For Dear FlowerChild

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23523 Feb 14, 2014
Buenas Dias Y'All!
Yesterday I was helping my 7 year old with his homework on defining short and long vowels. He did perfect and I don't know why.
My Portuguese wife comes home and said in English, "Deed Bobby do velly well on Hees Homewoik?"
She sounds just like the Colombian wife on "Modern Family."

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#23524 Feb 14, 2014

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#23525 Feb 14, 2014
Kudo's on the Colombian Weed ,


Back in the day,...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23526 Feb 14, 2014
My neighbor, Billy Ray Virus, did "Achy Breaky Heart" and I couldn't stand to hear it from day one.
I was living in Brasil in 1997, eating lunch with my Canadian friend, then we heard the music pumped into the cafeteria, and busted out laughing!
It was "Achy Breaky Heart" in Portuguese!
That night I went to the music store and asked if I could buy the CD "Coracao Aviado" or "Coracao Quembrado"....the girl said "Um Momento". She came back and played it for me. The title of "Achy Breaky Heart" is "Pura Emocao" or ("Pure Emotion") done by one of the most famous artists in Brasil , Chitaozinho e Xororro! These guys are like the Stones! Hell! you can probably Google it somewhere! It's hilarious!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#23527 Feb 14, 2014
Happy Valentines Day Flower.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#23528 Feb 14, 2014
Happy Valentines Day to the ladies!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23529 Feb 14, 2014
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Flower-Child. It's always nice to see you too.
D is getting better. There are a lot of people sick with colds and flu in town. It's really going around.
Mrs F is on Chapter 4 of 'The Power Of Habit' and likes that book. I'm going to try to read it, I bought it for me. lol It's hard to get myself to sit down and read a whole book...
Have a nice Thursday too.
Good morning, Fisherman ... So glad to hear that D is getting better ... Just in time for the weekend much better, yes indeed! I'll be thinking about her and prayers for even still a more rapid recovery!
My nephew thinks it's boring to read ... he's into sports and wants to stay "in the box" so to say ... trying to encouraging to get outside the box is almost impossible at 13 years of age ... Of course, he knows more that I and his Dad ... I did too at that age, heh ... didn't you, LOL ... I told him once, "reading is knowledge, knowledge is power" ... he pondered on that and said and trumped my famous line, "oh, okay" ha!... Might try setting aside a "time" specifically for reading ... and maybe that'll be your "habit" ... leave the nun's alone, haha ... Hello to D and catch you on the other side ... Happy Valentine's Day and don't forget her! Peace & Love ~ FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23530 Feb 14, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think I'll have the courage to listen to that!
Aw, come on Will ... get outside that box I keep talking about, LOL ...

4004 ... 4 of a kind says you will ...* wink

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23531 Feb 14, 2014
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Rodriguez songs continue to grow in depth the more I listen.
I wonder what happened with that long awaited new album that he was supposed to put out last year?
Good morning Will and Happy V-D day to you ... I'm sure he's still working on it ... these things take time as you know ... probably a contract snafu or writing the right words for the right song, chords, getting the band together ... I hope he uses strings like he did in the Searching for Sugar Man soundtrack ... I just love that soundtrack ... Hope your day is lively, snow free & you enjoy it to the fullest ... Catch you around the corner, Will! Peace & Love! FC <3 ...

5907 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23532 Feb 14, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Buenas Dias Y'All!
Yesterday I was helping my 7 year old with his homework on defining short and long vowels. He did perfect and I don't know why.
My Portuguese wife comes home and said in English, "Deed Bobby do velly well on Hees Homewoik?"
She sounds just like the Colombian wife on "Modern Family."
Good morning, MH ... nice to see you ... and bless L ... At least she's TRYING to learn and speak the language in the country of which she lives ... Others that come from various and assorted countries, legal or illegally don't even try ... they talk in their native language back and forth while doing the mani/pedi thing and I say, "what are y'all talking about?" ... and then they stop, LOL ... I know you can imagine me asking, HA!

So, if Bobby is now 7 that means I've known you 6 years? Goodness, that's a very long time and it's good to know you MH ... Have a lovely evening with your bride! Beijos! FC <3 ...

6336 ... leave the pea shooter at home ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23533 Feb 14, 2014
Big Time wrote:
http://nationalharbor.com/wp-c ontent/uploads/2012/11/valenti ne24.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I4qh_9vH1WwXX
Good morning Doodle bug,...
Good morning, Boo ... Happy Valentine's Day!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

8096 ... straight ... from the heart

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23534 Feb 14, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Happy Valentines Day Flower.
Happy Valentine's Day, Rotor >>mwah<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23535 Feb 14, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
Happy Valentines Day to the ladies!
Thank you and Good Morning, Ricky ... Wishing you an awesome Valentine's Day as well ... Have fun! Hearts, FC <3 ...

4310 ... straight from the Hallmark aisle

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#23536 Feb 14, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Fisherman ... So glad to hear that D is getting better ... Just in time for the weekend much better, yes indeed! I'll be thinking about her and prayers for even still a more rapid recovery!
My nephew thinks it's boring to read ... he's into sports and wants to stay "in the box" so to say ... trying to encouraging to get outside the box is almost impossible at 13 years of age ... Of course, he knows more that I and his Dad ... I did too at that age, heh ... didn't you, LOL ... I told him once, "reading is knowledge, knowledge is power" ... he pondered on that and said and trumped my famous line, "oh, okay" ha!... Might try setting aside a "time" specifically for reading ... and maybe that'll be your "habit" ... leave the nun's alone, haha ... Hello to D and catch you on the other side ... Happy Valentine's Day and don't forget her! Peace & Love ~ FC <3 ...
Happy Valentine's Day Flower-Child.
It sure is good to have you to talk to.
lol I don't think that book is about Sally Field! Or flying with your hat.
Sounds like your nephew is normal, if that's a good thing. Sports are a good thing to keep a 13 year old busy, there's so many other temptations nowdays.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#23537 Feb 14, 2014
Wishing You Very Happy Valentines Day...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

5645.... Bet on a Pair of Friends like us!
<3

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23538 Feb 15, 2014
Good morning Flower! Another beautiful day. Enjoy the weekend :)

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#23539 Feb 15, 2014
http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/fo...


Hope Your Day Is Groovy, Doodle,...






“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23540 Feb 15, 2014
I think all of us old time Topix People, especially from western Europe need to take a bus trip to see you in Austin! I hear it is close to The Capitol!

We will meet in between....let's say Honolulu.

I was never good at geometry....but I find my way home.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23541 Feb 16, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
My neighbor, Billy Ray Virus, did "Achy Breaky Heart" and I couldn't stand to hear it from day one.
I was living in Brasil in 1997, eating lunch with my Canadian friend, then we heard the music pumped into the cafeteria, and busted out laughing!
It was "Achy Breaky Heart" in Portuguese!
That night I went to the music store and asked if I could buy the CD "Coracao Aviado" or "Coracao Quembrado"....the girl said "Um Momento". She came back and played it for me. The title of "Achy Breaky Heart" is "Pura Emocao" or ("Pure Emotion") done by one of the most famous artists in Brasil , Chitaozinho e Xororro! These guys are like the Stones! Hell! you can probably Google it somewhere! It's hilarious!
Might try that!

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23542 Feb 16, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Will and Happy V-D day to you ... I'm sure he's still working on it ... these things take time as you know ... probably a contract snafu or writing the right words for the right song, chords, getting the band together ... I hope he uses strings like he did in the Searching for Sugar Man soundtrack ... I just love that soundtrack ... Hope your day is lively, snow free & you enjoy it to the fullest ... Catch you around the corner, Will! Peace & Love! FC <3 ...
5907 ...
Yes, there are still some mysterious moments in the Rodriguez story, I've noticed... I look forward to the third album whenever he does feel it is ready, after all it's been over 40 since the second one.

Yes, the sound track album is nearly perfect... in my opinion.

And so it goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min wichita-rick 217,234
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min The Wall 75,306
A to Z songs by title or group! 17 min CJ Rocker 1,821
News Obama-era photographer keeps trolling Trump 38 min Pope Closet Emeritus 4
News Ben & Jerry's 'no-same-flavor' rule implemented... 1 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 7
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 1 hr andet1987 7,219
Space: Where are the Aliens? 1 hr greymouser 42
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr oddie 21,907
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr a_visitor 4,092
More from around the web