer illiterate ... I have a docking station so I don't know if it goes in the docking station and/or into the laptop attached to the docking station ... or do I pull the laptop off the docking station and ... well, it's something to ponder and/or discuss perhaps on our next chat ... K? K! TTYS ...
4218 ... fold instructions in half & ponder later ...

&fe ature=kp

Cruzer Glide™ USB Flash Drive-we'll talk,...lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23629 Feb 20, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
New strings? They get better with blood. Vodka or red wine helps the sound.
Morning, MH ... yep, those hard callus' will come back soon with some practice ... Good day to you my friend ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23630 Feb 20, 2014
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Zv69q_oeDOkXX&feature=kp
Cruzer Glide™ USB Flash Drive-we'll talk,...lol
Good morning, Boo ... If that pup was a golden retriever it'd almost match the card with the dog and butterfly ... that's a beautiful song ... Thank you for the song and everything else ... It's special ... FC <3 ...

Location Shown

#23631 Feb 20, 2014
The Cruzer Glide USB flash drive has a sleek, streamlined design with an attractive black and red color scheme. Its compact size means it can easily slip into a front pocket or purse. The USB drive's connector retracts with a pull of the slide, protecting the drive when it's not in use.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cr...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23632 Feb 20, 2014
Big Time wrote:
The Cruzer Glide USB flash drive has a sleek, streamlined design with an attractive black and red color scheme. Its compact size means it can easily slip into a front pocket or purse. The USB drive's connector retracts with a pull of the slide, protecting the drive when it's not in use.
http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cr...
WOW, it works ... Thanks for the instructions ... they're on a 3X5 index card ... I'll transfer on an email to myself for future reference ... things seem to get lost on my desk ... Jax eats a lot of my homework, LOL ... Nah, it's really that paper shredder that gets so hungry, LOL ... Good talking to ya ... Enjoy your day! >>waves at you<< FC <3 ...

5775 ... says I'll manage to watch 1 of the 30 movies on that flash drive by the end of the week ... weeks end is tomorrow ... MIDNIGHT ha!...

1987 version ... EC ~ AFTER MIDNIGHT ...

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#23633 Feb 20, 2014
La Sunshine wrote:
Hey Rick!! This thread is great! Everything you said, is true. FC, is a true inspiration. Bless you FlowerChild! You are truely wonderful! Thank you Rick, for making this thread for FC.
Hello La Sunshine, I enjoy the quotes you post and one can't help notice FlowerChild is an inspirational poster as well.

I wonder what other sports she enjoys since the Superbowl.

Hi FlowerChild:)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#23634 Feb 20, 2014
Good morning Flower. I've been MIA for a while, things are just getting VERY busy around here. And I'm no where near ready for it. I was going to spend the entire winter cleaning and organizing the dungeon, but somehow it just hasn't gotten done. Not sure what I did instead of that, but I must have accomplished something, right? lol.

Anyway, gotta get ready for a webinar (seminar on the web) and I will talk to you later.

Hearts, hugs, and telecommuting... <3

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#23635 Feb 20, 2014
Hollrin' Howdy!!!
HOWDY!!
:o)
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

1059... Fold like a wet newspaper....

Location Shown

#23636 Feb 20, 2014
Howlin' for You

&fe ature=kp

That Song is in Limitless, think it's on you Cruzier,..

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#23637 Feb 20, 2014
FlowerChild..Are ya ROCKIN' Chick???

Any Good Concerts Lined up in the Frisco area???
Have yaseen Marissa 2 or Stacked and Proud??

“Do not swear on my profile.”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23638 Feb 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right!... oy!...
Oy Vey... heh...

Did you see Chuck's photograph yesterday (of Chuck & Yvonne fame)?

I won't post any spoilers if you haven't yet...

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23639 Feb 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, yes, you might say that but there's only 3 of them ... it's kind of funny ... Ted Danson's real life wife is in it and she plays a pretty good part ... Mary Steenburgen I think is her name ... You might want to catch it at the $1 movies or Netflix it ... it's worth the $1
I remember Mary Steenburger... kind of... I'll look her up...

Rain has just come in and awoke me with a little thunder... this is SUPPOSED to blow through all day tomorrow and bu all gone by the time of our show on Saturday.

I'm afraid our friend Tyler King who has a show there Friday night will get the rain.

We had a very nice night on the sidewalk last night as I dropped in on Mallard's open mic show there at the Fountain City Coffeeshop...

And so the winds blow, and then go...

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23640 Feb 21, 2014
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Gun Shot,...lol
Not sure what that means?

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23641 Feb 21, 2014
And Happy Birthday yesterday... which i also read was Kurt Cobain's?

Break out the White Album for the traditional birthday music.

Yes we're going to a party, party...

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23642 Feb 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad Jack stuck with your trio ... Patricia is calling herself Patricia Suddeth and Associates ... sounds like a law firm or something, LOL ... but I've heard some raw cuts and they sound pretty good ... Some are from Sunday nights at the place where everyone hangs on Sunday nights ... Big Time knows ... I forgot ... Del Ranch????? Yeah, I think that's right .. Del Ranch ... IDK about the drummer ... isn't he the last one to leave the stage and screw it up for the next act ... I hate it when that happens ... or is it the bass player ... in any event there's always one in the bunch ... we've got this one house band that plays at Hanover's Draft Haus ... then this bass player comes along and he's ALWAYS the last one to get off the stage taking his sweet bass time about it & just messes up the time for ---> well, you know, you're a musician ... never mind ... he'll never stop being THE ONE ...
Good luck at Hogbottom again this year, same cause, correct?
7806 ...
I haven't been to Patricia's page in a bit but the Asscociates' material is probably from earlier times, back when she was still working with Rusty Wood, pre- her Shadowville All-Stars days of last year.

The one time I saw her and the drummer who left with her right after our show downtown last December and which immediately turned us into an acoustic Folk Rock trio (Jack, Robbie and me) was last month at an open mic show at Sammy's Hideaway (Big Time will remember this as the former Shanty Shack I'm sure) where we did our acoustic trio set and later Patricia and the drummer came on with what they called "Current Resident" which was them, and bluesman guitarist Josh Reynolds along with borrowed bass player Doug Conley (the night Patricia and the drummer quit, the bassist Link also chose to go with them, and the was apparently soon fired or otherwise left so obviously he made a poor choice) and they sounded pretty good, as Patricia sang "House of the Rising Sun" and a couple more Janis Joplin style blues standards.

Now I heard from her a day or so ago that Josh Reynolds is still with them, and Jeremy Statum is now on bass, not sure where this leave the Moonshine Junkies as that was where these guys were playing, with frontman Julian Hernandez, as of a few weeks ago... perhaps Julian is a solo again, dunno. Great guy and great performer who you should add to your "locals" list if you haven't already.

I was at Waffle House having the All-Star Breakfast, and it reminded me Denny's has the similar Grand Slam Breakfast, and half-serious-jokingly said Patricia and the drummer should call themselves Grand Slam...

And so it goes.

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23643 Feb 21, 2014
And speaking of the local Columbus-Phenix City music scene, it is alive and thriving... Last night I joined Brian Mallard at his groovy Thursday open mic on the sidewalk in front of Fountain City Coffee, 1007 Broadway enjoying the talents, stand-outs being the walking Folk Music encyclopedia Hermel, the incredible vocals and guitar of Danielle Monette (who reminds me very much of a young Joni Mitchell, and the swashbucking singer-songwriter Tyler King. Then Brian Mallard and I revived our old Folk Rock duo for a round of our standards such as "Gone Too Far", "Shark Pact Manifesto" and of course our signature "Sweet Jane", which we dedicated to Kurt Cobain (who shared your birthday, I found out, Flower Child, interestingly, Jack Snipe has the same birthday as Keith Richards & my son Clay's is the same as Jimi Hendrix). Interesting and very legitimate as singer-songwriter Tyler King does his sidewalk show tonight at Fountain City Coffee, 1007 Broadway, and Saturday night the Shadowville All-Stars (Jack Snipe, Rob Wright, myself & special guests) have a sidewalk show at the same location, for a Spring preview of Hogbottom 2014, which is looking like the best year ever for the Columbus-Phenix City music scene.

And so it goes!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23644 Feb 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, it works ... Thanks for the instructions ... they're on a 3X5 index card ... I'll transfer on an email to myself for future reference ... things seem to get lost on my desk ... Jax eats a lot of my homework, LOL ... Nah, it's really that paper shredder that gets so hungry, LOL ... Good talking to ya ... Enjoy your day! >>waves at you<< FC <3 ...
5775 ... says I'll manage to watch 1 of the 30 movies on that flash drive by the end of the week ... weeks end is tomorrow ... MIDNIGHT ha!...
1987 version ... EC ~ AFTER MIDNIGHT ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =szRNqPBmqDwXX
Good morning Flower. I just finished Blood Meridian and it is one of the best books I have read. Takes place in Mexico about 1840. About 15 Americans are hired to kill Indians and bring back the scalps for payment. A group of murderous killers. The think that haunts me is a scene in a brothel where an old man and a young girl have a dancing bear. A drunk cowboy shoots the bear as it dances on stage and the young girl hold the bear while it dies. Strange moving book

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#23645 Feb 21, 2014
Morning Flower. Here's hoping you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man sues 40 people over 5K horn honks (May '14) 6 min pisello 23
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min DarkSoul___ 213,392
Memorable Movie Scenes. 1 hr Sally 133
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 1 hr andet1987 3,317
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Fort Polk Sam 21,522
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr Judy 123 16,421
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 1 hr andet1987 2,789
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr Judy 123 1,271
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 1 hr SMH 6,912
More from around the web