“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23543 Feb 16, 2014
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Valentine's Day Flower-Child.
It sure is good to have you to talk to.
lol I don't think that book is about Sally Field! Or flying with your hat.
Sounds like your nephew is normal, if that's a good thing. Sports are a good thing to keep a 13 year old busy, there's so many other temptations nowdays.
Good morning, Fisherman ... Normal? What is normal? LOL ... he's a typical teenager in a small rural town just north of ATL ... My brother is a "kicker" AKA redneck with a short fuse ... he's 61 and the boy is 13 ... Guess he didn't heed my little brother's advice to carry an "umbrella" around when he was dating his current wife Angie, LOL ... Well, it's true ... it's the advice my little brother gave us 3 girls so we wouldn't get preggers, hahahaha yeppers, it's true ... and no, the 4 of us do not have children ... only the oldest in ATL, heh! We had careers, well, he did too but now he's hittin' retirement with a 13 y/o ... YIKES! LOL ...

Go glad to have you to talk with as well ... Thanks for being there for me ... and, Fisherman, I got this ---> I'm on your 6 ... yeah, buddy! Hello to D & M ... Enjoy your Sunday! Peace & Love ~ FC <3 ...

7722 ... 2 pair = 2 bird in the trees singing happily ...

“New poetry book coming soon”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23544 Feb 16, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Qw9oX-kZ_9kXX
Dire Straits always rocked & still do! Get your earpiece checked, Will ... LOL ... Sometimes the pattern and/or style of a band changes over time ... I'm sure you've experienced that as a musician ... I've seen it happen with house bands, studio bands and our local bands ... it's all good ... Our tastes, in general, change as we grow older ... As in, I'm not a fan of pop music which I would narrowly stack side by side to bubble gum music back in the 60's but I love bubble gum music ... go figure, lol ... in any event, stick to what you know but don't be afraid to go "outside the box" ... I tend to stay that way with this "new" type of music ... I actually saw Bruno Mars on the Beatles reunion ... he was actually good ... so see, I didn't give him enough credit ... Justin Timberlake, years ago, gave tribute to America's soldiers and I saw a different side of him I'd not otherwise have seen and I now have an altogether new found respect to for him because of that tribute; also he (Justin) was in that baseball movie with Clint Eastwood, "Curve Ball" or whatever the name of the movie ... He actually could be an actor with just a few more acting lessons but nonetheless I liked his acting skills in the movie ... So, yeah, these youngsters are our future ... >>scary music plays in background<< BUT, if you listen to the commercials, what you hear in terms of music is CLASSIC ROCK ...
LONG LIVE ROCK ... is what the back of my tee-shirts from the 80's says ... LIVE IT LEARN IT LOVE IT ... LOL ...
Enjoy your day, Will ... Rock on! FC <3 ...
1681 ... sunshine in your future
Oh sure, I'm aware that talented musicians remain so, but sometimes the /connection/ I have with them fades or passes, and while I appreciate the quality, it doesn't command my attention.

I know my work has that effect on many... millions... of listeners...

But I wish them well on their journey!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23545 Feb 16, 2014
Wildbluerose wrote:
Wishing You Very Happy Valentines Day...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
5645.... Bet on a Pair of Friends like us!
<3
Good morning, Rosebud ... Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day right back to you even if I'm a few days late ... I know you love the trinket you received sent over the miles ... Hopefully get back with you after CBS Sunday Morning and Face the Nation ... Have a lovely day in the meantime ... Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

1901 ... full house, ace's 9 high ... GO FOR IT ...

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23546 Feb 16, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, come on Will ... get outside that box I keep talking about, LOL ...
4004 ... 4 of a kind says you will ...* wink
Really, I'm so far outside the box I don't even know where I left it...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23547 Feb 16, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning Flower! Another beautiful day. Enjoy the weekend :)
Good morning, Denny ... omigosh, it was a picture perfect day ... just gorgeous Saturday ... a repeat day today ... 70's ...had all windows in the car open, the sun roof open ... it felt so good ... the sun, though, was hot on the top of my pointy little head, LOL ...

Aw, I just saw the white little polar bear at the (didn't catch the name) zoo on CBS Sunday Morning ... I think St Louis but don't quote me ... So cute ...

Hope you and your wife take a stroll around the block, holding hands and stop to smell the roses ... Have an awesome day! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23548 Feb 16, 2014
Buenas Dias! Flo-Chi!
Yes Bobby is seven. I also think you know he has a learning problem. Bobby is "Austintistic."

I'm sorry, this should be a Capitol Offense.

I might open up the pool today!

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23549 Feb 16, 2014
Where is my previous post?

Well anyway, Good Moaning you people with Austintism!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23550 Feb 16, 2014
Big Time wrote:
http://img.costumecraze.com/im ages/vendors/forum/65804-Girls -Flower-Power-Costume-large.jp g
Hope Your Day Is Groovy, Doodle,...
Good morning, Boo ... Plan on having a a groovy day all the way around, 360 ... you do the same ... Catch you around the corner! >huggles< FC <3 ...

8645 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23551 Feb 16, 2014
Big Time wrote:
http://img.costumecraze.com/im ages/vendors/forum/65804-Girls -Flower-Power-Costume-large.jp g
Hope Your Day Is Groovy, Doodle,...

7428 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23552 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
I think all of us old time Topix People, especially from western Europe need to take a bus trip to see you in Austin! I hear it is close to The Capitol!
We will meet in between....let's say Honolulu.
I was never good at geometry....but I find my way home.
LOL ... Good morning MH ... I LOVED my geometry teacher ... her name was Mrs Sparks ... Sparks in spanish is "chispas" and we called her (my BFF of 43 years) called her Mrs Chispas ... My locker was outside her door ... passed her class with a 97 ... pronouned "chees-pahs" ... I will never forget her .. she was so kind to us ...

Sure, get in the Flower Power bus and come on down ... You can come visit but you can't move here, LOL ...

Austin population: FULL, lol ...

too many people here and growing ... We are at full capacity ... the metropolitan area is growning at a great pace ... Cedar Park is one of the fastest growing little towns in Texas ... its outskirts are bulging ... those little towns??? Want our water ... yeah, from Lake Travis ... Don't get me started ...

But yeah, come on down ... you're the next contestant on Texas Trivia, lol ... Wishing you L & Bobby a fun day ... Luvya, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23553 Feb 16, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are still some mysterious moments in the Rodriguez story, I've noticed... I look forward to the third album whenever he does feel it is ready, after all it's been over 40 since the second one.
Yes, the sound track album is nearly perfect... in my opinion.
And so it goes.
I agree to disagree with you ... the soundtrack album IS perfect IMO ... I've ordered a 2nd CD so I don't have to listen to the 1st track go Sugar Man, Sugar Man, Sugar Man, Sugar Man, Sugar Man, Sugar Man, Sugar Man, Sugar Man, Sugar, Sugar Man, etc LOL ... The first track was the first to go ... I wore out that CD having learned all the words to every song ... then learning the chords to most of the songs ... Not all of them, as I'm not that talented, heh! But I try ... some of them only have 3 chords ... I got this, hahaha ...

Have a nice day, Will ... have fun! Peace ~ FC <3 ...

8373 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23554 Feb 16, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure, I'm aware that talented musicians remain so, but sometimes the /connection/ I have with them fades or passes, and while I appreciate the quality, it doesn't command my attention.
I know my work has that effect on many... millions... of listeners...
But I wish them well on their journey!
duly noted ... and so it goes ... Just keep doing what you do ... you know you love it and it makes you happy ... Good day to you! FC <3 ...

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23555 Feb 16, 2014
I hated Algebra, but liked Trig, and "Gee! I'm a Tree" were fine because I used them daily when I was a toolmaker and then a designer.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23556 Feb 16, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, I'm so far outside the box I don't even know where I left it...
LOL ... you should see me trying to mail a box ... There's so much packing tape I feel sorry for the receiver trying to get into it, hahahaha ... it's all good!*wink ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23557 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Where is my previous post?
Well anyway, Good Moaning you people with Austintism!
Hola Senior Hillbilly-ism ... why you moaning today? LOL ...

3899 ...

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23558 Feb 16, 2014
Remember...."Sparks" spelled backwards is "Skraps!"...What is wrong with me this morning?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23559 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
I hated Algebra, but liked Trig, and "Gee! I'm a Tree" were fine because I used them daily when I was a toolmaker and then a designer.
I often wondered, in high school AND college how trig and calculus, would be of benefit to me in the future ... I could count money, LOL ...

7954 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23560 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Buenas Dias! Flo-Chi!
Yes Bobby is seven. I also think you know he has a learning problem. Bobby is "Austintistic."
I'm sorry, this should be a Capitol Offense.
I might open up the pool today!
Aw, I bet he's so sweet ... I know he is ... I'd love to wrap my arms around him and give him a good Texas size hug ...

You're on a roll today, MH ...

1049 ...

Level 5

Columbus, GA

#23561 Feb 16, 2014
By the way, this is the most interesting local item I've read in a while... and right around where we have our Hogbottom music festival, just south of us here:

"Strange symbols suddenly appear on Alabama landscape..."

This was just posted on the Doo-Nanny website, fascinating news:

========== Begin Quoted Text]=========

Strange symbols suddenly appear on Alabama landscape Seven abstract symbols that look like they should be on the surface of the Paracus Desert of Peru have suddenly appeared on satellite images of the rural landscape in Russell County, Alabama. There has been no publicity about these mystical designs until this article and no one has claimed responsibility. The strange symbols were discovered on January 30, 2014 by a researcher using remote sensing techniques to identify Creek Indian town sites. They cover approximately 230 acres immediately west of the Chattahoochee River and south of a Native American archaeological zone that is on a former horseshoe bend in the river. Some of the symbols appeared on a NASA image released in late 2013 by ERSI for use in GIS software. The most recent Google satellite image in January 2014 shows several new symbols, plus refinement of the original symbols. Russell County is in east central Alabama, across the Chattahoochee River from Columbus, GA. It abounds in archaeological sites associated with the Creek Indians, and probably was the location of a Chontal Maya trading center about a thousand years ago at an artificial riverine harbor across from present day Fort Benning.

==========End Quoted Text]=========

Interesting, to say the least.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23562 Feb 16, 2014
You are up to "1157" an automotive light bulb!
The only things people remember from college is what they use on a daily basis. The other things are......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Sharlene45 213,255
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min THE LONE WORKER 220,695
Memorable Movie Scenes. 14 min Emerald 58
News 'This is a bizarre situation': John McCain says... 24 min Trump your President 42
A to Z songs by title or group! 31 min RowdyRulzRacing 1,248
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 35 min Jennifer Renee 23,374
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 36 min Denny CranesPlace 73,408
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 21,472
More from around the web