For Dear FlowerChild

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23567 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>.......You are WAY beyond me! I never got into tape....I'm still trying to figure out the ropes!
slip know, LOL ... you're too funny, R ..

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23568 Feb 16, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazingly, Sparks does still exist! Talk about getting out of the box...
From Wikipedia:
Sparks is an American band formed in Los Angeles in 1971 by brothers Ron (keyboards) and Russell Mael (vocals), renamed from Halfnelson, formed in 1968. Best known for their quirky approach to songwriting,[2] Sparks' music is often accompanied by intelligent, sophisticated, and acerbic lyrics,[3] and an idiosyncratic, theatrical stage presence, typified in the contrast between Russell's wide-eyed hyperactive frontman antics and Ron's sedentary scowling. They are also noted for Russell Mael's falsetto voice and Ron Mael's keyboard style.
Though the band's long career has seen them successfully pioneer many different musical genres; including glam rock, power pop, electronic dance music, mainstream pop and most recently chamber pop, Sparks have created their own unique musical universe. While achieving chart success in various countries around the world including United Kingdom, Germany, France, and the United States, they have enjoyed a cult following since their first releases.[4] Sparks have been highly influential on the development of popular music,[5] in particular on the late 1970s scene, when in collaboration with Giorgio Moroder (and Telex subsequently), they reinvented themselves as an electronic pop duo, and abandoned the traditional rock band line up.[6] Their frequently changing styles and visual presentations have kept the band at the forefront of modern, artful pop music.[7]
The 2002 release of Lil' Beethoven, their "genre-defying opus",[8] as well as the more recent albums Hello Young Lovers (2006, their 20th studio album), Exotic Creatures Of The Deep (2008), and their latest fantasy musical The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman (20092010) have brought Sparks renewed critical and commercial success, and seen them continue to "steer clear of pop conventions."[9]
Sparks are best known for the songs "This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us", which reached number 2 in the British charts in 1974, the electronic hit "The Number One Song In Heaven" in 1979, "When I'm With You" which topped the French Charts in 1980, the single "I Predict" became Sparks' first hit on the Billboard Hot 100 reaching #60 in May 1982, the 1984 US hit "Cool Places" with Go-Go Jane Wiedlin, and "When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'" which topped the German and European charts in 1994/95 and was the top airplay record in Germany for 1994.
Like, wow, man.
yeah, really ... like wow, man ... that's really cosmic ... lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23569 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>.......You are WAY beyond me! I never got into tape....I'm still trying to figure out the ropes!
I meant slip KNOT, hahaha ... freudian slip, hahahaha

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23570 Feb 16, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
By the way, this is the most interesting local item I've read in a while... and right around where we have our Hogbottom music festival, just south of us here:
"Strange symbols suddenly appear on Alabama landscape..."
This was just posted on the Doo-Nanny website, fascinating news:
========== Begin Quoted Text]=========
Strange symbols suddenly appear on Alabama landscape Seven abstract symbols that look like they should be on the surface of the Paracus Desert of Peru have suddenly appeared on satellite images of the rural landscape in Russell County, Alabama. There has been no publicity about these mystical designs until this article and no one has claimed responsibility. The strange symbols were discovered on January 30, 2014 by a researcher using remote sensing techniques to identify Creek Indian town sites. They cover approximately 230 acres immediately west of the Chattahoochee River and south of a Native American archaeological zone that is on a former horseshoe bend in the river. Some of the symbols appeared on a NASA image released in late 2013 by ERSI for use in GIS software. The most recent Google satellite image in January 2014 shows several new symbols, plus refinement of the original symbols. Russell County is in east central Alabama, across the Chattahoochee River from Columbus, GA. It abounds in archaeological sites associated with the Creek Indians, and probably was the location of a Chontal Maya trading center about a thousand years ago at an artificial riverine harbor across from present day Fort Benning.
==========End Quoted Text]=========
Interesting, to say the least.
That is very interesting ... is it open to the public? I'd love to see that! WOW! Very Cool!...

4044 ... full house ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23572 Feb 16, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazingly, Sparks does still exist! Talk about getting out of the box...
From Wikipedia:
Sparks is an American band formed in Los Angeles in 1971 by brothers Ron (keyboards) and Russell Mael (vocals), renamed from Halfnelson, formed in 1968. Best known for their quirky approach to songwriting,[2] Sparks' music is often accompanied by intelligent, sophisticated, and acerbic lyrics,[3] and an idiosyncratic, theatrical stage presence, typified in the contrast between Russell's wide-eyed hyperactive frontman antics and Ron's sedentary scowling. They are also noted for Russell Mael's falsetto voice and Ron Mael's keyboard style.
Though the band's long career has seen them successfully pioneer many different musical genres; including glam rock, power pop, electronic dance music, mainstream pop and most recently chamber pop, Sparks have created their own unique musical universe. While achieving chart success in various countries around the world including United Kingdom, Germany, France, and the United States, they have enjoyed a cult following since their first releases.[4] Sparks have been highly influential on the development of popular music,[5] in particular on the late 1970s scene, when in collaboration with Giorgio Moroder (and Telex subsequently), they reinvented themselves as an electronic pop duo, and abandoned the traditional rock band line up.[6] Their frequently changing styles and visual presentations have kept the band at the forefront of modern, artful pop music.[7]
The 2002 release of Lil' Beethoven, their "genre-defying opus",[8] as well as the more recent albums Hello Young Lovers (2006, their 20th studio album), Exotic Creatures Of The Deep (2008), and their latest fantasy musical The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman (20092010) have brought Sparks renewed critical and commercial success, and seen them continue to "steer clear of pop conventions."[9]
Sparks are best known for the songs "This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us", which reached number 2 in the British charts in 1974, the electronic hit "The Number One Song In Heaven" in 1979, "When I'm With You" which topped the French Charts in 1980, the single "I Predict" became Sparks' first hit on the Billboard Hot 100 reaching #60 in May 1982, the 1984 US hit "Cool Places" with Go-Go Jane Wiedlin, and "When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'" which topped the German and European charts in 1994/95 and was the top airplay record in Germany for 1994.
Like, wow, man.
But, no, Will ... I'd have to youtube some of these songs to see if I recognize them ... Do not recognize the band's name, "Sparks" ... I just know when sparks fly, lol ... and Mrs Chispas of course, ha!.. Will check it out later ... I'm watching a movie now ...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23573 Feb 16, 2014
"I think your Freudian slip is showing".
Does any woman even wear a slip anymore? Whatever happened to pantyhose, garter belts, and nylons?
I guess I'm getting old.
Those things gave you the excitement! It's like going through a tunnel slowly removing things so you can find your treasure.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23575 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
"I think your Freudian slip is showing".
Does any woman even wear a slip anymore? Whatever happened to pantyhose, garter belts, and nylons?
I guess I'm getting old.
Those things gave you the excitement! It's like going through a tunnel slowly removing things so you can find your treasure.
I know, for me, they went out in the 90's ... when we moved to Lauderdale By the Sea & then to Fort Lauderdale ... hot and muggy ... I tell you it rained everyday at 1pm ... too hot for panty hose and such ... the guys didn't even wear socks with their loafers ... Slackers, the men they were, LOL ... Nah, you're not getting old, just better, lol ... Well, that's what L said, hahahaha

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23576 Feb 16, 2014
drats, I almost forgot what I came over here ...

*****BOOK REVIEW*****

THE THICKET BY Joe R Lansdale ... Excellent ... mystery/suspense novel ... it was a good book ... a short synopsis follows ...

http://www.examiner.com/review/the-thicket-by...

4129 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23577 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Well, ya know, MH ... duck tape comes in different colors if you want to be a fashion plate ... shoot skeet much with those plates? Pull, Shoot hahahahahahahaha

just leave my china alone, lol ...

8967 ... full house

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23578 Feb 16, 2014
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Flower-Child. It's always nice to see you too.
D is getting better. There are a lot of people sick with colds and flu in town. It's really going around.
Mrs F is on Chapter 4 of 'The Power Of Habit' and likes that book. I'm going to try to read it, I bought it for me. lol It's hard to get myself to sit down and read a whole book...
Have a nice Thursday too.
Forgot to tell you Old Habits Die Hard ... from the Sound Track "Stand Up Guys" ... pretty good movie ...

2330 ... full house of Stand Up guys ...

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23579 Feb 16, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, really ... like wow, man ... that's really cosmic ... lol
Slightly more glitter rock-to-new wavish, but like hippies, definitely "out there"...

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23580 Feb 16, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very interesting ... is it open to the public? I'd love to see that! WOW! Very Cool!...
4044 ... full house ...
I've yet to pinpoint exactly where this is, but has to be REALLY close to here, and even closer to where we have Hogbottom and Doo-Nanny festivals... if not exactly on those locations.

Hoping to get some of our locals together to find out more shortly.

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23581 Feb 16, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
But, no, Will ... I'd have to youtube some of these songs to see if I recognize them ... Do not recognize the band's name, "Sparks" ... I just know when sparks fly, lol ... and Mrs Chispas of course, ha!.. Will check it out later ... I'm watching a movie now ...
I mainly remember them because they were on Midnight Special and Don Kirshner's In Concert so many times during the 1970s... one of those bands which showed up continuously without much else going for them, so the regular viewer would say

"What, those guys again?!?"

Don't really remember much of their music except that it was manic, keyboard based... and makes me think of Supertramp in style, best i recall.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23582 Feb 16, 2014
They have "Blue Tape" now that is much easier to remove. The blood stains and others never leak inside.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#23583 Feb 16, 2014
FLY BY.....
((Love-n-Hugs))
:o)
@}-'--,---

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#23584 Feb 17, 2014
Morning Flower & friends.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23585 Feb 17, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning Flower & friends.
Good morning. Wake up Flower :) You are burning daylight

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23586 Feb 17, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I mainly remember them because they were on Midnight Special and Don Kirshner's In Concert so many times during the 1970s... one of those bands which showed up continuously without much else going for them, so the regular viewer would say
"What, those guys again?!?"
Don't really remember much of their music except that it was manic, keyboard based... and makes me think of Supertramp in style, best i recall.
Good morning, Will ... This band must've been a one hit wonder band ... back in the 70's after high school grad ... during college and the Midnight Special on Saturday Night ... I either studied/worked during the week ... I sure didn't stay home on Saturday nights ... I don't remember Saturday Night LIVE either, LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23587 Feb 17, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
They have "Blue Tape" now that is much easier to remove. The blood stains and others never leak inside.
Morning MH ... I thought the blue tape was to outline where you didn't want the paint to get on the surface near where you were painting ... or where the policemen outlined the body ... huh?... Maybe I'm thinking about the Blue Men Group, LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23588 Feb 17, 2014
Wildbluerose wrote:
FLY BY.....
((Love-n-Hugs))
:o)
@}-'--,---
Morning Rosebud ... Love & hugs right back atcha ...@}-'--, Wuv you, too! >hugs< FC <3 ...

6605 .. full house of hugs ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min texas pete 151,575
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 4 min Doobie Time 9,939
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 6 min Doobie Time 12,982
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 9 min Doobie Time 7,112
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min Doobie Time 48,471
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 23 min Doobie Time 18,950
Let's Play Song Titles With Only Three Words,... (Dec '13) 26 min Doobie Time 950
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 1 hr andet1987 14,177
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr andet1987 34,972
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr qwertypus 230,626